Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 22, 2024, 09:54:36 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773263
  • Total Topics: 66345
  • Online Today: 185
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 116
Total: 116

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Serious questions.  (Read 4492 times)

Offline ineedtoknow

• Standard
Serious questions.
« on: May 26, 2014, 04:11:42 pm »
I have a few questions regarding seroconversion. I am very worried about the current state of my health after a risky exposure over 5 weeks ago. I am experiencing symptoms and I have also confirmed via 2 doctors(emergency room and also one in urgent care at another facility)  that I have a lymph node. This lymph node is hard and it does not move. It's located in front of the ear (upper side burn area) and has been there for 15 days. In addition I had blood work done and I see there is an increase in my monocyte levels. I do not experience : rash, fevers, diarrhea, night sweats. I do have a sore throat (for abut 3 weeks now), swollen testicles, (I was told in emergency that I have varicose veins in the testicles), tingling and legs and feets, also sharp pains throughout the body. I was told at urgent care via bloodwork that I am anemic. I suffer from anemia due to distil ileum being removed. I associate my anemia at this time to diet and being negligent by not taking my b 12 injections or iron pills. Nevertheless the lymph node still wouldn't be there and I wouldn't feel like I do . I also noticed abut 3 weeks ago I was experiencing a lot pain in the uretha. No dischare or burning while urination. it burned a little bit but not while I urinated. Also the tip of my penis head continuously was in pain. I urinate constantly through the day especially at night. It feels like some of the organs on my left side are swollen or being affected. The doctor in the emergency room told me that the lymph node was being caused by a virus. I actually took an STD test a day before going to the emergency. I didn't notice the lymph node the day I took the test. That was May 8th 2014 exactly 25-30 days after the possible exposure. I received the results May 15th, 2014 and everything was negative. HIV, SYHLIS, GON, CYLMADIA. The issue i'm having is that the symptoms have not subsided. I took doxycline, and augmentin and neither one helped with the lymph node. I am feeling an itching type of feeling all throughout my face, back, and head. It feels like the nerves down my spinal column are activated and I can feel nerve sensations all through my head. I have not lost any weight and I have not vomited. My anemia causes me to be a bit tired so I have started eating meat and a few things to boost my iron. I was trying a raw diet with herbs to get better but it didn't reverse my problem although I will admit it caused me to lose weight but it also calmed down my sore throat. I suspect that my risky exposure is the reason behind all of this. I received a blow job with no condom from a woman and also had the misfortune of the condom coming off while having vaginal sex. I didn't know the girl . I met her out on the night. I want to know how do my chances look in terms of this being HIV?  How accurate is a 25 day test? A hard immovable lymph node is said to be seious. How long does a hard node normally exist? Whatever this is it has an interest in my nervous system. Any positive feedback would be greatly appreciated. Does HIV usually manifest hard immovable lymph nodes in front of the ear. Also the doctor at urgent care also aggressively monitored my neck with his finger digging into my deep tissues and he said he also felt a small node on the ride side of neck. You cant even feel it by touching the surface because I still cant find it. I also just noticed a what appears to be sore in the lower left hand corner of my bottom lip. I haven't been kissing on anyone. I don't recall biting my lip neither.  I have another test result tomorrow at 37 - 42 days post exposure. I'm just hoping for the best. Please help. Thank you

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
Re: Serious questions.
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2014, 09:35:02 pm »
The unprotected vaginal sex was a risk, you can test for HIV 6 weeks past any possible exposure and again at 3 months to confirm the results . Getting a blow job is not a risk nor a factor in this risk assessment .

We do not need to know your symptoms and we never discuss them because they are not specific to hiv and could be caused by many other things . The only way to know if yo have HIV is to test at the appropriate time and not from symptoms . If you are sick go see a doctor and find out why .

Here's what you need to know in order to avoid hiv infection:

You need to be using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no exceptions until such time as you are in a securely monogamous relationship where you have both tested for ALL sexually transmitted infections together.

To agree to have unprotected intercourse is to consent to the possibility of being infected with an STI. Sex without a condom lasts only a matter of minutes, but hiv is forever.

Have a look through the condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use condoms with confidence.

Anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results.

Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv. Some of the other STIs can be present with no obvious symptoms, so the only way to know for sure is to test.

Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, and you will avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple!
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline ineedtoknow

• Standard
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2016, 01:29:44 am »
The episode(s) in question are from protected insertive vaginal and protected receiving oral sex occurring within the last 5 weeks. I had 4 protected encounters with female sex workers. I am a man. The condoms remained intact without breakage. At best I got some fluids on my pubic hairs or the base of my penis.

I am aware that symptoms are not the proper way to diagnose. But the irony of physical occurrence's after these episodes has truly got me alarmed. Not to mention the phobia that comes from reading about HIV related cases. Long story short, remarkably I have symptoms consistent with seroconversion. Funny thing is I can just about rule out anything unrelated to sex that would produce these identical symptoms.

Rash appears in my chin and ankles, hand and arm at this point. Incredibly itchy. Sore throat comes and goes. Ive experienced worse pharyngitis before. No fevers yet. I am sweating more than average I would say. More like a dampness. Nothing profusely so I don't know if that would fall under night sweats. Neuropathy throughout my body, muscle twitching. Palms are read. Joint pain and sometimes a bit weak but not incredibly. No diarrhea as of yet. No weight loss. Still have appetite. Chills and numbness in hands. My biggest concern is the rash. I can feel my face chest and trunk area itching as if there's an eruption to follow. It shows up on other parts of my body where I have the same sensations. No swollen glands that I can tell but underarms have some pain.

I took an elisa rapid test at 21st day =neg. Took oraquick at 28 days = neg. Realistically, I am trying to realize how much I may have been at risk wearing an intact condom. Is it possible that seroconversion on any of the ladies part would have made me increasingly susceptible even with a condom that stayed in tact. I cant imagine it just being an allergic reaction or a general sickness. why all these symptoms after sex. My mind would be at ease if the rashes were non existent. I am not being bit by insects. the rash is just popping up. went to ER and they told me they looked like bites. Bullshit. they come out of nowhere even when im at work. Im in an office building with no bugs.

Please provide any insight that may assist and guide me to a clearer understanding . I am heterosexual. I do not do anal. All my encounters are protected.

Thanks a million.

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
  • Threads: @jim16309
    • Social Media: Threads
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2016, 01:39:32 am »
Hi

I read your post very carefully and nothing you mentioned was a risk for HIV transmission.

Your symptoms have nothing to do with hiv and we do not discuss them, so please speak to your doctor again about what is making you sick

Here's what you need to know in order to avoid hiv infection:
You need to be using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no exceptions. As you are sexually active, it is highly recommended that you get a full sexual health check-up / screening at least annually including but not limited to hiv testing.

Remember that some sexual practices which may be described as ‘safe’ in terms of HIV transmission might still pose a risk for transmission of other STI's. So please do get fully tested regularly for all STI's including HIV and more frequently if unprotected intercourse occurs. Also note that it is possible to have an STI and show no signs or symptoms and the only way of knowing is by testing.

Finally use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, to avoid sexually transmitted hiv infection.

Kind regards

Jim

Please Note.
As a member of the AM I Infected Forum you are required to only post in this one thread no matter how long between visits or the subject matter. You can find this thread by going to your profile and selecting show own post and it will take you here . It helps us to help you when you keep all your thoughts or questions in one thread and it helps other readers to follow the discussion. Any additional threads will be deleted
HIV 101 - Everything you need to know
HIV 101
Read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
Read about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
Read about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline ineedtoknow

• Standard
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2016, 01:43:29 am »
I guess I'm just looking for support. Sounds like you heard it all. So no matter what the bottom line is test at 13 weeks. Well I can't knock you. I can imagine what you go through. Some of us are realistic but this is a serious issue.  Do you suggest any particular test over the other. I've heard of a 42 day test. The problem is that most of the workers at the clinic do not have detailed information about the type of test there giving you. Like whether it's 4 generation etc etc. I've asked only to receive little next to nothing. I pray that you're right but I can't help but ask myself how was this possible. I'm playing back on the episodes in my head and I did everything right. The one risk that I had was receiving oral unprotected and that came back negative after 12 weeks. It may even been closer to 13. Wish me luck and ddo suggest a test. I remember them drawing blood in tubes and having to wait a week for results. Now it's different. Makes me wonder if it's accurate. Duo , 4th generation, rn, P24, pcr. I'm confused

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2016, 02:43:02 am »
Hi

Look there hasn’t been a single documented case of HIV transmission to an insertive partner (the person being "sucked") and you will not be the first.

If you tested positive for HIV it would not be from the incident posted here. 

I've heard of a 42 day test. The problem is that most of the workers at the clinic do not have detailed information about the type of test there giving you. Like whether it's 4 generation etc etc.

5th/4th/3rd generation etc ... The 13 weeks takes older tests into account and outliers in terms of producing antibodies. Not that you need to run out and test for HIV. You had a risk for other STI's but not HIV from the incidents posted.

Please work with your doctor to find out what is making you ill.

Jim
« Last Edit: August 31, 2016, 02:50:09 am by JimDublin »
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline ineedtoknow

• Standard
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2018, 11:12:45 pm »
 I have just about read the basis of what I believe is having an understanding of hiv. I am certain that I am not beyond being enlightened. And for this reason I humbly come to you in search of answers. Long story short, from Feb 28,2018- March 11th, 2018 I received oral sex from multiple women who exchanged sex for money. I am a heterosexual man. My concern is that beginning March 12th I began having body aches, running nose, diarrhea and this was followed by a fever of 100.0.

I feel awful writing this. The worse news is seeing lab results after visiting the ER. I discovered that my lymphocytes are low ad well as having high and low globulin levels. Everything I've read about this is not good. It just feels like I'm wasting away. Obviously testing would not reveal antibodies at this point but nevertheless I tested and received a non reactive result. Can anyone provide me any insight. As much as I pray that it's something else my gut is telling me that hiv has caught up with me. I don't know if the cough I currently have is due to the virus but during this period I was in a very cold air conditioned room and I never turned it off. O would shower and go out in the room and I would often leave the home after showering. Plus the airplane ride home was certainly cold with he air blowing directly on me. The ER tested for bacterial urinalyses and it was neggative. My lungs are fine so they chalked it up to Gastroenteritis. It's been 5 days now. Doc said I would be fine in a few days. I see no sign of improving. Night sweats. Joint and muscle aches. Knees burning, sore throat. Diarrhea subsided but this thing has a grip on me. I'm almost defenseless . Any insight would he greatly appreciated.

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2018, 01:09:12 am »
You can't get HIV from getting your penis sucked - END OF STORY !

If you post outside your thread again it will lead to a ban and if you post about getting a BJ again it will lead to a ban.

Jim
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.