Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 12:37:22 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772784
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 244
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 232
Total: 233

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Home is where the Haart is......  (Read 8708 times)

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
Home is where the Haart is......
« on: September 06, 2007, 07:51:01 pm »
Hello Brothers and Sisters~~~

Not sure if anyone noticed that I was gone but I am back..I hope someone missed me... ;) I decided to combine to subjects into one thread thus the title.

I have finally gotten into my new place and now has a roomie and 3 cats, 4 including Lucifer. Not sure if any of you peeped the women's thread but was having a hard time moving at first but then when that got taken care of, I had issues with the gas company. The main problem was identity theft but the trip was that the gas company wasn't believing what I was trying to tell them even after filing a police report and notarizing their identity theft form. So I had to sick the Public Utility Commission and Federal Trade Commission on their asses. I may be ghetto but knows who to talk to when being blown off.

Now let's move onto the ID doc appointment which was yesterday. Just when I thought I was getting the diabetes under control here comes a curve from hiv. 3 months ago my cd4/vl was 340/24,700, it is now 215/16.590. I guess you know, it is time for Haart. Once the ID doc offices calls in the scripts, I will be on Atripla, Abacavir, Bactrim, and Diflucan. It seems I have developed a bad case of thrush which is going down my throat. Maybe someone can answer a few questions for me. Why is my cd4 dropping when my viral load is dropping? I would've thought the cd4 would go up. And I am on medicare part D and access card from Public Assistance, will this cover co-pays of Haart meds? I'm thinking since Philly is in my state he may know the answer to this.

I am not sad or upset because I knew this day would come and I pretty much know what to expect or look out for from those who are already on Atripla. So no worries here. My percentage went up from 14 to 17 so that is good. I was told I was no longer anemic. Oh, you must finally be taking the iron pills....Um, no, I actually have changed my diet, so I must be doing something right there.

So what's next? Due to the new numbers, I will have another appointment in 2 months with a blood draw before I come in to see how I will be doing on the Atripla. I was actually proud of myself with the diabetes because I have been monitoring it faithfully and has actually had fasting sugar of 91. I have an appointment with my primary doc next week to discuss some things. I may not have to go on Lantus pen after all but primary wants me to call in once a week to report how my sugars are doing. We are still not seeing eye to eye on the metformin because 1000 mgs does terrible things to my stomach. He wants me to take it once a day but I take it when my sugars are sky high which is usually when I eat something I shouldn't. I don't do this all the time but has my moments....... ;)
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

Offline milker

• Protected phone sex
Re: Home is where the Haart is......
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2007, 09:12:52 pm »
Hi Queen,

I'm unable to answer those specific questions, but I wish you luck with your meds, they seem to work well fast, so I'll be ready when it's time to dance :)

Milker.
mid-dec: stupid ass
mid-jan: seroconversion
mid-feb: poz
mar 07: cd4 432 (35%) vl 54000
may 07: cd4 399 (28%) vl 27760
jul 07: cd4 403 (26%) vl 99241
oct 07: cd4 353 (24%) vl 29993
jan 08: cd4 332 (26%) vl 33308
mar 08: cd4 392 (23%) vl 75548
jun 08: cd4 325 (27%) vl 45880
oct 08: cd4 197 (20%) vl 154000 <== aids diagnosis
nov 2 08 start Atripla
nov 30 08: cd4 478 (23%) vl 1880 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
feb 19 09: cd4 398 (24%) vl 430 getting there!
apr 23 09: cd4 604 (29%) vl 50 woohoo :D :D
jul 30 09: cd4 512 (29%) vl undetectable :D :D
may 27 10: cd4 655 (32%) vl undetectable :D :D

Now accepting applications from blowjob ninjas™

Offline libvet

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2007, 09:35:44 pm »
I hope you find that the meds cause you as little problems as they have for me.   The sustiva part of the Atripla might make you feel a little weird for a few days...but it's in passing.   Not real sure why the Bactrim was added.   I dropped the Bactrim as soon as I had two consistent cd4 counts over 200 and if you start on the Atripla, there isn't really any reason to assume that your counts are going to go any further down.  Of course that's just my opinion.

I know we'd all just as soon not to have to take any meds, but for most of us, they do work when taken correctly.

Seems to me that you have the right attitude for taking them and the knowledge to be an active partner in your own health care, so I'm confident that you are going to do great.

Wish I could offer something substantial in answer to your questions, but unfortunately the best I can offer is moral support.

Michael

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2007, 10:05:48 pm »
Oh dear Queen-
  You didn't post all this information in the women's forum, about your health.  So sorry to hear about the thrush.  It's such a bitch.  When I get it, I try to brush it off with my toothbrush.  Just avoid spicey foods.  Hope the Diflucan works fast for ya.  I imagine your doc put you on Bactrim to avoid PCP.  At least, that is what my doc put me on it for, but for me it was to avoid another bout of PCP.
     Good to hear about your blood sugars.  Mine are out of control right now and I take Lantus and Metformin.  It's definitely my diet. 
     I have Medicare Part D, but I'm not sure exactly which plan I have.  But it covers 100% of my meds.  It seems like yours should be covered.  Do you have a contact person at your ASO that could sort this out for you?
     Look forward to chatting more with you in the women's thread.  Good luck and keep us posted!
Love ya-
Betty
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline emeraldize

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2007, 10:07:40 pm »
GQ

Glad you're settled and plugged back into the Forums.

Sorry to learn your numbers have reached that point, but taking close note of your level-headed approach. I know there are no guarantees and you've had a long, med-free run.

I wish I could help you with the co-pay navigation, but would like to think your CM at the ASO will assist you.

Congrats on the iron, sugar and lifestyle levels.

Em

Offline northernguy

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2007, 10:11:35 pm »
Keep us posted on how things go with the meds.  We all (almost all) end up there too.
Apr 28/06 cd4 600 vl 10,600 cd% 25
Nov 8/09 cd4 510 vl 49,5000 cd% 16
Jan 16/10 cd4 660 vl 54,309 cd% 16
Feb 17/10 Started Atripla
Mar 7/10 cd4 710 vl 1,076 cd% 21
Apr 18/10 cd4 920 vl 268 cd% 28
Jun 19/10 cd4 450 vl 60 cd% 25
Aug 15/10 cd4 680 vl 205 cd% 27
Apr 3/11 cd4 780 vl <40 cd% 30
Jul 17/11 cd4 960 vl <40 cd%33
April 15/12 cd4 1,010 vl <40 cd% 39
April 20/12 Switched to Viramune + Truvada
Aug 2/12 cd4 1040, vl <40, cd% 38
Oct 19 cd4 1,110 vl <40 cd% 41

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2007, 10:28:13 pm »
Oh, my Queen!

Yes, I had noticed you hadn't been around so much lately.  I am so sorry to hear about the decline in CD4s and the throat thrush.  I have had that and know it can be excruciating.  When I had it, I went almost totally on a liquid diet to get nutrients while minimizing the need to swallow as much as possible.  Also sprayed Cloraseptic like you wouldn't believe. 

As for being prescribed Bactrin, I offer the following guess:  You said your latest number was 215.  Those lab results usually take a few weeks to get back, so that is technically the CD4 number from a couple of weeks ago, right?  That means you could possibly be below the 200 mark now- thus putting you within more of the "oh shit" zone for more of the rotten OI's.  Getting at least a temporary scrip for Bactrin is a good move (in my opinion).  Let's make sure you're on the road back up before taking you off of it- UNLESS you see you are having troubles with it...like a heavy rash & stuff.  Believe me, if you are having troubles with it- you'll know.  If that is the case, you can opt for Dapsone.  That one worked great for me.  They can also give you a pentamidine inhalation treatment if Bactrin is problematic. 

Someone else can probably give you a better explanation about the CD4 vs. VL counts (why both are currently dropping).  Meantime, I can only offer that I have been told that while that is generally true that one goes up while one goes down, the two numbers are not precise in that regard.  There is some fluidity in the way they go up and down.  Also why people on here always say to look for "trends" up or down to make medical decisions because the numbers can fluctuate some.

*sigh*

On the good side:  It looks like you are holding your own with the diabetes thing for the time being AND you have established your reign in a new castle, eh?  I'm happy to hear that from you, girl.  Wow! 

You'll make it throught the meds adjustments- I know you will.  And when the going gets rough, you've got us, a new roomie and FOUR cats to help ya through.

Your loyal subject,

Thunter Bunny   ;)
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline Iggy

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2007, 10:44:41 pm »
Glad you are moved in though sorry the shit you had to go through to get settled.

I appreciate the meds situation very much as methinks meds are coming within another bloodtest or two myself....just sort of feel it.

Here's to the class or 2007-2008, huh?

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2007, 11:38:11 pm »
Sounds like you need a little Sam Cooke baby, every time I hear him sing this song I think of you. :-*

A Change Is Gonna Come by Sam Cooke

I was born by the river in a little tent
Oh and just like the river I've been running ever since
It's been a long, a long time coming
But I know a change gonna come, oh yes it will

It's been too hard living but I'm afraid to die
Cause I don't know what's up there beyond the sky

I go to the movie and I go downtown
somebody keep telling me don't hang around

Then I go to my brother
And I say brother help me please
But he winds up knockin' me
Back down on my knees

Ohhhhhhhhh.....

There been times that I thought I couldn't last for long
But now I think I'm able to carry on

Dig it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4kMnMM2Fmk

« Last Edit: September 06, 2007, 11:41:20 pm by Dachshund »

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2007, 12:03:38 am »
Oh dear Queen-
  You didn't post all this information in the women's forum, about your health.  So sorry to hear about the thrush.  It's such a bitch.  When I get it, I try to brush it off with my toothbrush.  Just avoid spicey foods.  Hope the Diflucan works fast for ya.  I imagine your doc put you on Bactrim to avoid PCP.  At least, that is what my doc put me on it for, but for me it was to avoid another bout of PCP.
     Good to hear about your blood sugars.  Mine are out of control right now and I take Lantus and Metformin.  It's definitely my diet. 
     I have Medicare Part D, but I'm not sure exactly which plan I have.  But it covers 100% of my meds.  It seems like yours should be covered.  Do you have a contact person at your ASO that could sort this out for you?
     Look forward to chatting more with you in the women's thread.  Good luck and keep us posted!

I didn't want to overload the ladies in the women's forum. I thought I had written enough just explaining the move. I have tried to brush my tongue but then the gaggin reflex kicks in. I know I left myself open for a few jokes behind that line.. :D Girl, what do you mean give up spicy food? I'm black and rican, I can never give up spicy food. I gotta have my hot peppers and hot sauce.... ;D

At one point my primary doc was talking about having me stay on all 3 of my pills plus the lantus shot. I thought that was a bit extreme considering my blood sugars never go past 200 unless I ate something sweet like ice cream which I did the night before and woke up to a fasting sugar of 272. Popped my pills and checked back later to it dropping down to 136, if I would've taken the metformin, just one 1000mg pill would have dropped me too low, I did this before and ended up having a blood sugar of 71. Which left me shaking like a junkie looking for his next fix. No offense to anyone just the best way to describe it.

My ASO was trying to get a hold of Medicare for me on Wednesday so they can send me a card for my Rx. I will call my nurse and see if medicare covers it. I know it will take a few days for them to get the haart meds so I will prolly not get to start them til next week sometime.
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2007, 12:06:26 am »
Oh how I loves me some Aunty D. I wish a change would come and pretty freaking quick!!!! But I am grateful that my main problems have worked themselves out but it would be nice to have a day when I don't have to worry about something. It seems like once I jump on hurdle another one appears, higher than the last one. I kinda feel like Wylie Coyote or Charlie Brown when he goes to kick the football and Lucy pulls it away at the last minute.
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2007, 12:18:19 am »
Oh, my Queen!

Yes, I had noticed you hadn't been around so much lately.  I am so sorry to hear about the decline in CD4s and the throat thrush.  I have had that and know it can be excruciating.  When I had it, I went almost totally on a liquid diet to get nutrients while minimizing the need to swallow as much as possible.  Also sprayed Cloraseptic like you wouldn't believe. 

As for being prescribed Bactrin, I offer the following guess:  You said your latest number was 215.  Those lab results usually take a few weeks to get back, so that is technically the CD4 number from a couple of weeks ago, right?  That means you could possibly be below the 200 mark now- thus putting you within more of the "oh shit" zone for more of the rotten OI's.  Getting at least a temporary scrip for Bactrin is a good move (in my opinion).  Let's make sure you're on the road back up before taking you off of it- UNLESS you see you are having troubles with it...like a heavy rash & stuff.  Believe me, if you are having troubles with it- you'll know.  If that is the case, you can opt for Dapsone.  That one worked great for me.  They can also give you a pentamidine inhalation treatment if Bactrin is problematic. 

Someone else can probably give you a better explanation about the CD4 vs. VL counts (why both are currently dropping).  Meantime, I can only offer that I have been told that while that is generally true that one goes up while one goes down, the two numbers are not precise in that regard.  There is some fluidity in the way they go up and down.  Also why people on here always say to look for "trends" up or down to make medical decisions because the numbers can fluctuate some.

*sigh*

On the good side:  It looks like you are holding your own with the diabetes thing for the time being AND you have established your reign in a new castle, eh?  I'm happy to hear that from you, girl.  Wow! 

You'll make it throught the meds adjustments- I know you will.  And when the going gets rough, you've got us, a new roomie and FOUR cats to help ya through.

Your loyal subject,

Thunter Bunny   ;)

With the thrush, my tongue seems to hurt the most. Even when I drink some Pepsi it stings and eating has its moments too. But since it has been so hot the past few days, I haven't eaten much. Actually the bloodwork was done on the 28th before the holiday so I don't think it dropped below 200 that fast or at least I hope not. And my ID appointment was on the 5th. He put me on the bactrim to protect me from PCP. He says if he sees a significant rise of cd4 then he will take me off of it. He says the trush could be from the hiv and the diabetes combined but also had a bacterial infection down south too which flipped into a yeast infection. OMG, you talk about someone scratching, you would've thought I had crabs.... ;D But only scratched in private but was doing a helluva rub in my car today..... ;D

With my cd4, I notice when my cd4 goes up then vl goes up. When cd4 goes down vl goes down. The doc says that it is my body still trying to fight the virus. But I will do what I must. Now my goal is to get use to the pills and pray for no side effects. I'm not sure I am going to like the drunken sustiva feeling but hopefully that will go away. And I hope there is no conflict with smoking the good green. And if all else fails I still have my Thunter Bunny.... :-*
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2007, 12:21:42 am »
And if all else fails I still have my Thunter Bunny.... :-*

Always.
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2007, 12:23:44 am »
GQ

You are so right. I have been blessed to be able to have gone this long w/o meds. But I am ready now to take them and has become more proactive when it comes to my health. My ID doc even noticed it, there was a time when I use to always miss the appointments or not do as I was told. I guess I thought I was invincible but my old CM was the one to get me to start being more proactive about things. Since then he has passed but I made a promise to myself and to him that I would stick with it. And I have and I am proud of myself for that.

6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline Jean-Yves

• Meow!
    • Home for Sign of the Tiger
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2007, 12:24:09 am »
I'm not sure about ADAP up in PA, but in DE they not only pay for 100% of my co-pay, they also pay the premium on my part D.

Jean-Yves

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2007, 12:29:06 am »
I'm not sure about ADAP up in PA, but in DE they not only pay for 100% of my co-pay, they also pay the premium on my part D.

Jean-Yves

I am hoping that is the case here in Pa...
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline Nadine

« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2007, 06:22:32 am »
Glad to hear you are getting settled in your new place.

Best of luck with the meds.  I have no personal experience, but hubby seems to tolerate Atripla fairly well and it sure does kick virus ass  :)  Keep us posted.

Offline aztecan

• 36 years positive, 64 years a pain in the butt
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2007, 10:38:48 am »
Akasha,

Honey, you'll do fine on the meds. You are too ornery not to!  ;)

As for the gag reflex - it is taking all my will power not to comment.

Although you must know that only virgins and amateurs have gag reflexes. The rest of us learned long ago how to swallow!  :o :o :o

BIG HUGS,

Mark
"May your life preach more loudly than your lips."
~ William Ellery Channing (Unitarian Minister)

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2007, 07:18:57 pm »
Akasha,

Honey, you'll do fine on the meds. You are too ornery not to!  ;)

As for the gag reflex - it is taking all my will power not to comment.

Although you must know that only virgins and amateurs have gag reflexes. The rest of us learned long ago how to swallow!  :o :o :o

BIG HUGS,

Mark

Ok, so we know I am not a virigin, although I feel like one again, it has been quite awhile.
And I would consider myself an amatuer when it comes to oral, I still can count on one hand the people I have blown..And if I am not gaggin, my jaw tries to lock on me. I have no problem with the act itself, just trying to do it seems to be the problem. Let me quit, I'm doing too much... ;D
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

• Cheech 2.2.94 - 4.23.10 We miss you so much!
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2007, 08:28:34 pm »
To My Green Queen GF~

So much to say to you here!  I can't believe that 3 pills PLUS Lantus is what the doc wants.  I know all too well "runnin' for the fix" in the kitchen when my sugars drop!  Get me a BIG bowl of Lucky Charms, cause the hunger kicks in, too!  You eat really well and low-carb most of the time, so maybe you can just do one or the other, pills or Lantus.  Diabetes is a sensitive balancing act, but you can always go on or off insulin to suit your needs, under the doc's advice.

Yeast is a BEAST!  Oh yes, being a diabetic makes you oh-so-much-more PRONE to the poison ivy down under!  Nothing you can do but pay an arm and a leg for something to help it go away.  High blood sugars will encourage those little critters to come back, so watch your diet!  Start drinking DIET soda, GF!  You're pouring Aunt Jemima right down your throat with the regular sodas!

Sustiva and the side effects......Everyone has their own story, but I think the loopy-loo stuff is kinda funny.  Its pretty mild, but some nights are stronger than others.  Will you be taking your Atripla at bedtime?  I would if I were you, lol!  It feels like trying to walk on a row boat on choppy water, a little bit of a wobbly feeling, esp in the head, about 2 hours after the dose.  Or kinda like after you get off of the Tilt-A-Whirl at the amusement park and can't quite keep your legs under you?  LOL  For me it hasn't been severe at all, and if you time it just right, say take your pill about 2 hours before bed, then the Sustiva can actually help you FALL asleep.  Now, if you happen to wake up later in the evening?  Well, you've seen MY sleeping habits of late!  I actually think its the diabetes that wakes me up, cause I'll have to use the bathroom, and then I can't get back to sleep.  I have heard Sustiva can cause insomnia.

I want to hear how playing the PS2 is when that shit kicks in!   :D  (Don't spray me with the hose for that one, ok?  Just go chase Lucifer with it!)

Lastly, and certainly not least, I am so proud that you have persevered for this long without meds.  Each one of us is different as far as our health and how our bodies react to this virus.  The fact that you have gone 10 years plus is nothing to be scoffed at. 

Be proud of yourself, GF, I sure am, and I'm glad to be your friend here!

"Tito, pass me a tissue......"

Love,

~Cindy   :-*   Big hugs for my girl!  What a trooper!

« Last Edit: September 08, 2007, 01:08:17 am by MOONLIGHT1114 »
HIV+ since '93, 1/12 - CD4 785 and undet.   WOO-HOO!!

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2007, 08:49:52 pm »
Queen, with your medication for thrush eat yogurt it helps. You can get the kind with fruit in it. I had esophageal thrush beside it being on my tongue. Warm salt water rinses helps too with soreness. Just don't gag.  ;)

Offline AlanBama

• Alabama: the 'other' 3rd World Country!
« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2007, 08:55:42 pm »
Queen,

Best of luck at your new home honey, and I am really hopeful about you starting the meds.....hope it will work out well for you, and that you will tolerate them.   You definitely are going into this with the right attitude...

Keep us posted (and I know you will, I love you because you are the one who KEEPS IT REAL)

hugs,

Alan   :-*
"Remember my sentimental friend that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others." - The Wizard of Oz

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2007, 09:19:26 pm »
Cindy~~

Girl, that is just what he meant, all 3 and the lantus pen but then when I said it was extreme, he says that I may not need the pen. But I would rather have the pen once a day and no pills. Going grocery shopping next week so I am going to stock up on some romaine lettuce, you know how I love my salads.

All these bacterial infections and yeast infections need to stop. I am not liking it at all. I took one diflucan and has another script for a 15 day supply from ID doc. But I decided to switch to a closer pharmacy which just flipped into a Rite Aide, so they don't have their stuff together yet. Hopefully they will have the Haart meds on Monday like they told me but I told them I won't be in to get them til Wednesday cause I'm not sure if there is a co-pay for Haart meds when you have Medicare Part D. I have to take the Atripla at night but if the Sustiva will make me drowsy then I don't see many late nights anymore. But will remember to watch something more erotic before bedtime, I don't want no nightmares..... ;D

Like I said, I am grateful to have gone as long as I have w/o meds. I am just hoping now that I can handle the meds. Hell, a pain pill does a number on me. My goal is to reach undetectable which should be attainable soon I would think since my vl isn't that high.
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2007, 09:28:27 pm »
Queen,

Best of luck at your new home honey, and I am really hopeful about you starting the meds.....hope it will work out well for you, and that you will tolerate them.   You definitely are going into this with the right attitude...

Keep us posted (and I know you will, I love you because you are the one who KEEPS IT REAL)

hugs,

Alan   :-*

Thanks for the vote of confidence. Oh, you know I will definitely keep my fam posted. I have to stay focused when it comes to this battle with my bug. Who is gonna take care of me but me. ;)
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2007, 09:32:09 pm »
Queen, with your medication for thrush eat yogurt it helps. You can get the kind with fruit in it. I had esophageal thrush beside it being on my tongue. Warm salt water rinses helps too with soreness. Just don't gag.  ;)

I will add yogurt to the grocery list, any specific kind? I took the one diflucan that my gyn prescribed and it did wonders for the soreness. I am waiting for my 15 day supply which my ID doc says should knock it out. I won't gag but can gargle a little ditty for you....any requests? ;D
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline cjc

• Sweet Girl
« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2007, 10:43:37 pm »
Hello, Queen. Sorry you have to start meds but your outlook abouy it is Great. I take Atripla and hope you have minimal sides like I do. Love Ya.    Cristy

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.