Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 15, 2024, 11:50:47 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37634
  • Latest: Hope007
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773156
  • Total Topics: 66329
  • Online Today: 452
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 208
Total: 208

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Report card is innn. <.<;.  (Read 4376 times)

Offline Mouse

• Om nom nom.
Report card is innn. <.<;.
« on: November 30, 2006, 10:41:22 pm »
This is not that good. =/. But please be understanding as I TRANSFERRED SCHOOLS TWICE, was behind 3 weeks on work and got crazy sick in the middle of it all.

Anyway, with that in mind:

JASER'S REPORT CARD OF DOOM. (Doooooom).

AP Environmental Science - 100
Art 3 - 66
CP Geometry - 83
Creative Writing I - 91
Honors British Literature - 65
Honors World History - 87
PE General - 80

Class Rank: 219 out of 724

First marking period total average: 81.7143

Weighted Cumulative Average: (My actual total average to date) 87.3437

I plan on doing a lot better. I need to get that weighted. cum average to an A. x_x;.

Offline Longislander

Re: Report card is innn. <.<;.
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2006, 10:53:52 pm »
It's not so bad considering....

Perhaps you can pose some questions to the brits on here to help bring that grade up?

No ass-whooping , this time........... ;)

Paul
infected 10/05 diagnosed 12-05
2/06   379/57000                    6/07 372/30500 25%   4/09 640/U/32% 
5/06   ?? /37000                     8/07 491/55000/24%    9/09 913/U/39%
8/06   349/9500 25%              11/07 515/68000/24     2/10 845/U/38%
9/06   507/16,000 30% !          2/08  516/116k/22%    7/10 906/80/39%
12/06 398/29000 26%             Start Atripla 3/08
3/07   402/80,000 29%            4/08  485/undet!/27
4/07   507/35,000 25%            7/08 625/UD/34%
                                                 11/08 684/U/36%

Offline yowsaa

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2006, 03:56:53 am »
Very Good Jaser !!

I for one am proud of you !

yowsaa (who scraped through highschool with a C+ and never missed a day, lol)

Offline Mouse

• Om nom nom.
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2006, 12:49:20 pm »
I'm just happy I'm not failing anything. I thought I would be for sure, and I haven't failed anything since 6th grade. Bleh.

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2006, 01:02:43 pm »
A "D" in art young man? No ice cream for you...now go to your room...you are grounded.

Offline MSPspud

• Joined Mar 2005 - Formerly UofMurbs
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2006, 01:22:05 pm »
Wow, this is completely opposite from what I'd expect (low in art & lit, high in the math & science).  I think there are a lot of bright spots on this report and more so what you need to do better in, should not be a struggle going forward.  You've been through a lot, kid.  Keep at it and just know that it pays off.  Not a bad rank, either. 

PS.  I LOVED World History.

Offline Mouse

• Om nom nom.
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2006, 02:11:41 pm »
I'm notorious in my art class for getting cranky and throwing out drawings and paintings and stuff halfway done because I don't like finishing them how I'm told to.

And taking low grades or zeros for it.

=/

Offline sweetasmeli

• Love what you are...
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2006, 02:31:18 pm »
Less paper cutting and more studying young man! :P

Actually I haven't a clue what those scores mean? Are they %s?
Pls can you translate what equates an A B C etc...?

Miss Melia
/\___/\       /\__/\
(=' . '=)    (=' . '=)
(,,,_ ,,,)/   (,,,_ ,,,)/ Cats rule!

The difference between cats and dogs is that dogs come when called, whereas cats take a message and get back to you.

Yeia kai hara (health and happiness) to everyone!

Offline cph9680

« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2006, 03:10:19 pm »
That's definitely not too bad, nothing to be ashamed of!  With the exception of British Lit and Art, those are all reasonble grades

Offline Eldon

« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2006, 11:10:59 pm »
Hey Jaser,

Through it all, I would say that you turned out with a very good average. It gives you a snapshot of some areas to focus on. Keep up the good work.

Make the BEST of each Day!

Offline RobT

« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2006, 12:10:00 am »
Jaser-
U did a lot better in Art then I did. Amazingly, ppl fail in that subject. I did, although my art teacher claimed that she wud never fail anyone. I also failed shop as well...just cuz I cud not draw a str8 line (go figure...)

RobT
Current meds: Atripla
VL: undetectable
CD4: 630

Offline bear60

« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2006, 06:14:02 pm »
Hi
If you are interested, Mouse, I can give you the TEACHERS point of view.  First: you are in the class to learn. Second: part of learning is being able to follow instructions Third: when you have an assignment, you can discuss it with the teacher and the TWO of you can work something out.
The only F I ever gave in Art was to a really nice gay guy who worked as a waiter/bartender at a place I frequented. I hated to give him an F but he did not drop the class ( as he should have) and never came to class and never turned in any work.  That F will follow him to his grave, I hate to say.  Talk to your teacher and work something out , always turn in something.  Never skip classes.
Hope this gives you some help.
Poz Bear Type in Philadelphia

Offline ndrew

• ....-.-.-.-.-.....
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2006, 12:30:42 am »
Hi Jaser,

Sorry about art class.  As an artist, I was always dumping all of my energy into that... I do think creativity should have some freedom at times.  The famous experimental animator, Jules Engel, who passed away in 2003, told a story to my class at California Institute of the Arts (where he taught) once of how his teacher in grade school noticed he liked to draw shapes and color.  She let him stay inside during recess and he followed his creative urge... she inspired him to work and he created his own visual, animated language.

Here some pics... http://www.netropolitan.org/engel/engel_work.html 

I think Bear60 has some great advice, however I wish sometimes the instruction would be to follow yourself!  What is art is it is not (at times) fun?!

Bests,
Drew

Offline bear60

« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2006, 01:26:06 am »
 You know, a good instructor will recognize the creative students and encourage individual development!!!! But really.....this is just between Mouse and his Instructor. 
« Last Edit: December 05, 2006, 04:38:50 pm by bear60 »
Poz Bear Type in Philadelphia

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.