Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 27, 2024, 01:21:25 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772928
  • Total Topics: 66309
  • Online Today: 152
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 116
Total: 116

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Update I found a place to live!  (Read 6197 times)

Offline Jerry71

• Biktarvy CD4 637 04-17-18
    • Facebook
Update I found a place to live!
« on: September 25, 2006, 03:54:14 pm »
Ok since I know someone reads this from my family I just want to know why everyone thinks it is my fought for getting HIV? I did not choose to live this lifestyle this has just been with me from as long as I can remember. Why is it that some familys can acccept the choose of there children to choose the lifestyle they want to have?

All I ask for is to be happy and live the rest of my life in peace and not have to live a life hidden from others and lie about my health status.

All day today I have been on the phone talking to this person and that person about moving. I just want to get away from all of this. My mother I love her dearly and my farther I love dearly and could not ask for a better sister but there comes a time in ones life that you got to say it is time to move on and live my life the best that I know how. I'm not going to live in a area that can not except the way that I live. I'm gay and the only way to live a gay lifestyle is too move away from here and let me live my life.

I hope that whoever in my family reads this knows that I love them no matter what. I am who I am and nothing or no one is ever going to change my way of living. If you cannot accept my lifestyle then I'm sorry but it is time for me to move on.

Later Jerry

« Last Edit: September 26, 2006, 12:39:41 pm by Jerry71 »

Offline Alain

• I am.
Re: Why is that my folks blame me for getting HIV?
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2006, 04:03:19 pm »
« Last Edit: November 03, 2006, 09:25:51 pm by cowandalehouse »

Offline Moffie65

• Living POZ since 1983
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2006, 04:35:25 pm »
Jerry,

Your family gave you life!

Thank them and move on!

How or why you got HIV is none of their business, none of their responsibility, and none of their concern.  If they cannot love and support you as the Bible instructs them to, then they are the sinners; not you.  Damn, modern Christians are such idiots, and I can say that with a certain amount of authority, as I have explained to you personally, I came from the same pathway you did.  In Jesus' name, my family condemed me, but guess what, they are dead and gone, and God still loves me, the person he created.  Modern Christians are an abomination the the word "Christian" which means "Christ-like".  Gee, he certainly didn't have any problem having dinner with a whore; would they?

Remember, your life didn't come with a living contract or else it would be their responsibility to support you for life.  There isn't, they are not, and you need to move on without any guilt or feelings of anxiety over this senseless BS.  In Jesus' name, please move on..........

In Christs' Love,
The Bible contains 6 admonishments to homosexuals,
and 362 to heterosexuals.
This doesn't mean that God doesn't love heterosexuals,
It's just that they need more supervision.
Lynn Lavne

Offline Lis

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2006, 04:44:12 pm »
Jerry,

you can do this... you can move on.. you can stop feeling their crap!! i believe in you!

lisbeth
poz 1986....

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2006, 09:41:55 pm »
Hi Jerry

I'm with Lis on this one....keep moving, until you find that place you have been searching for all these years nothing will change.

Hugs
Jan :-*
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline Joe K

• Standard
  • 31 Years Poz
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2006, 10:31:54 pm »
Jerry,

I'm sorry this is so difficult, but you have not chosen a lifestyle, rather you are choosing your life.  You did not decide to become gay, yet you are and to want to live with that truth is something that no one can ever take away from you.  Sad to say that if your family cannot accept you for who you are, then they have limited value as being part of your future.

I believe you are doing this in an honorable and caring way and that will go a long way in helping you to move forward, without looking back.  Support is a two-way street and when it becomes one-way, that's the time you hit the road.  Best of luck to you.

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2006, 11:42:05 pm »

Good luck Jerry!
I despise the song Love is in the Air, you should too.

Offline otherplaces

• Mutant Super Hero
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2006, 12:03:47 am »
Jerry,

Of course your family should accept you for who you are...without a doubt.  Moving to a new city can provide a clean slate that one may only get a few chances in their life to run with.  I think it can be beautiful.  I would look forward to what is ahead of you.  :)

I don't know what being gay has to do with you contracting HIV.   

I wish you the best,
brian

Offline LatinAlexander

• Bogota, Colombia
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2006, 12:04:36 am »
Yes. I know what you mean.... But guess what? We are still alive...GO FOR IT!!! TELL THEM YOU LOVE THEM, AND LIVE!!!!

Alex
Poz since Jul 19 2006
Initial numbers : CD4-250 VL 3500
First labs after HAART (Dec 04-2006) : CD4-432 VL-<40 (Undetectable)  cd4%=25.11%
Started HAART: Combivir+Efavirenz Aug 26 7:38 pm
Feb 08 2007 - Gradually stopping HAART cause of Myalgia. Protecting Efavirenz. Stopped Efavirenz, ahead with Combivir....
February 17 Combivir stopped.
April 3 -07 : Started ddi+3tc+efavirenz...
Gay and positive (What a lack of Identity...:) )
Looking for my Ben....

Offline Jerry71

• Facebook
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2006, 12:09:37 am »
Thanks everyone for your replies. This week it is going to be apartment finding week for me. Next week if Im lucky enough it might be moving day. Just a note to say if not for you guys on here my true family and friends I would never have got the balls to do this in the first place. ;D

Thanks again each and everyone of you here on aidsmeds. ;)

Love Ya Jerry :-*
« Last Edit: September 26, 2006, 12:21:26 am by Jerry71 »

Offline Eldon

« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2006, 12:39:51 am »
Hey Jerry,

I wish you the BEST during this time period of change for you. Your familiy should love you "in spite" of the circumstances.

Make the BEST of each Day!

Offline aztecan

• 36 years positive, 64 years a pain in the butt
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2006, 09:40:33 am »
Hey Jerry,

I also love my mother dearly, as I did my father before he died. But, she has a life of her own and she lives it to the fullest.

Why shouldn't I? For that matter, why shouldn't you? You should, but you won't in your  present circumstances.

Go for it.! I will be thinking of you.

HUGS,

Mark
"May your life preach more loudly than your lips."
~ William Ellery Channing (Unitarian Minister)

Offline Jerry71

• Facebook
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2006, 11:23:57 am »
Good News...... I found a place to live in Johnson City TN will get to move in on October 13 2006. Oh well its Friday 13th but it's good luck day for me. I can do the Happy Dance now. 1 bedroom  but it will be my place. Also Ryan White Foundation is going to help out on the rent if I need it.

Offline angels4kelly

• IT JUST IS!!.....OKAY!

THE BEST OF LUCK TO YOU, JERRY ;D

HAPPY DANCE! HAPPY DANCE ;D
PEACE

KELLY

POSITIVE SINCE-10/1990
CD4-610
CD4%-29.3
VL-UNDETECTABLE
VIREAD,VIRACEPT, EPZICOM

MOST RECENT...
10/9/2006
CD4's-714
CD4%-30%
VL-Undetectable
DIAGNOSES POSITIVE 10/90
SAME MEDS, VIREAD, VIRAMUNE, EPZICOM.

SHOOT FOR THE MOON! YOU MAY MISS,
BUT YOU'LL LAND IN THE STARS :)

Knowing others is intelligence;
knowing yourself is true wisdom.
Mastering others is strength;
mastering yourself is true power.

Failure is not in falling down,
but the staying down

Offline LatinAlexander

• Bogota, Colombia
AWESOME!!!!!!!  Plus, who needs a huge place after all? (Believe me, all the home tasks get exponentialy bigger with a bigger place)

HAPPY DANCE!!!!
ALEX
Poz since Jul 19 2006
Initial numbers : CD4-250 VL 3500
First labs after HAART (Dec 04-2006) : CD4-432 VL-<40 (Undetectable)  cd4%=25.11%
Started HAART: Combivir+Efavirenz Aug 26 7:38 pm
Feb 08 2007 - Gradually stopping HAART cause of Myalgia. Protecting Efavirenz. Stopped Efavirenz, ahead with Combivir....
February 17 Combivir stopped.
April 3 -07 : Started ddi+3tc+efavirenz...
Gay and positive (What a lack of Identity...:) )
Looking for my Ben....

Offline Teresa

Re: Update I found a place to live!
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2006, 01:10:10 pm »
Jerry,

Thats GREAT news!! So happy for you!

Hugs
Teresa
Hubby HIV+ 5/5/06
CD4:320
  %: 26.7
 VL: <20
Atripla (started it 8/24/06)

Offline JohnOso

« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2006, 01:24:05 pm »
Good job Jerry! 

I think that space between you and your family will help both your perspectives.

Take care,
John

Offline Longislander

« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2006, 07:13:29 pm »
Congrats! Good job! get packing!
infected 10/05 diagnosed 12-05
2/06   379/57000                    6/07 372/30500 25%   4/09 640/U/32% 
5/06   ?? /37000                     8/07 491/55000/24%    9/09 913/U/39%
8/06   349/9500 25%              11/07 515/68000/24     2/10 845/U/38%
9/06   507/16,000 30% !          2/08  516/116k/22%    7/10 906/80/39%
12/06 398/29000 26%             Start Atripla 3/08
3/07   402/80,000 29%            4/08  485/undet!/27
4/07   507/35,000 25%            7/08 625/UD/34%
                                                 11/08 684/U/36%

Offline Eldon

« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2006, 07:22:44 pm »
Jerry,

Congrats!

Make the BEST of each Day!

Offline Jody

« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2006, 07:30:03 pm »
The very best of luck to you Jerry in your new pad...Go in with your right foot forward...Here's to much happiness and joy to you.

Jody  :D
"Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world".
 "Try to discover that you are the song that the morning brings."

Grateful Dead

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2006, 08:49:31 pm »
Glad to hear things are moving forward..now you are about to start living...well done Jerry.

Hugs
Jan :-*
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline Jerry71

• Facebook
« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2006, 12:14:50 am »
Thanks again everyone it just feels good to know that soon I will be on my own and away from this mess around here and getting on with my new life. Just got to have happy thoghts from now on out. ;)

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.