Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 06:17:24 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37614
  • Latest: bondann
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772961
  • Total Topics: 66312
  • Online Today: 741
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 170
Total: 171

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: damn new clinic  (Read 4375 times)

Offline ubotts

damn new clinic
« on: September 20, 2007, 03:12:49 pm »
I was so happy about starting this new clinic and they lost my blood results..
So i have to go back next Friday and have them draw another 13 vials of blood.
 :-\ The staff there are great, the doctors wonderful..and the social worker was
awesome..But the lab part stinks..

My doctor was very upset and so was I...
Anyway at least I got to meet my new Dr and her staff.
There awesome....

But its back to the old drawing board for my monkey ass...(sigh) I just felt like crying
and i did..

My bloodpressure was sky high...( well I think that's normal) for first time to a new clinic
and losing my frigging labs................oy ve........

So that all I have to sadly report to you all for now..
Lets hope next time, there is not mess up at the lab department...If there is, theres
going to be hell to pay, that's for sure..
Live Love Laugh and dance like no ones watching.
Laughter is the best medicine, so try to have a laugh everyday..Even if your not feeling your best, think about something that was funny at one time in your life and work with it..   :o)

Offline cayucosguy

Re: damn new clinic
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2007, 06:10:45 pm »
Chalk it up to a single, never-to-be-repeated mistake on the labs part.  Is there a possibility of having the bloodwork done by a different lab?  My doctor uses 3 different ones, and I was able to choose the lab I was most comfortable with (and confident in).

Hang in there buddy.  It isn't worth stressing over.  :)

Vince

Offline Ulong

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2007, 08:34:28 am »
Well that sucks.

On the bright side, at least people at the clinic seemed to care. Maybe I'm just jaded from so many overburdened systems, but my viewpoint is every system makes technical mistakes--some more than others, and you do need to avoid those---but it's important to notice how they handle screwups. I don't blame you for being bummed, though. You've been waiting on this appointment for a long time and someone dropped the ball.

Is there a possibility of having the bloodwork done by a different lab?

Good idea. You might want to ask about the whole process while you're at it.  Knowing what happens when bodily fluids leave your possession is worthwhile.

Offline ubotts

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2007, 07:44:30 am »
 :-\ They have told me this rarely happens,( yeah right) OK,, iam going to believe them.
Since they seemed so upset about the whole scenario......My doctor was livid about this
and made a call to the lab..
They said they had a new tech working and they were going to fire him ..
Whatever.....
I believe this is there only lab. connected to this new clinic..
And they assured me it wont happen again. :-\
If it does, like i said before ..Iam giving the hell..
My arm is still back n blue because they used one vein, and then they said there was
no more blood coming from that vein, so they went in my hand :( ouchie..
So ill wait till next Friday and re do all labs..........wish me luck :'(
Live Love Laugh and dance like no ones watching.
Laughter is the best medicine, so try to have a laugh everyday..Even if your not feeling your best, think about something that was funny at one time in your life and work with it..   :o)

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.