Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 12:37:31 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772784
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 244
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 236
Total: 237

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Movies and more movies.....  (Read 318008 times)

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
  • Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
Re: Movies and more movies.....
« Reply #200 on: January 21, 2008, 12:57:11 am »
it's very very cold in OH this weekend (5 degrees with just a sprinkle of snow on the ground) so we got under the blankets on the couch (me, my honey and the three dogs) and watched some more movies. "Terminator 3" turned out to be an okay movie with lots of action and excitement.

Then after checking out this thread ("the real threat to america" or bush vs zombies http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=18468) I decided to pull out "Shaun of the Dead" for a good laugh.  :D Even though that nasty Sustiva uaed to give me horrible nightmares about zombies, I still enjoy zombie movies.  ;)

I remember the first time I watched this movie. I had a viral load over 250,000 and was in the middle of another one of my "mystery fevers" that ran off and on for nine days. I had never experienced "the chills" until this fever and it was fourth time in my life I spiked a fever above 105. (I totally enjoyed hallucinating as my brain fried.  :o ) I felt just like one of those zombies from the movie - and probably looked like one too. LOL

I'll be going back to the library tomorrow to find some more movies  ;)
leatherman (aka Michael)

We were standing all alone
You were leaning in to speak to me
Acting like a mover shaker
Dancing to Madonna then you kissed me
And I think about it all the time
- Darren Hayes, "Chained to You"

Offline poz1970

« Reply #201 on: January 21, 2008, 06:28:18 am »
Husband and I watched 'Evan Almighty' last night, and had the time of our lives, the movie is hysterical :-)

J
"The Bible contains 6 admonishments to homosexuals and 362 admonishments to  heterosexuals. That doesn`t mean that God doesn`t love heterosexuals. It`s just that they need more supervision." -- Lynn Lavne

Offline minismom

• Quocumque jeceris stabit
« Reply #202 on: January 21, 2008, 08:54:12 am »
Eastern Promises is a wonderful movie.  It's about the Russian mofia in London and the traffikking of Eastern European girls.  Import heroin - 100yrs. in proson.  Import 100 underage girls for prostitution - 6mths. in prison. 

mum
www.watoto.com
www.MotherBearProject.org
"Whichever way you throw me, i will stand"
"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today...it's already tomorrow in Australia"  Charles Schultz

Offline minismom

« Reply #203 on: January 22, 2008, 07:38:28 pm »
I know this is a kids movie, but hubby, the kids,  and I have laughed for a solid hour and a half ;D.  If you want to see a movie just for the sake of having a good, light-hearted laugh, rent "Dungston Checks in". 

mum
www.watoto.com
"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today...it's already tomorrow in Australia"  Charles Schultz

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #204 on: January 26, 2008, 12:25:52 am »
It's still below freezing here (nearly below zero!) and we watched a few more movies this past week while staying indoors and keeping out of the cold.

1) we own Matrix 1 & 2 and re-watched them recently. I was pleasantly surprised to find a VHS copy of "Matrix 3" (which neither we nor any of our friends own) at the library. It was good to watch it to close out the trilogy; but I still this it's the worst of the three films.

2) I had to re-watch "Brokeback Mountain" because of Heath's passing this week. This made viewing #22. It was still just as poignant to me, and I cried again for poor Ennis being left alone. I'm still surprised at how much this story and movie touched me and still affects me emotionally. After seeing this movie the first time, I went out and read all of Annie Proulx books - and loved them all! A few months ago, I watched another Proulx movie, "The Shipping News" with Kevin Spacey. (Just checking online, I see Ms Proulx has a new book coming out this June, "Fine Just the Way it is", another short story collection. Can't wait to read that one!)

3) Thinking about how I was left alone after my last partner passed away, I watched the 20th anniversary edition of "Purple Rain" - the movie we saw on our first date. Boy, did that bring back memories. The first time I ever saw Randy, he was dancing to "baby, I'm a star" and it was love at first sight. We named our first cocker spaniel "Apollonia's Purple Reign; our pet store was called "It's Reigning Pets"; and my very first tattoo, inked on my last night in Charlotte before I moved to Ohio, was taken from the artwork on the Purple Rain album sleeve. (it's the lady's face as seen in the "when doves cry" video)

4) Sorta a modern-day version of the Griswolds from "National Lampoon's Family Vacation", "Little Miss Sunshine" was an interesting movie. A herion snorting grandfather, a suicidal gay uncle, a brother who has taken a vow of silence, an overworked mom, a motivational-speaker father, and a cute little girl take a cross country trip to go to the Little Miss Sunshine pagent. There are a few laughs throughout the movie; but the real payoff is when Olive (the little girl) finally gets to perform.

5) sshhh, don't tell anyone, but just tonight we got hold of a bootleg copy of "I am Legend". Wow! What a great movie. It kept me on the edge of my seat for most of the movie; though it has a couple of pretty sad scenes (one with his dog, and one with will smith in his final scene). Now that I've seen all three movies based on this story, I must say I like this one better than the ones with Vincent Price or Chuck Heston.

well, I'll be heading back to the library this weekend for another eclectic selection of movies to watch next week. ;)
leatherman (aka Michael)

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #205 on: January 26, 2008, 09:14:06 am »
Eastern Promises is a wonderful movie.  It's about the Russian mofia in London and the traffikking of Eastern European girls.  Import heroin - 100yrs. in proson.  Import 100 underage girls for prostitution - 6mths. in prison. 

mum

I *so* want to see this.  Now that's nominated for so many things I think I'm going to splurge and buy it.  Viggo is hot.
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline minismom

« Reply #206 on: January 26, 2008, 11:19:01 pm »
It really is a very good movie, philly.  Watch the bonus materials but only after you watch the movie.  They explain a lot about the background and the subtlties that are in the movie.

mum
www.watoto.com

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #207 on: January 29, 2008, 01:37:55 am »
you know, libraries are not like video stores, and have very eclectic selections of movies. so lately, i've been watching many movies I'd probably never rent.

well now I've seen everything.  ;D I thought the world had gone mad when Obi-Wan sang and danced ("Moulin Rouge") but seeing Obi-Wan shoot up herion ("Trainspotting") was just too much.  :o

We also watched the humorous "The Devil wears Parde"; the boring but cute Ben Affleck in "DareDevil" (with that "Alias" gal); and fell alseep part-way though the very boring but handsome George Clooney in "Solaris" (is this sci-fi or a chick-flic? zzzzz )

I'm still tripping on Obi-Wan though.  :o
leatherman (aka Michael)

Offline minismom

« Reply #208 on: January 29, 2008, 09:32:04 pm »
I liked Daredevil, but can't stand the Elektra movie.  The actress is from WV.  We're watching the 1st Fantastic Four tonight.  We enjoyed Batman Begins Sunday night.  Tomorrow night, we'll probably end up watching the sequal to F/F - Rise of the Silver Surfer.  We saw The Game Plan about 20 times this weekend.  It was a cute movie and very enjoyable (the first few times ;))

We didn't look for movies when we went to the library last week.  I'll take a look next week when we go and see what they have.  Are they free? 

Mum
www.watoto.com

Offline Iggy

« Reply #209 on: February 03, 2008, 10:53:50 am »
In honor of Queen's return I wanted to give her movie thread the righteous bump to top of the forum.  ;)

Saw Cloverfield (finally) last night.  It was pretty ok.  I enjoyed it for what it was but was definitely not as wowed as I thought I would be.  Latest word btw according to an interview on Bloody Disgusting is that there will be a sequel and that the Monster in the first one is but a baby!  I guess the Mother comes out in the second one sort of like JAWS 3D.  OY Vey! ::)

Also in the catching up on movies review, Jeromy and I rented Invasion, the recent remake of the Invasion of the Body Snatchers with Nicole Kidman and Daniel Craig.  I liked it a lot better than the critics and most audiences and did enjoy the whole analogy of medically prescribed mood and pysch meds and that of an invasion of outside beings.

Lastly, and returning to a movie mention in the first review, JAWS (original) was on TCM last night and by God did it remind me of just how much Ilove that film.  It is amazing how certain classics still are still leagues ahead of most that have followed.

On my list to see:  Diary of the Dead (I do think GAR has lost his tocuh though).  Jeromy won't probably go with me though because he was getting nauseous from the whole Cloverfield shake cam thing.

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #210 on: February 03, 2008, 02:37:17 pm »
Aww, Thanks Iggy for bumping it back up. I thought folks prolly got bored with it since I saw another thread called Mindless Movies...

Leatherman----I'm liking you to pieces already. First the vampire thing and now you're a Prince fan. I lost my virginity to When Doves Cry. Back in the day I use to dress like Vanity 6 when I use to go to house parties and my bff dubbed me as Vanity, I have the necklace til this day. I do need my ass kicked because I do not own the dvd of Purple Rain. I have to try to find it. I also liked his other movie too, Under the Cherry Moon and my fave song from the soundtrack was Boys and Girls.

I liked the Matrix movies because of the fighting in them but not enough to buy them. I am watching the third one now on a movie channel. I love zombie movies. I am a Resident Evil gamer and I own all of the dvds. And there will be a part 4, count on it. I am trying to collect all the games for the playstation but am catching hell trying to find them.

I thought Evan Almighty was funny. I have Bruce Almighty, I think I will get Evan one day. Shawshank Redemption is one of my fave movies. I have the dvd.
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #211 on: February 03, 2008, 03:25:41 pm »
My next goals are:  Gia (*hello* Angelina Jolie, high fashion, lesbians, heroin addiction and HIV... delightful)

and

Le Grand Bleu (Director's Cut) the landmark 1988 production which was Luc Besson's first English language film.  However, if you saw the US version it's NOT the one to see, as the studio insisted on simplifying the ending and replacing the seminal original score by Eric Serra.  You just can't beat the cinematography on this -- one of my all time favorite movies and I can't recommend it enough.  Required viewing IMO, plus Jean-Marc Barr is WAY hot.

Last night I watched Diva... I'm going to OD on 80's cult/art house soon.  I really now need Liquid Sky to feel whole again.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2008, 03:43:47 pm by philly267 »

Dan J.

« Reply #212 on: February 03, 2008, 04:28:15 pm »
I saw the new U2 3D Imax movie last week. If your a fan of U2 it is a must see.

I saw And There Will Be Blood yesterday. It was OK.

Dan

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #213 on: February 03, 2008, 10:15:19 pm »
My next goals are:  Gia (*hello* Angelina Jolie, high fashion, lesbians, heroin addiction and HIV... delightful)

I liked the movie, Gia. It was sad though but I thought Angelina did a good job in it.
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #214 on: February 03, 2008, 10:17:49 pm »
I agree.  I've seen the movie several times, but it's been years.

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #215 on: February 03, 2008, 11:02:19 pm »
we watched War of the Worlds last night on tv (tom cruise version) and I liked it quite a bit although he was about the dumbest parent/father/grownup ever in a movie. It's a wonder he and those kids didn't end up dead.  :o

lessons leatherman learned from horror flix:
rule #1 never enter a room if the lights don't come on
rule #2 run AWAY from the bad things

I do not own the dvd of Purple Rain. I have to try to find it. I also liked his other movie too, Under the Cherry Moon and my fave song from the soundtrack was Boys and Girls.

the 20th anniversary edition of Purple Rain has a second disc with all the videos out of the movie (Prince, Time, Appollonia 6), along with some history and influence segments. I watched the movie with the commentary (the director and producers, no words from the purple one though) and since it's one of my favs for many personal reasons, I got a kick out of all the behind the scenes stuff (it was so cold in minnesota that they went back to cali to film most of the movie. LOL)

Under the Cherry Moon is an excellent movie, though many never saw or heard of it. filmed in black and white, the textures of the fabrics, clothes, etc really give the film a nice look. Prince and Jerome were both funny, cute, and waggish enough. I liked the plot. Gigilo really falls in love and has to die. Epically Tragic Chic. Excellent soundtrack too (Kiss, anotherholeinyerhead. don't know if boys&girls or mountains is the better tune though). Mucho better than that crappy Graffitti Bridge movie. Quite a few nice cuts on the soundtrack, terrible dialog and acting though. the only benefit going for that movie - The Time got back together.  ;)

mikie
(who lived in a haunted house and always obeys the rules)
leatherman (aka Michael)

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #216 on: February 04, 2008, 11:38:48 am »
Mikie---

Yeah, The Soundtrack to Under the Cherry Moon was pretty good too. I don't know what Prince was thinking when he came out with Grafitti Bridge. I thought Tevin Campbell was going to be his protege for a minute. Is there any deleted scenes on the Purple Rain dvd. I remember back in the day they said they had to cut out some things because it was considered x-rated. The song The Beautiful Ones always makes me cry. At the moment, I am feeling a bit Computer Blue and wondering where is my love life, where can it be? There must be something wrong with the machinery....Til I find that righteous one, Computer Blue... ;)
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #217 on: February 04, 2008, 11:46:20 am »
Tomorrow I'll be heading to the library to see if they have Gia.
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #218 on: February 04, 2008, 11:53:55 am »
If you can't find it shoot me a PM, Betty. :)

Dan J.

« Reply #219 on: February 04, 2008, 12:19:13 pm »
Atonement was an excellent film.

& I have a fondness for James McAvoy...

Dan

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #220 on: February 04, 2008, 12:28:08 pm »
James is kinda delectable... and he's not even my type at all.  Dan, should I assume that you saw Last King of Scotland?  He was so hot in that... great actor too :)  He's also in an upcoming Angelina Jolie film.

Too bad he's so short.

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #221 on: February 04, 2008, 12:39:06 pm »
Too bad he's so short.

Why?  I love 'em all bite sized.  Like a little fun bar.
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #222 on: February 04, 2008, 01:04:07 pm »

Why?  I love 'em all bite sized.  Like a little fun bar.

Dunno... I always feel like I have to be the top with short boys.  Mind you, they don't have be really tall, just more around my height.

I need not justify my sexual proclivities on a web forum full of the diseased :)

Offline Iggy

« Reply #223 on: February 04, 2008, 02:00:17 pm »

and

Le Grand Bleu (Director's Cut) the landmark 1988 production which was Luc Besson's first English language film.  However, if you saw the US version it's NOT the one to see, as the studio insisted on simplifying the ending and replacing the seminal original score by Eric Serra.  You just can't beat the cinematography on this -- one of my all time favorite movies and I can't recommend it enough.  Required viewing IMO, plus Jean-Marc Barr is WAY hot.

Last night I watched Diva... I'm going to OD on 80's cult/art house soon.  I really now need Liquid Sky to feel whole again.

Loved GIA.  Still remember the scene when she went for the interview at Wilhelmina's agency.  How I loved how she relayed her name to the receptionist!

I haven't seen Le Grand Bleu, but the title (by stream of consciousness) makes me thinbk of two of my favorite films:  Trois couleurs: Bleu & Rouge (never really liked White)

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #224 on: February 05, 2008, 12:29:44 pm »
Oh lovely... my d/l of Le Grand Bleu finished and it's just lovely.  So much of it is filmed in the Cyclades islands of Greece and it brings back memories of my trip there years ago.  It's also the full DVD file with all of the menus and now I need to burn it to an actual disc, but the file is so large.  I have some double-layer ones so I'll see if it works, as I've only burned stuff to double-layer as data.

I really wish, however, that I owned a wide-screen television.  I need to save up a lot of money for that though.  (reminder to self:  obtain a sugar daddy)

Offline Iggy

« Reply #225 on: February 05, 2008, 06:50:30 pm »
I have a new film on my must see list: 

OTTO or UP WITH DEAD PEOPLE

You have to see the trailer.  Reminds me of a Warhol.

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/11076

Offline minismom

« Reply #226 on: February 05, 2008, 09:44:11 pm »
Watching "Enter the Dragon" on AMC.  It was 1st released 35 years ago.  It was shortly after making this movie that Bruce Lee died. 

Mum
www.watoto.com

Offline 404error

« Reply #227 on: February 05, 2008, 10:13:42 pm »
Rented The Comebacks and The Hunting Party last night.  The Comebacks was... well, predictable and really not that funny.  It had some moments but my expectations weren't too high for this spoof flick.  The Hunting Party was kick ass.  Richard Gere didn't bring the movie down (which I was thinking he would) and Terrence Howard was impressive as always.  Excellent story, good pace, worth buying.
A social critic who promotes equality...

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #228 on: February 05, 2008, 11:19:27 pm »
I have a new film on my must see list: 

OTTO or UP WITH DEAD PEOPLE

You have to see the trailer.  Reminds me of a Warhol.

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/11076

OK, I couldn't even finish watching that.  Something about watching a person (be it all dead) eating a newly deceased animal corpse kind of gets to me.  But, if that's what you like.
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #229 on: February 06, 2008, 02:46:54 am »
Watching "Enter the Dragon" on AMC.  It was 1st released 35 years ago.  It was shortly after making this movie that Bruce Lee died. 

Mum

I love that movie. I have 2 of his movies, Game of Death and Fist of Fury, I think it is. I am too lazy to look right now.. ;)

Someone mentioned Stardust awhile back. It is on ppv now and I may consider watching it. Diva was on the movie channel the other night too but I didn't watch it. Is it worth seeing?
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #230 on: February 06, 2008, 02:39:37 pm »
OK, I couldn't even finish watching that.  Something about watching a person (be it all dead) eating a newly deceased animal corpse kind of gets to me.  But, if that's what you like.

I watched the trailer. It looks like a combo living dead/gay soft porn movie. 

Doesn't interest me. <shrug>

Offline powerpuff

« Reply #231 on: February 06, 2008, 03:10:55 pm »
that black sheep movie is seriously demented :D i had to laugh sorry  previews were funny and gory/

grind house and not bad
Beowulf was is canada arlready

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #232 on: February 06, 2008, 04:04:29 pm »
I really now need Liquid Sky to feel whole again.

FOUND IT!  And it's the hard to find DVD version, not a VHS lamer.  I need a tab of acid now though to watch this.

Offline Iggy

« Reply #233 on: February 06, 2008, 10:05:22 pm »
I watched the trailer. It looks like a combo living dead/gay soft porn movie. 

Doesn't interest me. <shrug>

OK.  The cheese stands alone.

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #234 on: February 06, 2008, 11:07:44 pm »
I went to the library to see if they had Gia but they didn't.  I got a couple other movies.  Just got done watching Hair.  I really liked it.  I also got, for tomorrow night, Girl, Interrupted, which is one of my favorites.  I can identify. 

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #235 on: February 07, 2008, 05:31:39 pm »
I watched Saw IV last night. It confused the hell out of me but I enjoyed it.

Next one I'll watch is

Mr Brooks:
Kevin Costner stars in this psychological thriller chronicling the downward spiral of a man (Costner) at war with his own alter ego (William Hurt). Demi Moore co-stars as a sharp-witted police detective whose passion for her job attracts the attention -- and respect -- of the very serial killer she's tracking. The film was penned and helmed by talented writer-director team Bruce A. Evans and Raynold Gideon (Stand by Me).

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #236 on: February 07, 2008, 10:20:44 pm »
I am dying to see Saw 4 but I don't see how it can connect with the other 3 since Jigsaw is now dead. Who the hell is carrying on his work now since the one girl is also dead to is what I want to know. I plan on getting all of them for my collection.
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline Iggy

« Reply #237 on: February 07, 2008, 10:25:30 pm »
I am dying to see Saw 4 but I don't see how it can connect with the other 3 since Jigsaw is now dead. Who the hell is carrying on his work now since the one girl is also dead to is what I want to know. I plan on getting all of them for my collection.

Pssstt.  Hey Lady *opening overcoat* I know you will hate me for this, but....

Everyting you wanted to know about making the fuck of sense out of the SAW films is riiiight here: http://www.themoviespoiler.com/  five dollar five dollar

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #238 on: February 08, 2008, 07:07:30 pm »
Even after I found out who the bad guy was I couldn't understand why he chose to be the bad guy.

I'll read the spoiler a few more times and see if I can make since of it LOL

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #239 on: February 08, 2008, 08:25:19 pm »
Pssstt.  Hey Lady *opening overcoat* I know you will hate me for this, but....

Everyting you wanted to know about making the fuck of sense out of the SAW films is riiiight here: http://www.themoviespoiler.com/  five dollar five dollar

Thanks Iggy..Now it makes sense to me but I still want to see it. And add it to my collection....
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #240 on: February 08, 2008, 08:29:47 pm »
Even after I found out who the bad guy was I couldn't understand why he chose to be the bad guy.

I'll read the spoiler a few more times and see if I can make since of it LOL

If you're talking about Saw4, my understanding is John aka Jigsaw started doing what he did because the guy, I forget his name had hit his wife in the stomach when opening a door and caused her to lose their child. Later on John was diagnosed with cancer and tried to kill himself but survived. He saw how people used people or did not cherish the life they had so he would kidnap them and make them a part of his game. Amanda and Art(I think it was) became his disciples so to speak and carried on his work. That's my take on it.
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #241 on: February 09, 2008, 07:10:16 pm »
Nope I didnt understand why Detective Hoffman decided to be a bad guy. And I didnt get why Art was still playing the game after he killed the guy at the begining of the movie.

Call me confused.

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #242 on: February 09, 2008, 09:45:39 pm »
Eh? Well, some cops are just corrupt. That is what I got from watching Saw 3. As far as Art, well if I ever see the movie, I will get back to you...Or maybe Art just wanted to carry on Jigsaw's work in some dark twisted way? Sometimes ya just gotta say why ask why or wonder about the person who came up for the idea of the movie. I know Wes Craven came up with Freddy Kruger from dreams and even made mention of it in the last installment of the Nightmare on Elm St series---The New Nightmare. Have you peeped that?
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #243 on: February 11, 2008, 11:22:12 am »
Art I guess was his name, the guy at the beginning of IV with the stitched mouth had something strapped to his back while he was with the two detectives.
I guess the bad guy cop wasn't done playing with him.

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #244 on: February 11, 2008, 12:54:11 pm »
Sorry, I got the sequels messed up..Bad cop was in part 2. Amanda explains that the cop had planted something on her and framed her. Part 3 was a whole nother story on which Amanda never gave the captured people the chance to get away, she murdered them. Jigsaw didn't like that and gave her a final test in which she failed. I really have to see part 4. Even though the spoiler explains it all, I just want to see it anyway.
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #245 on: February 11, 2008, 05:19:03 pm »
OK Betty... encoding is progressing.  You'll be getting some "bonus selections" too :)

Hope your ready for Bruce La Bruce's Hustler White!

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #246 on: February 11, 2008, 06:43:39 pm »
Looking forward to receiving them, Philly!  Thanks again.

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #247 on: February 11, 2008, 07:56:36 pm »
The next two movies I expect to see are Breach and Rescue Dawn.

Breach
Soon after landing a plum job working for FBI operative Robert Hanssen (Chris Cooper), Eric O'Neill (Ryan Phillippe) realizes he's been brought in to spy on his boss, who's suspected of selling secrets to the Soviets. But can O'Neill handle such an important assignment with so little field experience, or will Hanssen get to him first? Laura Linney and Dennis Haysbert also star in director Billy Ray's high-stakes thriller based on a true story.

Rescue Dawn
Renowned director Werner Herzog's inspiring film recounts the heroic saga of Dieter Dengler, a German-American fighter pilot and highly decorated Vietnam veteran whose reconnaissance plane was shot down in 1966. Captured by enemy forces and held in a Laotian torture camp near the Ho Chi Minh Trail, Dengler (portrayed by Christian Bale) defied death by organizing one of the most daring escapes in the Vietnam conflict.

Offline Teresa

« Reply #248 on: February 11, 2008, 08:15:30 pm »
Just saw Juno over the weekend. I loved it!  The actress that plays Juno is fantastic....i thought the whole cast did an awesome job.

Teresa
Hubby HIV+ 5/5/06
CD4:320
  %: 26.7
 VL: <20
Atripla (started it 8/24/06)

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #249 on: February 11, 2008, 08:50:39 pm »
Looking forward to receiving them, Philly!  Thanks again.

I can include a used large dildo and a half full tub of crisco also! :)

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.