Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 05:13:41 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37651
  • Latest: Toropi_
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773288
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 423
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 392
Total: 392

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Curious About Oral Sex  (Read 7473 times)

Offline mc2556

Curious About Oral Sex
« on: March 13, 2010, 03:30:37 am »
To any one,
I just one to ask is there a different between male and female mout condition. Because most of the people claiming that they acquired HIV through giving oral sex to male is male also, or there a record wherein a female got infected by sucking a penis. I just want to know..

Offline RapidRod

Re: Curious About Oral Sex
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2010, 06:26:26 am »
Take the time to search the forum. Your question has been asked and answered thousands of times.

Offline mc2556

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2010, 06:41:03 am »
Is there anyone who can explain it to me well. Im here top ask question. Thank you in advance for your effort.

Offline mc2556

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2010, 07:02:31 am »
Sorry I just want to have an explanation...if there is a different between male and femaled mouth. Because most of the person who is claiming they were infected was male who sucked male als,o or is there a confirmed cases where female got infected by sucking male organ. Thank you

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2010, 08:16:26 am »
From time to time we get reports of someone who insists they became infected through giving oral sex. For a number of reasons those claims never seem to hold up under careful scrutiny.

On the other hand we know that saliva contains over a dozen elements and proteins which are very effective in preventing the transmission of viable HIV. Theoretically transmission could happen. But in the real world of HIV it doesn't.

Further, the longterm studies of both gay and straight sero-discordant couples who had lots of mutual unprotected oral sex and only protected vaginal/anal intercourse, have resulted in not a single sero-negative partner having become infected.

If for your own personal comfort you want to have protected oral sex that is your decision. I always encourage people to only do sexually what they are comfortable with. However, in terms of risk the evidence is just not there to prove that giving oral is a genuine risk.   
Andy Velez

Offline mc2556

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2010, 08:53:07 am »
Thanks Mr. Andy,
With this I would like to take your real assestment with my exposure. Acturally I never engaged in anal or vaginal sex in my entire life, yes unprotected oral I did (Male to male), I dont know if you consider my mouth condition bad if I will tell you that some of my teeh are false permanent teeth and 10 months prior to my unprotected oral exposure I undergone root canal because my one tooth (below-infront got infected)but Im sure its already healed at the time, but sometimes it bleed with brush my teeth hardly, and i remember I brushed my teeh before that incident. I did not allow to ejaculate in my mouth, with regards to pre-cum everytime my mouth became wet because of my own saliva and possible precum I spit it out. Do you think Im sexually active and requires testing especially with regards to HIV. The incident happened 1O months ago but until im still anxious about it. I cannot go for testing because im working in the middle east and its difficult for me to do that and I have to wait to back in my homeland to do testing but do you think do I really need to do that in case the guy is infected. With regards to oraquick im planning but afraid it might give false positive or false negative that make e more problematic. I really worried thank you for your time

Offline mc2556

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2010, 09:01:28 am »
One more thing sir is with regards to symptoms although you are not relying on symptoms, few months back I observe that my tongue become whiter, so I went to the dentist to check it out, she told me that its noraml but later she told me that there is a small thrush that is starting to raise, but I doubt because oral thrush is painful right? and I dont feel anything at time although before it experience tongue burning and bitter taste in mouth that take for a month but I what I am thingking at that time is it is related to my GERD problem and being acidic. She just diagnosed my tongue by looking on it and gave oragel which I took for 7 days and return to her and told me its ok so I am really doubt it is an oral thrush. Thank you again

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2010, 09:09:36 am »
Symptoms are NEVER a reliable means of determining HIV status. NEVER! Should you have a genuine risk, specifically unprotected intercourse, then the only means of reliably knowing HIV status is to get tested at 13 weeks past the incident.

There is nothing you are reporting in terms of your giving oral that suggests any particular risk to me. We do recommend that anyone who is sexually active ought to regularly have a full STD panel done. Other STDs are much easier to acquire than HIV.

At this moment I don't see any cause for concern on your part about HIV nor any need for HIV testing.
Andy Velez

Offline mc2556

« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2010, 09:12:38 am »
Even with regards to my teeth condition? So we that you can give me aan ssurance to let it go and move on. Thank you I really appreciate you advise

Offline mc2556

« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2010, 09:29:13 am »
Once again Mr. Andy can you consider me sexually active if will I tell engaged in uprotected oral sex (giving-only in my entire life) 3 times with different guys with same senario and require testing. I hope you will still reply.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2010, 09:37:29 am »
No, I  would not consider yours to be a very active sexual life nor any need for the kind of testing I mentioned. But listen, you are presumably an adult man. It's up to you to decide if you are sexually active enough to warrant the kind of testing which I mentioned.

And no, nothing you mentioned about your dental status suggests any particular potentially special risk of transmission nor any need for HIV testing.

Get on with your life.   
Andy Velez

Offline mc2556

« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2010, 09:53:44 am »
Mr. Andy,
Thank you very much for your time and for your enllightment, I trusted your assestment and pieces of advise. It made my head light.Take care

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2010, 10:05:52 am »
Glad you found the exchange to be helpful. Good luck to you.
Andy Velez

Offline mc2556

« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2010, 01:54:48 am »
Mr. Andy and others,
Im back again in this forum with worries, because of what I read from this forum also about the case of Renevatio posted August 2009, wherein he acquired the virus through giving oral sex to a male with precum only, I just want to know your stand with this case and do you think it its proven as what he is claiming..in case it means precum in oral sex is also dangerous. I hope you will be able to give your insights. Thank you

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2010, 07:01:34 am »
mc,

No, it isn't proven. Sometimes people don't like to admit to risky behaviours like unprotected anal intercourse. Sometimes they forget what they've been up to due to drug and/or alcohol use.

If you cannot bring yourself to believe what we tell you here, go test and collect your negative result. Simple.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline mc2556

« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2010, 04:48:21 am »
Dear Mr. Andy and Ms. Ann,
I take your advise and assessment it gave me strenght to convince myself that I am HIV free, but because of my anxiety about this I decided to purchase EZ-Trust Rapid Screen Test-Private Home Test Kit through online HIVKIT.co.uk. This kit is for HIV 1 and HIV 2 according to what I read their product comply with ISO 9001 standard and evaluated by International Health Board and approved  Local Authorities and the product that used in Malaysia and Singapore. I waited this kit for 3 days with little worry despite of your assurance. I received it today in our office and directly went to the bathroom to perform the test. My hand is shaking while opening the pocket and shaking also while collecting the blood, although the blood that I put in the cassete as what they call it using the micro pipette is not that much because Im shaking Im sure its enough for the kit to read it. I waited for 5 minutes as what written in the instruction, As what you have been told the result is NEGATIVE Im really happy and at peace now. The incident happened 9 months ago so I know  no need for me to re-test again for an assurance because its over 3 months as what is the guidelines is telling us. Now I decided that after reading your reply and thoughts with this I will not think about HIV as my concern and will stop waisting my time surfing in the net about this disease. I hope I will be able to read your last words and will tell YES CONFIRMED you are HIV NEGATIVE-Thank you and Take Care.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2010, 08:48:13 am »
Yes, you are HIV negative. Get on with your life.
Andy Velez

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.