Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 03:40:19 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37651
  • Latest: Toropi_
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773286
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 391
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 384
Total: 385

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: What's this Healthcare problem everyones talking about?...  (Read 1984 times)

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
What's this Healthcare problem everyones talking about?...
« on: August 11, 2009, 10:23:36 pm »
Thousands line up for free dental, medical care...

http://www.dailybreeze.com/news/ci_13038443

Ray
« Last Edit: August 11, 2009, 10:27:29 pm by J.R.E. »
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

UPDATED: As of April, 2nd 2024,Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @593 /  CD4 % @ 18 %

Lymphocytes,total-3305 (within range)

cd4/cd8 ratio -0.31

cd8 %-57

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline skeebo1969

Re: What's this Healthcare problem everyones talking about?...
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2009, 12:07:48 am »

I saw a story about this on tonight's news.  It looked like one of those close out sales the local Circuit City had a few months back.
I despise the song Love is in the Air, you should too.

Offline Merlin

• As My WILL, So MOTE It Be !
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2009, 06:17:00 am »
Very inspiring what RAM is doing. Hope the Healthcare Reform will plug the gaps eventually.

Love this quote best in the article;

" It saddens me because we're one of the richest countries in the world," Wilkins said. "We'll start wars at the flip of a hat, but we can't take care of our own. :-\
« Last Edit: August 12, 2009, 06:19:10 am by Merlin »
I'll leave Hatred to those not strong enough to Love.

+++

Believe & The Power Of The Mind Transforms.
Make It Happen...

+++

I blame them for nothing.
I forgive them for everything.

---->> Mary J. Blige on dysfuctional parents

Offline randym431

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2009, 07:01:13 am »
Notice most, if not all, were minorities or low income.
The VERY PEOPLE that work, but their company either will not offer healthcare,
offers it but it is way too costly for that worker making $8 - $10 an hour (with a family),
or... or these people have pre-conditions that NO insurance co will accept.

All matters that healthcare reform will address.

The current option to healthcare as is, would be more and more doctor traveling shows,
where you would wait in line for hours to hopefully (hopefully) see a doctor.
This is what is coming to a town near you, if reform fails.
Hardly an acceptable option.

Watching these town meetings (off topic here), what I see happening are people
who get their news from Fox news, Rush Limbaugh or Sarah Palin. Then believing their crap and lies, followed by attending town meetings with totally off the wall insane misinformation.
How can you deal, converse with stupidity?
Truly a sad sad situation.

And now I realize how presidents, like GW Bush, get elected.
I don’t know if America has the best healthcare in the world, but
I’m starting to believe we have the most ignorant voting citizens.
Getting their news from Rush (who feeds off their ignorance),
and spam emails. You know.. their bible.
Diag Sept 2005 VL 1mill, CD4 85, 3%, weight 143# (195# was normal)
Feb 2021, undetectable, weight 215#

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2009, 07:29:26 am »
Rachel Maddow has been doing good shows on Health care reform and the town meetings, etc. (The funded opposition is called "astroturf"). Highly recommended.  Of course she's brilliant, Rhodes Scholar and all. 

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26315908/

The less smart but so plucky Arianna Huffington editorialised the coming mediocre "reform"
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/arianna-huffington/is-health-care-reform-abo_b_256127.html

I wish more conservatives would revolt at their selfcenteredness and turn into community loving citizens, such as Arianna did, one of her best acts so far!

How on earth can people actually DEMONSTRATE against conversations about healh care reform. How can they wish this current system on anyone, let alone their fellow citizens in, as everyon agrees, "one of the richest countries in the world".

The mind boggles.

“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline Florida69

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2009, 10:43:47 am »
what I find disturbing about all of this is the need to go nuts in demonstrating.  I have seen a couple of the demonstrations on the news, from what I can see the folks carrying on are already on government supplied health care, such as medicaid/medicare.  I have already written my Governor, my representative and my senators on how important this issue is to our country, if you are for health care you should do the same.   I have also included in my letter about how much medications continue to run really expensive in this country.  Lobbyist continue to help push back patents and trademarks so that generic drugs are not available here, however they are available in other countries.  Unfortunately, it appears that the good ole boys of the Bush era are a live and well and living in your town.   It is not going to change what already exists, but it will help to keep the private insurance companies honest (which we all know they are not) and give them a more competitive market.  An example of this would be like what UPS and FedEx did to the US postal service.  At this point private insurance companies own the market on health care and continue to raise the premiums exponentially, and the cost of life saving medications in America is astronomical.  I am attaching a couple of links so that you can contact your representative.  Let your voice be heard, and stand up for better health care in this country.  D

For the Senators:  http://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm

For the House of Representatives:  https://writerep.house.gov/writerep/welcome.shtml
Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.