Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 07:52:36 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773197
  • Total Topics: 66336
  • Online Today: 554
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 526
Total: 526

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Just graduated. Stupid way of celebrating.  (Read 6467 times)

Offline 22andahalf

Just graduated. Stupid way of celebrating.
« on: July 28, 2011, 09:19:00 am »
Hi everyone,

I'm a 22 year old male who just graduated Univeristy. Long story short, we went out to party 2 nights ago and brought back some prostitutes. Here's what happened:

There was no kissing involved. Foreplay included me sucking on her nipples, and her doing the same. I fingered her as well where she got very wet.  As far as I could tell there were no cuts or open wounds on any of my fingers. I received protected oral from her and we had protected vaginal sex twice. The first time I pulled out and came in the condom. The second time, I did not cum and removed the condom. In both instances, the condom did not break. I'm hoping it's okay if I ask you guys a few questions (I know some are irrational, but bear with me please).

1. If I wanted to get an HIV test done for psychological ease, would a test at the 4-6 week mark be definitive?

2. If there was indeed a cut on my finger, which I'm pretty sure there wasn't, would I be at risk when I fingered her and she got vaginal fluid on my fingers?

3. How long does HIV live outside the body? When we were done, I may have touched the head of my penis with my fingers while removing the condom. If I had vaginal fluid on my fingers, would I be at risk?

4. Would you guys recommend an HIV test?

Thanks,

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
Re: Just graduated. Stupid way of celebrating.
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2011, 09:43:28 am »
1. You don't need to test because you were not at risk in anything you are reporting. The only confirmed risks for the sexual transmission of HIV are unprotected vaginal and anal intercourse. As long as you consistently use condoms you will be well protected. It really is that simple.

In instances of real risk, testing should be at 3 months after. A negative at 6 weeks means it is likely you'd continue to test negative. But again, you weren't at risk.

2. HIV is a fragile virus. It is not transmitted from vaginal fluids on the finger or indeed on other environmental surfaces.

3. Because it is a very fragile virus, once it is outside the body it almost immediately becomes non-viable due to various changes that take place. So getting her fluids on the head of your penis absolutely would not be a risk.

4. No, I don't think you need to get tested.

Keep using condoms everytime for intercourse and you will be well protected against HIV transmission. We do recommend that anyone who is sexually active ought to at least annually have a full STD panel done. Other STDs are much easier to acquire than HIV.

Congratulations on your graduation. Get on with your life.
Andy Velez

Offline 22andahalf

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2011, 11:55:08 am »
Thanks Andy.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2011, 01:15:08 pm »
OK. You're welcome.
Andy Velez

Offline 22andahalf

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2011, 07:53:04 pm »
Hi again,

I had mostly forgotten about the incident until today when I forgot to mention something. After I was done, I noticed a tiny, tiny cut on my foreskin (I am uncircumcised). Upon further inspection, I squeezed it a little and a tiny bit of puss-like fluid had come out it and a microscopic drop of blood. Maybe it was because I had stretched my foreskin too far back when I put the condom on. The 'cut' healed an hour later. I'm worried if it was there before intercourse. If the cut was indeed there before intercourse, it would be covered by the condom.

Does this change anything? Last question, I promise.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2011, 08:00:05 pm by 22andahalf »

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2011, 09:18:13 pm »
Doesn't change a thing.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2011, 08:27:03 am »
No, that latest bit doesn't change the basic facts of the situation in terms of risk. You were not at risk.

If your sore or whatever it is/was doesn't heal up, you should discuss it with your doctor.

But HIV is not your problem.
Andy Velez

Offline 22andahalf

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2011, 07:24:10 pm »
Thanks Andy and Rod. I don't know why I'm still a little bit worried. I've been under a lot of stress lately, and have been experiencing episodes of anxiety and surfing the internet isn't helping either. I've seen prostitutes a handful of times in my 22 years.. maybe around 6 or 7 of them. I have had protected sex with all of them and have never experienced any breakage or slippage. I have a slight sore throat and a little bit of a stuffy nose. I last tested negative in 2008, and getting tested is scaring the living day lights out of me.

Any advice?
« Last Edit: August 05, 2011, 07:26:32 pm by 22andahalf »

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2011, 08:56:47 pm »
Doubts and fears are not facts. Nothing you have reported suggests that you have been at risk for HIV.

Perhaps your life changes are what are driving your anxiety. If the feelings persist maybe you should talk with a counselor or other professional to get help in sorting things out.

HIV is not the issue and we can't help you with the other in this setting.
Andy Velez

Offline 22andahalf

« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2011, 05:13:02 pm »
Thanks Andy. Just one more question about my little cut. I'm pretty sure the condom would have covered the cut if it indeed was there before or during intercourse. But, l can't be 100% certain (I am 95% sure).

If it wasn't, would I be at risk?

Also, my last unprotected receptive oral encounter was well over a year ago. I only received unprotected oral on 2 occasions. Since then, I have always opted for a condom for oral. If I had contracted any sort of STI, (Herpes, etc..) would I have known by now? I have never had any warts, sores, rashes, discharge etc...

Am I home clear?

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2011, 08:11:42 pm »
The important thing is that the head of your penis was covered during intercourse because it's through the urethra or under the foreskin if not circumcised that the virus is transmitted.

Nothing you are reporting is in anyway suggestive of HIV risk to me.

Unprotected oral is not a risk for HIV no matter what spin of details you put on it. It is one of the most common of sexual activities. In the entire history of the epidemic there has never been a single case of transmission confirmed in that manner. You won't make history by becoming the first.

I expect you to come out of this ok since for you testing is really only for your peace of mind if you decide to do it.
Andy Velez

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2011, 09:08:05 pm »
If I had contracted any sort of STI, (Herpes, etc..) would I have known by now? I have never had any warts, sores, rashes, discharge etc...

Am I home clear?

What kind of fool asks this sort of question on the internet? Gather up your balls and go get a full sexual health care check up if you have any doubts about anything. Don't expect us to diagnose your woes. Nobody can do that over the internet.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Danny47

« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2011, 02:10:03 am »
I understand and almost like the fact that he is so concern, when I was 22 we were in the middle of the AIDS epidemic, were we did not have as many answers as we do today.  the reason why our young are so misinformed is because they are...well mis-informed.

Don't worry about the cut, the sex, the oral and do wait the 6 week to get tested.  not because you were in any sort of danger to being exposed but just because it is a good practice to do so.  Getting an HIV test is just a good practice, it makes you aware that it is a STD and as long as you are active with a high risk group (and prostitutes are) it is just a good practice to do so, whether you use condoms, they break or not.

You will be fine, I think that applying topical tri-biotic will get rid of the small infection and include as a regular practice getting tests done.  also there are a wide array of infectious diseases that we can expose ourselves and visiting your Family Doctor and talking to them regularly about your good and bad habits is always a good thing.

Be well and stay healthy.

Danny

Negative on Feb. 3, 2008, Positive Elyssa Feb. 3, 2009
Feb. 11, 09 cd4 120, VL 267,000
Feb. 17, 09 Prophylaxis SMZ and Azytromicin
March 2, 09 Atripla and prophylaxis
May 09, VL UD, CD4 515
July 09, Lymphoma. Started Chemo every week, 13 weeks
September 09, VL UD, CD4 310
December 09, VL UD, CD4 414
January 10, UC flare, Lymphoma, Colon Cancer
Chemotherapy treatment & Radiation
July 2010, VL UD, CD4 234
August 2010, Cancer Free
Nov 2010, VL UD, CD4 204, Brain CT, Liver, Lungs, Kidney, Colon ans Lymph nodes Cancer Free!

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2011, 03:03:25 am »
Danny47,

■Only those Moderators and members who are authorized to answer questions in the Am I Infected? forum are permitted do so. Unauthorized responses may be deleted without permission of the poster. Repeatedly posting replies of this nature may result in a Time Out or permanent ban, at the discretion of the Moderator Team.

Offline 22andahalf

« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2011, 08:28:28 pm »
What kind of fool asks this sort of question on the internet? Gather up your balls and go get a full sexual health care check up if you have any doubts about anything. Don't expect us to diagnose your woes. Nobody can do that over the internet.

Ann

Hello Ann,

With all due respect, I've read far stupider questions that were asked and answered on this forum. It has nothing to do with "gathering up my balls" to get tested. Where I live, issues like this and sexual health in general are considered taboo. I can't simply walk into a clinic and get tested - it doesn't work that way. Unfair, discriminatory, outdated, ignorant? Sure, but rules are rules.

I greatly appreciate and recognize the fantastic work that you and the fellow moderators do for all the people on this site, including myself. However, I have to admit I found your post to be a little inconsiderate. Straight to the point? Maybe, but inconsiderate nonetheless given that I do not receive the same facilities and care that somebody in the Western world would have.

Anyway, I understand that my situation is not an HIV risk and you don't assess or diagnose STIs on this website.

Thanks.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.