Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 12:21:56 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772783
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 244
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 229
Total: 229

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Sleeping Naked With A Girl Risk Or No Risk?  (Read 25864 times)

Offline stupidmistake

Sleeping Naked With A Girl Risk Or No Risk?
« on: October 16, 2006, 05:55:34 pm »
ok so I meet this girl at bar. She instantly likes me and just tells me she wants to have sex. So being drunk and all I do it. Anyways we had sex for like 2 and half hours, I used 3 diffrent condoms during the time. I used some sort of lube she had because after like 30 mins the condom got dry kinda. Anyways I really didnt think much of it since I had protected sex. My main concerns here are what if the condom got a slight tear in it and I didnt notice it or also I read certain lubes can make it break easier. We went at it for so long im scared the condom could have torn or something I didnt see, maybe it slipped off a little then looked like it didnt slip off when I pulled out? I also had protected sex with her like 3 hours later after the first time,  only for about 10 mins this time. Ok so my concerns are I had sex for like 2 hours and 30 mins, it seemed the condom didnt come off or didnt tear during the whole time. I switched the condom 3 times so it wouldnt tear plus I used lube a few times, it was a very oily type lube that was hard to get off your hands. Anyways im really scared I have messed up this time, I will never have a one night stand again for sure. Im gonna start hunting for a girlfriend right away as this type of activity wil lead to me a diaster soon. So what do you guys think my risk is with such a long session of sex, it was vaginal sex by the way unless I acidentally put it in the wrong hole which is possible since it was dark or could I notice if I put it in the wrong hole? Im pretty sure it was all vaginal, she said she doesnt do anal sex the next morning so I assume it was vaginal. Thanks

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
Stupid,

When a condom breaks, it is obvious. You would have noticed. You had protected intercourse and that means you weren't at risk for hiv infection.

You need to be using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no exceptions until such time as you are in a securely monogamous relationship where you have both tested for ALL STIs together. To agree to have unprotected intercourse is to consent to the possibility of being infected with a sexually transmitted infection.

Have a look through the condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use condoms with confidence.

Anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results. Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv.

Use condoms and avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline stupidmistake

Thanks Ann. My concern is maybe the condom slipped off almost then slipped back on and made it look like it was on still? My other concern was what if it was dark and I stuck it in her anus and thought it was her vaginia? Would there be a noticable diffrence in how it feels from virginia to anus? I thought about this and to not look stupid I just asked her afterwards " have you ever had anal sex?" She said no, I dont do that. But what concerns me is it looked like to me at one point she tried to put my penis in her anus and I said" sorry I dont do that with girls I dont know." She said what are you talking about, im just putting it back in, not that. I dont know though, it felt a little low down to be her vagina, so im a little parinoid maybe we were having anal sex even thought she didnt say so, Ive never had anal so I dont know how it feels or anything. Also it lasted for 2 and half hours, thats alot of time. Thanks for the great response, I hope im not being paranoid but between the duration, lube and possible anal exposure I think I could have a real risk here.

Offline RapidRod

You had protected sex and you were not at risk. We don't do "what ifs" when making an assessment. You do not need to test.

Offline stupidmistake

thanks rapidrod but how do I not know the condom had a small say bb sized tear somehow. Also what if I went in her anus?

Offline RapidRod

I just told you we don't do "what ifs". If your condom would have failed, you would have known about it, there would not be any guess work about it. 

Offline stupidmistake

But I was really drunk, when I pulled the condom off each time it didnt look broken and came off. Anyways im just saying I might not notice such a small tear you know. Im not trying to neglect you thoughts as I respect your assesment. Im just scared a small tear was possible maybe, is it really that obvious if you have a small tear? Thanks

Offline RapidRod

Like I've been trying to tell you. It will not be a small tear if the condom were to fail. They are designed in a way that when one fails it will shread. You don't have to guess when one fails.

Offline stupidmistake

thanks rod, I didnt know that. I hope im ok, thanks again

Offline stupidmistake

did I use the condom right or wrong?
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2006, 03:56:52 pm »
Ok well, I changed condoms 3 times in a 2hour and half sex session. Each time I changed the condom I had to roll it off and I didnt notice any tears. I did have a soft erection at points but the condom was still on. I didnt see any tears and I had to take the condom off each time I changed it. I did however notice one time my condom at the end of the penis had alot of extra lose latex, like you know, it was loose at the end with alot of extra space but was still on and not broke. Im saying is it possible the condom could have come off during sex then looked like it was on when I pulled out to take the condom off? Im just scared that during the whole 2 and half hours my condom got a small tear or came off alot but then came back on when my erection grew etc? I mean how does one know if he used the condom right or not? It looked ok each three times I took it off, but does that mean the condom was on during the whole sex session? Thanks

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
Re: did I use the condom right or wrong?
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2006, 04:19:13 pm »
You are worrying needlessly.

When condoms fail it's not a subtle event. If anything had gone wrong during that session you would have known it.

The main thing is that the head of your penis was covered throughout intercourse as it's through the urethra, (and the skin under foreskin if you're not circumcised) that HIV can be transmitted to a man during intercourse.

And you were covered literally and figuratively.

I don't see any need for testing nor for further concern.

Really.

Cheers,
Andy Velez

Offline stupidmistake

« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2006, 05:43:17 pm »
andy I know what your saying but what if the condom came down so far at one point and slipped off the head then came back on when I pulled out and it looked like the condom was on. I'm not sure if I'm curcumsized or not but I do have a dark ring going around my penis which I read circumsized guys have. so judging from what I saw I had the condom on each three times wheb I pulled out and I had to pull or roll the condom off to get it off. so your saying if the condom was on and covering at least my head each time I pulled out then there is no chance the condom came off or tore but then looked normal when I pulled out? I just think its possible the condom could have slipped off oveer my penis head and then I got harder and the condom went back on? is that possible or is this a needless worry? I'm just scared because over 2 hours is a long time for nothing to go wrong right? thanks for the help man, this is a great site.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2006, 07:03:11 pm »
From what you have described you are circumcised. Foreskin usually covers the head of the penis when you are not erect.

Condoms don't slip off and slip back on as in the what ifs your mind is all too busily coming up with right now. They just don't work (or malfunction) that way. Really.

Are there some other circumstances related to this event that are causing you to be so anxious and regretful about it? Because I don't see any basis for HIV concern. At all. Nor any need for testing.
Andy Velez

Offline stupidmistake

« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2006, 07:56:48 pm »
no, im just scared maybe I didnt see a tear or something since I was drunk. The condom was on each time I pulled it off to change it, so that means theres no possible way I didnt have unsafe sex right? Thanks

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2006, 08:47:40 pm »
Get it straight. You did NOT have unsafe sex. You did the right thing. Keep using a condom everytime you have intercourse.
Andy Velez

Offline stupidmistake

« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2006, 10:41:32 pm »
ok and even if it did break the chances of me getting hiv from a one time act even such a long one is low right? Thanks for the help man.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2006, 07:43:19 am »
stupid,

I've merged your new thread into your original thread - where you should post all your additional thoughts or questions. It helps us to help you when you keep all your additional thoughts or questions in one thread.

If you need help finding your thread when you come here, click on the "Show own posts" link under your name in the left-hand column of any forum page.

Please also read through the Welcome Thread so you can familiarize yourself with our Forum Posting Guidelines. Thank you for your cooperation.

And by the way, you weren't at risk of hiv infection.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline stupidmistake

ARS symptoms just now starting?
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2006, 09:15:54 pm »
ok  exactly 2 weeks ago I had vaginal sex with a girl for like 2 and half hours. I had a condom on but I had to switch condoms 3 times, im worried the condom  came off during sex. Anyways today I feel stuffy, kinda cold and achy... slight headache and just kinda sick  feeling. I thought maybe it was possible I caught a cold since thats been going around lately and plus I got soaked the other day and school and it was in the low 50's with a strong wind. I thought about all this but I hear ars symptoms start 2-4 weeks after exposure, its just too much of a conicedence. I havent been sick in a few months, why all of a sudden? I mean I had sex for over 2 hours, something small is bound to tear or go wrong during that long time. Say I didnt have a condom on for sex for 2 hours and the girl had hiv, what would be my risk at such a long duration of sex? Thanks

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
Re: ARS symptoms just now starting?
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2006, 09:23:43 pm »
Stupid,

This is the second time I've had to merge your threads. Please get with the program and stop starting new threads.

Hiv is a fragile, difficult to transmit virus and more so from a woman to a man. Forget about two hours, my partner and I were together for a year and a half before we discovered my hiv status, without using condoms, and he is still hiv negative. We use condoms now and he is still negative over seven years later. Condoms prevent hiv infection. You would know if one broke.

Please go re-read the replies you've already had. None of the answers are going to change no matter how many times you ask the same questions.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline stupidmistake

« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2006, 09:29:32 pm »
Ann im so sorry, I forgot.... it wont happen again for sure. Let me ask you though have you and your husband ever had unprotected sex for over 2 hours without a condom? Thats what concerns me most, such a long time for the virus to find its way into me you know in a one time event. Thanks for the reply.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2006, 10:43:15 pm »
stupid,

You used a condom - or at least that's what you said when you first came here with this concern. If the condom broke during those two hours, you would have known as it is very obvious when they break. You wouldn't be wondering and speculating, you'd KNOW. You were not at risk. Have a look through the condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use condoms with confidence.

Anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results. Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv.

Use condoms and avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline stupidmistake

« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2006, 11:08:18 pm »
Ann thanks, the condom didnt appear broken and was on each time I took it off. I wanted to know though did you and your husband ever have unprotected sex for over 2 hours? Thats my main concern right now, such a long duration would increase my chances of transmission if something did go wrong.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2006, 11:36:04 pm »
I wanted to know though did you and your husband ever have unprotected sex for over 2 hours?

Stupid,

To be honest, that's none of your business. I've shared as much of my sex life as I'm prepared to. You have no right to further details.

You used a condom and now it's time to get over it.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline stupidmistake

« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2006, 11:44:42 pm »
sorry Ann. I will take your word for a low transmission rate. Thanks for the help.

Offline stupidmistake

Receptive anal sex unprotected one time risk?
« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2007, 07:20:39 pm »
Hey guys, ok first off im not sure if anything happened. Maybe this is just me being paranoid but I do not know. I was at a party and a gay guy said I want to F you with a sorta evil look on his face, so anyways I just kinda laughed and walked away. But the gay dude is a RA at our dorms and he has all the keys and everything so its worrying me. Anyways I had about a pint and half of whisky that night and I dont remember anything at all really 45 mins after he said that. The only thing I remember is waking up in my bed in the middle of the night throwing up, I didnt see anyone around but then I blacked back out. Now im not sure if I had too much to drink that night or if my drink was drugged or what. But I just figured I had too much to drink that night but I got to thinking what if that dude drugged me and did something. So my question is what if he did, if worse came to worse and he was infected with hiv and I was the receptive dude with no protection what would my odds be of getting hiv? It seems like if this happened I would have remember something or fought him off because im by no means gay. Its just scary that he said that to me then I blacked out a hour later. I mean I had alot to drink that night and have blacked out before, but still im worried. Would I be sore or something the next morning if something did happen? Anyways ive been worried about this now for a while, but then I tell myself dude theres no way,lol. But what would the odds be if worse came to worse, thanks.

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
Re: Receptive anal sex unprotected one time risk?
« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2007, 07:28:02 pm »
Hey guys, ok first off im not sure if anything happened. Maybe this is just me being paranoid but I do not know. I was at a party and a gay guy said I want to F you with a sorta evil look on his face, so anyways I just kinda laughed and walked away. But the gay dude is a RA at our dorms and he has all the keys and everything so its worrying me. Anyways I had about a pint and half of whisky that night and I dont remember anything at all really 45 mins after he said that. The only thing I remember is waking up in my bed in the middle of the night throwing up, I didnt see anyone around but then I blacked back out. Now im not sure if I had too much to drink that night or if my drink was drugged or what. But I just figured I had too much to drink that night but I got to thinking what if that dude drugged me and did something. So my question is what if he did, if worse came to worse and he was infected with hiv and I was the receptive dude with no protection what would my odds be of getting hiv? It seems like if this happened I would have remember something or fought him off because im by no means gay. Its just scary that he said that to me then I blacked out a hour later. I mean I had alot to drink that night and have blacked out before, but still im worried. Would I be sore or something the next morning if something did happen? Anyways ive been worried about this now for a while, but then I tell myself dude theres no way,lol. But what would the odds be if worse came to worse, thanks.

Stupid,

Keep all your additional thoughts, questions and comments in your original thread. This helps us to follow your story and give you the most accurate advice.

If you can't find you original thread click on the red link I've provided above. Alternatively you can click on the "show own posts" link in the left hand column of any forums page.

Your questions will not be answered until you return to your original thread.

MtD

Offline stupidmistake

« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2007, 07:31:25 pm »
I do not understand, this is a totally different situation. My orginal thread was like a year ago wasnt it?

Offline stupidmistake

Hiv Risk from receptive anal sex one time?
« Reply #27 on: October 19, 2007, 07:33:53 pm »

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #28 on: October 19, 2007, 07:53:25 pm »
Stupid,

Thank you for returning to your original thread.

You had too much to drink and you're concerned that your gay Residential Adviser drugged you and raped you?

Let's cut the crap, shall we?

You got drunk and copped one up the bum from another guy. Happens all the time. Just because you might have had sex with another male doesn't make you gay.

Unprotected anal sex is a relatively high risk in terms of HIV transmission. Since you can't remember clearly what went down (or up as the case may be) it's best to presume that you need to have an HIV antibody test. The test will need to be performed 12-13 weeks from the date of this sexual encounter.

If you're getting so drunk you're blacking out and having sexual encounters you wouldn't normally have you may need to think about your alcohol and drug use.

MtD

Offline stupidmistake

« Reply #29 on: October 19, 2007, 08:25:12 pm »
matty your way off base, but I could see how it would appear that way. I swear on my own life I have no honest to god clue what happened during that period, I promise you that. I also swear to you I do not care how drunk I am I would never touch another guy, the thought of it makes me want to puke. My concern here is two things:

One he drugged my drink and raped me when I was unconsious

Two I got so drunk and was unconsious he raped me

I promise you though I would never ever even remotely consider touching a guy, and I also promise im 100% sure I do not remember anything at all and the only reason the rape thing came to my mind was because the guy said I want to fuck you. Now with that being said I could just be two things happened at once, I had to much to drink and he just made a remark saying he wanted to fuck me. I do not know what happened, I asked a girl if she saw me come home and she said I came home with a group of girls and guys. I do not remember going home, I do not remember opening my door or anything. Its just scary that I do not remember anything at all, nothing! So I did not have sex with a guy as far as I know, its that one remark he said that made me get scared something could have happened. So with that being said if something some how did happen do you think we are looking at like a 1-50 chance if the guy did have hiv? Thanks

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #30 on: October 19, 2007, 08:33:40 pm »
Let's get something straight. If you would have had anal sex with a guy you sure in the hell would have know it the next morning. So again you did not have a risk.

Offline stupidmistake

« Reply #31 on: October 19, 2007, 08:39:59 pm »
How would I know rod? Its so frustrating not to remember anything, would I know if I was on top or bottom? I do not remember even one speck of the night except for me throwing up, but at the same time surely I would remember having sex with a girl or a guy. For all I know I could have went and gotton a prostitute or something, but its what the guy said that bothers me. I thought I could handle a pint and half, I usually do not black out with that I dont think, but then again I had not drank for 2 months before that which is what might have caused it. My first thought was I should have not black out from a pint and half, then I said thats odd. Then I said what if my drink was drugged or something, then I started thinking back and I remembered what that gay guy said and I was like oh crap, what if he drugged me drink. But then I thought no dude he wouldnt have told you he wants to fuck you if he was planning on raping you probably, but theres some messed up people in this world so im not sure.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #32 on: October 19, 2007, 08:43:03 pm »
Since you are not gay and have never had anal sex it would have hurt like hell in the morning. Unless, you use toys or cucumbers, then you might not know the next morning.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #33 on: October 19, 2007, 08:44:35 pm »
Doesn't matter if it is a different situation. You need to keep all your thoughts and concerns in your orginal thread.

Offline stupidmistake

« Reply #34 on: October 19, 2007, 08:52:26 pm »
No toys man, im not gay. But what if I was on top, would I hurt then? I thought how could I not remember having sex? Then I thought dude you dont remember crap, but surely I would remember something that big. Ok so if I was on bottom I would be sore, but what about being on top? But what if he like tried to make me on top when I was out of it or something, how would I know?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #35 on: October 19, 2007, 09:00:49 pm »
Dude if you were that damn drunk you wouldn't have been a top. You wouldn't have been able to keep an erection.

Offline stupidmistake

« Reply #36 on: October 19, 2007, 09:07:13 pm »
yes I have a condition froma medication I took that messes up my erections, its near im possible for me to get one when im drunk unless I have a hot girl like on me, but if it was a guy I know I would not have one simply because im not attracted to guys. But my concern here is what if I was flaccid and he tried to take it and stick it in him or something. I could still get hiv that way right? God, this sucks....im worried about something that probably never happened anyways....if I could only remember something...that was like 4 months ago and none of my memory has come back. I guess its gone forever. But what if he drugged my drink, I felt kinda funny the next day...like dizzy...but not typical hang over dizzy.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #37 on: October 19, 2007, 09:24:54 pm »
Now come on you know that you can't stick a flaccid penis into anyone. The only thing you can do with a flaccid penis is put it in your pants. Like I told you before we don't do "What if" questions.

Offline stupidmistake

« Reply #38 on: October 19, 2007, 09:30:12 pm »
ok so bottom line is if ive never used any toys for the anal area or had anal sex I would be sore? Are you certain about this? Maybe everyones different? So basically if he raped me anally I would feel it?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #39 on: October 19, 2007, 09:38:38 pm »
You would have known the next day for a fact, if you would have been penetrated anally.

Offline stupidmistake

« Reply #40 on: October 19, 2007, 09:58:20 pm »
well thats good to know, most likely nothing happened then. Thanks alot for the help man, I see that I would have known now probably since you said it would hurt and I wouldnt get an erection with a guy. Thanks for the help man.

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #41 on: October 19, 2007, 10:00:54 pm »
Actually Stupid, Rod said you wouldn't get an erection if you were that drunk.

MtD

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #42 on: October 19, 2007, 10:55:00 pm »
I've merged your threads. Please keep all of your entries in this same thread. That's our rule.

And if you look over the previous entries and responses you may see there's more kinship than you imagined between then and now. In both instances you are caught up in WHAT IF situations. To me that signals more about issues with sexual activity in general rather than any HIV risky behavior specifically. But you can decide whether that evaluation fits you or not.
Andy Velez

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #43 on: October 20, 2007, 07:51:20 am »
Stupid,

With that homophobic attitude of yours, I wouldn't be surprised if your RA said "fuck you", without the "I want to" attached.

It sounds to me like you're suffering from nothing more than an over active imagination.

I rejected the new account you tried to create last night. Don't try that again or you'll be banned.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline stupidmistake

Cut on finger and saliva, how big of risk?
« Reply #44 on: September 06, 2008, 07:34:15 pm »
Hi,

so I had a inncident a few days ago where this girl grab my hand and her finger nails cut me and left a gash that was bleeding. The cut was not deep, but it took the top layer of my skin off any was bleeding.

The girl then licked her finger and put it on m cut to stop the bleeding I think....or she might have kissed it. Im not certain because I was really drunk, but either way she licked her finger and pressed on my cut to stop the bleeding or she kiss the cut.

Anyways so im wondering how big my risk is to get hiv if she has it. Thanks

Offline atlq

Re: Cut on finger and saliva, how big of risk?
« Reply #45 on: September 06, 2008, 09:11:35 pm »
You are at no risk of HIV exposure from this incident. HIV is transmitted through unprotected vaginal and anal intercourse. For all the information you need about HIV transmission please go to our Welcome Thread  .

“Keep up the good work....   And God bless you.”
  --  Sarah Palin, to members of the Alaskan Independence Party, 2008

Offline stupidmistake

« Reply #46 on: September 06, 2008, 09:29:43 pm »
thanks for your reply but isnt the hiv virus in saliva? Let me also let it be known that I was bleeding while this happened! Yes the cut was very fresh as it only happened seconds before she either kissed it or licked her finger and pressed on the cut.

Offline atlq

« Reply #47 on: September 06, 2008, 09:42:05 pm »
Salvia is an extremely potent inhibtor of HIV. You are not at risk from this incident.
“Keep up the good work....   And God bless you.”
  --  Sarah Palin, to members of the Alaskan Independence Party, 2008

Offline stupidmistake

« Reply #48 on: September 07, 2008, 04:26:11 pm »
thanks for the reply but why is it then possible to get hiv from oral sex? Doesnt this pose the same risk? I mean pretty much its like she gave me oral sex since it was spit entering my blood stream. I dont see how you say I have no risk. Thanks

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #49 on: September 07, 2008, 06:10:57 pm »
It is not possible to get HIV from receiving oral sex (getting a blowjob) or from performing or receiving cunnilingus (going down on a female).

Getting HIV from giving oral sex (swallowing semen) is theoretical, and has yet to be conclusively documented. This is detailed in our LESSONS on transmission, which I urge you to read.

"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.