Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 05:43:15 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37644
  • Latest: Aman08
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773220
  • Total Topics: 66338
  • Online Today: 716
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 602
Total: 605

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: SC ADAP WAITING LIST  (Read 5593 times)

Offline Kellyjep

SC ADAP WAITING LIST
« on: February 15, 2007, 11:35:15 am »
As PWA in South Carolina's 350+ waiting list for medicines, for people have already died.  I decided to to a TV interview and front page article for The State Newspaper.  It was also in The New York Times.  I have emailed our representives and PWA friendly Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi.  The only other state with a waiting list is Alaska and their list is 16.  In a state that still carries a heavy stigma I felt it was time to stop the B.S. and speak up in hopes that SC will provide emergency funding for the ADAP program.  Anyone else in SC are you ready to act?

Offline woober

Re: SC ADAP WAITING LIST
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2007, 06:05:31 pm »
I think it is wonderful that you have taken a stand.  Too often Americans forget about issues here in America and "we" become focused on the political-criminal system of the "developing world."  The other concept is the largest percentage of people in America with HIV are homosexuals  and are considered "subhuman" deserving what we get.   It is easy to convince the far right Christians to help their "heterosexual brethren" and to ignore us.   As a Christian I wonder what Jesus would do?  The following quote has been an argument stopper for me, "GOD save me from your followers."

Offline Kellyjep

Re: SC ADAP WAITING LIST
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2007, 10:58:56 am »
RE: ADAP WAITING LIST:

I don't understand why there are so few people in this the state of South Carolina that won't stand up and demand that action be taken.  The stigma is still so heavy here.  As a recovering IV drug user I suppose we "get what we deserve too".  I was intentionally infected by someone.  As someone who was interviewed for our local news on TV, our newspaper and the New York Times, I have put myself out there in hopes that others in SC will fight for the medicines we need to stay alive.  Anyone willing to contact our Representatives that control the budget in SC need to get online and email, call, or write them and demand emergency funding!!!!!! Four dead, and who's next?  Take action and live!!!!!

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.