Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 07:28:10 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37635
  • Latest: Ranoye
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773156
  • Total Topics: 66328
  • Online Today: 248
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 194
Total: 194

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Symptoms can be treated, the disease can be slowed a little but death is certain  (Read 7538 times)

Offline shadoos

I cant stop thinking that I will die and who will love my baby as much as I do?  What will happen to her when I am gone?  I am newly diagnosed since April.  I suffer from depression and anxiety normally.  I have been trying so hard to fight it from coming back cause of the results.  But I don't think I can do it.  My levels are also dropping fast.  And my viral load is over 500,000.  Yippie what ever that means.  I am not on meds either.  And to top it all off now I have to worry about my babys daddy.  He has it thats how I got it.  And he is really sick and how should I say "away" for now.  I can't take this.  I am gonna break down!!
« Last Edit: July 03, 2008, 06:15:50 am by shadoos »
LOST

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

• Cheech 2.2.94 - 4.23.10 We miss you so much!
Has your doctor recommended starting ARVs?  Hang in there.
HIV+ since '93, 1/12 - CD4 785 and undet.   WOO-HOO!!

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
Shadoos, you're very new to this.  Just give yourself a break and take some time adjusting.  I suggest seeking the help of a mental health professional to help walk you through all feelings you're trying to deal with.  What is your CD4 and CD4%?  Has your doctor suggested that you go on meds?

Please do your best to take care of your emotional issues.  They can do you in just as fast as physical illness can.  Take care.
   Luv,
Betty
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline weasel

HEY SHADOO !,
                          GO TO THE LOCAL HEALTH DEPARTMENT .TELL THEM WHAT'S GOING ON !

I GOT HUGE SUPPORT IN LAS VEGAS !

THEY DID EVERYTHING IN THIER POWER TO HELP , AND I MUST SAY IT MEANS A LOT TO ME TO KNOW

HOW MUCH THEY CARED !

THEY WILL HELP WITH MEDS , HELP WITH MENTAL SUPPORT !

THEY WILL HOOK YOU UP TO SUPORT GROUPS , OR ONE ON ONE ,IF YOU PERFER TO NOT SUPPORT OTHERS

AS YOU HELP YOURSELF !

" LIFE " IS DEFFERENT  NOW !

BUT TRY TO GET A GRIP . IT WILL BE OK ! YOU WILL RAISE YOUR CHILDREN , YOU WILL  FIND LOVE .

LIFE GOES ON !

THINGS COULD BE SOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH WORSE !

WHEN I  CAME DOWN WITH HIV THERE WAS NOT MUCH HOPE , SO I IGNORDED IT .

AND WHEN IT TURNED TO AIDS , MEDICINE HAD CHANGED , CHANGED A LOT !

I LOST A BROTHER AT 51 FROM A BRAIN TUMOR !

MY GRAND MOTHER  CROAKED AT 41 ,

MY UNCLE DIED AT 57 , AND THEY HAD NO CHOICE TO LIVE OR DIE !

MY ANT MARTHA DIED AT 51 SO DID HER HUSBAND !

AND THESE PEOPLE DID NOT HAVE AIDS !

WE CAN TAKE MEDICINE , AND LIVE FOR YEARS !

WE HAVE GOOD DAYS

WE HAVE REALLY CRAPPY DAYS

BUT WE HAVE DAYS , AND MOST OF US WILL GET OLD ................................

I FIGHT DEPRESSION AND  DRINK , BIG TIME .

I AM NOW CLEAN FOR  6  Days !

I did not throw away my boose !

but for now i need to find out where my mind really is .

do i think about dieing ? sometimes , but the little ones do not want to here about it .

and it becomes  to be to much effort to always be in a creepy mood .

my neg. partner of 28 years offers no support concerning my aids , he loves me .

his outlook ?  take the pills and move on .

i!'m bi-poplar bear , karl
" Live and let Live "

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.