HIV Prevention and Testing > Do I Have HIV?

I have a few questions about my sex encounters

(1/1)

collins:
I am a 25 year old heterosexual male and have had encounters with three ladies in the past whom I don't know their sexual history or their status.  I have used condoms every time for vaginal sex, but no condom for oral sex.  Reading this forum has put my mind at ease that I don't need to be tested for HIV because I did use condoms properly. Am I safe to say that? I do have a few questions that hopefully I can have answered.

One of the girls that I had sex with told me that she might bleed if we had intercourse.  I was unsure if there was any blood involved because it was dark.  Would there be any risk? no matter how much blood?

Are all condoms equally as effective in preventing the transmission of hiv?  There's so many different kinds.

I understand that this site focuses on aids and hiv but, I would like to know what are the possibilities of contracting an std or sti when receiving unprotected oral sex?  Anyone have information where I could read more on this and how to identify when to use a condom for oral sex.  Or should I just use a condom from now on when receiving oral sex.

Thank you for having this forum. 

RapidRod:
As long as you used latex condoms for vaginal sex you were protected blood or no blood.

Andy Velez:
Condoms provide very effective protection against HIV transmission. With a condom it doesn't matter if blood is present. You're well protected. 

As far as HIV is concerned you don't need to wear a condom for oral. No guy has ever been confirmed to have become infected in that manner. You aren't going to make history by becoming the first.

Other STDs are another matter and are much easier to acquire than HIV.  If you're sexually active you ought to regularly have a full STD panel done. That means at least annually and more frequently if you have any symptoms like painful discharge when urinating or a sore appears on your penis. As far using a condom for receiving oral, you have to decide about your own comfort zone regarding other STDs. 

There's nothing further for you to worry about in terms of HIV this time.

Cheers.

collins:

--- Quote from: RapidRod on November 16, 2008, 03:27:05 pm ---As long as you used latex condoms for vaginal sex you were protected blood or no blood.

--- End quote ---

i am uncertain if it was latex or non-latex should i be worried? :-\ i know it wasn't a lamb condom

jkinatl2:
over 90 percent of the condoms sold are latex. Polyurethane condoms are also sold, for those with latex allergies. They too are very reliable, though they tend to be more expensive.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version