Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 07:30:39 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772787
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 290
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 215
Total: 217

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: OBAMANIA  (Read 26365 times)

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
Re: OBAMANIA
« Reply #50 on: February 22, 2008, 06:51:13 pm »
Here's the ONE great reason to vote for Obama!  CLICK QUICKLY!

http://bushclintonforever.googlepages.com/

Not likely but pretty funny.

Offline DCGUY2007

« Reply #51 on: February 25, 2008, 02:57:31 am »
I have watched Obama's speeches many many times. I am amazed that he has mentioned Gays in a positive way in his speeches many times. I haven't seen others do this in their speeches much, if at all.  I think among other things this is very commenable.

Whether he wins or not I like the fact that Obama wants to reach across party lines and also speaks about uniting the country. Other politicians have discussed inclusion in the pass but not as specific as Obama has in his speeches. I have to say despite Obama mentioning inclusion of Gays in his speeches etc I have come across many Gays that won't vote for him. Unfortunately there are also still many people that will never vote for him even if he walked on water and was God himself. Racism is still alive in this country. It is unfortunately also still alive within the Gay community. Of course there are a lot of good people as we have seen that will vote for a candidate regardless of race.

I also worry alot about Obama being assasinated. I watch a speech he gave in Ohio today and there was this guy in the audience standing up with his hands folded across his chest with a look on his face like he could kill Obama. He never clapped during the speech or smiled and kept his arms folded the entire time with this look of anger at Obama. I have personally seen this type of look before in some people and I just walk the other way when I see it. But to see this on television it made me think of how much some people are not happy at all about Obama doing so well.  Although the country is changing it is still a slow process.

Sometimes I actually wish Obama would get out of the race because I am truly scared for his safety. There are many many people white black and Gay that are for Obama which is great and shows progress. But it only takes one crazy person to try something. This scares me. It especially worries me when I see how much people within the Democratic party want to win at all cost regardless of the Republican party. But hopefully I am wrong and things will go well for him. Regardless of what happens Obama has started a change that I hope will continue. For the first time I am finally seeing more diversity in the news room and on news stations. I hope this stays regardless of the election.

Offline Cliff

« Reply #52 on: February 25, 2008, 04:04:37 am »
I also worry alot about Obama being assasinated. I watch a speech he gave in Ohio today and there was this guy in the audience standing up with his hands folded across his chest with a look on his face like he could kill Obama. He never clapped during the speech or smiled and kept his arms folded the entire time with this look of anger at Obama. I have personally seen this type of look before in some people and I just walk the other way when I see it.
LOL.  Sounds like you were a secret service agent in your past life.

I'm not worried.  And certainly it's not a valid reason for someone to avoid running for President.  Otherwise, it means that forever the highest office will go to a straight, white, male, Protestant, simply because to choose otherwise would risk assassination by a nutjob.  Plus, I think people downplay the risk to Hillary Clinton.  Women are at risk from nutjobs too!  Actually I think all Presidents are. 

Offline next2u

« Reply #53 on: February 25, 2008, 04:55:05 am »
i heard obama say universal healthcare. will it come to fruition? heaven only knows. if it does, wow, i can work anywhere and lower my standards for future employment. shit, i have a degree, only a hop skip and a jump away from a teaching credential if all else fails. i mean, seriously, with a universal healthcare plan my taxes would be higher but it would be one less thing to worry about. one major less thing to worry about. but then again, it does just sound like pretty words.
midapr07 - seroconversion
sept07 - tested poz
oct07 cd4 1013; vl 13,900; cd4% 41
feb08 cd4  694;  vl 16,160; cd4% 50.1
may08 cd4 546; vl 91,480; cd4% 32
aug08 cd4 576; vl 48,190; cd4% 40.7
dec08 cd4 559; vl 63,020; cd4% 29.4
feb09 cd4 464; vl 11,000; cd4% 26
may09 cd4 544; vl 29,710; cd4% 27.2
oct09 cd4 ...; vl 23,350; cd4% 31.6
mar10 cd4 408; vl 59,050; cd4% 31.4
aug10 cd4 328; vl 80,000; cd4% 19.3 STARTED ATRIPLA
oct10 cd4 423; vl 410 ;); cd4% 30.2
jun11 cd4 439; vl <20 ;); cd4% 33.8 <-Undetectable!
mar12 cd4 695; vl ud; cd4% 38.6
jan13 cd4 738; vl ud; cd4% 36.8
aug13 cd4 930; vl ud; cd4% 44.3
jan14 cd4 813; vl ud; cd4% 42.8
may14 cd4 783; vl *; cd4%43.5
sept14 cd4 990; vl ud; cd4% *
jun15 cd4 1152; vl ud; cd4% *
july15 - STRIBILD
oct15 cd4 583; vl 146; cd4% 42
mar16 cd4 860; vl 20; 44

Offline randym431

« Reply #54 on: February 25, 2008, 05:36:10 am »
Actually, taxes should not go up at all.
If you take all the co pays one pays, and what is now held out of everyones pay for med insurance,
put that into some type of national coverage system, then take the profit out of healthcare,
add it all up, there should be plenty to cover everyone.
And I mean everyone. But getting there wont be easy. Too much greed to overcome.

Nixon put profit into healthcare with starting HMO's. And add in the drug companies, theres
a lot of stuck mindsets to overcome. When employeer's are no longer able to offer
healthcare, and that day will come, then maybe we will force a change.
Now back to Obamania... sorry for the off topic.
Diag Sept 2005 VL 1mill, CD4 85, 3%, weight 143# (195# was normal)
Feb 2021, undetectable, weight 215#

Offline Snowangel

« Reply #55 on: February 25, 2008, 10:53:41 am »
I agree that there is always a chance for the president to be assasinated especially now- a- days with all the nut jobs around.  Is there a website you can go to to read the speeches that have been made or better yet has the Presidential Speeches for dummies 101.  I admit ,I can't pay attention because I think they are all bullshit artists. I think all this campaigning is a huge waste of money and time. I am glad to hear Obama has openly supported gays.  Whatever happens, I know we need a change in this country and really don't want to see a white guy win again.  People would be more open to listen and take direction from a black man than a any women in my opinion.
Only 10 months left ,till we find out  :-[
Of all the things you wear, your expression is the most important

The heaviest thing you can carry is a grudge..

One thing you can give and still keep...is your word.

One thing you can't recycle is wasted time.

Offline jack

• fomerly the loser known as Jake
« Reply #56 on: February 25, 2008, 11:36:13 am »
Obama has more to worry from Clintons than anyone. Dont you love the picture they sent out today with Obama in headdress and Moslem gear? Dispicable.  I cant believe Hillary is always trying say Obama doesnt have any experience when she probably has less. One term as US senator spending most of the time running for President? Looks like anyone who believes in capitalism,individual freedom and US defense will be forced to vote for a liberal Republican again. Obama is gonna fall apart like a cheap suit if he is ever force to go into specifics.
Ford and Reagan were almost assassinated as was Bush One after he was out of office.

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #57 on: February 25, 2008, 12:12:47 pm »
Obama has more to worry from Clintons than anyone. Dont you love the picture they sent out today with Obama in headdress and Moslem gear? Dispicable.  I cant believe Hillary is always trying say Obama doesnt have any experience when she probably has less. One term as US senator spending most of the time running for President? Looks like anyone who believes in capitalism,individual freedom and US defense will be forced to vote for a liberal Republican again. Obama is gonna fall apart like a cheap suit if he is ever force to go into specifics.
Ford and Reagan were almost assassinated as was Bush One after he was out of office.

You're right again Jake. I don't know why he just doesn't drop out. He doesn't have enough delegates and he hasn't won a primary in awhile...oops my bad, I thought you were talking about Huckabee. ;D

typo
« Last Edit: February 25, 2008, 01:02:21 pm by Dachshund »

Offline jack

« Reply #58 on: February 25, 2008, 01:37:17 pm »
I never said he should drop out. If you are a republican you have to love the fact that the Dems have produced two more candidates in the mold of Algore and Lurch. Candidates who appeal only to those who feel they cant compete in a free society,those looking for a handout, and those who are embarrassed to be Americans.
Who as said it wasnt really MLK who changed this country but instead LBJ. Yes, the Clintons. Who has portrayed Obama as a drug user and now publicized pics of him in Moslem gear? Yes, the Cliintons. Who called Clinton a "clean one"? Biden. Yet no one in Dem party is critical of this obvious racism  Of course the Clintons cant attack Obama on the issues because they agree on everything, but the moment a republican attacks Obama on the real issues in the real campaign, they will be called racists by the same people who see nothing wrong with the real racism being practiced by the Clintons.

Unfortunately for me, my party has is running a candidate who is more acceptable to libs and Dems than conservatives.

All three candidates, McCain,Obama, and Clinton have attacked capitalism and are playing class warfare which is just as immoral and dirty as racism.

Obama is running a commercial in Texas attacking Wall Streeters for their huge incomes, yet he says nothing about professional athletes or entertainers. Does he plan on putting limits on their incomes also? Or is he just pandering to the ignorant? He and Clinton are receiving enormous amounts of money from Wall Street,numbers that would suggest they just arent hedging their bets. Do they want a return to the 90s when the Clintons turned a blind eye to corruption on Wall Street? I have no idea,its just too bad someone with Obamas speaking skills doesnt say anything concrete

Offline libvet

« Reply #59 on: February 25, 2008, 08:29:06 pm »

Candidates who appeal only to those who feel they cant compete in a free society,those looking for a handout, and those who are embarrassed to be Americans.

I was never under the assumption that "society" was a competition.

But hey, I'm a veteran, a full time worker, a taxpayer, a voter, overall proud of my country (excepting of course when we fuck up, and I'm not so proud that I can't admit that our country doesn't always live up to its potential), and a homeowner. 

So tell us why we should vote YOUR way instead of giving us the Rush Hannity version of what you believe liberals think and believe.

Oh, by the way, I'm sorry your guy isn't living down to the standards set by the far right.  Maybe if you get really lucky, you'll someday get the republican candidate who says "Hey! It's everyone for themselves!".  I suspect there will be a number of people who suddenly change their tune when they find out that the safety net they railed against gets pulled out from under them or screaming about how it was them damn "Liberal commies!" who suddenly took away their disability and medications.  Hopefully, you won't be one of those who get thrown under the bus by a system that decides that medical care for the needy or food for children is secondary to building an embassy larger than the Vatican in Iraq or deciding the company who promised you a pension and health care for 30 years of loyal service decides to not live up to the bargain they made with you.

At the end of the day, I'll side with mutual cooperation and compassion every single day of the week against greed and arrogance and if you happen to benefit from my idealism that we are a community and we should do well by each other, I won't regret that in the slightest.

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #60 on: February 25, 2008, 08:33:15 pm »
Top Republican strategists are working on plans to protect the GOP from charges of racism or sexism in the general election, as they prepare for a presidential campaign against the first ever African-American or female Democratic nominee.

The Republican National Committee has commissioned polling and focus groups to determine the boundaries of attacking a minority or female candidate, according to people involved. The secretive effort underscores the enormous risk senior GOP operatives see for a party often criticized for its insensitivity to minorities in campaigns dating back to the 1960s.

Step one: Stop being racist.

Offline bocker3

• You gotta enjoy life......
« Reply #61 on: February 25, 2008, 09:03:09 pm »
Candidates who appeal only to those who feel they cant compete in a free society,those looking for a handout, and those who are embarrassed to be Americans.

Jack,

Your insistent penchant for talking in extremes and absolutes is crazy.  There are many people who vote for democrats who aren't afraid to compete, aren't looking for a handout and aren't embarrassed to be Americans (even if they have a President who IS an embarrassment).  I did support Hillary in the VA primary, but I will happily cast a vote for Obama in November -- and I am someone who has done well economically (and just paid my taxes to prove it - that is NOT a complaint), the only "handout" I've ever taken from the government, is an ROTC scholarship - which I paid back with service in Iraq during Desert Storm.  I'm proud to be who I am and am intelligent enough to see the truth.  McCain may be smarter than W, but he's a little to much like him to even contemplate 4 more years of it.
Additionally -- if only the folks you mention would vote for one these two, explain how here in Virginia (a solidly RED state for years -- until the last couple), had almost 3 voters in the Dem primary for every 1 in the Repub? 

Mike

Offline libvet

« Reply #62 on: February 25, 2008, 09:25:06 pm »

Step one: Stop being racist.

Bwa-ha-ha.  Sure.  Throw a monkey wrench like that into the deal.  Funny thing is though, despite what is essentially an appalling record on racism (and sexism and homophobia), the right wing really believes that they are free of prejudices and will point their fingers at the left in America and claim that it really is the left that are truly racist and such. 

It is actually kind of amusing in a weird way when you hear someone like Rush or Hannity or Coulter try to project their own failings on to the left.  My favorite way of taking care of that charge was pointing out the make up of the last congress (which was controlled by republicans):

There were 43 African-Americans serving in Congress. All of them were Democrats.

There were 26 Hispanics serving in Congress, 20 were Democrats.

There were 6 people of Asian/Pacific Islander descent serving in Congress, 5 were Democrats.

There were 82 women serving in Congress, 54 were Democrats.

Simply put, there isn't going be any way to avoid the issue of race or gender in this election cycle, but I am proud that my party gets to select between two very qualified candidates who might offer a perspective that has been sadly lacking in our country.

Right now, I am leaning toward Sen. Obama.   The man knows how to inspire people and make them feel hope and he doesn't have that "same old, same old" feel that both Clinton and McCain seem to be as a result of their long stays in Washington.   Certainly, Clinton would get my vote before McCain, only because at the end of the day, McCain seems to offer nothing but a third term of George W. Bush and the disastrous policies of that administration.  I don't want my leader to be someone who has nothing to sell but doom and gloom and honestly, that is all McCain has really had to offer thus far.

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #63 on: February 25, 2008, 09:28:18 pm »

The other 6 were traitors to their people.

Heh. :)

MtD

Offline libvet

« Reply #64 on: February 25, 2008, 09:46:35 pm »

The other 6 were traitors to their people.

Heh. :)

MtD

There are some who would think so certainly.  I am more than willing to admit that I certainly don't understand the republican mindset, but I have to assume whatever motivates their party affiliation must be an important than other things.  For example, for the life of me, gay republicans couldn't be more unfathomable to me than if they stepped off a spaceship from a planet of sentient bacteria given how the republicans have consistently put down those of who don't choose to hide in the closet or bathroom stalls. 

However, I do feel confident that my party is, while not perfect by any stretch of the imagination, more representative of the various life experiences of the plurality of Americans, including having to cope with issues of bigotry against them for the color of their skin, their gender, their sexual orientation, etc. 

Offline randym431

« Reply #65 on: February 26, 2008, 08:09:10 am »
Watch the debate tonight.
Right after the two are introduced, Hillary is
suppose to take a kung foo stance, scream the battle cry,
and go flying right for the eyes.
Should be interesting...   ;D
Diag Sept 2005 VL 1mill, CD4 85, 3%, weight 143# (195# was normal)
Feb 2021, undetectable, weight 215#

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #66 on: February 26, 2008, 09:21:45 am »
Watch the debate tonight.
Right after the two are introduced, Hillary is
suppose to take a kung foo stance, scream the battle cry,
and go flying right for the eyes.
Should be interesting...   ;D

Yes, and I wonder what Obama will say about the picture of him in traditional (I believe it's) Kenyan garb floating around.
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline jack

« Reply #67 on: February 26, 2008, 09:34:18 am »
I dont see how anyone can think McCain is just a continuation of W. Makes no sense. Outside of defense he has opposed W on just about every issue. He has sided with Dems in most instances. The one thing I dlo like about McCain is he has always said we must cut spending, something neither Bush believed in. McCain also is able to grasp the fact that lower taxes produce greater revs to government, this is a fact that Dems refuse to acknowledge because it will upset those whose votes they are trying to buy. He understands that just as important as low taxes is low spending. Bush and Dems do not understand this or do not have the guts and political will to balance the checkbook.
There is no doubting Obama does inspire and I have said this for many months. As long as he can stay away from specifics and keep a muzzle on his wife he should beat McCain.  He is proof that Dems love style over substance since his rhetoric contains no substance, but he doesnt need to since his policies appear identical to Hilariouses.
The Reps only chance at beating Obama was to nominate a candidate who could was vibrant and could inspire, that was Romney.
The only other chance the Reps have a winning was if Hillary is the candidate.

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #68 on: February 26, 2008, 09:38:50 am »
As long as he can stay away from specifics and keep a muzzle on his wife

Jakey,

I think I speak on behalf of all AIDSmeders when I say that the sooner your wife muzzles you, the better. In that sense you're just like Bill. :)

Be well and enjoy the next several years of liberal rule,

MtD

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #69 on: February 26, 2008, 09:43:35 am »

As long as he can stay away from specifics and keep a muzzle on his wife he should beat McCain.

What? Geeze Jakie, that really smacks of "keep 'em barefoot and pregnant". I suppose you'd like to see him muzzle her in the kitchen? But how would she taste-test the food?

~shakes head~

Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #70 on: February 26, 2008, 09:46:47 am »
Like all Republicans McCain is gay.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline jack

« Reply #71 on: February 26, 2008, 09:49:24 am »
This article pretty much says it all. I blame it on our horrible educational system and media who foster ignorance on such matters.

Frances Rice, chairman of the National Black Republican Association, describes the Democratic Party as the architect of modern day racism.

Rice, a retired Army lieutenant colonel and lawyer, says in an interview it was Republicans who pushed through much of the ground-breaking civil rights legislation in Congress. Now, she says, Republicans stand for empowering blacks to help them out of poverty. In contrast, Rice says, the Democrats push to keep blacks dependent on government handouts and encourage them to see themselves as victims.

“The Democratic Party has built its power base on the backs of poor blacks, and they want to keep blacks poor, angry, and voting for Democrats,” Rice tells Newsmax. “Every election cycle they go into the black community and preach hatred against the Republican Party and get blacks to cast a protest vote against Republicans.”

In Rice’s view, “The Democrats fight every effort of Republicans to get blacks out of poverty because they know that once blacks become prosperous, the Democratic Party will lose its power base.”

Rice co-founded the National Black Republican Association in 2005 with the mission of returning African-Americans to their Republican Party roots. Because co-founder Andre Cadogan knew Newsmax CEO and Editor in Chief Chris Ruddy, the first meeting of the organization took place at Newsmax offices in West Palm Beach, Fla. The organization has grown from five members to over a thousand members. It publishes a quarterly glossy magazine — The Black Republican — and has a Web site: www.nbra.info.

Rice says the Democrats oppose giving blacks the opportunity to become wealthy through Social Security personal accounts and oppose efforts to reform Social Security, even though blacks on average lose $10,000 in the current system because blacks on average have a five year shorter life expectancy.

Aligning themselves with special interests, Rice says the Democrats are “fighting school-choice opportunity scholarships that are designed to get black children out of failing schools, because the teacher’s unions wants to maintain control over buildings.”

Rice also cites widespread opposition by Democrats to the No Child Left Behind Act, which has lifted reading scores of black children but is reviled by teachers’ unions.

“Our philosophy in the Republican Party is to teach a person how to fish, so he can feed himself for a lifetime, whereas the Democratic Party’s philosophy is give a man a fish, so he can eat for a day,” Rice says.

Rice says most blacks are not aware that from its founding in 1854 as the anti-slavery party, the Republican Party has been at the “forefront of the struggle for civil rights, which is why Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. was a Republican.”

It was Republicans, she notes, who fought to free blacks from slavery and amended the Constitution to grant blacks freedom, citizenship, and the right to vote. Republicans also pushed through much of the ground-breaking civil rights legislation in Congress from the 1860s through the 1960s, Rice says.

“It was the Democrat public safety commissioner, Eugene ‘Bull’ Connor, in Birmingham who let loose vicious dogs and turned the fire hoses on black civil rights demonstrators,” Rice says.

Democrat Georgia Gov. Lester Maddox “brandished an ax handle to prevent blacks from patronizing his restaurant,” Rice says. “Democrat Alabama Governor George Wallace stood in front of the Alabama school house in 1963 and declared that there would be segregation forever. In 1954, it was Democrat Arkansas Governor Orville Faubus who tried to prevent the desegregation of Little Rock public schools. It was Republican President Dwight Eisenhower who sent the troops into the South to desegregate the schools and who appointed Chief Justice Earl Warren to the U.S. Supreme Court, which resulted in the 1954 Brown versus Board of Education decision.”

In contrast, the Democrats “fought to keep blacks in slavery, started the Ku Klux Klan to terrorize blacks, and fought civil rights legislation,” Rice says.

“The Democratic Party is the architect of modern day racism,” Rice says. “Now they are fanning the flames of racism in order to keep blacks in economic poverty.”

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #72 on: February 26, 2008, 09:49:56 am »
As long as he can stay away from specifics and keep a muzzle on his wife he should beat McCain. 

The Reps only chance at beating Obama was to nominate a candidate who could was vibrant and could inspire, that was Romney.

A muzzle, ay?  I shudder to think what it must be like being married to you.  Of course I know men who talk loud are usually nothing but sex slaves themselves.

Romney was nothing but a Ken doll.  He wouldn't have a chance and he realized that before he got too out-of-hand.
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline Cliff

« Reply #73 on: February 26, 2008, 09:51:53 am »
Knowing how much those two hate each other, that must be the most awkard hug ever given.

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #74 on: February 26, 2008, 09:52:25 am »
This article pretty much says it all. I blame it on our horrible educational system and media who foster ignorance on such matters.

Frances Rice, chairman of the National Black Republican Association, describes the Democratic Party as the architect of modern day racism.

Rice, a retired Army lieutenant colonel and lawyer, says in an interview it was Republicans who pushed through much of the ground-breaking civil rights legislation in Congress. Now, she says, Republicans stand for empowering blacks to help them out of poverty. In contrast, Rice says, the Democrats push to keep blacks dependent on government handouts and encourage them to see themselves as victims.

“The Democratic Party has built its power base on the backs of poor blacks, and they want to keep blacks poor, angry, and voting for Democrats,” Rice tells Newsmax. “Every election cycle they go into the black community and preach hatred against the Republican Party and get blacks to cast a protest vote against Republicans.”

In Rice’s view, “The Democrats fight every effort of Republicans to get blacks out of poverty because they know that once blacks become prosperous, the Democratic Party will lose its power base.”

Rice co-founded the National Black Republican Association in 2005 with the mission of returning African-Americans to their Republican Party roots. Because co-founder Andre Cadogan knew Newsmax CEO and Editor in Chief Chris Ruddy, the first meeting of the organization took place at Newsmax offices in West Palm Beach, Fla. The organization has grown from five members to over a thousand members. It publishes a quarterly glossy magazine — The Black Republican — and has a Web site: www.nbra.info.

Rice says the Democrats oppose giving blacks the opportunity to become wealthy through Social Security personal accounts and oppose efforts to reform Social Security, even though blacks on average lose $10,000 in the current system because blacks on average have a five year shorter life expectancy.

Aligning themselves with special interests, Rice says the Democrats are “fighting school-choice opportunity scholarships that are designed to get black children out of failing schools, because the teacher’s unions wants to maintain control over buildings.”

Rice also cites widespread opposition by Democrats to the No Child Left Behind Act, which has lifted reading scores of black children but is reviled by teachers’ unions.

“Our philosophy in the Republican Party is to teach a person how to fish, so he can feed himself for a lifetime, whereas the Democratic Party’s philosophy is give a man a fish, so he can eat for a day,” Rice says.

Rice says most blacks are not aware that from its founding in 1854 as the anti-slavery party, the Republican Party has been at the “forefront of the struggle for civil rights, which is why Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. was a Republican.”

It was Republicans, she notes, who fought to free blacks from slavery and amended the Constitution to grant blacks freedom, citizenship, and the right to vote. Republicans also pushed through much of the ground-breaking civil rights legislation in Congress from the 1860s through the 1960s, Rice says.

“It was the Democrat public safety commissioner, Eugene ‘Bull’ Connor, in Birmingham who let loose vicious dogs and turned the fire hoses on black civil rights demonstrators,” Rice says.

Democrat Georgia Gov. Lester Maddox “brandished an ax handle to prevent blacks from patronizing his restaurant,” Rice says. “Democrat Alabama Governor George Wallace stood in front of the Alabama school house in 1963 and declared that there would be segregation forever. In 1954, it was Democrat Arkansas Governor Orville Faubus who tried to prevent the desegregation of Little Rock public schools. It was Republican President Dwight Eisenhower who sent the troops into the South to desegregate the schools and who appointed Chief Justice Earl Warren to the U.S. Supreme Court, which resulted in the 1954 Brown versus Board of Education decision.”

In contrast, the Democrats “fought to keep blacks in slavery, started the Ku Klux Klan to terrorize blacks, and fought civil rights legislation,” Rice says.

“The Democratic Party is the architect of modern day racism,” Rice says. “Now they are fanning the flames of racism in order to keep blacks in economic poverty.”

Rice eh? Now who else do we know by that name?

MtD
(Who is pretty sure Jake is the Child Left Behind)

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #75 on: February 26, 2008, 10:07:24 am »
You're right Jack, Ms. Rice says it all. Course she fails to mention where all those racist democrats ended up now didn't she? When the dixiecrats left the party they found a natural fit in the Republican Racist Party. Can you say Strom Thurmond Jack? Can you say Southern Strategy Jack? Jack, even you know the Republicans always use race as their ace in the hole. They're already polling the base to see how far they should go in attacking Obama.

Next you'll be quoting Alan Keyes.

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #76 on: February 26, 2008, 10:22:06 am »
Jake,

They say we have 98% of our genetic material in common with chimpanzees but tonight you've reminded me that we share 70% of our DNA with pigs. You really are the most horrible person that shit was ever shovelled into.

For years I've defended you, I've tried to explain that beneath your hateful, racist exterior there was a creature of some small value. Narrow, bitter, obnoxious but ultimately decent. I hoped (against hope as it turns out) that you might just once show some basic decency.

Alas I was fooled.

You are a terrible person. Spiteful and malicious, you are bereft of even the most fundamental qualities that are expected of a member of the human race. You exist only to torment those who are different from you, indifferent all the while to the fact that these people you mock speak up in your defence, when you do nothing to deserve such consideration.

You are an obligate bully, a low rent thug and a parsimonious ne'er-do-well.

I'm tired of your bigotry. I'm tired of your racism. I renounce any kind thing I've ever said about you. I'm sorry I ever encountered you.

Matty the Damned

Offline ademas

« Reply #77 on: February 26, 2008, 10:27:36 am »

oy.

A few quotes from Romney's "Bible", the Book of Mormon:

1 Nephi 11:13 (Mary) ". . . she was exceedingly fair and white."
1 Nephi 12:23 (Prophecy of Lamanites after Christ) ". . . became a dark, and loathsome, and a filthy people, full of idleness and all manner of abominations."
1 Nephi 13:15 (Gentiles) ". . . they were white, and exceedingly fair and beautiful, like unto my people [Nephites] before they were slain."
2 Nephi 5:21 ". . . a sore cursing . . . as they were white, and exceedingly fair and delightsome, that they might not be enticing unto my people the Lord God did cause a skin of blackness to come upon them."
2 Nephi 30:6 (Prophecy to Lamanites) ". . . scales of darkness shall begin to fall . . . they shall be a white and delightsome people." (Changed to pure and delightsome in 1981)
Jacob 3:5 (Lamanites cursed) ". . .whom ye hate because of their filthiness and the cursing which hath come upon their skins. . ."
Jacob 3:8-9 ". . .their skins will be whiter than yours . . . revile no more against them because of the darkness of their skins . . ."
Alma 3:6 ". . . skins of the Lamanites were dark, according to the mark which was set upon their fathers, which was a curse upon them because of their transgression and their rebellion. . ."
Alma 3:8 (Cursed) ". . .that their seed might be distinguished from the seed of their brethren . . .that they might not mix . . ."
Alma 3:9 ". . . whosoever did mingle his seed with that of the Lamanites did bring the same curse upon his seed."
Alma 3:14 (Lamanites cursed) ". . . set a mark on them that they and their seed may be separated from thee and thy seed. . ."
Alma 3:19 (Amlicites cursed) ". . . brought upon themselves the curse ..."
Alma 23:18 ". . . [Lamanites] did open a correspondence with them [Nephites] and the curse of God did no more follow them."
3 Nephi 2:14-16 ". . . Lamanites who had united with the Nephites were numbered among the Nephites; And their curse was taken from them, and their skin became white like unto the Nephites . . . became exceedingly fair . . ."
3 Nephi 19:25, 30 (Disciples) ". . . they were as white as the countenance and also the garments of Jesus; and behold the whiteness thereof did exceed all the whiteness . . . nothing upon earth so white as the whiteness thereof . . . they were white, even as Jesus."
Mormon 5:15 (Prophecy about Lamanites) ". . .shall become a dark, a filthy, and a loathsome people, beyond the description of that which ever hath been amongst us . . ."
Mormon 5:17 "They were once a delightsome people . . ."

Yep.  Sounds like a GOP winner to me.

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #78 on: February 26, 2008, 10:28:25 am »
Here's a little background on Ms. Rice. Just another Republican front group.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/dave-johnson/front-group-report-black_b_30578.html

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #79 on: February 26, 2008, 11:28:55 am »
Even though I wish it weren't so, time and again any thread that involves race or  religion ends up becoming one in which sooner or late the flames begin. Maybe sometime there will be an exception but it has yet to happen. That's not true of all of the comments here, but enough for me to issue a caution here.

And to Matty specifically I am issuing a warning. Matty, you're entitled to your opinions. You could have pretty much said everything you wanted to in your response to Jack   without the invectice. We simply cannot allow that kind of self-indulgence here from you or anyone else for that matter.

Stop putting us into a position where you endanger your membership here. Consider yourself warned.

Your diatribe has to stop now.

Andy Velez

Offline Peter Staley

• Founder & Advisory Editor, AIDSmeds.com
    • AIDSmeds.com
« Reply #80 on: February 26, 2008, 12:16:32 pm »
I've discussed this with most of the mods, and Matty is being given a 7-day Time-Out for the invective he posted above.  Once all the mods discuss this, it might be upgraded to 30 days, or even a permanent ban.

Technically, our rules would stipulate a banning at this point, since Matty has had two previous TOs.  However, his last TO was in 2006.  This presents us with a unique situation.  We have never banned a member who's last TO expired 17 months ago.

Sadly,

Peter

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #81 on: February 26, 2008, 12:49:33 pm »
All three candidates, McCain,Obama, and Clinton have attacked capitalism and are playing class warfare which is just as immoral and dirty as racism.

Absurd statement.
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #82 on: February 26, 2008, 01:03:54 pm »
I would like to point out that up until reply #45 this was a an interesting and civil discussion about Barack Obama. Queen and Cliff, Philly and others were bringing up some interesting points of view that I hadn't even thought about. There were disagreements without rancor. Of course after post #45 it all went to hell.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #83 on: February 26, 2008, 01:14:13 pm »
For the record, I'm in agreement with a seven day Time Out for Matty.

Jack, when you were about to come off your last Time Out, I wrote to you and asked you to refrain from posting in the political threads because you always get yourself into trouble in them. You didn't heed my words and now you've gotten yourself into trouble on this forum for the last time. You're permanently banned. Enough is enough.

Everyone - I do NOT expect to see anymore comments about Jack's posts in this thread - or any other thread for that matter. He's banned and that's an end to it. Anyone who makes further comments about Jack will be subject to a Time Out. No kidding.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #84 on: February 26, 2008, 01:47:14 pm »
Wow, it never fails that people become emotional over things that hit close to home, i.e. racism or whatever. I am amazed at how folks seem to know so much about the political parties and the individual's stance on them. Now everyone is feeling faint because Obama had on some Muslim garb. From what I read, it seems like the man was simply taking pride in his heritage not joining up with Bin Laden. The finger is being pointed and saying it came from Ms. Hillary's camp. Is this a fact or is someone just trying to make it look that way? Once again, I see that bull's eye on Obama's back again. Except this time, it is trying to be justified because of him wearing Muslim garb which I think is ridiculous to say the least. What is wrong with a person taking pride in their heritage?

Black Republicans are saying that Dems are only holding blacks down and making them dependent on the system. I have to disagree with that, blacks or any race is dependent on the system due to the fact that some not all are willing to use the system to get what they want instead of looking for a job. There are people who really depend on the system for help but then there are those who use system as a means to an end. I know some families who would rather push out babies because they are guaranteed a check or some food stamps than to get a job. And it isn't a matter of color.

Just my the view from a sista who has never had a problem with working and would rather be working now than collecting a check. And if I had to choose a political party, I would be a Dem over a Republican any day of the week.
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

Offline Cliff

« Reply #85 on: February 26, 2008, 04:22:03 pm »
Hopefully folks will post their thoughts on the debate tonight, (I can't see it, but I'm sure it will be reported on). 

Mood's kinda killed in this thread now.  Maybe a new one?

:-\

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #86 on: February 26, 2008, 04:26:03 pm »
Agreed, Cliff.

I'm locking it. The sooner it becomes history the better.
Andy Velez

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #87 on: February 26, 2008, 04:30:13 pm »
I have no ties to either party. I've always chosen a candidate either because I thought they would do the best job or they where the lesser of two evils.

To be honest I have no clue who I want to vote for now. Initially I thought Romney but now I just have no clue. I can see the positives in all the popular candidates. I haven't been able to decide who I think would do best job or the least amount of damage.

Anyone remember the link to the site that can help you decide the candidate that is best for you based on a questionare?

Wendy

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.