Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:09:42 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772946
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 391
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 347
Total: 347

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Role of the next AMG coordinator  (Read 5409 times)

Offline allanq

Role of the next AMG coordinator
« on: December 21, 2007, 05:14:31 pm »
Dennis put a huge amount of work into the San Francisco AMG. I've listed below some of the tasks that I can think of. There are probably others that I'm not even aware of.

•   Selected a suitable hotel and negotiated a good price. This required continued communication and coordination with the hotel.
   •   Researched possible venues for the Meet & Greet and worked with the Crimson Lounge on all the arrangements.
   •   Rented audio equipment for the Meet & Greet.
   •   Took care of collecting money for the Meet & Greet.
   •   Coordinated T-shirt production and distribution.
   •   Gathered song suggestions and assembled them into a CD.
   •   Physically produced the CD's (including the artwork)
   •   Coordinated with SF agencies for free Muni passes (and a welcome letter from the Mayor!).
   •   Assembled the welcome packets, including the printing of info and maps, and obtaining colorful cloth bags for the packets.
   •   Arranged the social hours, including purchase of beverages and a cooler.
   •   Paid airline fees for overweight baggage to bring AMG material from Florida to San Francisco.

I'm bringing this up because whoever the AMG Coordinator for the next event may be, we should not expect him or her to have to put so much time and money into it.

If we want some of these things done at future AMG'S (e.g., CD's, social hour refreshments, T-shirts, printing up information packets), we need to have these tasks distributed among the attendees. I also suggest that the coordinator should keep track of out-of-pocket expenses and that attendees should be asked to compensate him or her for those expenses. Spread among forty or more attendees, this would be a relatively small amount per person.

Allan

P.S. Dennis, if you are reading this, I hope you don't feel that I'm out of line in bringing up this subject.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2007, 06:53:51 pm by allanq »

Offline mjmel

Re: Role of the next AMG coordinator
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2007, 09:34:12 am »
I appreciate this was a coordinated effort between several volunteers. So it's not in anyway meant to diminish the efforts and work of the others when I write that Dennis is truly talented and good at this kind of thing. Even our name tags for Meet and Greet night had our pictures, forum id's and real names printed on them. I did not anticipate such attention to detail.  An outstanding job done with a special touch on everything he created.
Again, Kudos to all those who brought it all together for our enjoyment.
 :)
Mike M

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.