Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 18, 2024, 11:54:24 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772783
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 328
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 232
Total: 232

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Any women out there who have had a baby or are pregnant?  (Read 81226 times)

Offline catwoman

Re: Any women out there who have had a baby or are pregnant?
« Reply #100 on: February 03, 2008, 10:47:32 pm »
Congrats longpink!

Offline Coffeechick88

« Reply #101 on: February 04, 2008, 07:48:19 am »
Congratulations, Coffee !  That is so exciting to find out your are having a boy!  Have you figured out any names yet?  That is one of the hardest things I think.  I have 3 boys all together so our house is total chaos :)

Welcome and Congratulations to you too, Longpink!  I am new to this forum too.

Hope you are both feeling well!  Having a strange cravings?  With my first son it was spicy food, popiscles and shrimp cocktail.  The trip  lets...I think I ate a roast beef sandwich everyday.
I am definitely having strange cravings.  The other day, I had a tub of cream cheese and ate it all with a spoon.  It's weird because I have never liked cream cheese and not even on a bagel, but I ate a whole tub, then went to the store and bought more.  I'm sure I'll eat more today.  I also have been craving KFC and also cookie dough.  Not baked cookies--just the dough.  Someone told me I probably should bake them due to the raw eggs, but I'll just have to do more research on risk level to see if it is still acceptable for me to eat it.

Cutting down on coffee was the hardest.  My doctor did tell me I could have some coffee, just cut the caffeine down drastically, since I am someone who can drink several pots of coffee a day--and I take it pretty strong, so I have been used to massive amounts of caffeine each day..  I am no longer feeling the withdrawals, but it was horrible at first.  Now I one cup of caffeinated and switch to decaf for any other.
Lucas James is here
Born 6-14-08 at 1233 am
8 lbs 14 oz, 22 in long

Offline catwoman

« Reply #102 on: February 09, 2008, 05:45:04 pm »
You have to be careful about the cookie dough.  You shouldn't eat it because of risk of salmonella from the raw eggs in it.  You might want to try drinking more milk too.  Your body wants it.  That's why you ate that whole tub of cream cheese.  LOL!!  I've been craving pizza all the time.  I tend to want more cheese and dairy and I wasn't big on that before I was pregnant.  Drinking the milk does double duty for me because it quells my heartburn too.

Offline keepingfaith

• Go Me!
« Reply #103 on: February 14, 2008, 10:43:06 am »
Hey ladies, I was am newly diagnosised. 12/26/2007. I have 2 children ages 8 and 2. I want to have another, but my fear is will I see them grow up. I know there is no guanrantee. I could go out and get hit by a bus. I can't help it. Its just one of my fears. But reading these posts have comforted me. Thanks.

Offline wishful

• I am pretty content nowadays..Life is gud..
« Reply #104 on: February 14, 2008, 02:55:44 pm »
Welcome Longpink...and Congrats ;D
Live life to the fullest...

tendai

« Reply #105 on: February 15, 2008, 03:31:23 am »
Welcome longpink. There is no guarantee in life whether u're POZ or not. Like u said u can be neg and yet get hit by a bus and leave your kids behind or u can be POZ and live to see your great-grandkids. With all the medicine available u can have another kid. Wish u the best.

Offline Tamika

« Reply #106 on: February 22, 2008, 07:55:16 am »

Wow snow angel - you really are blessed! I am pregnant now  and can't wait to know the sex of the baby.

Tendai ndeipi shamwari?

tendai

« Reply #107 on: February 22, 2008, 10:57:33 am »
Ndeipi iwe.hindava kurova so? how far along are u? are u on meds? i bet u are so excited asikana i envy u guys having babies.  keep us posted shaa. wofarisa murume wako! :-* :-*

Offline Snowangel

« Reply #108 on: February 22, 2008, 11:32:51 am »
Congrats- Tamika.  That is very exciting when you do find out the sex.  That is one of the hardest parts, I think, picking out names :)
Of all the things you wear, your expression is the most important

The heaviest thing you can carry is a grudge..

One thing you can give and still keep...is your word.

One thing you can't recycle is wasted time.

Offline catwoman

« Reply #109 on: March 03, 2008, 10:29:31 pm »
I'm supposed to find out the sex of mine next Monday if it cooperates.  :D  I can't wait.

Offline catwoman

« Reply #110 on: March 08, 2008, 11:42:04 pm »
Blessed1974,

Congratulations!!!  His picture is precious.  What a blessing!!!

Offline Blessed1974

• Time waits for no one so don't dream life live it!
« Reply #111 on: March 10, 2008, 03:25:32 pm »
Thanks Catwoman :)

I hope your little bundle cooperates today so you can find out what you're having.

Offline Dragonette

• Spring symptoms
    • NotPerfectAtAll
« Reply #112 on: March 11, 2008, 05:17:33 am »
Hi Blessed,

CONGRATS on that sweet baby! What a blessing.

It's so great to have all those moms and would be moms here. I'm still trying, when anything happens I'll let you know.

Good luck to everyone
"If you keep one foot in yesterday, and one in tomorrow, you piss all over today". Betty Tacy

Offline Blessed1974

« Reply #113 on: March 11, 2008, 02:01:21 pm »
Thanks Drag  ;D

Offline Snowangel

« Reply #114 on: March 11, 2008, 04:46:19 pm »
Hi Blessed, Just wondering how you and your family are doing?  Is the baby sleeping through the night yet?  I hope so for your sake  ;D
Snow

Offline catwoman

« Reply #115 on: March 13, 2008, 07:02:54 pm »
Hey ladies,

I had my ultrasound on Monday.  Everything was perfect and it's going to be a girl!!!  We are sooooo excited.

Offline Snowangel

« Reply #116 on: March 13, 2008, 07:28:22 pm »
Catwomen!
Congratulations!  I am so excited for you, I am glad everything is going well.  I hope you are feeling good too!
Have you thought of any names yet?
Snow

tendai

« Reply #117 on: March 14, 2008, 08:32:54 am »
congrats cat! i think girls are way better babies than boys.

Offline Victory101

« Reply #118 on: March 14, 2008, 12:32:28 pm »
Hi Everyone
I've been lurking on here for a looong time but never had the courage to write. Dont ask me why.  Just wanted to share I have two healthy boys and I have just found out I'm pregnant. This is the worst time for it to happen to me as I am facing many issues and the logical thing would be to abort. But I can't do that due to having strong faith

My boys are 2 and 3 and I have been diagnosed since 99. 

Victory

Offline wishful

• I am pretty content nowadays..Life is gud..
« Reply #119 on: March 14, 2008, 12:35:15 pm »
Welcome Victory!!,,Good luck with everything....
Live life to the fullest...

Offline Snowangel

« Reply #120 on: March 14, 2008, 12:41:55 pm »
Welcome, Victory and Congratulations!
Snow

Offline keepingfaith

• Go Me!
« Reply #121 on: March 14, 2008, 02:17:34 pm »
Welcome Victory, and Congrads.

Offline Blessed1974

« Reply #122 on: March 14, 2008, 03:34:15 pm »
Welcome Victory and good luck :)

Snow, everything is going well and my lil' man gives me about 5 hours of sleep at night these days.  For him only being a month old I guess thats not bad, LOL

Cat, I'm glad you found out what you're having so now you can start picking a name.

Offline catwoman

« Reply #123 on: March 17, 2008, 11:32:26 pm »
Congrats Victory!!  We have her name all set already.  One less thing to worry about even though, I'm surprisingly not worrying like I thought I would.  I'm very adherent with my meds and I have a strong faith so I feel like she'll be just fine.  I can't believe I'm halfway through already.

tendai

« Reply #124 on: March 18, 2008, 10:18:59 am »
Hie Victory
Congrats on the baby. I hope your faith will guide you making a decision about your baby.  God bless. 

Offline Dragonette

• Spring symptoms
    • NotPerfectAtAll
« Reply #125 on: March 20, 2008, 05:43:57 am »
Congratulations Victory, & welcome.

Catwoman congrats on the ultrasound.

Ive also been wondering if the first months arent extra hard with giving the baby meds. Not that it would change me decision to try... maybe it's best not to know.

All the best to all you ladies,
"If you keep one foot in yesterday, and one in tomorrow, you piss all over today". Betty Tacy

Offline sunflower99

« Reply #126 on: March 20, 2008, 02:20:24 pm »
Hey everybody,

This is also my first post here in this womens forum, I want to respond to you Dragonette and say that the first 6 weeks can at first seem very long and difficult due to the fact that you have to give your newborn baby liquid medication every 6 hours, and its a bit sad for the heart (at least it was for me) when you have to wake your beautifully sleeping baby at e.g. 3 am to force feed him/her the medication. BUT these first weeks go by pretty fast, and soon they are just a memory.

So don't let this stop you!!

I also want to say Congratulations to you pregnant women on here! I also have 2 wonderful and healthy little darlings, but If I was younger and had less c-section scars on my belly I would probably also want one more :)

Hugs to all !
« Last Edit: March 20, 2008, 02:22:23 pm by sunflower99 »

Offline Dragonette

• Spring symptoms
    • NotPerfectAtAll
« Reply #127 on: March 20, 2008, 02:55:02 pm »
Hi Sunflower,

Thanks! nice to see you here. Egads, 3 a.m...

Hugs

Offline minismom

• Quocumque jeceris stabit
« Reply #128 on: March 20, 2008, 10:49:00 pm »
I remember those middle of the night AZT dosings.  Mini slept with us and we had her syringe on our night stand.  We'd also set 2 alarms just in case we missed the first one.  She got really good at taking her meds.  We'd roll her over, squirt it in, roll her back over, and she'd be none the wiser.  It was harder on us than it was for her.

Good luck with all the new babies!

Mum
www.watoto.com
www.MotherBearProject.org
"Whichever way you throw me, i will stand"
"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today...it's already tomorrow in Australia"  Charles Schultz

Offline Snowangel

« Reply #129 on: March 20, 2008, 11:24:10 pm »
It was harder on us than it was for her.

My older son was good taking his too and he would suck it down and not even really wake up.  I on the other hand was exhausted, I tried to have his father give him a dose one night and he told me to F off  :-\.

The trip  lets were in the hospital the whole time so the nurses did if for me, which was a blessing. Big time!

It was hard, BUT it was worth every minute of it.

Hi Sun- Welcome  :)

Offline Blessed1974

« Reply #130 on: March 21, 2008, 06:06:34 pm »
I have to agree with Minismom.  Giving my lil' man his medicine is only hard on me because he sleeps right thru it most times.  Luckily, I only have one week left (six weeks just flew by)!!!

Offline catwoman

« Reply #131 on: March 21, 2008, 09:48:45 pm »
Does the baby get to stay in the unit with the regular babies when they are born?  The only people that know about my status are my parents, brothers, and husband.  No one, not even my in-laws know.  Are hospitals generally good about the privacy regarding the baby and myself?  During labor I want no one there except my husband and my parents if they are allowed, so I know no one else can see IV with the meds.  I'm probably conjuring up a worse picture in my mind than reality.

Offline Snowangel

« Reply #132 on: March 21, 2008, 10:05:51 pm »
HI Catwoman-
Is totally up to you who you have in the delivery room with you.  Make sure that the doctors and nurses know that they should keep all your information confidential.  Yes, the baby will stay in the same unit with the other babies.  When I had my son in 98, they put me down the end of a hall all by myself, I was too out of it to notice but my mother did, who didn't know of my status at the time.  Everything worked out fine and no one found out.  Now a days with all the privacy acts, there should be no problem at all, BUT, if you do have one make sure you speak up and protect your rights.  Get your rest while you can...you will need it  ;D
Take care,
Snow

Offline Blessed1974

« Reply #133 on: March 23, 2008, 04:29:09 pm »
Catwoman,

Snow is absolutely right about the privacy acts.  I just had my son last month and there were no disclosure issues at all.  I just made sure it was in my chart that no one was to discuss my status in front of anyone because my older children don't know yet and they're not going to find out until I'm ready.  The nurses and doctors were very understanding.  If they wanted to discuss an issue they waited until my room was empty or asked for privacy with me.  As far as the IV goes during labor there's no label on it that would indicate that it was something special just for you being pos.

Offline Victory101

« Reply #134 on: March 24, 2008, 06:42:12 pm »
Thanks for the congratulatory messages. I am definitely keeping the baby and it feels right but still don't have some answers. My theory is tomorrow will take care of itseff. I will introduce myself properly one of these fine days.

tendai

« Reply #135 on: March 26, 2008, 09:44:46 am »
Good for you Vic. Who knows, maybe that baby of yours will turn out to be the person who discovers the cure for HIV/AIDS. See u soon.

Offline catwoman

« Reply #136 on: March 27, 2008, 12:51:56 am »
Thank you ladies for clearing up my concerns.  :)

Offline AWPIE51

« Reply #137 on: March 30, 2008, 04:41:41 am »
Hi! I have been poz 4 years and had a healthy girl a year and half ago who is negative. I plan on having another one in a couple years.
God Bless to all I just want to say that the HIV Virus has been Living with me because God and I are in control of this disease its been living with me since 1989  my son is negative & because of my Denial & non education I had another son in 1991 who is also negative  than I had another son in 1993  who is also negative so I say that to say that God is a awesome God see back than when I was diagnosed they didn't have the Great meds that they have now so I pray that if any Postive Woman wants to have a child they should PLEASE talk it over with their ID doctor & do all that the doctor tells you to do & most of all Pray and belive that God is a healer and that he can do all things and know that you are somebody inspite of whats living within you so be happy and live because having a child is a Dream come True I pray that what I wrote was helpful

Be True to You!!!

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.