Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:50:46 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772945
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 379
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 352
Total: 353

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Poll

has anyone gone on the one in october? please tell me about it

yes
no

Author Topic: Gay cruises  (Read 3798 times)

Offline pozhealthy

Gay cruises
« on: June 03, 2008, 11:35:33 pm »
I am just wondering who has gone on the ones in the past and was it worth it.

Offline DCGUY2007

Re: Gay cruises
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2008, 05:29:20 am »
I registered to go on this one in October. I have been on a few gay cruises before but never the poz cruise. I hear it is fun but I have been to most of the ports before so would only be going to meet other poz friends.

I hope it is fun. I'm still thinking of canceling though...but I have time to think about it some more.

Offline pozhealthy

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2008, 09:03:22 pm »
i am thinking of going as well. never have been on a cruise.  not sure if a "poz" one is going to be my thing. 
are the gay cruises just all sex sex sex?  what to expect?

Offline Longislander

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2008, 11:01:22 pm »
I went on a gay cruise back in the 90's, with my lover ( so I have no idea if they're all just sex, sex and more sex-lol) But we did have a GREAT time!  I even won $1000 on a slot machine~

I haven't been on the one coming up in October, but if I'm not mistaken, it's not entirely POZ, only a group of maybe 200 pozzies(mixed gay and straight)
infected 10/05 diagnosed 12-05
2/06   379/57000                    6/07 372/30500 25%   4/09 640/U/32% 
5/06   ?? /37000                     8/07 491/55000/24%    9/09 913/U/39%
8/06   349/9500 25%              11/07 515/68000/24     2/10 845/U/38%
9/06   507/16,000 30% !          2/08  516/116k/22%    7/10 906/80/39%
12/06 398/29000 26%             Start Atripla 3/08
3/07   402/80,000 29%            4/08  485/undet!/27
4/07   507/35,000 25%            7/08 625/UD/34%
                                                 11/08 684/U/36%

Offline atxpozguy

• POZ+ 32 year milestone reached for Austin man
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2008, 05:58:57 am »
I have been on three cruises, one gay, one with family and the other poz. After the last cruise with the family, although, I seemed to spend more times in cabins of gay men I met while laying by the pool wearing a pride gstring. The poz cruise I went on with friends several years ago was superb, reminded me of weekend nights in the group sex rooms at Midtowne Spa. It was unfortunate for three men who passed away before returning Miami, but all three of them enjoyed themselves like there was no tomorrow. One thing I got out of all three cruises, was meeting lots of interesting and sexy men.

But, the Gay Cruises were worth the money, because not in my wildest sustiva dreams would I ever imagine what happened over a 5 day cruise. Yes, sex is an understatement, with the twinks running around the ship half naked providing room service and personal massages.

But, I had lots of fun....Take lots of condoms, because condoms on a cruise ship cost $6 each...
32 years poz LTS with no expiration date

Diagnosed HIV 1982
Diagnosed AIDS 2001

As of June 2015, VL <20 CD 435 26%

Currently taking a daily total of 17 meds while only two meds for AIDS, the rest for other body organs effected by years of retrovirals. Diagnosed with Lung Cancer 2012, COPD Stage 4 2015, IBS 2013, Chronic Cystitis, Chronic Renal Failure, Hearing Loss, Depression and everyday comes with different health episodes which has sent me to the Er via EMS on a regular basis.  My quality of life has been impacted dramatically.

Offline sharkdiver

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2008, 10:32:42 am »
I don't think I'd ever want to go on a gay cruise, truthfully. I'm too much of a loner and I like my alone time. I feel absolutely uncomfortable in crowds, add a bunch of drunk gay guys and predators... that would be pure hell for me. Plus  I'd rather be in the ocean with real sharks   ;)

I do go on gay scuba trips, but that is quite different.

Offline cmhjeff

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2008, 01:54:27 pm »
i am thinking of going as well. never have been on a cruise.  not sure if a "poz" one is going to be my thing. 
are the gay cruises just all sex sex sex?  what to expect?
We went on the POZ cruise last year and had a fantastic time. We were there as a couple so I can only speak for the sex going on in our cabin.  ;) In my opinion it's not all about the sex but I'm sure it happens. I hope you have had a chance to read the 2008 POZ Cruise thread in the Off Topics forum.

http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=18120.msg270728#msg270728

I've never taken an all gay cruise as a passenger but I did work on an RSVP ship in 1993 and there was a lot of sex going on but it wasn't a floating bath house.

Offline GSOgymrat

• HIV+ since 1993. Relentlessly gay.
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2008, 02:51:59 pm »
My best friend is going on a 10-day gay Mediterranean cruise next month. I'm looking forward toward hearing the tale. As he said "For $4000 I sure as hell better get laid!"

Offline LiveWithIt

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2008, 02:16:57 pm »
One thing I don't like so far s that member are looking for "fit, attractive" people to share rooms with.  I think it sucks that guys think they are gonna be paired in rooms with Brad Pitt.

If you are so shallow, you should just spend the extra money and get a room by yourself.
Pray God you can cope
I know you have a little life in you yet.
I know you have a lot of strength left.

Offline Jeff64

« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2008, 04:27:04 pm »
I haven't been on a gay cruise, but have been on two out of california to Baja. Had a great time and I think they purposefully put us with cool and fun gals for dinner.

We had a total blast both times.

Jeff

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.