Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 01:30:30 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37652
  • Latest: Han2024
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773292
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 670
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 639
Total: 639

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: How much would you charge?  (Read 5546 times)

Offline ademas

How much would you charge?
« on: February 05, 2007, 11:26:54 am »
(or how much would you pay??)

Someone wants a quote from me for the following service:

Monday - Thursday:

1 hour per day, 1-2 pm.
Walk dog, scoop 2 cat litters.
Light house cleaning (wipe kitchen counters, unload dishwasher, very light work)

Fridays:
Same as above, +1 hour vacuuming.

Biweekly:
Mow small lawn (under an hour)

It's a 15 minute drive for me, each direction, for 6.5 hours (average) of work per week.

It would be a temporary arrangement (5-6 months).

??????

Offline bear60

Re: How much would you charge?
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2007, 11:33:09 am »
What do you think your time is worth? Plus gas.
Poz Bear Type in Philadelphia

Offline ademas

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2007, 11:48:02 am »
What do you think your time is worth? Plus gas.

That is, of course, the answer.
I'm on SSDI, so I have the time, and the hours are something I can handle.
(Of course, my own house might go to hell...)
I could sure use the extra income.
I have a figure worked out...I was just wondering what others would expect to pay (or be paid) for this type of service.

Offline DanielMark

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2007, 11:58:03 am »
Ideally, I would charge $10/hr minimum plus something or other for travel time plus gas.
MEDS: REYATAZ & KIVEXA (SINCE AUG 2008)

MAY 2000 LAB RESULTS: CD4 678
VL STILL UNDETECTABLE

DIAGNOSED IN 1988

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2007, 12:03:38 pm »
It's going to vary depending on where you live.  What would be charged in Manhattan would never fly in Peoria.
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline ACinKC

• Bring it VIRUS! #2 Ranked In-crowd Member!
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2007, 12:06:32 pm »
Jesus.  We have 3 ladies that come clean our house and its like 75 an hour or something!

Id do more than 10 bucks an hour.
LIFE is not a race to the grave with the intention of arriving safely
in a pretty and well-preserved body, but, rather to skid in broadside,
thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming--WOW! WHAT A
RIDE!!!

Offline bear60

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2007, 12:09:44 pm »
Daniel
I was going to say 10 dollars an hour MINIMUM, plus gas but I wanted to wait to see what someone else said first.  You confirmed what I was thinking.
After seing the other post maybe raise it to 15 dollars an hour no "gas" extra.

3 ladies: 75 an hour = 25 per hour each.  But did they start out at 25 an hour?

Offline ademas

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2007, 12:29:12 pm »
I quoted $75 per week, which is a steal, but I have the time, and I would actually like to do it.

(I also factored in the fact that I'm right there 3x per week already for doctor appointments, Costco, Top Foods, the off-leash dog park for my dog, etc.) 

Thanks guys.

Offline ACinKC

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2007, 01:00:27 pm »
Daniel
I was going to say 10 dollars an hour MINIMUM, plus gas but I wanted to wait to see what someone else said first.  You confirmed what I was thinking.
After seing the other post maybe raise it to 15 dollars an hour no "gas" extra.

3 ladies: 75 an hour = 25 per hour each.  But did they start out at 25 an hour?

I actually think its more than that.  Like maybe twice that amount.  But im not sure and YES they did start out at that rate!  Only had them for a few weeks now.... speaking of which, they should be at the house right....about...... NOW!

Edited to add the $75 an hour is correct, had to call the wife to confirm, they are there two hours once a week so thats where I got the $150 number stuck in my head.  And they clean 2 floors of a 4 bed. house TOP TO BOTTOM.

You can get more than 75 a week!
« Last Edit: February 05, 2007, 01:03:10 pm by ACinKC »
RIDE!!!

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2007, 01:02:03 pm »
You could charge more by providing this service in the nude.
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline DanielMark

« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2007, 01:39:09 pm »
Daniel
I was going to say 10 dollars an hour MINIMUM, plus gas but I wanted to wait to see what someone else said first.  You confirmed what I was thinking.

I suppose a lot depends on various factors, but that's what I would charge, Bear. I don't think that's too little for doing "very light work" as Ademas posted.

I quoted $75 per week, which is a steal, but I have the time, and I would actually like to do it.

I think that's more than reasonable, Ademas.

Daniel
MEDS: REYATAZ & KIVEXA (SINCE AUG 2008)

MAY 2000 LAB RESULTS: CD4 678
VL STILL UNDETECTABLE

DIAGNOSED IN 1988

Offline ademas

« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2007, 01:51:37 pm »
You could charge more by providing this service in the nude.

Hell...I'd feel obliged to pay them...
 ;D

Offline Longislander

« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2007, 02:05:07 pm »
I know dog walkers around here get $16 a walk (or so). The rest I'm not sure of.

If you think it's fair, and they think it's fair, it's all good!
infected 10/05 diagnosed 12-05
2/06   379/57000                    6/07 372/30500 25%   4/09 640/U/32% 
5/06   ?? /37000                     8/07 491/55000/24%    9/09 913/U/39%
8/06   349/9500 25%              11/07 515/68000/24     2/10 845/U/38%
9/06   507/16,000 30% !          2/08  516/116k/22%    7/10 906/80/39%
12/06 398/29000 26%             Start Atripla 3/08
3/07   402/80,000 29%            4/08  485/undet!/27
4/07   507/35,000 25%            7/08 625/UD/34%
                                                 11/08 684/U/36%

Offline Life

• Member 2005
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2007, 02:24:24 pm »
400 per week in Aspen honey... But you didnt wana hear that now did ya.. ;)  Nude,  Well add 2k to that.. ;D

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2007, 02:27:02 pm »
Dear kids, if you want me to take you around the block that will be 16 bucks each. If you want your meals that will be 10 bucks each. Now if you quit shitting on the floor we'll call it even.

Offline woodshere

• ain't no shame in my game
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2007, 02:32:13 pm »
scoop 2 cat litters.
I have a little side business of dog/house sitting which is a great supplement to my full time job, plus I get to stay in great homes with lots of cool gadgets and such.
When I told my ID doc about it and mentioned cats were sometimes involved he said that wasn't the best idea because of the disease that can be transmitted from the litter (forget what it is called).  Probably highly unlikely, but I choose not to risk it.

Woods
"Let us give pubicity to HV/AIDS and not hide it..." "One of the things destroying people with AIDS is the stigma we attach to it."   Nelson Mandela

Offline ademas

« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2007, 02:42:04 pm »
Toxoplasmosis...I know about it.

I've had 2 cats for 13 years, and I'm always aware of it when I change or scoop the cat litter.  I'm just very careful about it. 

I should probably take more precautions than I do--but I don't.  I just wash my hands thoroughly afterwards and pretty much hold my breath while I'm scooping.

Offline ACinKC

« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2007, 02:47:24 pm »
I just shot the cat.  Problem solved, and no more litter box!
RIDE!!!

Offline Ihavehope

• Yes, I'm a cry baby, AND WHAT?
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2007, 02:57:08 pm »
Toxoplasmosis...I know about it.

I've had 2 cats for 13 years, and I'm always aware of it when I change or scoop the cat litter.  I'm just very careful about it. 

I should probably take more precautions than I do--but I don't.  I just wash my hands thoroughly afterwards and pretty much hold my breath while I'm scooping.

What is toxoplasmosis and what are the symptoms? Is it curable?
Infected: April 2005
12/6/06 - Diagnosed HIV positive
12/19/06 - CD4 = 240  22% VL = 26,300
1/4/07 - CD4 = 200 16% VL = ?
2/9/07 = Started Kaletra/Truvada
3/13/07 = CD4 = 386 22% VL ?

Offline bear60

« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2007, 02:58:49 pm »
Toxoplasmosis

Toxoplasmosis
(TOX-o-plaz-MO-sis)
 Download PDF version formatted for print

What is toxoplasmosis?
How do people get toxoplasmosis?
What are the symptoms of toxoplasmosis?
Who is at risk for developing severe toxoplasmosis?
What should I do if I am at risk for severe toxoplasmosis?
What should I do if I think I may have toxoplasmosis?
What is the treatment for toxoplasmosis?
How can I prevent toxoplasmosis?
Am I able to keep my cat?
Once infected with Toxoplasma is my cat always able to spread the infection to me?

What is toxoplasmosis?
A single-celled parasite called Toxoplasma gondii causes a disease known as toxoplasmosis. While the parasite is found throughout the world, more than 60 million people in the United States may be infected with the Toxoplasma parasite. Of those who are infected, very few have symptoms because a healthy person's immune system usually keeps the parasite from causing illness. However, pregnant women and individuals who have compromised immune systems should be cautious; for them, a Toxoplasma infection could cause serious health problems.

How do people get toxoplasmosis?
A Toxoplasma infection occurs by:

Accidentally swallowing cat feces from a Toxoplasma-infected cat that is shedding the organism in its feces. This might happen if you were to accidentally touch your hands to your mouth after gardening, cleaning a cat's litter box, or touching anything that has come into contact with cat feces. Eating contaminated raw or partly cooked meat, especially pork, lamb, or venison; by touching your hands to your mouth after handling undercooked meat.
Contaminating food with knives, utensils, cutting boards and other foods that have had contact with raw meat.
Drinking water contaminated with Toxoplasma.
Receiving an infected organ transplant or blood transfusion, though this is rare.

What are the symptoms of toxoplasmosis?
Symptoms of the infection vary.

Most people who become infected with Toxoplasma are not aware of it.
Some people who have toxoplasmosis may feel as if they have the "flu" with swollen lymph glands or muscle aches and pains that last for a month or more.
Severe toxoplasmosis, causing damage to the brain, eyes, or other organs, can develop from an acute Toxoplasma infection or one that had occurred earlier in life and is now reactivated. Severe cases are more likely in individuals who have weak immune systems, though occasionally, even persons with healthy immune systems may experience eye damage from toxoplasmosis.
Most infants who are infected while still in the womb have no symptoms at birth, but they may develop symptoms later in life. A small percentage of infected newborns have serious eye or brain damage at birth.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2007, 03:00:44 pm by bear60 »

Offline bear60

« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2007, 03:04:10 pm »
IHave....
Toxo is not much of a threat with adult house cats...I read somewhere that its only kittens who are really infectious.  What do I know.
But its just one of many commonly occuring viruses or parasits that HIV positive people have to be careful about.  I think the most likely one to cause problems is cryptosporidium in the water.  Which is why we have a filter on our water which will filter it out.
Modified to add:  Washing hands is the ONE thing that helps the most.  Wash your hands after bathroom, after going outside and coming in, after handling pets and food, after work,  after shopping.  I know it sounds compulsive but it works.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2007, 03:36:47 pm by bear60 »

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2007, 06:37:47 pm »
I agree that 75 a week would be a steal but it's whatever feel fair to you. Have you discussed fees yet with the employer?
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

Offline jack

• fomerly the loser known as Jake
« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2007, 06:45:52 pm »
I paid a high school kid 15 to 20 bucks a day to walk my dogs twice and feed them. 110-150- a week
paid him 30 a week to mow my lawn.
Its really tough to get someone up once you start, so start high and come down.

Offline Christine

« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2007, 07:49:18 pm »
I would call around in your area and price cleaning services, dog walking services, and grass cutting to get an idea of what the going rate is.

In regards to the toxo- just wear disposable gloves, and throw them out, then wash your hands.

It will be nice for you to get out of the house, and to earn a little extra money. Sounds like a good thing to me.

Christine
Poz since '93. Currently on Procrit, Azithromax, Pentamidine, Valcyte, Levothyroxine, Zoloft, Epzicom, Prezista, Viread, Norvir, and GS-9137 study drug. As needed: Trazodone, Atavan, Diflucan, Zofran, Hydrocodone, Octreotide

5/30/07 t-cells 9; vl 275,000

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.