Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 09:06:12 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37635
  • Latest: Ranoye
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773156
  • Total Topics: 66328
  • Online Today: 248
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 181
Total: 181

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Music and inspiration  (Read 8051 times)

Offline tigger2376

• too bad to die youngish!
Music and inspiration
« on: May 29, 2007, 07:50:20 pm »
Other people have posted some songs and poetry that have really inspired/helped or just moved them, (you know who you are, so thanks for the idea for this thread). But what song/book/quote keeps people strong? Whats made you laugh or cry?. I know as a LTS I'm a relatively  'new' one...7 years in 4 days time, but without some artistic inspiration it would have been a whole lot harder

For me, great stories like 'Catcher in the Rye' still make me glad to be alive, and knowing that theres going to be great stuff written that I want to be around to read

Listening to Janis Joplin makes me cry, and determined to stay alive, WH Auden makes me laugh AND cry
Whilst some of my choices may be cliched, I guess thats coz they're widely appreciated

More obscurely, Led Zeppelin, battle of evermore, and Aerosmith walk this way are my 'get out there and give the buggers hell' songs...what helps you make it through?
I know i'm going to enjoy the party in the afterlife, but do you all mind that I'm going to be VERY late!!!

Offline DanielMark

Re: Music and inspiration
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2007, 05:26:41 am »
Well there are many, Tigger. Several by Josh Groban get to me lately, among them, “Let Me Fall.”

Let me fall
Let me climb
There's a moment when fear
And dreams must collide

Someone I am
Is waiting for courage
The one I want
The one I will become
Will catch me

So let me fall
If I must fall
I won't heed your warnings
I won't hear them

Let me fall
If I fall
Though the phoenix may
Or may not rise

I will dance so freely
Holding on to no one
You can hold me only
If you too will fall
Away from all these
Useless fears and chains

Someone I am
Is waiting for my courage
The one I want
The one I will become
Will catch me

So let me fall
If I must fall
I won't heed your warnings
I won't hear

Let me fall
If I fall
There's no reason
To miss this one chance
This perfect moment
Just let me fall

Music: James Corcoran
Lyrics: Benoit Jutras

Daniel
MEDS: REYATAZ & KIVEXA (SINCE AUG 2008)

MAY 2000 LAB RESULTS: CD4 678
VL STILL UNDETECTABLE

DIAGNOSED IN 1988

Offline Andy101

• Hello there,, How are ya ???
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2007, 07:47:15 pm »
Hi there Tigger,,

just read your post and knew i had to add my quota,, i dont eben know if im aloowed to do this but hey,, if i dont try i wont know.

I fully understand and agree that certain musical lyrics inspire and comfort you in times if need. I was diagnosed in 2005,, so yeah im a very new newbie,,lol,, but the way i was treated but friends and some family when i was diagnosed really pissed me off. So much i did a website, to vent my anger and frustrations,,

BUT, this site soon turned into a dedication to the friends that i had, and to the friends that I have made since my diagnosis. There is music on every page, and the music i feel is very relevent to my life now,, it makes me laugh, cry, think and wonder at the what if's on life,, but above all, it makes me realise thow lucky I am o have friends,that i can happily sit down and chat to when ever i need to.

Like I said,, i dont know if i can do this,, but i would like to post my site address  to see what others think,, its a totaly free site,  and i do not ask for any contributioons or payments of any kind,, just maybe comments and suggestions on how i can improve the site,, I hope you check it out and listen to the music while reading the pages,,

Andy

www.freewebs.com/sheafy

p.s. i hope i havent broken any rules of the forums by doing this

Andy
still thinking about this one !!!

Offline DanielMark

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2007, 07:08:01 am »
This may not be an inspirational song per se, but it has helped me in working through grieving lost loved ones.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaQjPacsZgE

TO WHERE YOU ARE

Who can say for certain
Maybe you're still here
I feel you all around me
Your memory's so clear

Deep in the stillness
I can hear you speak
You're still an inspiration
Can it be
That you are mine
Forever love
And you are watching over me from up above

Fly me up to where you are
Beyond the distant star
I wish upon tonight
To see you smile
If only for awhile to know you're there
A breath away's not far
To where you are

Are you gently sleeping
Here inside my dream
And isn't faith believing
All power can't be seen

As my heart holds you
Just one beat away
I cherish all you gave me everyday
'Cause you are my
Forever love
Watching me from up above

And I believe
That angels breathe
And that love will live on and never leave

Fly me up
To where you are
Beyond the distant star
I wish upon tonight
To see you smile
If only for awhile
To know you're there
A breath away's not far
To where you are

I know you're there
A breath away's not far
To where you are

Daniel
MEDS: REYATAZ & KIVEXA (SINCE AUG 2008)

MAY 2000 LAB RESULTS: CD4 678
VL STILL UNDETECTABLE

DIAGNOSED IN 1988

Offline kellyspoppi

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2007, 07:41:33 am »
there is much inspiration out there from all kinds of music, and when a particular song comes over the radio at a time when i am down, i really try to take the time to take it all in.
instant gratification you might say.

but i would also like to provide you with a few books to help deal with 3 issues which may be troubling you while dealing with your life with hiv.

like daniel, if you have lost others to aids, especially a partner or close friend, the books i have read that gave me a sense that they were still a presence in my life were:

"many masters, many lives" & "speaking to the masters" both by dr brian weiss
"journey of the souls" dr jonathan rosenburg (? not totally sure on the author)

for inspiration:

"how i survive aids" by niko markoff assistent
"tuesdays with maurie" by mitch album

and finally, this book has opened my eyes to many aspects of why i am here and what is my purpose:

"celestine prophesy" by james redfield

hope these help answer your question.

kellyspoppi

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.