Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 05:04:56 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773173
  • Total Topics: 66333
  • Online Today: 335
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 4
Guests: 287
Total: 291

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Sarah Silverman is getting an HIV test.  (Read 7780 times)

Offline aupointillimite

• FUS DO RAH!
Sarah Silverman is getting an HIV test.
« on: February 15, 2007, 10:36:39 pm »
On her new show on Comedy Central right now... so it looks like CSI can suck it.

The nurse is asking her the pre-test questionnaire, "Have you ever had unprotected sex?"
Sarah Silverman: "Is there any other kind?"

"Did you get a blood transfusion in the 80s?"
Sarah Silverman:  "Uh... yes."
"Really?  In the 80s?"
"Ohhh!  I'm sorry!  I thought you said in the Haitis!  I used to live there."
"How long did you live in Haiti?"
"I don't remember, I was doing a lot of heroin at the time."

It looks like her whole show is going to be about AIDS and be as offensive as possible.  Considering the shit day I've had, I plan on watching it an laughing my ass off the entire time.
Your tastebuds can't repel flavor of this magnitude!

Offline aupointillimite

• FUS DO RAH!
Re: Sarah Silverman is getting an HIV test.
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2007, 11:01:32 pm »
Oh God, that was funny.

Sarah Silverman assumed she was HIV+ ("I've got AIDS.  Billions of them.") before her results even came back, so she started an AIDS Awareness organization, which was really just a vehicle for printing up a bunch of t-shirts and mugs with her face on them.

She rallies the people at the organization by saying, "We put a man on the moon.  We can put a man with AIDS on the moon.  Someday, we'll put everyone with AIDS on the moon."

Nummy. Comedic. Treat.

Offline Boo Radley

• Not a "real man" and damn proud, mithter... FAB
    • Animal Rescue New Orleans
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2007, 12:48:34 am »
Who is Sarah Silverman and what station is her show on?  Cable? 

Can I find copies of her program on the Internet?

Just make me copies with your VHS recorder and ship them to me regularly.  I'll eventually reimburse you.

Thanks!

Boo

P.S. Fast Forward through the commercials, please...
String up every aristocrat!
Out with the priests and let them live on their fat!

Everything I do, say, think, excrete, secrete, exude, ooze, or write © 2007 Sweet Old Boo, Inc.

Offline aupointillimite

• FUS DO RAH!
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2007, 01:00:27 am »
Sarah Silverman is a comedian.  Her program is on Comedy Central.

She's dating Jimmy Kimmel.  Here's him interviewing her on his show.  Plus a thing she did called "A Very Convenient Truth."  She calls global warming "global comfortabling."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2Ko6LNkviE

She's hilarious, and really inappropriate... and also cool.  She doesn't want to get married until gay people do. 

She said in her DVD "Jesus is Magic" that "When God gives you AIDS (and God does give you AIDS), make lemon-AIDS."

There's a bunch of her stuff on Youtube. 

Offline Boo Radley

• Not a "real man" and damn proud, mithter... FAB
    • Animal Rescue New Orleans
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2007, 01:16:35 am »
Fabulous clip!

I've been on the global comfortabling bandwagon for several years.  I'd like to live out the rest of my life in a climate that is warm year-round and that might become possible here in the next 15 - 20 years.

Gonna watch her other youtube videos.

Boo
String up every aristocrat!
Out with the priests and let them live on their fat!

Everything I do, say, think, excrete, secrete, exude, ooze, or write © 2007 Sweet Old Boo, Inc.

Offline marc11864

• I apologize for nothing!
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2007, 01:20:44 pm »
"PEOPLE OF AIDS; If I do have AIDS, I'll be back in ten minutes. If I don't have AIDS, please enjoy Jewel's performance, I hear she's wonderful."

And THAT is why we love Sarah. Because she's one of us.
Let us cavort like the Greeks of old! You know the ones I mean.

Offline bear60

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2007, 03:20:08 pm »
I think Sara Silverman is Ellen Degeneris on drugs.

modified to add: When she said LETS PUT ALL THE PEOPLE WITH AIDS ON THE MOON.....I sorta got sick.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2007, 03:22:10 pm by bear60 »
Poz Bear Type in Philadelphia

Offline Ihavehope

• Yes, I'm a cry baby, AND WHAT?
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2007, 03:57:47 pm »
Sara Silveman is funny but she really needs to get a life. lol

The AIDS jokes were funny once but she needs better material.
Infected: April 2005
12/6/06 - Diagnosed HIV positive
12/19/06 - CD4 = 240  22% VL = 26,300
1/4/07 - CD4 = 200 16% VL = ?
2/9/07 = Started Kaletra/Truvada
3/13/07 = CD4 = 386 22% VL ?

Offline aupointillimite

• FUS DO RAH!
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2007, 04:01:21 pm »
Sara Silveman is funny but she really needs to get a life. lol

The AIDS jokes were funny once but she needs better material.

I do get what you're saying... but I think she's always going to hammer on issues of racism and AIDS and homophobia for the simple reason that they're still such big issues. 

She's commenting on the thought process of twats who really think that people with HIV should be sequestered from society... and she makes it funny... by saying what they're saying but in a completely absurd context.  And I think as long as there are jackasses out there who are seriously saying it... then she's gonna be there making them look like the fucktards they are.

And there's nothing those people hate more than being laughed at... they want to be taken seriously... but when their paradigms become fodder for hilarity... they're brought down a lot of pegs.

Offline bear60

« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2007, 04:39:47 pm »
"She's commenting on the thought process of twats who really think that people with HIV should be sequestered from society... and she makes it funny... by saying what they're saying but in a completely absurd context.  And I think as long as there are jackasses out there who are seriously saying it... then she's gonna be there making them look like the fucktards they are."  Benj
I get it I really do.  But its still makes me cringe when I hear stuff like: God Hates Fags and I dont care who calls me a Fag I dont like it. I dont call anyone a Fag. This Queer thing still kind of grates on my nerves like nails on chalkboard because us queers are supposed to be comfortable with this word now that we have "taken it back" from the homophobes. But anyone can see that its a word used to catagorize homosexuals as "different" or " abnormal".  I dont like it either.  If Sara Silverman is a lesbian then I hope she gets on Ellens show and they have some kind of Dyke duel to see who comes out on top.

Offline aupointillimite

• FUS DO RAH!
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2007, 04:45:31 pm »
She's actually not a lesbian... she's dating Jimmy Kimmel... but she doesn't want to get married until gay people can.

Her humor is entirely abrasive... I'm glad you understand it though.  It very well just might be (I really hate chalking it up to this, I really do) a generational thing... perhaps the only reason it works when she makes these jokes and they're funny is because the culture as a whole has come so far. 

20 years ago, you couldn't joke about AIDS the way she does and have it be anything other than mean-spirited... but given that things have come along as they have... she can say things which appear to be nothing other than bigoted, but there's a sort of post-modern humor to them.  She's deriding them by on the surface appearing to embrace what they're saying.  It's rather complex humor... and one which is probably funnier to me, because I am much less likely to encounter vicious homophobia or AIDS stigma... nor do I remember a time when one really could.

Offline bear60

« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2007, 04:49:20 pm »
I am sure you are right Benj.....
but... Racist and homophobic jokes will always be around I suspect.

Offline aupointillimite

• FUS DO RAH!
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2007, 04:52:30 pm »
Racist and homophobic jokes will always be around I suspect.

Oh, they definitely will be... but I guess what I do is I actually tend to look at the actual intent behind the words rather than just what is actually being said.  However, I can fully understand that a lot of times, it's just the words themselves that are sufficient to hurt.   

Offline bear60

« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2007, 04:54:45 pm »
I cant wait till Sarah Silverman says ....." and the holocast never happened." That will raise some eyebrows.

Offline aupointillimite

• FUS DO RAH!
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2007, 05:00:06 pm »
I cant wait till Sarah Silverman says ....." and the holocast never happened." That will raise some eyebrows.

I wouldn't be a damn bit surprised if she does... and she would make it hilarious.

She is Jewish... and has a lot of fun with that as well.  She'll say things like, "I was raped by a doctor... which is so bittersweet for a Jewish girl."   

Offline Ihavehope

« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2007, 05:02:31 pm »
She is Jewish... and has a lot of fun with that as well.  She'll say things like, "I was raped by a doctor... which is so bittersweet for a Jewish girl."   

That is funny shit. lol

Offline racingmind

« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2007, 05:37:12 pm »
She was once a cast member on SNL sometime in the 90s.  It obviously wasn't her time yet because she didn't last long...
Tested Negative: 5/06
Tested Positive: 9/06 
9/06: CD4: 442 (28%) VL: +100,000
10/06: CD4: 323 (25%) VL: 243,440
11/06: CD4: 405 (28%) VL: 124,324
12/06: CD4: 450 (29%) VL: 114,600
1/07: CD4: 440 (27%) VL: 75,286
3/07: CD4: 459 (30%) VL: 44,860
5/07: CD4: 353 (24%) VL: 50,852
7/07: CD4: 437 (29%) VL: 39,475
9/07: CD4: 237 (32%) VL: 372,774
10/07: CD4: 324 (27%) VL: 115,454 
Started Atripla: 10/07
11/07: CD4: 524 (?%) VL: Undetectable!
2/08: CD4: 653 (35%) VL: undetectable
5/08: CD4: 822 (40%) VL: undetectable
8/08: CD4: 626 (35%) VL: undetectable
12/08: CD4: 619 (36%) VL: undetectable
3/09: CD4: 802 (38%) VL: undetectable
7/09: CD4: 1027 (43%) VL: not tested
10/09: CD4: 1045 (43%) VL: undetectable

Offline aupointillimite

• FUS DO RAH!
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2007, 05:40:10 pm »
She was once a cast member on SNL sometime in the 90s.  It obviously wasn't her time yet because she didn't last long...

She was also in an episode of Star Trek: Voyager.  And some episodes of Mr. Show.

I remember knowing who she was, but not really being very familiar with her stuff as a comedian, when she appeared in The Aristocrats (which was amazing), and she kind of exploded everywhere shortly thereafter.

Offline Ihavehope

« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2007, 05:54:47 pm »
What time is da show on? what day?

Offline aupointillimite

• FUS DO RAH!
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2007, 05:56:47 pm »
What time is da show on? what day?

Thursdays at 10:30 on Comedy Central.

Of course, since it's Comedy Central, your chances of catching the previously aired episodes in any given half-hour time slot are pretty good.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.