Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 02, 2024, 05:30:34 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37617
  • Latest: NChio
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772996
  • Total Topics: 66312
  • Online Today: 219
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 182
Total: 182

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Question???  (Read 5328 times)

Offline prettyfighting1

Question???
« on: June 30, 2009, 02:14:42 pm »
this question always comes up in my mind while im newly living poz...
If someone fucked my ass without condom, once or many times, he will be infected already???

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
Re: Question???
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2009, 02:51:48 pm »
Trasmission is certainly possible but not garanteed by any means. 
What is the unspoken question?  Do you need to tell someone, this person, you are HIV+?
That person needs to know your status so he can be tested, if he so wishes.
Best.
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline prettyfighting1

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2009, 02:21:07 am »
I had a bf before last 2008 and were together for about 8months and we always did unprotected sex,  This may 2009 I accidentally found that I am poz, Im so worried about my ex bf and the other guys who make love with me without protection, how can i tell them? especially to my ex bf, I want them to get tested but is so hard for me to tell them, they will think that I am the one who give them HIV and i dont know whats the possible worst thing they can do to me..
You think the best thing that I can do is to keep quiet and wait till they find that they are poz..?
I really dont know what to do...

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2009, 05:53:25 am »
PF,

Did you ever get your Western Blot confirmation?

If you have been confirmed as hiv positive, keeping quiet isn't a good idea and in my opinion, it's not really an option. If any of these men are hiv positive and don't yet know, they're possibly out there infecting others. You should be able to go to your government's health department - or the doctor who tested you - and give them a list of names and contact information, and let them tell them they need to be tested. If this isn't possible, think of other ways you can let them know anonymously. They need to know.

People not knowing their hiv status is one of the main contributing factors to the increase in hiv infections.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline prettyfighting1

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2009, 01:15:44 am »
here in the philippines, talking about HIV is a very complicated matter, lots of people here is not open minded, judge mental, and not aware of HIV coz of puberty, and no good education, If you are HIV poz here in the philippines and people will know your situation, they will discriminate you, they will think that you are so dirty, they will hate you, and you will lost your friends sometimes even your family:(
But I cant have a good sleep thinking that some of the guys who make love with me is infected and i dont know how to tell them to get tested.. specially to my ex bf:(

Being selfish isn't as bad, Love yourself so much...
Because no one will help and love me for who I am right now,
I wish Im living in USA..hehehe

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2009, 07:30:11 am »
Yes a very difficult situation.
If there is any kind of agency, social service, that can notify these people annonymously??? Will save some disclosure of who you are.  Unless the partners ONLY slept with you, which doesn't sound like the case.

Couldn't you even do it yourself anonymously.

Or maybe you can tell people like other STD - someone I slept with had Syphilis and I got checked for everything and maybe you should too.  Well, that's not the most honest but....
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline prettyfighting1

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2009, 01:44:33 pm »
top is negative and the bottom is positive, if the top fucked the bottom once is there any chance that the bottom got infected too?

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.