Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:28:10 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772947
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 441
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 356
Total: 357

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Flu like symptoms.  (Read 2929 times)

Offline RemyG1971

• E ho'a'o no i pau kuhihewa Try it to end the panic
Flu like symptoms.
« on: March 17, 2013, 12:15:17 am »
I surfed on Wednesday and started feeling ill on Thursday, might be a sinus infection (lots of mucus from nose, phylum from throat - hurts when I cough up phylum/sore throat, chills, slight temp, skin aches, just plain feeling poor).

What are things you should look out for pneumonia wise?

I am also scheduled to go in Monday morning to have full labs done, postpone to give a more accurate set of numbers (T-Cell, WBC, %, cholesterol etc...) or does it really not matter?

I thank you for your time :o

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
Re: Flu like symptoms.
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2013, 01:53:00 am »
A high fever, a cough, dyspnea, (shortness of breath) and chest pains are all symptoms of flu or possible pneumonia.

If you can stay in bed with lots of rest  then please do so, if it gets worse then call your Doctor,but  if you can manage to wait then go and see your Doc on Monday, but I would hold off on the blood tests until he has cleared you and you are feeling well again.

Get well soon and lets hope it doesn't turn nasty.

Aroha
Jan
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline mikeyb39

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2013, 10:00:14 am »
I just had all this stuff you talk about.  You should go to the Dr. and have them check it out.  Our whole office ended up getting sick with upper respiratory infection, so stay home and rest if all possible.  I left work and went to the dr. and was put on antibiotics.  One lady at my work ended up with pneumonia because she didn't go to the doctor when she should had.

My doctor said I was heading there.  After a couple days on the antibiotics, things started getting better and was able to breath again.  I think i coughed up part of my lung at some point.

Point is to cut it off at the pass, don't let it get worse

11/02/2010  cd4-251, vl-591000
12/09/2010  started Atripla
02/18/2011  cd4-425, vl-800
06/10/2011  cd4-447, vl-70
10/10/2011  cd4-666, vl-80
01/05/2012  swiched med (prezista,norvir ,isentress, )
02/10/2012  cd4-733, vl-UD  Viread removed
06/10/2012  cd4-614, vl-UD
12/14/2012  cd4-764, vl-UD
09/01/2013  cd4-785, vl-UD
03/06/2014. cd4- 1078, VL-UD
09/05/2014  cd4-850 , VL-UD
09/05/2014 switched meds isentress, prezcobix -still only two antivirals
10/14/2015  cd4-600 , VL-UD

Offline buginme2

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2013, 03:55:23 pm »
Everyone gets different advice...go to the doctor, don't go to the doctor.

A month or so ago I go the flu.... High fever, cough, congestion, chest gunk. The works.

I called the doctor and they basically said...You have the flu, don't come in, stay home.

Don't be fancy, just get dancey

Offline tednlou2

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2013, 10:51:08 pm »
One lady at my work ended up with pneumonia because she didn't go to the doctor when she should had.

Point is to cut it off at the pass, don't let it get worse

That's what happened with me.  I didn't go to the doc, because I didn't have insurance at the time.  Although, I doubt my doc would have suspected pneumonia anyway.  I was young and didn't know my HIV status.  And, my lungs sounded clear, because it was so compacted at the bottom of the lung.  Perhaps early on, my lung would have sounded bad.  I wasn't out of breath.  I was actually still smoking then.  I dismissed the most awful back and side pain as pulled muscles.  I am sure the pain meds I was popping for the pain suppressed my cough, and made things worse.  Now, I would be more vigilant.  In the absence of classic lung sounds, I would know that pain wasn't normal. 

Hope you feel better soon.  If something doesn't seem right, see your doc. 

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.