Main Forums > In Memoriam

Lisa Jill Rhodes Nowak 52 RIP

(1/6) > >>

Jerry71:
NOWAK GERMANTON - Lisa Jill Rhodes Nowak, 52, passed away unexpectedly on April 5, 2010 at her residence. Survivors include her children, Michelle Nowak and Michael Nowak, both of Winston-Salem; Brian (Alexis) Nowak of Germanton; brother, Jeffrey Rhodes of Toledo, Ohio; grandchildren, Serenity Nowak, Elijjah Thomas and Amearah Thomas. Private services will be held at a later date. :'(

WillyWump:
Rest in Peace SweetieWeasel.

-Will

Matty the Damned:
Lisa was a woman of enormous generosity. She managed the used medication redistribution scheme and I know there are many here who owe their good health (if not their lives) to her selfless commitment and consideration of others.

Lisa's charity came from the fact that she knew what it was like to have very little. She appreciated that there are people who simply cannot make it without a little bit of help from those who can spare it.

Like others I would chat with Lisa on Skype from time to time. I enjoyed her southern burr (though I know she grew up in Ohio) and her sharp insights. I know that she was the matriarch of her family and it's beating moral heart. I suspect there are more than a few people in North Carolina and other places who are the poorer for her untimely demise.

Our Community is greatly reduced by her death. I lament her passing. I will miss her terribly. I will never forget her.

Vale Lisa.  :'(

MtD

skeebo1969:

I was one of the people Lisa helped.  When I first started meds I was in the process of moving to another city.  I received one bottle via the Ryan White program, and was told to go get help in the city I was moving to.  This gave me 30 days to get the ball rolling, but ADAP dragged and Lisa came to the rescue.  She mailed me 3 bottles to get me through.

I never met Lisa in person, but I have talked to her a few times by phone.  She was always so warm and thoughtful, and had a raspy laugh that made you feel good inside.  She was a much better person than me, a true angel.

I regret,... and it's too late.  Lisa, I am sorry.

If there is a heaven, it was made a better place on April 5, 2010.

RIP

Moffie65:
Lisa,

Girl you beat the AIDS, and you don't have to take those wreched meds anymore.  I wanted to let you know, I will miss you.  I will miss your passion for your family and your pets.  I will miss your passion for the human family, who you served with your heart and soul.  I will miss your crazyness, and your incredible indestructile spirit.  You are with your kind now, and if it is reasonable, check in and let me know how it is with all those Angels. 

See you in a few years, and don't party too much in the mean time.  :)  HUGGS GIRLFRIEND!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version