Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 01:05:44 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37644
  • Latest: Aman08
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773225
  • Total Topics: 66338
  • Online Today: 623
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 376
Total: 377

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Is originality dead???  (Read 7072 times)

Offline allopathicholistic

Is originality dead???
« on: August 10, 2008, 03:30:29 pm »
Is originality dead? LOL. I hope kids today don't think this shit's original cuz it's not  ::)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWFsOkvGAug

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4r1bwGabjfc

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
Re: Is originality dead???
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2008, 05:24:18 pm »
Maybe the demographic they are going for is the teens parents. Bring back memories, making them want to shop?

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2008, 05:33:46 pm »

And it seems that "The Breakfast Club", is constantly being replayed, on some channel...

Ray
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

UPDATED: As of April, 2nd 2024,Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @593 /  CD4 % @ 18 %

Lymphocytes,total-3305 (within range)

cd4/cd8 ratio -0.31

cd8 %-57

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline Oceanbeach

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2008, 05:34:16 pm »
I saw some previews for a new TV show and that red haired girl, who was so cute and in a lot of teen movies, including The Breakfast Club... Now, plays the mother of a teenage girl on TV.  I hope 50's college girl actress Paula Prentis makes a comeback because, I am still ledft wondering... "Where the Boys Are?"  :D  Have the best day
Michael

Edited to add Her Red- haired Girl (Phylatio)

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: August 10, 2008, 05:37:52 pm by Sonomabeach »

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2008, 05:47:36 pm »
Anthony Michael Hall has been on the USA Network’s supernatural drama The Dead Zone and recently he was a reporter in the movie The Dark Knight.

Judd Nelson has had some television roles and lower-budget films and acted on stage. His Wikipedia page isnt terribly enlightening.

Emilio Estevez seems to be working as a director,writer and producer with a couple of voice roles in cartoons the last being the character Bobby on the 2006 movie Arthur and the Invisibles.

The principle Paul Gleason died on May 27, 2006 at a Burbank, California hospital from mesothelioma,

Offline Oceanbeach

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2008, 05:59:36 pm »
Was Ally Sheedy in The Breakfast Club?  I saw her in a movie where she played a lesbian photographer, she was really good in that film.  Judd Nelson played opposite Brooke Shields in a TV show for a season.  Neither Judd Nelson nor Ally Sheedy aged very well.  ;D  Have the best day
Michael

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2008, 07:35:05 pm »
Yep the girls where Molly Ringwald and Ally Sheedy.

Offline Oceanbeach

« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2008, 08:14:34 pm »
And don't they both have red hair and Molly Ringwald is the one in Phylatio's avatar?  ;D  Have the best day
Michael

Offline Mouse

• Om nom nom.
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2008, 08:40:37 pm »
80s is very in right now.  :)

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2008, 09:02:26 pm »
The picture is too small for me to be able to tell. Alley Sheedy may have red hair currently. I dont know but her natural color is brown.

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2008, 09:05:02 pm »
And don't they both have red hair and Molly Ringwald is the one in Phylatio's avatar?  ;D  Have the best day
Michael

Yes, Molly Ringwald is the one in the avatar (hee).  By the way, I love the Breakfast Club and would watch it a million times.
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2008, 09:06:33 pm »
I think I have watched it a million times. That and The Color Purple and Dirty Dancing.  ;D

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2008, 09:09:52 pm »

Edited to add Her Red- haired Girl (Phylatio)

Honey, you're off a decade or so if you're aiming for Ms. Ringwald.
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline Basquo

« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2008, 09:22:13 pm »
I like it. Something that brings back good memories but makes me feel like I can relate to the now.  Is that what you wanted?

But to join the random conversation, I have a hardback book of poetry that Ally Sheedy wrote in rehab.  It's called Yesterday I Saw the Sun, and it's pretty bad.  But  she also wrote a book when she was very young, like 10? before she was a teen star.

Offline Basquo

« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2008, 09:27:00 pm »

She looks like Madeline Kahn...who is she?

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2008, 09:32:44 pm »
The only Eunice I could think of was Carol Burnett.

and I know thats not right.

Offline Oceanbeach

« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2008, 10:47:12 pm »

Well it's not Eunice Kennedy Schriver, Mother-in-Law of California Governor Arnold Schwartzenneger so... I'm going to guess Deborah Walley, the very first Gidget Goes Hawaii  ;D  Have the best day
Michael

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2008, 10:58:17 pm »
Such epic failure for a man your age, Michael.  Not to mention What's Up Doc? was filmed in San Francisco, and is one of the few movies starring Barbra Streisand that's even watchable.  In fact, it's such perfect slapstick I can watch it repeatedly.

Creighton answered correctly:  Madeline Kahn

ps:  this woman's name was Eunice too

« Last Edit: August 11, 2008, 12:11:55 am by philly267 »

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2008, 01:23:41 pm »
Because I love the muppets...

The Muppet Show with guest Madeline Kahn
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALF3_3u3O8c&feature=related

Offline Oceanbeach

« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2008, 02:22:35 pm »
Such epic failure for a man your age, Michael. 

Phylatio Honey,

My whole life is epic failure but was Whats Up Doc, the one with Ryan Oneill?  When Streisand says, Love means you never have to say you are sorry, he says it's the corniest line he ever heard.  Then the movie ends?  If that was Whats Up Doc, all I remember is the end.  ;D  Have the best day
Michael

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2008, 07:15:35 pm »
Phylatio Honey,

My whole life is epic failure but was Whats Up Doc, the one with Ryan Oneill?  When Streisand says, Love means you never have to say you are sorry, he says it's the corniest line he ever heard. 
Didn't what's her name in Love Story originally say that line?
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline Oceanbeach

« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2008, 08:02:06 pm »
Didn't what's her name in Love Story originally say that line?

Actually, she did... Alli McGraw said it to Ryan Oneill in Love Story
Then, Barbra Streissand said it to Ryan Oneill in another movie where he said it was the corniest line he ever heard.  ;D Have the best day
Michael

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2008, 08:25:48 pm »
Phylatio Honey,

My whole life is epic failure but was Whats Up Doc, the one with Ryan Oneill?  When Streisand says, Love means you never have to say you are sorry, he says it's the corniest line he ever heard.  Then the movie ends?  If that was Whats Up Doc, all I remember is the end.  ;D  Have the best day
Michael

Yes, that's the one.  It was on TV here Saturday night so I had Eunice on the brain.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.