Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 04:29:11 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772785
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 290
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 225
Total: 227

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Tranny  (Read 29594 times)

Offline kilani45

Tranny
« on: June 01, 2006, 11:25:07 am »

hi ann and everyone .... i am the one who tested neg at 10.5 weeks from an exposure that you  guys said it was unlikely to have caused an infection............ you guys said a 10.5 week neg result is extremely encouraging and will not change ...... however i know you guys dont discuss symptoms however in my part of the world there is no such thing as an std doctor .... so i went to a urologist who gave me a urine analysis and a semen test and a physical exam all were fine ..... is this engoh to eliminate stds or not.... if not then im going to have to travel to niebouring country to do those tests....i willl also do my elisa also iam 29 years old  .... please tell me what you think ... and any words of encouragement before my final elisa....

thank you........... ; >:( :'(

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
Re: very worried
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2006, 11:28:29 am »
Given that you had a low to no risk exposure to begin with, that the average time to seroconversion is 22 days and all but the smallest number of those who are going to seroconvert will do so within 4-6 weeks after an exposure, your negative test result is more than just encouraging. I expect you will continue to test negative.

As for other STDs, have you had any symptoms which suggest you picked up anything? What did your doctor say when you went for the various tests?

It sounds like you're just super anxious and your head is just messing with you.
Andy Velez

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2006, 11:32:39 am »
Kiliani,

You were told repeatedly in your thread in the old forum that your 10.5 week negative is highly unlikely to change.

As for the tests you did with the urologist, without knowing what he specifically tested for we have no way of knowing if you need further testing. You need to ask the doctor who ran the tests.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline kilani45

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2006, 11:43:59 am »
hi andy

first thanks for taking the time to answer my question and i really appreciate it .... the reason i went to see this doctor is that a while ago i had pain in mytesticles  .... he did these tests and said theres no problem but when i looked at the test report they didnt say example chlamidia neg ... it said no bacteria etc.... my question will stds show from these tests the doctor said yes ...but iwant your opinion on this.... i still have pain in my neck and undermy armpit .... also when i went to pick up my 10.5 neg elisa the doctor at the lab asked when my last exposure was and i explained everything in detail .. he said it could be psychological or something else very unlikely to be hiv...........please i live ina very conserrvative society and sex here is very much frowned upon .... thats why i might travel next door to these tests .... if i need to .... beleive me andy a person who is diagnosed with hiv in this place would be lucky to be left alone let alone keep their job or even live normaly....

thanks

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2006, 11:47:35 am »
Kiliani,

The doctor knows what tests he ran on you, we don't. We cannot give you an opinion when we don't have the facts. If I were you, I'd believe your doctor.

And stop worrying about hiv. Your 10.5 week test isn't going to change.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline kilani45

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2006, 09:40:49 am »
hello Ann and everyone,

i still have a week to go to take my final test i am trying to focus and keep busy stay positive...... and i learned alot from you and from this experience the window period is hell on earth each day is slower than the next ... if it wasnt for your forums only god knows what i would of done .. i had no hope b4 .... with the neg 10 week result i am breathing a sigh of relief ........... i am starting to take my rottweilers for walks i never seen them during the first month and half ......... anyways my question is it true that the younger the person the faster that person will seroconvert assuming that they are not iv drug users and are not on any kind of therapy.................. :-*

thanks kilani

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2006, 09:45:33 am »
anyways my question is it true that the younger the person the faster that person will seroconvert assuming that they are not iv drug users and are not on any kind of therapy

Kiliani,

I have never seen a study that would prove or disprove the theory on young age making a person seroconvert quicker. I do know, however, that the vast majority of people of ANY age will seroconvert and test positive by six weeks.

Let us know when you get your confirmatory negative result.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline Morgan

• You did WHAT??
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2006, 09:55:16 am »
Kiliani,

You have a better chance of winning the lottery then seeing your 10.5 week negative status change.  Seriously.  So relax.

Morgan
Morgan Landers

Offline kilani45

« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2006, 10:27:14 am »
thanks morgan

i think that my symptoms are in my head although sometimes paranoia hits me so hard and overwhelms me ......i have no where to release that pressure but on your forum...... assuming my partner was infact infected .. how likely is 3seconds of penetration would cause an infection.. i also dont think i went in all the way maybe a couple of centimetres.... thanks

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2006, 10:43:19 am »
thanks morgan

i think that my symptoms are in my head although sometimes paranoia hits me so hard and overwhelms me ......i have no where to release that pressure but on your forum...... assuming my partner was infact infected .. how likely is 3seconds of penetration would cause an infection.. i also dont think i went in all the way maybe a couple of centimetres.... thanks

Honey,

If you're feeling paranoid (technically an unrealistic fear of persecution, but whatever) then you need to seek help far more comprehensive than what we can give you here. I mean take a look at your last question, "3 seconds of penetration" and "2 centimetres" -- really? If you have the details down that concisely then I wonder why you need us?

Seek the services of a mental health professional.

MtD

Offline kilani45

« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2006, 11:08:58 am »
matty

i was expecting some kind of risk assesment ...... i am just a guy concerned about his health and his families health ... i thought you guys were here to help .... your colleagues  ann, andy, morgan were and still are extremely helpful why cant you be like them .... i think you should learn from them l ......

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2006, 11:13:11 am »
Kilani, you just seem to continue listening to scary stuff your mind is coming up with and sifting everything through an HIV jitters mentaility. As long as you continue to indulge in that behavior it doesn't seem to make any difference what we tell you.

After a negative at 10.5 weeks, you're all but guaranteed to continue to test negative.

Any questions about symptoms and other test information should be directed to your doctor.

You need to make a serious effort to re-focus your attention on staying productively busy during the rest of your waiting time.
Andy Velez

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2006, 11:25:05 am »
matty

i was expecting some kind of risk assesment ...... i am just a guy concerned about his health and his families health ... i thought you guys were here to help .... your colleagues  ann, andy, morgan were and still are extremely helpful why cant you be like them .... i think you should learn from them l ......

I'll never be as nice as Andy, Ann and the other one but that's part of my charm babe. I guess I'm just a mean old misanthrope. Nevertheless, I have to say that if you really are so concerned about your health and that of your family, you'd follow Andy's advice and take this up with your doctor.

Kisses,

MtD

Offline kilani45

« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2006, 04:42:09 pm »
hi guys

i know that i should be relaxed and i shouldnt worry because the odds are in my favour .... but please where i live it is not a possibilty to just find a doctor and tell them about your hiv fear or test or whatever the coomunity i live in is so small to even find a shrink to help you through the bad times ...... the 10.5 week and the 8 week test were done in a different place .... i traveled 1100 kms ...... to do them so please .... take it easy on me ... and also everything you tell me is highly appreciated ...... :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\  i keep asking the same question because you tell me that i have to confirm at the 13week mark and i already made an apponitment for next week and i hope you and are correct ..... and i hope my fears are just unfounded .. i realy do ..

thank you and take it easy .............

Offline kilani45

« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2006, 10:10:36 am »
hi everyone,

i just spoke to my doctor and told him about my recent tests ... his conclusion was that he sees no reason to think that my symptoms are hiv related .... he thinks that the pain under my armpit is most probaly from the severe infection that i had weeks ago and that the glands take time to go back to their normal size and said that it is normal...... i also told him that those are the only symptoms that i have... is this a good assesment by this doctor?

thank you

Offline Morgan

• You did WHAT??
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2006, 10:22:28 am »
Kilani,

At this point, yes.  It certainly isn't indicative of hiv infection,

Morgan
« Last Edit: June 09, 2006, 10:24:37 am by Morgan »
Morgan Landers

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2006, 10:28:25 am »
You have a relatively short time to get through until your final test. Of course that time may seem huge to you. It can go far more quickly than you may imagine at this moment if you get serious about staying productively busy instead of fretting and frankly, feeling sorry for yourself.

Stay busy including physically with some exercise (even just walking daily) and you will be amazed at the difference, no kidding.

There is a whole world going on outside of your head, so look around and enjoy it.

Ultimately it's clear we all expect you to come out of this ok.

Cheers,
Andy Velez

Offline kilani45

« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2006, 10:32:22 am »
thanks everybody ........ the world cup kicks off today so i will get my mind to focus on  the football  ;) than hiv

take care.........

Offline kilani45

« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2006, 09:58:26 pm »
lately i have been suicidal and i know its stupid to think like that ..............i just cant imagine that i threw away my life so easily ..... i will do my best to stay busy and productive ................... thanks

Offline DingoBoi

• Bailey's Infected Cream™ Served since 2004
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2006, 10:02:46 pm »
if you are feeling suicidal, you should immediately go to your local emergency room and tell them what you are feeling.

Offline kilani45

« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2006, 04:02:22 pm »
hi Ann and everyone,

first thanks for your previous insights ... i have been to the local Dr and informed him that i still have abit of pain under my armpit and in my chin.... and i also informed him that i had this pain on and off since week 7 ..... i tried to let go of this but its not working what could this pain be ....can it be hiv2 .... i didnt ask at the clinics where i did the tests if they checked for all strains .....the dr had very vague information about hiv i mean i know alot more than he does ........... i also read that anal carries a big risk ..... going back to the exposure i really dont think that i pnetrated i was pushin trying to go in i pulled out as soon as i heard a pop..ok i was drunk but i drove home etc..... it must of been a second or so... i am willing to pay the price for what i did and take it on the chin but i need to know what i am up against .... i mean can it be nothing at the end .... you and the drs say one thing and my body tells me something else............................

cheers .............

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2006, 04:14:54 pm »
kilani,

You know we can't diagnose you over the internet.

I would suggest you go first thing next week and get your conclusive result. It's not going to change from your last test result, but it would seem that it is the only thing that will put your mind to rest.

I'm fully, totally expecting you to collect another negative result.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline kilani45

« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2006, 04:27:18 pm »
so from what i understand from you that the symptoms i have are not hiv related ...... thank you Ann

Offline kilani45

« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2006, 10:01:44 am »
hi Ann and everone..

i thank you so much for your previous posts they have really kept me sane during the last 4 months ...your posts stopped me from doing stupid things to myself ... i only have you guys to thank because there is so much conflicting information out there..... i decided not to do the final elisa in this country because there is a slight chance of partial quarantine .... i am just going to travel next door have some fresh air and do it rhere .. i still have needle pain under my armpit and in my jaw thats been there since week 6 no fever ..... thats the only keeping from doing the test here ... my question has there ever been anyone on this forum who had similar symptoms to mine and ultimatly tested negative are my symptoms in any way indictive of hiv infection .... would you take the chance and test here ... i benefited and learned so much from everyon of and i really wish you all the best ........... 

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2006, 10:37:28 am »
There are no symptoms that are indicative of HIV.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #25 on: June 29, 2006, 04:19:35 am »
Kilani,

You've been reading these forums long enough now to know full well that we see people with symptoms all the time who turn out to be conclusively negative.

I've yet to see an insertive partner test positive after a condom break and I doubt you will be the first.

Just go get that test done asap so you can collect your conclusive negative and put this episode behind you.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline kilani45

« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2006, 11:48:55 pm »
hi Ann

thank you very much for being so helpful........... i today went to the clinic that gave me the 10.5 negative test and absulotely reassured me that he used a 4th generation elisa ...he said that it is the latest test available today and that he saw that it was conclusive ... what do you think ... please tell me what you think ... i am going on holiday this week and i really want to enjoy it ...... thank you  :-* :-* :-* :-*

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2006, 06:15:11 am »
Kiliani,

You've already been told your test result wasn't going to change. That's even more certain with a 4th generation test.

Go enjoy your holiday. You do not have hiv.

Make sure you take a supply of condoms with you, and make sure you use them correctly so they don't break on you. Refresh your condom knowledge by reading through those links in my signature line.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline kilani45

« Reply #28 on: July 22, 2006, 10:34:47 pm »
 ;) ;) ;) ;)dear ann ,

thank you so much for your help .. you made me go through the last months with out doing something stupid to my self .. i am going to take another elisa just to kill any doubts in my mind ... i wish everyone a healthy and long  productive life ........

Ann you are an angel and you deserve to go to heaven for helping so many others like me... thanks ill let you know the results of my final test.... :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

Offline kilani45

« Reply #29 on: August 11, 2006, 08:15:10 am »
hi everybody,

i went to the clinic a week ago before i went off for holiday and i tested for hiv and many other things .. anyways i left my number and i told them  call only if theres good news .... and its been 3days and still no word i am really worried and its destroying my hliday ..... jkintal2 what do you think .... should i wait or go home or what ...

please help i am freaking .....

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #30 on: August 11, 2006, 08:35:45 am »
The clinic will call you if you are positive to return to the clinic.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #31 on: August 11, 2006, 09:08:35 am »
kiliani,

Read this thread from top to bottom again. None of the things we said will change. Your 10.5 week negative result is not going to change. You do not have hiv.

Forget about hiv and enjoy your holiday. If you have intercourse with anyone, use a condom and you'll be fine. Refresh your knowledge of condom use by reading the links in my signature line.

You are hiv negative.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline kilani45

« Reply #32 on: September 18, 2006, 08:23:08 pm »
hi Ann and everyone,

i promised myself that i will get off the computer and get on with my life but i just found out that my wife is pregnant at 6weeks .. the clinic asked her to have blood test including hiv as it is part of their routine .. she will take the test tomorrow if the result is negative... will that be more reassurance as i am her only sexual partner... i am just worried because i have been feeling very dizzy and a sore throat for days now....are these symptoms typical for hiv...

thank you i am doing my best to get on with my life ...

Offline kilani45

« Reply #33 on: September 19, 2006, 08:03:28 am »
hi everybody,,,

went to the clinic today for my wife's tests for hepatits and hiv ... after 4 agonising hours she got a negative result i feel a sense of relief.......... i wonder what you guys think... any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.....

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #34 on: September 19, 2006, 08:33:16 am »
kili,

What's there to think? You and your wife are both hiv negative. No big surprise or mystery there.

It't time you moved on with your life.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline kilani45

« Reply #35 on: September 19, 2006, 10:24:35 am »
cheers Ann ...... its just its our first baby and i am looking forward to being a father and its a great feeling thats why i have been feeling anxious .... thanks for your support ........ i promise to stay off the net untill i have a rational question to ask or if there's something i need to learn about.........

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #36 on: September 19, 2006, 10:49:31 am »
Kili,

Having your first baby can be an anxious time - that's natural. However, now that you have ruled hiv out of the picture, there's other things you should be worrying about - like what colour to paint the nursery and what you're going to name the little blighter.

I don't expect to see you back here so... good luck with the baby and don't forget, this is supposed to be a happy time in your life, not one overshadowed by worries over something you don't have.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline kilani45

« Reply #37 on: November 01, 2006, 12:47:23 pm »
hello Ann, Andy and everyone here....

i have been seeing a councelour and she advised me that the only thing thats permantly going to end this fear is to get a final test ... so i did yesterday at exactly 8 months after exposure ...... i will receive the result in a few hours time ... i need just need one final support or push just to get through the next few hours.. you can not imagine how much of a difference it will make for me ....   

thank you and god bless........
kilani

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #38 on: November 01, 2006, 01:24:29 pm »
I sure hope you will be willing to get on with your life when you collect the inevitable negative test result.

Life presents challenges enough without you spending one second more on this unwarranted concern.

Cheers,
Andy Velez

Offline kilani45

« Reply #39 on: November 04, 2006, 04:04:00 pm »
Ann Andy and everyone else on aidsmeds...

you guys were right all along i just got a negative hiv 1-2 at 8 months after exposure. it made me feel how easily the mind can pull tricks on someone .... i feel so much better thanks to all your patience and kind words..... you are all in my prayers good luck and i hope everyone here a healthy productive and long life .....

kilani

Offline kilani45

« Reply #40 on: December 06, 2006, 03:48:02 pm »
hi Ann, Andy...

Thanks for your support i have excepted my 8 month hiv1/2 test as conclusive atleast thats what i have convincing myself to do .... today i have a rash under my armpit that keeps itching when i looked at it it was red and i just feel uncompftorble in that area on both my armpits .... i also feel very thirsty all day .....
i also took hepatytis and a blood picture ... and everything was fine the blood picture was good hemoglobin and everything was fine ... do i need to go for syphilis or other things .... i have been off the internet and i have been spending all my time at the office trying to make up the 8 months i spent worrying ................plz advise me on my next step ... 

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #41 on: December 06, 2006, 03:51:53 pm »
Seek the help of a mental health professional to find the reason to why you have put yourself through this for no reason.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #42 on: December 07, 2006, 08:38:11 am »
Kili,

People get rashes. People who are hiv negative get rashes. Not every rash or other ailment has anything to do with hiv. In fact, most don't.

Your next step? Go to your doctor and show him your rash. Also ask your doctor for a referal to a counselor so you can get to the bottom of why you equate every little twinge in your body with hiv, when it couldn't possibly be, seeing as how you are conclusively hiv negative.

You also need to stop coming here everytime your body feels, looks or acts funny. Go to your doctor instead. We cannot diagnose you over the internet, as you have been repeatedly told. There's nothing more we can do for you here.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline kilani45

« Reply #43 on: December 16, 2006, 04:40:22 pm »
Hi Ann Andy Rapid rod and everyone'

i took your advice and went to the doctor and showed him the rash .. he said it was probaly the deodrant or something of that sort he said it was nothing to worry about .. however i told him about my constant diziness and imbalance .. he transfered me to an ENT doctor who examined me and informed me that i need surgery to remove tissue that is blocking my my nasal air passage .. he informed me that this passage is blocking the sufficient oxygen from reaching the lungs therefore not enough oxygen reaches the brain which causes diziness and all sorts of problems..my question he booked me for surgery on wednesday and asked me to come on tuesday for a blood test and when i asked what tests the nurse told me for hiv and hepatyits..
1 why does he test me for hiv...
2 i heard on of the nurses say that the rapid test is not reliable and that the only reliable test is antibodies that takes 2days...is this true

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #44 on: December 16, 2006, 04:44:11 pm »
The rapid test is reliable if taken at the correct time. The nurse was incorrect.

Offline Coffeechick88

« Reply #45 on: December 16, 2006, 05:42:27 pm »
1.  he probably did HIV and hepatitis testing because you are having surgery.  Some of the doctors in my area do that.
2.  The rapid test is a valid test.  The nurse was incorrect.  In the event of a positive result on a rapid test, it is still recommended to confirm with standard serology tests, but you take the test in the proper time, it is very reliable.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2006, 05:44:37 pm by Coffeechick88 »
Lucas James is here
Born 6-14-08 at 1233 am
8 lbs 14 oz, 22 in long

Offline kilani45

« Reply #46 on: December 20, 2006, 12:25:16 pm »
hi ann and all....

i am not gonna bore you with the same questions over and over again... i realise i have a problem and i think its ocd or something of that nature and i want to do something about it ...

1 does counselingHELP
2 do you know people that got counceling and became better

i just cant shake this off .. i am supposed to be happy because my wife is about to have our first child soon .. and my feelings and mood has suffered greatly .. i have also lost so much money on testing abroad because i cant do it here at home because they lock up people with hiv.. so idid alot of traveling with all the expenses tickets hotels and spending money all that effected my financil situation..

again do you think counselling can help me 100% ... please anyone here that has/had the same problem can you give me any advice tips whatever anything ... Ann anyone????? :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #47 on: December 20, 2006, 01:23:50 pm »
Kili,

Yes, counseling can work - if you are serious about working on yourself and put the time and effort in. It's also important to find a therapist you feel comfortable with.

And yes, I know plenty of people who have benefitted from counseling/therapy, myself included.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline kilani45

« Reply #48 on: December 27, 2006, 06:45:31 pm »
i just have one question

my latest test test said hiv 1-2  NEG ABS.. how do i know that my test was done using the new technology not the old ones that were used during the 80s.... thanks merry christmas and happy new year

kilani
 ??? ???

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #49 on: December 27, 2006, 06:56:38 pm »
Because you tested for 1 and 2. The first test couldn't test for 2.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.