Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 01:45:07 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772784
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 267
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 221
Total: 222

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Meeting in Amsterdam last weekend of September  (Read 33546 times)

Offline frenchpat

• Love your friends, don't eat them.
Re: Meeting in Amsterdam last weekend of September
« Reply #50 on: July 16, 2006, 12:36:45 pm »
Now that I've had the promessed plush crimson shagpile carpet rolled out (thank you Siang ;)), I feel I have to do everything I can to meet you all at the end of september.
Work is the big stumbling block as I work weekends sometimes,  but I am going to try and charm the woman at bookings - she's got a very short fuse and always says no first but I have a few secret weapons...

If I only made it on the saturday would that still be good enough to meet with the gang?

Pat
People have the power - Patti Smith

Offline Robert

« Reply #51 on: July 16, 2006, 12:53:43 pm »
jeeeezzzzzz  Louissseeeee...

Boy everyday this just keeps getting better and better.

Maybe I should cash in my 401K.  The hell with the penalty.

Offline water duck

« Reply #52 on: July 16, 2006, 12:53:55 pm »
Oh gosh !! the bitchy side of me say, no, just one day is not enough (all these road for that few hours !!)
BUT then the chinese side say, well, one day is better than nothing  8) 8)

Tell you what, mon Cher Pat, i got something in black, very soft and it is 22cm,  ;) , that you can give to  the charming woman at bookings, she will properly give you the whole week off  ;D ;D ;D

See you in Amsterdam , in September.

Siang

Offline water duck

« Reply #53 on: July 16, 2006, 12:55:48 pm »
now now Robert don't get too 'WET'  :D :D

Siang

Offline frenchpat

« Reply #54 on: July 16, 2006, 01:14:51 pm »
Oh gosh !! the bitchy side of me say, no, just one day is not enough (all these road for that few hours !!)
BUT then the chinese side say, well, one day is better than nothing  8) 8)

Tell you what, mon Cher Pat, i got something in black, very soft and it is 22cm,  ;) , that you can give to  the charming woman at bookings, she will properly give you the whole week off  ;D ;D ;D

See you in Amsterdam , in September.

Siang

Thank you for your concern Siang, but I will safely fly easyjet so I'll be fine.

As for the witch in bookings, I am not sure she's the size queen type... but I may be wrong ;D

Pat

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #55 on: July 16, 2006, 02:35:22 pm »
Hi Gang,

With much regret, I have to report that I will not be able to go to Amsterdam in September. Money's tight, not just for me but for my partner also. It doesn't look like we'll get a holiday at all this year, but c'est la vie.  :-[ We just had a long talk about it today and no can do. Sorry.

I get to one of these Gatherings one day... I hope!

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline water duck

« Reply #56 on: July 16, 2006, 02:41:45 pm »
OH such a waste, Ann, i was warming up to the idea of finally being able to meet you in person  :( :(

Well next time. We will make it even bigger and better  :D :D so as to attract you to make a bigger effort  ;D

Siang

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #57 on: July 16, 2006, 03:30:05 pm »
Siang,

If making a bigger effort made a difference, I'd been five times around the world by now. I can only make the beans I get go so far... and my partner had an unexpected major expense come up recently.

Maybe I can rob a bank for next year. :D Or maybe win the lottery?

Fingers crossed.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline blondbeauty

« Reply #58 on: July 16, 2006, 04:09:13 pm »
Play th lottery Ann. Imagine you win it!
I will wait till the 14th of august to see if I finally start meds by then. Depending on how I feel with the meds and if the Dr. wants to see me in september... If everything goes right I will be there.
The only member in these forums approved by WINBA: World International Nail and Beauty Association.
Epstein Barr +; CMV +; Toxoplasmosis +; HIV-1 +.
Counts when starting treatment:
V.L.:80.200 copies. CD4: 25%=503
Started Sustiva-Truvada 14/August/2006
Last V.L.count (Oct 2013): Undetectable
Last CD4 count (OCT 2013): 52%= 933

Offline angelofdreams

• dreaming away
« Reply #59 on: July 17, 2006, 03:44:07 pm »
how many people have said they are coming???
To live would be a awefully big adventure

Offline bobik

• My worksite
« Reply #60 on: July 21, 2006, 06:30:38 am »
Dear Ann, I'm really sorry that you can't come. I was very much looking forward to meeting you. Anyway, I'm sure we'll meet one day.

Pat, Saturday only will be fine, I'm glad you consider coming.

Angel, there are about 14/15 of us coming.......

You know, especially in these days when things are not 100% with me I so much want to see you all!!

Hug

Coen
Coen Honig at Facebook

Offline AldousOrwell

« Reply #61 on: July 21, 2006, 09:55:23 am »
Hey Ann

I read somewhere about a Hetero get together in Prague in late August, but it seems to be just a rumour.

I can barely afford my internet costs let alone visiting 'Sin City'.

You are welcome to attend Str8Talk.

Aldous
« Last Edit: July 23, 2006, 09:46:09 am by AldousOrwell »

Offline bobik

• My worksite
« Reply #62 on: July 21, 2006, 10:48:48 am »
Can people please not react on this last post? It is hard enough for me already to find all the information of people who want to come to Amsterdam.
Thanks

Coen
« Last Edit: July 21, 2006, 10:54:53 am by bobik »
Coen Honig at Facebook

Offline bobik

• My worksite
« Reply #63 on: July 21, 2006, 10:57:22 am »
The most recent list:

Eirin
Val
Coen
Herman
Juan (when he feels well enough)
Siang
Markmt & Jean
Joemutt
Hal?
David Blixter
Chris?
Belgium
Pat on Saturday only
Carousel

Is the list still adequate?
« Last Edit: July 21, 2006, 11:27:14 am by bobik »
Coen Honig at Facebook

Offline frenchpat

« Reply #64 on: July 21, 2006, 12:51:45 pm »
Hi Coen,

sorry to learn that you are not well. I hope the music and singing will help you heal.

As for september, I've booked my flight and should be there; the only thing that would stop me is if I by then have switched meds and feel awfull. Maybe I should wait to do this after the weekend.

Pat, sending you lots of nice vibes (but don't ask me to sing  :D)

Offline water duck

« Reply #65 on: July 21, 2006, 01:30:19 pm »
Dear Coen,

The list looks fine , but if Belgium puts two of us to sleep in his garden, then there will be two less  :D :D

OK joke aside, Coen, why not let this sit for awhile, let the month of August pass first, still alot of people on holidays, and let's pick this up again , beginning of Sept, what say you ??

Must be the heat that is getting you all worked up like that  ;D  so unlike you so be  8) 8)

Siang

Offline bobik

• My worksite
« Reply #66 on: August 03, 2006, 07:07:30 am »
Hello everyone, here is the Amsterdam organising committee,

Eirin and I had dinner last tuesday. We decided not to make the whole weekend too full, so that you will have some opportunity to spend time together with the people you like, or explore Amsterdam's nightlife if you want. So the idea is:

- to meet friday evening for diner in a great restaurant,
- to make you listen to my voice for half an hour on saturday,
- then make a trip through the Amsterdam canals
- then have dinner again
- on sunday join the buffet at the HIV foundation

I guess if people want to do certain things in Amsterdam, they can let the others know. For example if someone wanted to go to the Van Gogh museum others could join in and they could go together. I guess you would also have time for small trips to other places in the Netherlands like Delft and Haarlem, on friday and saturday.

For dinner on saturday: there is a great cheese fondue restaurant in Amsterdam, very cosy and very good food. The only problem is that apart from cheese fondue they serve not much else. If there are any cheese haters in the group we better pick out something else  ;D

(Siang thanks for the chocolates! Both me and my love enjoy them enormously!)

Big hug,

Coen

Coen Honig at Facebook

Offline bobik

• My worksite
« Reply #67 on: August 03, 2006, 07:08:11 am »
p.s. anyone else who would like to sing as well?  ;D
Coen Honig at Facebook

Offline frenchpat

« Reply #68 on: August 03, 2006, 07:33:41 am »
Oh my God, I am going to expose myself to some whipping here (no, NOT literaly, sorry...)

Cheese fondue in summer ??? I am Shocked!!! (well maybe that's because of my swiss origins... Fondue = definitely a winter thing) :D

I know both my liver and stomach will not tolerate it but if everyone wants that, then I'll be there in moral support.  ::) If I can make a suggestion: maybe we should have a winter gathering in the alps somewhere and have the fondue there?

Although I am familiar with Amsterdam I don't have much else to suggest... and I am used to be the annoying one, what with being a vegetarian :P

As for the singing... I cannot be much help there either :(

Hmmm I better start working on something positve before you throw me in a canal :o

Pat

Offline joemutt

« Reply #69 on: August 03, 2006, 08:24:54 am »
Yes Pat, when you dont like something it usually helps to propose an alternative or something even better,
quand vous allez diner chez des gens il n'est pas bon de cracher dans la soupe :-*

Offline Brian360

• Just livin' it up until the sun goes down.
« Reply #70 on: August 03, 2006, 10:18:59 am »
Oh sure....you guys would have to pick a time when I'm starting the winter quarter at college!.
July06: Tcells 0, VL >+750,000
Aug06: TCells 22, VL 214,000
Sep06: TCells 32, VL 34,500
Oct06: TCells 92, VL 9,560
Dec06: Tcells 27, VL 25,000
Jan07: Tcells 43, VL - un-detect
Jan10: TCells 111 - popped to 160 fall 09, VL  undectable since Oct. 07

Offline frenchpat

« Reply #71 on: August 03, 2006, 11:56:33 am »
Yes Pat, when you dont like something it usually helps to propose an alternative or something even better,
quand vous allez diner chez des gens il n'est pas bon de cracher dans la soupe :-*

You are right,

but since Coen asked I thought it was right to answer ;) And I promess that if you all go for fondue I will come along, find myself something to eat, won't complain and above all will not spit in your molten cheese. ;D

As for an alternative, I don't eat out much when in Amsterdam except for chinese food and don't know many places; but save for anything with a face (and that includes moluscs ::)), I am happy with most foods and exotic cuisines, my favourite actually being Thai ( I will travel abroad for Tom Ka Het or Som Tam - aroy mak mak ;D)

... and if I don't behave you can always throw me in the canal :P

Pat

Offline Val

• Praxitèles -- Satyre au repos
« Reply #72 on: August 03, 2006, 12:14:32 pm »
Coen,
Do you happen to know anything about the house boat that Herman was supposed to rent?  I still haven't booked my room --- help!

Val
___
___
P.S. Whatever you guys decide is fine with me.  I'm a very easy going type of dude!  And unlike Water Duck and some other grouchy, giddy beauty queen in the group, I will eat just about anything...
Arthus Bertrand
http://www.yannarthusbertrand.com/yann2/affichage.php?reference=TVDC%20YABFR084&pais=France
Ali Mahdavi
http://asyoudesireme.online.fr/index.htm
Richard de Chazal
http://www.richarddechazal.com/
Daniel Nassoy
http://www.danielnassoy.com/pages/galeries_portraits_2.html
Photography:
The word comes from the Greek words φως phos ("light"), and γραφίς graphis ("stylus", "paintbrush") or γραφή graphê, together meaning "drawing with light" or "representation by means of lines".

Offline bobik

• My worksite
« Reply #73 on: August 03, 2006, 05:49:33 pm »
Hey Val,

better to contact Herman himself, or Joemutt, they know, they were there.

Ok guys, so no cheese fondue  ;D
How about Indonesian food? No place where you can have better than in Holland (except in Indonesia maybe?)

(I'm not such a fan of chinese food)

Coen

Coen Honig at Facebook

Offline frenchpat

« Reply #74 on: August 04, 2006, 03:18:41 am »
Coen,

I am fine with Indonesian, repeat: I am fine with Indonesian!

Phew! Guess I just had a near miss with that canal ;)

Pat

Offline bobik

• My worksite
« Reply #75 on: August 08, 2006, 11:58:09 am »
Bump!

Just to draw attention  ;)

Is everyone on the list still on the list?
Coen Honig at Facebook

Offline Val

« Reply #76 on: August 08, 2006, 12:22:10 pm »
Well, I was looking for someone to share a room with me, and it looks like everyone else has already booked their rooms! So, I'll check it  later when I come back from Florence at the beginning of September!  But, yes, I am still on the list!

Val
___
___
Arthus Bertrand
http://www.yannarthusbertrand.com/yann2/affichage.php?reference=TVDC%20YABFR084&pais=France
Ali Mahdavi
Richard de Chazal
Daniel Nassoy
Photography:
The word comes from the Greek words φως phos ("light"), and γραφίς graphis ("stylus", "paintbrush") or γραφή graphê, together meaning "drawing with light" or "representation by means of lines".

Offline frenchpat

« Reply #77 on: August 08, 2006, 01:41:16 pm »
I'll be there,

Pat

Offline blondbeauty

« Reply #78 on: August 09, 2006, 03:25:29 pm »
Val count on me to share that room, if you want to, of course. I just have to wait to see if I really start treatment the 14th of august and if I feel ok to go. I imagine I will be able to tell you something by the end of August.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2006, 03:28:12 pm by blondbeauty »
The only member in these forums approved by WINBA: World International Nail and Beauty Association.

Offline Val

« Reply #79 on: August 09, 2006, 03:51:49 pm »
Hey, Juan!
Thank you for the reply, babe!  So, it is gonna be up to you to let me know whether or not you're coming to Amsterdam.  You can PM me any time and as soon as I have your reply, I'll get in touch with you for the booking.
I'll be spending two/three weeks between Florence and Rome, but will check my PMs every now and then.

Val
___
P.S. Who wouldn't like to share a room with a blond? ;) Un abrazo, querido, y  haz lo possible para este viaje. Estoy seguro que non te arrependeras.
___
Arthus Bertrand
Ali Mahdavi
Richard de Chazal
Daniel Nassoy
Photography:

Offline blondbeauty

« Reply #80 on: August 09, 2006, 03:54:29 pm »
Gracias Val! Haré lo posible para estar allí. Realmente tengo muchas ganas de conoceros a todos.
Pásalo bien en Florencia y Roma.
Un beso!

Offline heartforyou

• I must be a survivor in many ways...
« Reply #81 on: August 09, 2006, 04:43:16 pm »
Chicos,

che passa? Vamos corresponder en espanol la proxima vez?

Hermiosa
Infected 1983. Diagnosed in 1987 and still kicking
Dovato once daily. Hydrea

Happiness is the freedom of breathing fresh air every day.

Offline bobik

• My worksite
« Reply #82 on: August 21, 2006, 05:27:14 am »
Hello everyone,

Trying to get the list complete, can everybody let me know if they are still planning to come?
English is muuuuuuuuuuch easier for me  ;)

Coen
« Last Edit: August 21, 2006, 05:28:56 am by bobik »
Coen Honig at Facebook

Offline blondbeauty

« Reply #83 on: August 21, 2006, 08:24:05 am »
Coen I will be going. But I have to be in Madrid by the 1st of october. I havent got my october schedule yet but I might be flying. I still have to talk to Val to see if we finally share a room or not.

Offline ryeguy

« Reply #84 on: August 21, 2006, 10:57:00 am »
not far from Berlin.... not far at all:-)

Offline Val

« Reply #85 on: August 22, 2006, 06:05:42 am »
Saludos de Roma, Blondito Beautito! ;D
Entonces nos vamos a Amsterdam?  Que rico! Asi que lhegue a Paris, te escrivo con mas tiempo para todos los detalles.  Yo quiero una cama muy, muy grande... ;) y, claro, una habitacion digna de un rey. 8)

Val
___
___
P.S. Hermiosa, por ahora, trate de hablar frances en Canada, guapo.
Arthus Bertrand
Ali Mahdavi
Richard de Chazal
Daniel Nassoy
Photography:

Offline bobik

• My worksite
« Reply #86 on: August 26, 2006, 07:20:29 am »
Hello everyone,

Here is the latest list, can everyone check and let me know their plans?

Eirin (recently confirmed)
Val (recently confirmed)
Coen (recently confirmed)
Herman
Juan (recently confirmed)
Siang
Markmt & Jean
Joemutt
Hal?
Chris?
Belgium
Pat on Saturday only
Carousel has to leave saturday evening (recently confirmed)

Also can you let me know if you have accomodation already? For people who haven't I can help if you ask me before thursday (I am going on holiday next friday)

Thanks

Coen
Coen Honig at Facebook

Offline frenchpat

« Reply #87 on: August 26, 2006, 10:52:21 am »
Bonjour Coen,

I am still ok for the saturday only and have my own accomodation. Thank you for taking the time to organize this.

Pat

enjoy your holidays!!

Offline Markmt

« Reply #88 on: August 26, 2006, 04:54:08 pm »
Flight and hotel still booked arr 26th Sep dep 1st Oct. Looking forward to see you guys.
"Live to love and love to live."

Leo Buscaglia

Offline bobik

• My worksite
« Reply #89 on: August 28, 2006, 10:22:38 am »
Hey everybody, I just booked a very nice small concerthall in Amsterdam for the concert with which I will welcome you in Holland.

The latest list:

Eirin (recently confirmed)
Val (recently confirmed)
Coen (recently confirmed)
Herman
Juan (recently confirmed)
Siang
Markmt & Jean (recently confirmed)
Joemutt
Hal?
Chris?
Belgium
Pat on Saturday only (recently confirmed)
Carousel has to leave saturday evening (recently confirmed)
Coen Honig at Facebook

Offline eirin

• Member since March 2005
« Reply #90 on: September 04, 2006, 02:55:31 pm »

Herman, Siang, Joe, Hal, Chris and Belgium could you please let us know if you are still planning to come to our regional meeting!

Looking forward to see you guys!  :)

Offline blondbeauty

« Reply #91 on: September 04, 2006, 05:23:23 pm »
Please, Eirin, Bobik or someone...Which days are we spending in Amsterdam? 22, 23, 24 or 29, 30 and 01 of October. I need to know it to make the hotel reservation. When and where are we meeting once in Amsterdam?  ???

Offline water duck

« Reply #92 on: September 04, 2006, 05:43:24 pm »
Dear Eirin,

Yes i shall be there with Herman.

Juan the meeting is on the 29,30 & 1st of Oct.

Siang

Offline manchesteruk

« Reply #93 on: September 04, 2006, 05:55:27 pm »
Hi all,

I'm not going to be able to make this unfortunately I only started a new job last week so can't really take much time off work for the next couple of months plus i'm pretty much pennyless at the moment so can't afford to book a flight yet either.  Are there any plans for another to place soon or is it a case of seeing how this one goes first?

Chris
Diagnosed 11/05

"Life is too important to be taken seriously" Oscar Wilde

Offline joemutt

« Reply #94 on: September 06, 2006, 01:28:56 am »
Hi Eirin and Bobik I reconfirm with pleasure.
Still going after a hotel room though, as it was all last minute (again  ::) )
Will be happy to see you all back again  :-*

Offline eirin

« Reply #95 on: September 10, 2006, 05:47:19 pm »
Looks like this is going to be the definite list of people coming to our regional
meeting in Amsterdam:

Coen
Val
Herman
Juan
Siang
Mark & Jean
Joemutt
Pat
Carousel
Eirin

Anybody else that wants to come are welcome to join in, just let us know.

The only program we have is Friday night when Coen is going to sing for us,
and a Sunday afternoon buffet at the local HIV organization.

Feel free to come with other suggestions for things to do!

« Last Edit: September 11, 2006, 04:49:48 am by eirin »

Offline LatinAlexander

• Bogota, Colombia
« Reply #96 on: September 10, 2006, 11:41:21 pm »
PERHAPS I'LL BE JOINING YOU GUYS!!!! 

I'll let you know!!!

Alex
Poz since Jul 19 2006
Initial numbers : CD4-250 VL 3500
First labs after HAART (Dec 04-2006) : CD4-432 VL-<40 (Undetectable)  cd4%=25.11%
Started HAART: Combivir+Efavirenz Aug 26 7:38 pm
Feb 08 2007 - Gradually stopping HAART cause of Myalgia. Protecting Efavirenz. Stopped Efavirenz, ahead with Combivir....
February 17 Combivir stopped.
April 3 -07 : Started ddi+3tc+efavirenz...
Gay and positive (What a lack of Identity...:) )
Looking for my Ben....

Offline eirin

« Reply #97 on: September 11, 2006, 04:52:02 am »
Hi Alex,

It would be great if you are able to come!  :)

Eirin

Offline eirin

« Reply #98 on: September 18, 2006, 04:07:16 am »
Saturday:

Val and Blond Beauty's Cheese and Wine Party!

:) :) :) :) :)

Offline joemutt

« Reply #99 on: September 18, 2006, 04:25:59 am »
Joepie!  :)  :D  ;D

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.