Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 02, 2024, 08:10:58 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37617
  • Latest: NChio
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772997
  • Total Topics: 66312
  • Online Today: 225
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 157
Total: 158

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: AMG '08 CD Compilation  (Read 15705 times)

Offline AMG Coordinator

AMG '08 CD Compilation
« on: February 19, 2008, 08:05:36 pm »
In keeping with tradition, we will again have an AMG cd compilation for AMG 2008.  Due to the length of time for this project, I am requesting everone submit their song choice as soon as their attendance is confirmed.  I will also be requesting assistance in compiling the songs onto disk.  If anyone is interested in assisting please feel free to send me a message.

This is your chance to to suggest a song that means something special to you; A song that empowers you and helps you get through the day.  The genre can be rock, pop, country, dance, etc.  Anything as long as it has a meaning to you! 

Due to the time and cost involved, please limit your contribution to one song choice each.  If you do suggest multiple songs, your first choice will be used on the compilation.  Multiple choices may be used if time permits. 

Rules are simple.  Include the full name of the song and artist.  This will help us easily locate your choice.  If you have a copy of the song you'd like to contribute on your PC and would like to email it to me, please pm me for my email address.  Most importantly, include a brief description of how your song choice touches you.

In an effort to have these completed to hand out at our gathering, please submit your song choice as soon as possible.

Offline AMG Coordinator

Re: AMG '08 CD Compilation
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2008, 11:21:50 pm »
Bump

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2008, 05:37:01 am »
Hi Dennis

I would like to have this song if I may...in memory of my beautiful Irish Grandmother who taught me how to love and who helped me through some really tough times in my younger years.

"http://www.youtube.com/v/Bvou2XxB5Cs&hl=en"

Hugs
Jan :-*
« Last Edit: March 25, 2008, 05:44:13 am by anniebc »
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline Robert

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2008, 11:13:25 am »
 Richie Valens - La Bamba

This should get us to shake a leg.

And if I have a 2nd chance:
        Marty Robbins - El Paso.

robert
« Last Edit: March 25, 2008, 11:19:32 am by Robert »

Offline mjmel

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2008, 05:50:19 pm »
AMENDED

#1. Rubberband Man by the Spinners.  ;D

#2: You Make Me feel Like a Natural Woman by Aretha Franklin

:-*
« Last Edit: March 28, 2008, 04:53:13 pm by mjmel »

Offline cayucosguy

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2008, 06:19:02 pm »
Dennis -

I have a CD Duplicator!  Once a master is made, I just stick it in (ooh, sounds nice right now!), tell it how many copies I want and walk away.  I've never had any problems with the output.

If you'd like, I am more than willing to make copies for everyone this year.

I also have a CD Printer, so we could put special artwork on the CD's for everyone.

I'd really like to do this for the group.  If you want to talk about it, PM me for my cell phone number.

Vince

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2008, 09:24:51 pm »
Hi vince

Thanks for that, I'm sure it will be a great help to Dennis when we get the all songs sorted out.

Hugs
Jan :-*
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline Ric Wilke

• I joined AIDSmed.com 10/2002.
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2008, 12:07:58 am »
Hey Dennis,

Thanks for keeping this tradition alive.  For me it is a way of remembering each AMG that I have attended.  Great job, Mister.

My first choice is Queen's 1993 digital remastered version of "We Are The Champions".  I believe that was a special message to all of us from Freddie Mercury.  I think he knew that he was not long for this world and it was his personal message of strength to each of us.  Perhaps this might be a good song to use to end the CD.

My second choice is Queen's 2007 World AIDS Day song "Say It's Not True".  I like this one because after all these years the band still remember us and our struggles.  Maybe a good opening song.

Thanks again and thank you Vince for your help in this endeavor

Hugs to all, Ric

Offline minismom

• Quocumque jeceris stabit
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2008, 08:45:43 pm »
I've asked the Little Miss what song she likes and have given her several to think about, but she would like to add "I can be your friend" by the Vegitales.  It is also sung by a group called Boyz in the Sink.  It's a children's song. 

Here are some of the lyrics to let you know why she likes it:

"We're all different sizes, some are skinny some are stout
but the inside is the part that we're supposed to care about.
That's where we have feelings that are very much the same.
And, so, instead of 'weirdo', I think 'friend' is a better name.

I can be your friend, I can be your friend.
It's OK if we are different, we can still play
because I can be your friend."

It's what we're all looking for - people to like and accept us for who we are and not what we have or what we look like.  When we get down to it, we're all pretty much the same.  And, it's how she views all of you.  She refers to you as "my friends who are like me...but old."

Mum
www.watoto.com
www.MotherBearProject.org
"Whichever way you throw me, i will stand"
"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today...it's already tomorrow in Australia"  Charles Schultz

Offline AlanBama

• Alabama: the 'other' 3rd World Country!
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2008, 11:34:07 pm »
Like Ric, the CD's I have received from the AMGs have given me a lot of joy.

Even though I most likely will not be attending this year, I would like to make a song suggestion:

You Don't Have to be a Star Baby, to be in My Show      by Marilyn McCoo and Billy Davis, Jr.
"Remember my sentimental friend that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others." - The Wizard of Oz

Offline Jody

« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2008, 06:41:46 pm »
"A Word in Spanish", I don't know who wrote or performed it.

Jody  :)
"Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world".
 "Try to discover that you are the song that the morning brings."

Grateful Dead

Offline mjmel

« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2008, 01:41:27 pm »
another one: (#1 choice above other submissions)

Artist: Gheorghe Zamfir –song, “ Einsamer Hirte”

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Wv3Ya9nskA&feature=related

Offline RAB

• Joined March 2003
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2008, 10:15:12 pm »
I think this pretty much communicates what I think AMG is all about.  We're (I'm) only just beginning to see the real you.  As painful as our travels have been, as different as our histories may be, and they certainly are different, we are all in this together.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVf940pO5ME

RAB

(Who truly believes in the power of a gathering that is simple, honest, and potentially moving.  Maybe not for everyone, but still meaningful for some.)

Offline Ric Wilke

• I joined AIDSmed.com 10/2002.
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2008, 11:16:11 pm »
RAB, that is totally perfect!!!  Nothing else I can say.  R

Offline Lou-ah-vull

« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2008, 06:49:38 pm »
I would like to add "The Song Remembers When" by Trisha Yearwood.  This should be very easy to find.  Please let me know if you have any difficulty.  The words are great for our event because it speaks of how music reminds us of all the times of our life.  "Even if the whole world has forgotten/the song remembers when..." or "After i'd forgotten all about us/the song remembers when..."  It has always been one of my favorite.

Gary
Diagnosed Oct. 2005
10/05:  367 (26.2%), 24556 VL
01/06:  344 (24.6%), 86299 VL
04/06:  374 (22.0%), 87657 VL
05/06:  Began HAART 05/15/06, Combivir/Kaletra
07/06:  361 (27.8%), 1299 VL
10/06:  454 (32.4%), 55 VL
01/07:  499 (38.4%), UD
02/07:  Switched to Atripla 2/8/07
04/07:  566 (37.7%), UD
08/07:  761 (42.3%), UD
06/08:  659 (47.1%), UD
01/09:  613 (43.8%), UD
07/09:  616 (47.4%), UD
01/10:  530 (44.2%), UD
07/10:  636 (48.9%), UD
01/11:  627 (48.2%), UD
07/11:  840 (52.5%), UD
01/12:  920 (51.1%), UD
07/12:  857 (50.4%), 40
10/12:  UD
01/13:  710 (47.3%), UD
07/13:  886 (49.2%), UD
01/14:  985 (46.9%), UD
06/14:  823 (47.2%), UD
01/15: 1366 (45.2%), UD
07/15: 1134 (50.7%), UD
02/16: 1043 (55.1%), UD
08/16:  746  (55.4%), UD
08/16:  Switch from Atripla to Genvoya

Offline aztecan

• 36 years positive, 64 years a pain in the butt
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2008, 12:19:03 am »
OK, I hope nobody gets angry with me for this, BUT:

There are two songs I would like to include in the CD.

One is "The Rose," sung by Bette Midler.

The second is "Evergreen," sung by Barbra Streisand.

Yes, I'm and old queen and not afraid to admit it.

HUGS,

Mark
"May your life preach more loudly than your lips."
~ William Ellery Channing (Unitarian Minister)

Offline mjmel

AMG_08 CD
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2008, 12:55:41 pm »
I'm also old too and also not afraid:
two more if you have the space left on CD. (these are oldies but goldies)

"Love this is my Song", sung by the fabulous Petula Clark. (Featured in "Billy's Hollywood Screen Kiss")
"Those were the Days", sung by Mary Hopkins (reached #1 on 4th September 1968 and spent 21 weeks in the charts.)

We all relate to those songs.
eek! getting excited about the trip.
Mike

P.S. I realize I have submitted more than my fair share of tunes. No problem if you can fit them on.....but this is the last of my favs just in case you have the space. OK?  ;)
« Last Edit: May 10, 2008, 03:46:19 pm by mjmel »

Offline joemutt

« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2008, 05:59:21 am »
"A Word in Spanish", I don't know who wrote or performed it.

Jody  :)

Hi Jody, I think that s Elton John

Offline AMG Coordinator

« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2008, 02:14:05 am »
Last chance to submit your song suggestions for this years cd.

Thanks
Dennis

Offline Jody

« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2008, 01:38:31 pm »
Thanks Joe, I love  Elton John, I should have remembered that, it did sound familiar, guess I'm getting a bit old, but just a bit mind you.  ;)

Jody :)
"Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world".
 "Try to discover that you are the song that the morning brings."

Grateful Dead

Offline Basquo

« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2008, 09:31:48 pm »
I'd like to suggest Thalia's "Amor al la Mexicana" ("Love to the Mexican Girl") because that is a group of people very much affected by HIV but they have little support from their own and fewer resources, especially in Mexico. And I was very much into Thalia when I found out I was poz.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=B7nX2g49Fj8

There's also a dance version, but we can strut a little easier to the traditional one. Hook your thumb behind your belt buckle and swing your hips back and forth.  Lead with your crotch.

Offline AMG Coordinator

« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2008, 09:16:31 am »
Last call to submit a song suggestion for this year AMG cd.

Thanks
Dennis

Offline RAB

• Joined March 2003
« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2008, 07:25:18 pm »
Last call to submit a song suggestion for this year AMG cd.

Thanks
Dennis

I've already submitted a suggestion.  Funny thing is, I just discovered this song on my Zune:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPecLiE2H_M

I had no idea it was there.

It's touched me.

As we move closer to the actual gathering, perhaps I'm becoming a melancholy old fool (like that's possible  ;)):

Either way, if there's room:

"Let your arms shelter me from all hurt and pain."

"Let me be your rockin' chair"

"Rock me gently, make me feel like a cloud in the sky. . . . . let my heart take wings and fly"

This a HUGE reach back in time even for me, but as I said, I like it.

RAB   ;D

Offline Curtis

• Smooth seas do not make skillfull sailors
« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2008, 04:08:21 am »
Can anybody play?  After years of not being able to find the name of this song I gave up.  Completely recognized the singer's voice, just couldn't get info anywhere.  The internet is a lot better for song searches now.

Anyway, a cowboy in Houston I'm very fond of sent it to me in an email Christmas weekend without realizing I'd been trying so long.  (Extra points for him!)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Pywkt4aTgXk

Probable infection: 1993
Tested poz: 10/4/1995

Much time passes.....

Worst labs in 2009: CD4 20, CD4% 3, VL 9000.
10/1/09: Ziagen, Icentress, Intelence.
11/30/09: CD4 42, CD4% 6, VL undetectable.

Hooray! :-)

Offline mjmel

« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2008, 07:39:16 am »
Can anybody play?  After years of not being able to find the name of this song I gave up.  Completely recognized the singer's voice, just couldn't get info anywhere.  The internet is a lot better for song searches now.

Anyway, a cowboy in Houston I'm very fond of sent it to me in an email Christmas weekend without realizing I'd been trying so long.  (Extra points for him!)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Pywkt4aTgXk

You Go Curtis! You romantic rascal. Love that song too.

:-*
Mike

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.