Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 01:18:45 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37635
  • Latest: Ranoye
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773156
  • Total Topics: 66328
  • Online Today: 248
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 176
Total: 178

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Hypothetical Responces to HIV  (Read 5136 times)

Offline TheRoof

Hypothetical Responces to HIV
« on: July 17, 2009, 08:28:26 pm »
Of course even my HIV doctor says this. If you're positive. It wouldn't hurt to do fitness and eat healthy. That is obvious. As a hypothetical statement is there anything that is a natural anti-viral in a sense that we know of?

For example you hear about Green Tea

Epigallocatechin gallate -- binding to the CCR5 by blocking the gp120. Though this has only been done in vitro (test tubes) In a sense it's still a hypothesis.

Of course there isn't any true data. I know that a cup of green tea isn't going to hurt me. Is there anything out there that also has been concluded as hypothesis?

Just sharing personal knowledge?

Obviously the best response to HIV is the antiviral therapy. No question about it.

Offline weasel

Re: Hypothetical Responces to HIV
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2009, 09:49:39 am »
Hullo The Roof  :)

NOT EATTING SUGAR !

Sugar  suppresses the immune system  !

It is WISE   NOT to eat   " white "   food !

Sugar   depletes  so many nutrients in the body !

I am an addict , BUT i try NOT to eat anything with sugar !

I eat  healthy  fresh food !

If I want a cake I bake it !

Do not drink  soda !  it will  do no good for you !

sports drinks are deadly !

I eat   BISON !

Beef  gives me the the poops !

Any unnatural  crap we eat  is going to play havoc with our systems !

Do yourself a favor and google  sugar !  It is scary !  And they say  pot is bad ,   pish posh !

eat well , The Mediterranean way of eatting is good !

Carl

" Live and let Live "

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2009, 10:39:33 am »

sports drinks are deadly !

Is that really necessary?
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2009, 12:26:58 pm »
I posted this just a few weeks ago in its own thread,
perhaps it will help you find some good suggestions for living well with HIV

http://www.thebody.com/content/living/art39250.html
Can It Get Even Better Than This?
You Don't Need to Trade in for a Newer Model -- You Can Live Longer and Better ... While Controlling HIV
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline aztecan

• 36 years positive, 64 years a pain in the butt
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2009, 10:22:12 am »
Hey Roof,

To answer your question, there are some natural things, such as green tea, that may help control free radicals (i.e. are antioxidants) and, thereby, may help to maintain your overall health.

As for any natural products with antiviral capabilities that might control HIV, the answer is no.

The only proven treatment for HIV at this time is the use of antiretroviral therapy, i.e., the meds.

HUGS,

Mark
"May your life preach more loudly than your lips."
~ William Ellery Channing (Unitarian Minister)

Offline tommy246

• Standard
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2009, 03:22:54 pm »
the key word is moderation, a general healthy balanced diet ,plenty of water,omega 3 to keep the arteries clear, and the odd treat chocolate,cake wine etc.
jan 06 neg
dec 08 pos cd4 505 ,16%, 1,500vl
april 09 cd4 635 ,16%,60,000
july 09 ,cd4 545,17%,80,000
aug 09,hosptal 18days pneumonia cd190,225,000,15%
1 week later cd4 415 20%
nov 09 cd4 591 ,vl 59,000,14%,started atripla
dec 09  cd4 787, vl 266, 16%
march 2010  cd4 720 vl non detectable -20  20%
june 2010  cd4  680, 21%, ND

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.