Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 02:21:44 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772784
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 267
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 218
Total: 218

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Formerly UofMurbs (Introduction)  (Read 13271 times)

Offline MSPspud

• Joined Mar 2005 - Formerly UofMurbs
Formerly UofMurbs (Introduction)
« on: June 02, 2006, 04:17:45 pm »
Ok, after being on here for over a year, I will finally formally introduce myself as well.  

My name is Jason and I am a 31 yo gay male, formerly known as UofMurbs on the old forum.  I was born and raised in Green Bay, WI but currently live in Minneapolis, MN.  I have been positive since 2002 after a stint with crystal meth, which I somehow managed to use in graduate school (MBA) and still pass.  I currently work for a large US bank as a business systems consultant in marketing.  In fact, I just got promoted and will start this new position on Monday, June 5th.  I am rather nervous but excited as I’ll have the opportunity to travel, make better scratch and utilize more of my education.  

On a personal level, I am in a relationship with a negative guy.  We’ve been together for over a year now and share a townhouse in south Minneapolis (where all the gays seem to live).  We have a couple of cats, a Siamese and an overly affectionate orange tabby.  Hopefully in the next couple of years we’ll have enough to move to a bigger place in downtown where we can finally ditch our cars !!

For my list of interests, I am fairly political and am incredibly proud to be from Minnesota which is one of the most Democratic states in the US.  I have a sticker on my Honda Civic, which says, “Proud to be from a Blue State”.  I volunteer for our local AIDS organizations by delivering meals monthly, manning booths at various events and by raising A LOT of $ for the MN Aidswalk.  Most importantly, I make sure to vote in each and every election, no matter the size as I realize local politics do more to effect our daily lives than the national scene.  

For much of my life I have been outgoing as I was the first person to come out in my semi-rural high school at the age of 15.  In the early 90’s this was not an easy task but if I had to do it all over again I wouldn’t change a thing.  Today I am a little less out there as I enjoy to watch a lot of movies, play computer games and enjoy being a sarcastic ass to friends and family.  In the end, I just want to say I’ve had balance… nothing too exciting but a fulfilling life all the same.      

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: September 22, 2006, 09:20:28 am by MSPspud »

Offline newt

• the one and original newt
Re: Formerly UofMurbs (Introduction)
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2006, 11:15:20 pm »
Greetings

I guess you hire to drive south  then, to avoid being shot :)

Good to know more about you, maybe, next time I am illegally in the US of A we can share one of your pissy-weak beers n get to know each other more (beer aside, it's not important, no-one voted in Iraq cos of Buds).

The newt (matt)

(Now playing - Hugh Masekela : No Woman, No Cry  "Ev'rything's gonna be alrigh'"
"The object is to be a well patient, not a good patient"

Offline RAB

• Joined March 2003
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2006, 09:04:22 am »
Hi Jason

Thanks for the intro buddy!  It seems like we've got a wave of introductions going on.  There's a lot a person never knows about other members here, unless they do what you and other have done with these intros!  I love it!

RAB
(Who thought Jason was a state trooper or something, didn't know he worked for a  bank.)

Offline Lisa

• Formerly known as sweetieweasel/Joined Nov. 2004
    • http://www.myspace.com/lisanowak58
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2006, 01:20:49 pm »
.......but you do look like you could be a state trooper. I can just see you sidling up to the drivers window with those mirror shades on sayin' "You're in a heap of trouble boy!" ;D

What a lovely intro. You have a beautiful city.
No Fear  No Shame  No Stigma
Happiness is not getting what you want, but wanting what you have.

Offline MSPspud

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2006, 11:56:05 pm »
I am always up for a pissy weak beer.  If anyone of you fly through here, let me know and make it a Miller Lite!!!

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: September 22, 2006, 09:23:41 am by MSPspud »

Offline MSPspud

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2006, 02:49:04 am »
(the pics above)  a little less like a state trooper ?   :P

Offline Catman

• Blessed with more than 9 lives! + since 1986
    • Who is the Catman?
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2006, 05:42:41 pm »
Hi Spud;
           I've read your intro quite a few times and really enjoy looking at the pictures. Nice skyline of the city! Post a picture of your cats sometime...I'd really like to see them. Take care.
Catman

Meow to the birds
Meow to the tree's
Meow to the end
of this dreadful disease...

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2006, 06:25:16 pm »
Damn these brain cells..I'm losing too many too quickly..it wasn't until I looked at the black and white photo that I realized who you were..I didn't recognize you from your latest avatar...thanks for the re-introduction.

Hugs
Jan :-*

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2006, 06:37:35 pm »
Nope, you still look like a trooper to me. Actually you look like a cop that pulled me over once. He was a sweetie and helped me to beat the case for the tickets. Not all cops are assholes....We have some that are in these parts.
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

Offline Longislander

« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2006, 10:44:01 pm »
Hey Jason, you are CUTE! Couldn't tell so much from the pic that was on your avatar!
infected 10/05 diagnosed 12-05
2/06   379/57000                    6/07 372/30500 25%   4/09 640/U/32% 
5/06   ?? /37000                     8/07 491/55000/24%    9/09 913/U/39%
8/06   349/9500 25%              11/07 515/68000/24     2/10 845/U/38%
9/06   507/16,000 30% !          2/08  516/116k/22%    7/10 906/80/39%
12/06 398/29000 26%             Start Atripla 3/08
3/07   402/80,000 29%            4/08  485/undet!/27
4/07   507/35,000 25%            7/08 625/UD/34%
                                                 11/08 684/U/36%

Offline srmn98

« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2006, 01:06:01 am »
Hey Jason,

Nice to meet you --  we live in the same part of town. :) 

s.

Offline Cliff

« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2006, 02:53:48 am »
Hey Jason,

Thanks for the introduction.  I've always enjoyed your posts and you've always come across as a very level-headed person.  Thanks for posting and see ya around fella.

Clif

Offline MSPspud

« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2006, 10:29:39 am »
Oh boy... this old thing has been drug up  ::)

That's cool though.  Thanks for the responses, everyone.  I am a happy man today w/ the election results in MN but am still pissed that we have a Republican governor.  I guess w/ the legislation being so heavily democrat it's the only balance of power we have.  OK, we also have a weasel senator too, Norm Coleman, elected a Democrat and then switched parties while in office.  His day will come though.  I am also a little upset about Wisconsin defining marriage and enacting the death penalty, but I am considering it reinforcement for why I moved out of there in the first place. 

As for other updates since June...  I haven't really traveled much for work since June b/c of budget cuts and non-essential travel being put on hold.  In the upcoming year things should change as I settle into my new role and take on the training role.  Hopefully I'll get to meet some of you for a dinner or lunch!  Most of my travel on a personal or business note is west of the Mississippi.  Look out, Cliff and Rab  :)

Jan, I am glad this post made it to the top of the heap for you to connect the dots!  I've always respected you and can't wait to meet you at an AMG.  I swear I will make it to one soon.

srmn98, I still need to read your intro.  As you know, Mpls is a small town and I bet I can figure out this mystery. 

Longislander, thanks (grin).  I should mention I have a difficult time w/ flattery but it's appreciated.

« Last Edit: November 08, 2006, 11:07:09 am by MSPspud »

Offline david25luvit

• Member since March 2005
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2006, 10:34:16 am »
Well Jason...you're as cute as ever....and Yes I remember you from the old forum.
You're definitely tops in my book (despite being a Yankee)
Thanks for the Official introduction......
Great pictures too......
In Memory of
Raymond David McRae III
Nov. 25, 1972- Oct. 15, 2004
I miss him terribly..........

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2006, 08:13:41 pm »
Hello Jason,

I remember you very well as Uofmurbs on the old forums. I didn't realise you were MSPspud.I must have missed this post somehow back in June...  :P Almost missed this one too...

The Best--------Ray
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

As of Oct 2nd, 2023, Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @676 /  CD4 % @ 18 %
Lymphocytes,absolute-3815 (within range)

72 YEARS YOUNG

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.