Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 08:30:43 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37651
  • Latest: Toropi_
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773288
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 795
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 574
Total: 575

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Shit People Say About AIDS  (Read 3293 times)

Offline tednlou2

Shit People Say About AIDS
« on: February 06, 2012, 02:07:19 am »
Saw this on the poz.com homepage, and wanted to share it for those who missed it.  Rush is an idiot as usual.  Family Guy's "You've Got AIDS" song is sometimes hard to watch.  I actually enjoyed the Seinfeld episode where Kramer was bullied for not wearing an AIDS ribbon. 

However, I always thought that episode was odd.  Kramer is doing the AIDS walk.  But, Elaine is trying to find the Sponge, obviously for unprotected sex.  And, her boyfriend tells her he has perfect blood tests and they end up shagging.  Just seemed so odd to have in the same episode, but I suppose they weren't making a safe-sex statement.  Or, maybe they were pointing out conflicting beliefs??   

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=bW6Nr3ZxCLM

Offline emeraldize

Re: Shit People Say About AIDS
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2012, 09:02:57 am »
TnL

Thanks for posting in a thread. I saw this the other day on POZ and had to play it twice cuz I LOVE South Park and Cartman's just a howl.

I love the whole YouTube zoo of Shit People Say About X videos. Thanks to the Canadians who got the ball rolling.

Em
« Last Edit: February 07, 2012, 01:02:21 am by emeraldize »

Offline liketheboat

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2012, 12:13:50 pm »
I saw this on the homepage a few days ago too. I thought the satire pieces were out of place on there.  I love Family Guy and South Park, and dont find those offensive at all, mostly because both of those shows make fun of everything, and I am confident that they are not singling out us pozzies. I dont understand why Tina Fey made this either.  Its the hateful "christians" on this that really get under my skin.
Aaron
Memorial Day 2010 Seroconverted
Labor Day 2010 tested positive
Oct 2010 cd4 359 vl 6,500
Dec 2010 cd4 vl 306
Jan 2011 started Atripla
Feb 2011 cd4 250 vl ud
April 2011 cd4 399 vl ud
June 2011 cd4 293 vl ud
October 2011 cd4 354 vl ud
March 2012 cd4 561 vl ud

Offline denb45

• "1987 Classic Old School POZ+"
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2012, 12:21:23 pm »
They all got teh AIDS, he has teh AIDS, she has teh AIDS, we all got teh fucking AIDS, we wouldn't be here on this web-site if we didn't all have teh AIDS , I'm glad to be here :D
"it's so nice to be insane, cause no-one ask you to explain" Helen Reddy cc 1974

Offline LM

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2012, 12:40:14 pm »
Don't know why they included some comedy sketches. Tina Fey is damn right. And I love that Family Guy song, I don't feel offended by it at all. I actually plan to show it to a friend when I tell him I'm poz.

There's another scene about AIDS at another Family Guy episode, but I still find it very funny, because they know they go too far (hence the old man yelling "NOT OK!!"), it's on purpose:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_sR09ZMSYg

Offline Joe K

• Standard
  • 31 Years Poz
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2012, 02:26:41 pm »
I saw this on the homepage a few days ago too. I thought the satire pieces were out of place on there.  I love Family Guy and South Park, and dont find those offensive at all, mostly because both of those shows make fun of everything, and I am confident that they are not singling out us pozzies. I dont understand why Tina Fey made this either.  Its the hateful "christians" on this that really get under my skin.

Watch Tina again.  After reporting on a scientific finding that may produce onions, that do not make people cry, her punch line was: "Hey guys: AIDS, there's still a lot of people dying of AIDS.  Put the onion thing on the back burner and cure AIDS."  I think it's crucial for us pozzies to show our gratitude and respect for anyone who supports our community.  To me, it's very therapeutic to see support for our struggle on shows like SNL that have long sought to influence public perceptions.  We certainly can use all the help we can get.

Joe

Offline liketheboat

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2012, 03:30:27 pm »
Sorry, i worded that wrong. I ment i dont understand why Tina Fey made the list. i was very confused why she was included on this. I found nothing offensive of what she said. I completly agree with you.
Aaron
Memorial Day 2010 Seroconverted
Labor Day 2010 tested positive
Oct 2010 cd4 359 vl 6,500
Dec 2010 cd4 vl 306
Jan 2011 started Atripla
Feb 2011 cd4 250 vl ud
April 2011 cd4 399 vl ud
June 2011 cd4 293 vl ud
October 2011 cd4 354 vl ud
March 2012 cd4 561 vl ud

Offline zach

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2012, 08:14:09 pm »
we're only as offended as we want to be... if i couldn't laugh about it... then it'd be really depressing

lettuce, tomato, mayo, and AIDS!!!! do anybody gotta problem with that?!

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.