Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 09:37:31 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37652
  • Latest: Han2024
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773292
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 794
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 780
Total: 781

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Click here to see a NASTY Republican  (Read 4499 times)

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
Click here to see a NASTY Republican
« on: October 17, 2008, 11:31:40 pm »
I saw this live today and was simply astounded by the idiocy.  The interview is in two clips.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcNDQEfcPZs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UotK6dli4TQ

There is now a rousing call to arms to get this woman OUT.  click here for more information
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline weasel

Re: Click here to see a NASTY Republican
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2008, 11:44:41 pm »
add another WACKO to the list   :o of odd repuplicans

OBAMA WILL SOON BE IN CHARGE !

This person is nuts !

happy voting ,

Karl
" Live and let Live "

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2008, 12:56:20 am »
What gets me is that what the American public calls "liberal", the British public calls "Tory".

::)

All this "anti-America" stuff makes me want to puke. It seems that if you're not content to see the country bombasted back into the stone age, you're branded "anti-America". It's sad.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2008, 05:54:07 am »
The Republicans are milking this for all its worth.  "Nasty" is the word, they are simplifying and distorting a lot about Ayers and also about Obama's "palling" around with him. 

No official is being stupid here, however, as many "common" Americans would consider Ayers an uncomfortable link to a President. Remember it was Hillary who brought it up, and warned that the Rebublicans would attack Obama on this point.  She is right. But then, her husband pardoned such "terrorists" (60's radicals), so she could have been guilty by association as well.

Such smears rest of the surface and show-biz potential of the actual stories they are base upon. It seems to be a given that even news organisations will not ask viewers and interview subjects to think deeper about the contradictions or idiocies the smear is based upon. 

I wonder if Obama can really ignore this, in the manner of rising above it and simply dismissing it as smear tactics that Americans don't want.  Clearly some Americans are swayed by such smears.

Its kind of witch-hunty mccarthy like - "have you ever had coffee with a communist?" so you too must be a communist.

Its pathetic that McCain and ilk base this whole smear on the "terrorist" fear and panic and "us and them" aggression Bush so successfully constructed in the American public over 8 years. McCain is such a hypocrite (what about his "change" from Bush) but I guess he figures the end justifies the means.

« Last Edit: October 18, 2008, 05:57:51 am by mecch »
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2008, 05:55:58 am »
oops, hit wrong key.

I can add that it seems to me sad that the Republican candidates and political machine chooses to speak to the lowest common denominator this way.  I mean its unfair to talk about them as "pals".

On the other hand, face facts, many Americans are indeed uncomfortable with radical politics and wouldn't want a President with a shadow of "radical left" on him(her). So they have a right to vote against it.

I guess (we) lefties can thank our lucky stars that it is Ayers, the bogeyman, and not some ex Black Panther. That really would have been curtains for Obama. 

« Last Edit: October 18, 2008, 06:05:09 am by mecch »
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline Peter Staley

• Founder & Advisory Editor, AIDSmeds.com
    • AIDSmeds.com
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2008, 08:56:05 am »
I watched this live as well.  The money quote comes at the very end of the 2nd part, where she calls for an "close examination" of how many members of Congress are "anti-American."  A pure McCarthy moment.

It was one of those great Chris Matthews moments, when he cornered one of the right-wing nut cases into a moment of embarrassing honesty.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2008, 01:46:22 pm »
btw, Bachmann's outburst has raised $153,000 in about 14 hours.  Please feel free to contribute at Act Blue to seal her fate in 2.5 weeks, as her opponent has the capacity to win.  Current polling shows only a 4 pt. deficit with fully 15% undecided voters considering the country on the "wrong track".

Also, you can sign a petition for Congress to censure Bachmann here.

Offline marc11864

• I apologize for nothing!
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2008, 06:00:06 pm »
 The irony is that they've been using these types of tactics since the beginning of the campaign and McCain has been only just holding his own or been slipping further and further into the tank. You would think that at some point, the Repubs would wise up!

"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results"

Benjamin Franklin

::)           
Let us cavort like the Greeks of old! You know the ones I mean.

Offline pozguy75

• POZitively Speaking
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2008, 06:26:58 pm »
Yes, I saw this live too...I find it scary just how far the GOP is willing to go...they all drink the kool-aid!

Absolutely frightening!
Dx 2005
ATRIPLA

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2008, 08:34:13 pm »
$620,000 raised in 48 hours. 

Oh, and check this out -- Bachmann's now lying and saying that she didn't say what she said:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAUw5tWh098

btw, if you didn't catch it -- after Colin Powell endorsed Obama on Meet the Press this morning he spoke with reporters outside of the NBC studios and actually referenced Bachmann and what she said as an example of what's gone very wrong with Republicans lately.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2008, 08:35:45 pm by philly267 »

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2008, 07:19:30 pm »
link

DCCC just announced that it will spend $1 million additional to unseat Bachmann.

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2008, 08:15:27 pm »
Wow.  That Bachmann denial was something else.  Um...hello?  There WAS a camera in your face when you said all that, you know.

Jeez.
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline Funkengruven

« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2008, 12:09:46 pm »
I live in this Mrs. Crazy's district.  Before heading to Washington DC she was a Minnesota state Senator, whose big goal was to remove all mention of GLBT from the state's human rights bill.  I just wanted to say thanks to anyone who has donated money, spoken out against her, or just passed the information on.  There are a lot of people doing everything they can to get this woman out!

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2008, 12:17:12 pm »
Oh yeah, Michelle is VERY anti-gay.  She once HID IN THE BUSHES to spy on a GLBT rally and was caught on camera.  Witness the crazy:

http://www.eleventh-avenue-south.com/archives/000491.html

Offline Peter Staley

• Founder & Advisory Editor, AIDSmeds.com
    • AIDSmeds.com
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2008, 12:29:08 pm »
Pollster.com shows her about 10 points ahead, but the last polls were about 10 days ago, well before her Hardball fiasco:

http://www.pollster.com/polls/mn/08-mn-06-ge-bvt.php

Tinklenberg could pull an upset here, especially with his new campaign kitty (donate now!).

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2008, 12:55:10 pm »

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2008, 08:50:28 pm »
the NRCC has now pulled all is advertising for Michelle Bachmann. 

National GOP Pulling Financial Support For Michele Bachmann

A Republican source has confirmed to Election Central that the NRCC is indeed pulling all its advertising for Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-MN), whose antics since her McCarthyist rant on Hardball have quickly put this once-safe incumbent in serious danger. Several hundred-thousand dollars worth of TV time had previously been reserved on Bachmann's behalf, but now it has all been cancelled, as Huffington Post first reported.

Bear in mind that Bachmann was heavily favored to win re-election before this whole mess happened, but since then her Democratic opponent has received $1.3 million in online donations and another $1 million in commitments from the DCCC. The national party is now directing its attention to other races.

Bachmann could still potentially win, as this district voted 57%-42% for George W. Bush in 2004. But she's now on her own. It's a rare thing for a national party to totally cut off an incumbent, so this should give you an idea of just how unpopular Bachmann is among Washington Republicans right now.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.