Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 09:10:27 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773198
  • Total Topics: 66336
  • Online Today: 554
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 480
Total: 482

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: severe pain/ need doctor in Florida  (Read 3332 times)

Offline scooters

severe pain/ need doctor in Florida
« on: May 10, 2010, 11:37:54 pm »
Well i have been poz for 21 years now. I always had sever pain starting a few years after diagnosed in 1989 but for the past year my pain has become so severe that i cannot function as a human anymore, my doctor has told me to find a pain management doctor because they are not helping with this because all the problems in Florida associated with abuse and death. Well if my Hiv doctor refuses to help me why would someone who knows nothing about what i have been going thru help me live a somewhat normal life with out hurting everyday. Sure I'm alive and doing okay but I'm so tired of hurting so bad what is the reason to continue on, there is more to life and i never ever thought i would make it this far and to be in the later part of my life and to have to suffer is not right... Does anyone know where i can go to get some help here in Florida i live east of Orlando... I'm so tired and i cant believe my doctor has abandoned me whats the point in being alive if i cant live?? I have tried to contact pain management places and they just do not understand and think I'm a drug user, project response doesn't even know where to go to see a doctor that knows about hiv related pain. I just cannot believe my own doctor Dr Perione has done this to his patients where is the compassion and help???

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
Re: severe pain/ need doctor in Florida
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2010, 04:49:16 am »
I don't live in Florida, so I'm not familiar with the doctors there; just wanted to let you know I'm sorry for all you're going through.
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline OneTampa

• "Butterflies are free."
Re: severe pain/ need doctor in Florida
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2010, 07:54:07 pm »
Sorry to hear about your chronic pain.

Since you did not indicate the type of pain you experience, you may want to review the suggestions below:

>Do you participate in an HMO (Health Maintenance Organization) for insurance? If yes, perhaps you can contact them and ask for a referral in or out of state (if your insurance plan allows it).

>Also, here is a web site with a national directory of pain management doctors:
http://www.imenet.com/specialties/pain-management-medicine

Best.
"He is my oldest child. The shy and retiring one over there with the Haitian headdress serving pescaíto frito."

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.