Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:21:05 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772946
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 391
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 335
Total: 336

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Who knew that Apple was so uptight....  (Read 7533 times)

Offline red_Dragon888

• Love and Be Love in Return
« Last Edit: December 13, 2012, 03:52:41 pm by red_Dragon888 »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=I3ba3lnFHik

Off Crystal Meth since May 13, 2013.  In recovery with 20 months clean time.

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
Re: Who knew that Apple was so uptight....
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2012, 04:13:14 pm »
Whats the big deal if apple or grindr want to sensor public pictures. 

Maybe it will force some of these guys to use their imagination a little bit more.  The younger ones could use the push.  Isn't it deadening, all the sameness, all the carbon copy "hotness"?  I dunno. Old fogy here.

Last 5 years it seems to me that cruise sites are proof positive that we aren't any more creative, or clever, or light-hearted, or irrelevant or witty or ironic than straights.  I liked to believe otherwise when I was young 25 years ago. 

http://www.douchebagsofgrindr.com/

“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2012, 04:16:07 pm »
The younger ones could use the push. 

I'm sure those "younger ones" think you old men should go find a real hobby. Like shuffleboard.
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2012, 04:25:37 pm »
I'm sure those "younger ones" think you old men should go find a real hobby. Like shuffleboard.

Sure they do!  Fortunately I'm not trolling for twinks :)

I gotta laugh at all my contemporaries on Grindr who are "40", "42" when we all know each other and how old everyone is.  And they're still looking for twinks.  Whatever.  My hung "hot daddy" friends still have waiting lists so I guess everyone gets what they need.  ;D

There is every kind of lurid quadruple x cruise site available so don't think its a big deal if apple, or sites like forums.pz or grindr or facebook, have image restrictions.

“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2012, 04:44:31 pm »
The only interesting thing about that article was this "top".  Mr. "HIV & STD neg as of 2009."  Woohoo!  Cause that's like yesterday, right?

"I have tried hard--but life is difficult, and I am a very useless person. I can hardly be said to have an independent existence. I was just a screw or a cog in the great machine I called life, and when I dropped out of it I found I was of no use anywhere else."

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2012, 04:52:24 pm »
What would Sweet Brown say?

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
"I have tried hard--but life is difficult, and I am a very useless person. I can hardly be said to have an independent existence. I was just a screw or a cog in the great machine I called life, and when I dropped out of it I found I was of no use anywhere else."

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2012, 05:01:17 pm »
Sure they do!  Fortunately I'm not trolling for twinks :)

Who you kidding Mary?

Offline GSOgymrat

• HIV+ since 1993. Relentlessly gay.
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2012, 05:53:19 pm »
Apple is well known to be a bit prudish but I am surprised they are making such detailed restrictions, including semen clauses and such. The Apple guys must know if they simply banned Grindr there would be a gay exodus to Android. I know guys whose sex lives are dependent on Grindr. BTW, the restrictions say no profanity or curse words but that leaves room to be as verbally explicit as any photo.

Offline Growler

« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2012, 07:38:17 pm »
* No pubic hair can be visible.

Troll!!!

Its a well know fcact that gay men dont have pubic hair!

G
“If loving someone is putting them in a straitjacket and kicking them down a flight of stairs, then yes, I have loved a few people.”

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2012, 08:14:30 pm »
* No pubic hair can be visible.

Troll!!!

Its a well know fcact that gay men dont have pubic hair!

G

How 'bout hot gayboy pussy hair? Is that OK with Apple?

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2012, 09:11:33 pm »
I don't even have an one of these phones or use this app, but fuck them.  Won't get one, either.  I'll just get a droid if I ever choose to get one.  I absolutely detest people expecting you to pay an arm and a leg for the products they shill and then planning to lord over how you use it. 

It's ultimately neither here nor there for me, as I barely even answer the phone and am certainly not the type to walk around poking at one all day like most people seem to do anymore. 

It just irritates me in principle. 

AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline tednlou2

« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2012, 10:28:38 pm »
Glad I have it on my android phone.  These rules are a bit much.  It says no wet shear clothing below the waist.  So, those who've had sex reassignment surgery can show their tits through wet, shear tops?  I suppose all the other rules would apply to cover that. 

You can't say whether you're a top or bottom.  This will surely cause a lot of disappointing hook-ups. 

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2012, 10:35:04 pm »
The thought of Theodore on grindr makes me want to masturbate.

Offline GSOgymrat

« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2012, 10:53:35 pm »
It's ultimately neither here nor there for me, as I barely even answer the phone and am certainly not the type to walk around poking at one all day like most people seem to do anymore. 

I was riding the Metro yesterday and noticed that almost everyone was focused on their phone, had headphones or was using a tablet. I also see more people sitting together in restaurants but focused on their electronic devices, particularly kids. These gadgets are really transforming social environments. I am not sure whether this is good or bad but it is certainly different. I don't use a phone during meals or social situations and I get very annoyed if my partner answers the phone while we are having a meal.

You can't say whether you're a top or bottom.  This will surely cause a lot of disappointing hook-ups. 

"I enjoy spelunking." "My hobbies include removing ceiling paint from underneath my toenails."

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2012, 10:57:32 pm »
Riding the subway has never been a "social environment". Restaurants are a different matter.

Offline tednlou2

« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2012, 11:28:17 pm »
I was riding the Metro yesterday and noticed that almost everyone was focused on their phone, had headphones or was using a tablet. I also see more people sitting together in restaurants but focused on their electronic devices, particularly kids. These gadgets are really transforming social environments. I am not sure whether this is good or bad but it is certainly different. I don't use a phone during meals or social situations and I get very annoyed if my partner answers the phone while we are having a meal.

"I enjoy spelunking." "My hobbies include removing ceiling paint from underneath my toenails."

We've implemented a no phone zone at dinner.  I've been guilty of it, but not often.  We get so frustrated at my friend, who is always on his phone.  He gets and sends more texts than a teen.  Oh, and all the hook-up notifications.  He has this habit of repeating the last thing said, in order to appear like he's listening to the conversation.  I could say, "This woman at work went to the mall and lost her wallet."  He will reply, "You lost you're wallet at the mall?"  We all have told him he seems to care more about complete strangers, than he does his real friends and family.  We look through pics taken on trips or at holidays.  In almost every one, he is in the background with his face in his phone.

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2012, 11:38:28 pm »

Chile, it says that you cannot post whether you're a top or a bottom, but you may still discuss it once you start chatting.

And... as Ford said, the lovely queens who use grndr on a regular basis will start using some "secret code" that reveals their favorite position.  It won't require a whole lotta creativity (i.e.  bottom girls could say "I have some cavities that need to be filled", "my knees are usually carpet burnt", or whatever).

Offline GSOgymrat

« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2012, 01:45:49 am »
We look through pics taken on trips or at holidays.  In almost every one, he is in the background with his face in his phone.

At Thanksgiving one of my sisters said to our 8-year-old nephew as he was leaving "It was nice seeing you again. Maybe next time you can put your iPad down long enough that we can have a conversation and get to know each other." As a child I would have been mortified by such a comment but my nephew seemed unfazed.

Offline intaglio

• Doesn't have to pay for vowels
« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2012, 09:13:51 pm »
"It was nice seeing you again. Maybe next time you can put your iPad down long enough that we can have a conversation and get to know each other."

I can just imagine his post on farcebook that night: "hadda hang wt a buncha old fogies. One a em got in ma faceI jst gnord er LOL" :/

His actions were a fail on the part of his parental unit.  My daughter's text log averages around 3,000 or so a month. She's still required to participate in meat-space when the situation arises.
Reality is frequently inaccurate.

Offline red_Dragon888

« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2012, 04:30:45 pm »
With all their restrictions on grindr it sounds like anti-gay actions by Apple. Besides the iphone breaks easily, cost up to $1000 for something that should cost $50 to  $70 U.S. at best, and is a super status symbol for some people.  Dam, wish I had one....  :(

Offline tednlou2

« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2012, 04:42:35 pm »
I just don't like the IPhone.  First, I like to be different.  Almost every one of my friends has one.  I like my Galaxy S2.  When it is time to upgrade, I'll get the S3 or maybe there will be an S4 by then.  I like my bigger screen.  I am a size queen, when it comes to screens.  Even their bigger screen is too small for me.  I like that I can personalize my home screens with different widgets. 

Offline red_Dragon888

« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2012, 05:12:10 pm »
I just don't like the IPhone.  First, I like to be different.  Almost every one of my friends has one.  I like my Galaxy S2.  When it is time to upgrade, I'll get the S3 or maybe there will be an S4 by then.  I like my bigger screen.  I am a size queen, when it comes to screens.  Even their bigger screen is too small for me.  I like that I can personalize my home screens with different widgets.
Bigger screens are better.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.