Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:50:19 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772945
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 377
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 361
Total: 362

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Best HIV Dating Sites? Very Depressed.  (Read 38172 times)

Offline TheRoof

Best HIV Dating Sites? Very Depressed.
« on: November 18, 2009, 08:30:40 pm »
Even though I live in Arizona. I tried to make a post on Craigslist saying "Young Poz Guy Here" And even posted a body pic (Which is very fit actually), the only guys that replied where like 6 old(er), overweight, balding guys in their late 30's-40's.

My question is what are some large HIV poz sites besides HIV poz personals. Personally it is the HARDEST thing to find another fit young guy to just cuddle with who is HIV+. He doesn't even have to be fit, just young (18-30) I would feel comfortable dating people who are on HIV+ because they can walk in my shoes and know how it feels to have this.

I am getting really depressed about this. Sometimes I just want to die, but I can't bring myself to do it. I tried to talk to my psychiatrist about this, but go no where.  Anyone had similar situation to mine. How where U able to deal with this. I feel like I have no will to go on anymore.

« Last Edit: November 18, 2009, 09:25:57 pm by TheRoof »

Offline max123

• Carpe Diem
Re: Best HIV Dating Sites? Very Depressed.
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2009, 10:14:42 pm »
hi roof.

it sounds like you're still feeling a little isolated. but despite this minor (but seemingly major) detail in the scope of your life, there's still plenty of reason to "go on."

have you checked with your local health department to see if they have a poz youth support group? i would imagine that you're not the only one in your shoes there in arizona.

it's good that you're now thinking outside your immediate age group, as well. i'd imagine that improves your odds of finding a nice poz or poz friendly guy to cuddle with, or even a fb, if that's your gig. again, maybe an interactive support group will help open you up to meeting new people (not necessarily only the ones at the groups, but their poz friends as well that don't attend support group.). the holidays are coming and it's a good time of year to meet & greet. you've got to start somewhere...

adam4adam & poz.com might be cool things to try as well, but of course, more random. i think craigslist is typically used more by hustlers, which might explain the responses to your ad.

good luck  ;)

max

« Last Edit: November 18, 2009, 10:26:37 pm by max123 »
1/86 - 6/08 (annually): neg elisa
7/09: pos elisa/pos wb
8/09: cd4 560, cd4% 35, vl 13,050
12/09: cd4 568, cd4% 33, vl 2,690
4/10: cd4 557, cd4% 29.3, vl 6,440
7/10: cd4 562, cd4% 29.6, vl 3,780

Offline decayingsinner

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2009, 10:15:32 pm »
If it's any consolation, I met my partner from manhunt.  The absolute last place I thought I would find love.  But by now (if you read my thread), it seems like we are meant to be.  Love comes when you least expect it. Trust me. I wasn't looking either.   It just happened and then things fell into place.

Offline TheRoof

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2009, 10:53:34 pm »
Thank You Guys I'll try Manhunt and Adam4Adam.

Are those websites free. Or Do You Have To Subscribe and Pay Monthly. When I see my doctor on December 15th I will talk to her.

Should I actually talk to my Case Manager Regarding Finding People In My Age Range? Should That Person Be Of Any Help? If they were to do a "Search" in the data to find people in my age gap.

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2009, 11:21:37 pm »
Case Managers do not provide dating agency services I'm afraid.  I can't fathom why you would think they would do that with tax payer money.
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline TheRoof

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2009, 11:24:24 pm »
Case Managers do not provide dating agency services I'm afraid.

This might have been un-ethical about two months ago I was having an evaluation done. The guy who did searched my name in the "Data Base" By Age. I peaked over the shoulder. There was a guy there who was 25 that was the age.  I wish I could have remembered his name :(

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2009, 11:25:39 pm »
You're right, that was unethical.

Offline newhorizon80

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2009, 11:28:25 pm »
I agree with what some have said, when you're not looking for love is when it just shows up, but you have to be patient.

Try.. losangeles.manhunt.net  ..you'll get 2 weeks free.. I'm not from LA, but got it from a friend living out there and it worked.  I'm a Manhunt fan, I don't hook up often from that site, but I enjoy looking at the pics and profiles (window shopping).  I usually will buy a membership when it's on sale ($15 for 3 months, versus $30).  Adam4adam is free.
10/30/08: CD4: 486 VL: 13,000
04/23/09: CD4: 456 VL: 8,890
10/27/09: CD4: 358 VL: 6,260
04/27/10: CD4: 413 VL: 7,800
10/19/10: CD4: 416 VL: 26,400*
11/15/10: CD4: 499 VL: 0*
04/05/11: CD4: 521
09/20/11: CD4: 585
03/06/12: CD4: 634
05/29/12: CD4: 643
08/21/12: CD4: 968

Offline TheRoof

« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2009, 11:30:22 pm »
I agree with what some have said, when you're not looking for love is when it just shows up, but you have to be patient.

Try.. losangeles.manhunt.net  ..you'll get 2 weeks free.. I'm not from LA, but got it from a friend living out there and it worked.  I'm a Manhunt fan, I don't hook up often from that site, but I enjoy looking at the pics and profiles (window shopping).  I usually will buy a membership when it's on sale ($15 for 3 months, versus $30).  Adam4adam is free.

Goes To Register for Adam4Adam to find a Cuddle Buddy.  :) Thank U  :D

Offline max123

• Carpe Diem
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2009, 07:17:57 am »
hi again roof.

sounds like you're on the right track.

your case manager won't be able to arranges dates for you, but should be able to tell you if there's an hiv/aids support group they are affiliated with, or can recommend. the rest will be up to you.

happy hunting  ;)

max

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2009, 08:19:30 am »
Hi Roof ... You mentioned in your post about being depressed . Finding someone to cuddle with can be a nice diversion but I would urge you to deal with your feelings of depression head on with a councilor or therapist . If you are truly depressed you may find yourself revisiting the issue again and again ... date or no date .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2009, 09:13:24 am »
Ouch!  Hubris of youth. 1) How can a group of guys be in their late 30's and late 40's at the same time. It's not the same age at all, you realise.  Overweight - are you a body fascist?  Maybe you could have taken a date with one of the 30's guys, at least.  And a 40's guy might be an eye opener even if there's not sexual vibe.
Love comes when you don't look and often from someone you weren't looking for.

I had an affair at 30 with a guy 60, it was a big surprise for me.  Before that, I had always wanted someone similar - age, looks, education, etc.  Then I had the "PERFECT" gorgeous kind lovely fling one summer in Paris and the heartbreak afterwards cured me of the "hunt for beauty" and "hunt for prefection." In fact, suddenly I saw everyone's humanity and interest and the physical didn't seem to matter too much.  In a bar or party, of course I'd still be attracted sexually to bombs, but I recognised that for what it was - not very mature way to base a long term relationship.

2) Try the supermarkets of Manhunt and Adam4Adam, you can search thousands and thousands of guys down to the last detail of age, weight, body type, dick size, seropositive status.  
Remember that on such sites, its rather common that guys will announce on their profile HIV negative or "no information/did not answer) -- but then, if you are announced HIV+, they will contact you and admit pretty quickly they are positive as well.  Try not to judge for lying, they are just playing the game. Judging too early will limit your prospects, and it seems to me that you want a lot of prospects so you can get the gem.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2009, 09:15:43 am by mecch »
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2009, 10:49:29 am »
Ouch!  Hubris of youth. 1) How can a group of guys be in their late 30's and late 40's at the same time. It's not the same age at all, you realise.  Overweight - are you a body fascist?  Maybe you could have taken a date with one of the 30's guys, at least.  And a 40's guy might be an eye opener even if there's not sexual vibe.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with being open and honest about one's sexual preference.  Just because you prefer to date people around you own age who are not overweight does not mean you are hate older people or overweight people, just that you are not sexually attracted to them.

Offline WildcatCC

« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2009, 01:18:08 pm »
Adam4Adam is probably your best bet. I've/we've met some very cool people from that site. One is a weekly tennis partner now. It can be about sex, friendship, voyerism or whatever you wish it to be.

Just create a unique profile that will drive people to you.

Good luck.
Apr  08 - Diagnosed
Apr  08  cd4 8, vl 150k
Meds: Prezista/Norvir/Truvada
June 08 cd4 250, vl 1600
Aug  08 cd4 275, vl 450
Meds: Atripla
Nov  08  cd4  386, vl 255
Jan   09  cd4  415, vl 2100 (spike?)
Feb   09  cd4 460, vl 212
May   09  cd4 515, vl 1200
Aug   09  cd4 717, vl 1535 % 23
Sept  09  cd4 535  vl 1710 % 18
Oct   09  genotype shows mutation. Discussing w/ ID Doc
Nov  09   cd4 480  vl 650   % 19
Dec  09 genotype slight mutation to Epivir and Retrovir
Jan 10   cd4 508 vl 250 (21%)  low vitamin d - on supplement 2000 iu/day
Mar 15 Change to Isentress and Truvada
May 5 cd4 498 vl 1485
June 16 cd4 550 vl undect!!!! (finally dammit)

Offline TheRoof

« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2009, 01:55:59 pm »
There's absolutely nothing wrong with being open and honest about one's sexual preference.  Just because you prefer to date people around you own age who are not overweight does not mean you are hate older people or overweight people, just that you are not sexually attracted to them.

Exactly. I don't think there is anything wrong with having preferences. I'm just not attracted to them. It's not like my preferences are that far fetched. I don't hate older people, or overweight people. I don't judge by physical when it comes to friendship, but I wouldn't be sexually attracted to them.

Basically a guy who is like 18 to 30 (I'll even go to 33 if he is in shape and good looking). It would be arrogant if I was saying stuff like. "I Want A Fit Caucasian Guy Who Is My Height, Weight, Top Or Bottom who is Hiv+. That is me raising the standard too high. I don't think my standard is that bad. At all actually. Just a guy in my age range.
Plus 2 of the guys who e-mailed me had missing teeth. Why would they smile in the picture? I have no idea. Plus they send me photos Naked pics of themselves, and a picture of their cock.  :-X

Dating someone twice my age isn't very comfortable. Why would a grown man be interested in teenage boys?
I'm only 19. I'm just a kid.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2009, 05:44:45 pm by TheRoof »

Offline TheRoof

« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2009, 02:10:33 pm »
P.S. is there an inbox for Adam4Adam because I can't find one. Where would it be?

Offline mecch

« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2009, 02:38:46 pm »
(I'll even go to 33 if he is in shape and good looking).
 Dating someone twice my age isn't very comfortable. Why would a grown man be interested in teenage boys?

First quote kinda more evidence for my observation.

Second, yes of course everyone has a right to his own preferences, lord knows. Also, didn't realise you were 19. 

However, back to my observation - well, as I said, when i was 30 I realised that a relationship can be based on many many things besides sexual attraction, which can build as the connection develops - attraction may not be there right away.  Its human to have attraction be the basis for relations that are explosive at the start.

Now I know a fair amount of attractive guys in their 40s who want relationships and haven't had them for years, if ever, cause of sticking to a 19-year old's criteria and value scheme.  If the toothless deluded ones who contact you are of that ilk, you're smart to avoid them. But also, please avoid turning into a lonely one like them. 
As I said, you won't finally predict who's gonna love you, and who you'll love in return. 
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline WildcatCC

« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2009, 02:49:16 pm »
One more thought. When you reject those old toothless gargoyles, please try to do so in a manner that befits class and tact.

Just because they had the temerity to contact you, offend your senses and tarnish your views of dating, doesn't mean you have to sink to low levels and berate them for acting upon an old queen's proclivities.

I'm sure you will rise above and show a level of maturity that even you can be proud of.
Apr  08 - Diagnosed
Apr  08  cd4 8, vl 150k
Meds: Prezista/Norvir/Truvada
June 08 cd4 250, vl 1600
Aug  08 cd4 275, vl 450
Meds: Atripla
Nov  08  cd4  386, vl 255
Jan   09  cd4  415, vl 2100 (spike?)
Feb   09  cd4 460, vl 212
May   09  cd4 515, vl 1200
Aug   09  cd4 717, vl 1535 % 23
Sept  09  cd4 535  vl 1710 % 18
Oct   09  genotype shows mutation. Discussing w/ ID Doc
Nov  09   cd4 480  vl 650   % 19
Dec  09 genotype slight mutation to Epivir and Retrovir
Jan 10   cd4 508 vl 250 (21%)  low vitamin d - on supplement 2000 iu/day
Mar 15 Change to Isentress and Truvada
May 5 cd4 498 vl 1485
June 16 cd4 550 vl undect!!!! (finally dammit)

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2009, 03:04:09 pm »

Let's not go there darling. :)  Well, actually I could go there and psychoanalyze these sorts but I won't.

Pay absolutely no heed to anyone who criticizes your sexual preferences, though I may note that since your first postings on this subject you have enlarged your age preference slightly, which as I stated previously is probably prudent, but only because of the considerations of your HIV status and your more isolated geographic location.

When I was your age I only dated guys more or less my own age.  It's totally normal.  Ten years from now you'll probably do a +/- 10 years span, but getting to that is a progression.  And frankly, aside from the sexual preference issue, it's also about cultural similarities when you move on to the relationship level.  I think that's even a more important rationale.

My only other advice to you is that if you are honestly depressed, do not depend on the company of another to relieve you of all of that.  If you want a relationship it's better to get a handle on depression issues before locating McDreamy.  Otherwise you don't fall in love for the person, but more for the idea of falling in love, which leads to all sorts of negative co-dependency issues as one ages, and that's just not a very fetching trait.

Offline TheRoof

« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2009, 04:54:18 pm »
One more thought. When you reject those old toothless gargoyles, please try to do so in a manner that befits class and tact.

Just because they had the temerity to contact you, offend your senses and tarnish your views of dating, doesn't mean you have to sink to low levels and berate them for acting upon an old queen's proclivities.

I'm sure you will rise above and show a level of maturity that even you can be proud of.

Do you mean cuss them out on email saying things like.. "Why are you blinding my eyes with those gross-ass photos. Go lose some weight and get veneers for your gaped mouth. You pedophile enabler" In other words belittle their looks and make them feel like crap? No, usually if someone emails me who is wayyyy out there. I don't reply at all. I wouldn't do something mean like that to them.

edit: Plus I made an account for Adam4Adam. Saying I was HIV positive. So far 2 guys replied. One was 38, another didn't have his age, but he did say he had HIV since 1992. So I figure he's an older gentlemen too.

I think guys in their 40's and fit are REALLY HOT!!!
Gerard Butler and Hugh Jackman??? HELLO!!! I would love to have a fling with one, but I don't hook-up. I one day want to introduce the guy to my parents. They wouldn't be very accepting of it. If they found out I was dating a guy older then my parents. I have close-knit of college friends. How awkward would it be us hanging out, and this odd one out 40 year old guy being in the group with a bunch of kids who aren't even old enough to drink yet? It's the same as me dating a 40 year old being in HIS group of friends, and me being this "college kid".  Do You Know What I mean?

« Last Edit: November 19, 2009, 05:25:50 pm by TheRoof »

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
  • Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2009, 05:07:06 pm »
"Why are you blinding my eyes with those gross-ass photos. Go lose some weight and get veneers for your gaped mouth. You pedophile enabler"
ROFLMAO, you rock Roof  :D
leatherman (aka Michael)

We were standing all alone
You were leaning in to speak to me
Acting like a mover shaker
Dancing to Madonna then you kissed me
And I think about it all the time
- Darren Hayes, "Chained to You"

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2009, 05:22:01 pm »

P.S. is there an inbox for Adam4Adam because I can't find one. Where would it be?

You misplaced your inbox? ~giggle~ Really?

Sorry, couldn't resist.

When I was your age, I looked to date people who were under 40. Since I've been in my 40s myself, my preference is for people closer to my own age. These things change over the years. You're entitled to your preferences as long as you're not hurting anyone in the process and it doesn't sound as though you are. Good luck, hope you find a cuddle buddy soon. Just don't settle for second best, there's someone out there who will be a good fit and he'll be worth the wait.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2009, 05:41:09 pm »
because of this thread (bad, evil thread LOL) last night, I signed up there myself.

so the ComputerTutor (my other, other alter-ego) says:
Log in, look at the top menu bar across the site, it says Home/My Account/My Friend/My Mailbox
leatherman (aka Michael)

Offline TheRoof

« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2009, 05:43:10 pm »
because of this thread (bad, evil thread LOL) last night, I signed up there myself.

so the ComputerTutor (my other, other alter-ego) says:
Log in, look at the top menu bar across the site, it says Home/My Account/My Friend/My Mailbox

I'm technologically illiterate. I felt so stupid when I checked it today. The inbox was RIGHT THERE!!! Lol

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2009, 05:53:32 pm »
The inbox was RIGHT THERE!!! Lol
That'll be $25. Thank you  :D jk! ;D
(the going rate for the ComputerTutor's services is actually a very cheap $35 an hr (compared to that horrendous charge the Geek Squad will lay on ya!), but I gave you a first time client discount LOL)

Oh, and since I've over 40, I promise not to look you up and hit on you! ;D :D

leatherman (aka Michael)

Offline GNYC09

« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2009, 06:41:38 pm »

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2009, 07:29:15 pm »

Honest, officer, the thread made me do it!!!! :D
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline TheRoof

« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2009, 07:47:16 pm »
That'll be $25. Thank you  :D jk! ;D
(the going rate for the ComputerTutor's services is actually a very cheap $35 an hr (compared to that horrendous charge the Geek Squad will lay on ya!), but I gave you a first time client discount LOL)

Oh, and since I've over 40, I promise not to look you up and hit on you! ;D :D

Lol I don't mind getting hit  on by older men, as long as they don't send me pictures of their naked bodies and semi-flaccid cocks.   :P

hwy11poz

« Reply #28 on: November 19, 2009, 08:35:25 pm »
Dating someone twice my age isn't very comfortable. Why would a grown man be interested in teenage boys? I'm only 19. I'm just a kid.

You are probably the only 19 year old I've seen who considered himself "just a kid". Most want to be considered adults from 16 years on (got a niece and a nephew in that mode). Most of the men I have dated are in their early to late 20s and I am 45; but we have had many things in common, and both had an attraction to each other. Some people are attracted to someone not close to their own age. I do like younger men, but never date someone looking for a father substitute. I also like men my own age, and if a man I have a lot in common with comes along will not hesitate to date one older.

hwy11poz

« Reply #29 on: November 19, 2009, 08:39:19 pm »
Oh, and two other things -

1) I like that you have standards that are not impossible for anyone to meet, and that you don't set the same standards for friendship that you do for potential partners,

and

2) thanks for mentioning Poz Personals. I hadn't noticed it up there, and it turns out apparently that's where all the cute poz guys from my state have been hiding.  :)

Offline TheRoof

« Reply #30 on: November 19, 2009, 09:29:15 pm »
You are probably the only 19 year old I've seen who considered himself "just a kid". Most want to be considered adults from 16 years on (got a niece and a nephew in that mode). Most of the men I have dated are in their early to late 20s and I am 45; but we have had many things in common, and both had an attraction to each other. Some people are attracted to someone not close to their own age. I do like younger men, but never date someone looking for a father substitute. I also like men my own age, and if a man I have a lot in common with comes along will not hesitate to date one older.

I was making a comparison (Just being a kid) that both my parents are 39 years old right know
. (So to them I'm their kid) So I guess when I get hit on by a guy who is in his late 30's or older. I think to myself "You're old enough to be my father".  I mean my Grandfather is only 57 years old. So I have very young "Family Members". To me it's basically that my parents are young, so dating anyone in THEIR age range doesn't feel right. If they themselves where older maybe I would be more comfortable.

I mean if there was an older guy who looked like Hugh Jackman, then I'll give in. Not going to lie. Though for those reasons at that point it would be mostly for Superficial reasons.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2009, 09:40:01 pm by TheRoof »

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #31 on: November 19, 2009, 09:39:29 pm »
I mean if there was an older guy who looked like Hugh Jackman, then I'll give in. Not going to lie.
Sex with Wolverine? ;)
I think that's something many of us could agree on. ROFL
leatherman (aka Michael)

Offline TheRoof

« Reply #32 on: November 19, 2009, 09:49:07 pm »
MECCH was totally right. Guys are responding, though they are saying they are "Negative".

In my profile I say I am HIV POZ Three Times.

This  hot 24 year old just messaged me. He said "Hey You Looking?"

I replied back saying.

"I Don't Think You Would Be Interested In A Guy Like Me, Read My Profile"

Offline Nestor

• What we love, we shall grow to resemble.
« Reply #33 on: November 19, 2009, 09:50:49 pm »

Do you refuse to consider a guy who is negative? 
Summer 2004--became HIV+
Dec. 2005--found out

Date          CD4    %       VL
Jan. '06    725    25      9,097
Nov. '06    671    34     52,202
Apr. '07    553    30      24,270
Sept. '07  685    27       4,849
Jan. '08    825    29       4,749
Mar. '08    751    30     16,026
Aug. '08    653    30       3,108
Oct. '08     819    28     10,046
Jan '09      547    31     13,000
May '09     645   25        6,478
Aug. '09    688   30      19,571
Nov. '09     641    27       9,598
Feb. '10     638    27       4,480
May '10      687      9    799,000 (CMV)
July '10      600     21      31,000
Nov '10      682     24     15,000
June '11     563    23     210,000 (blasto)
July  '11      530    22      39,000
Aug '11      677     22      21,000
Sept. '12    747     15      14,000

Offline TheRoof

« Reply #34 on: November 19, 2009, 10:07:53 pm »
Do you refuse to consider a guy who is negative? 

Why would a negative guy be interested in a positive guy. I mean let's be real here. He probably just looked at my photo and forgot to even read my profile.

Offline jm1953

« Reply #35 on: November 19, 2009, 10:12:26 pm »
Even though I live in Arizona. I tried to make a post on Craigslist saying "Young Poz Guy Here" And even posted a body pic (Which is very fit actually), the only guys that replied where like 6 old(er), overweight, balding guys in their late 30's-40's.

My question is what are some large HIV poz sites besides HIV poz personals. Personally it is the HARDEST thing to find another fit young guy to just cuddle with who is HIV+. He doesn't even have to be fit, just young (18-30) I would feel comfortable dating people who are on HIV+ because they can walk in my shoes and know how it feels to have this.

I am getting really depressed about this. Sometimes I just want to die, but I can't bring myself to do it. I tried to talk to my psychiatrist about this, but go no where.  Anyone had similar situation to mine. How where U able to deal with this. I feel like I have no will to go on anymore.

Hey Guy:

I met my partner on Pozmatch.com.  It is a site you ultimately have to pay into to become a member but I have met many great friends through it, as well as my current boyfriend.  It is a very reliable site.  Might give it a try!!!!!

Good luck,

Jeff
Positive 29 years. Diagnosed 10/1987.  Current CD 4: 720: Viral load: almost 100.  Current drug regimen, Tivicay, Emtriva, Endurant, Wellbutrin, Clonazepam, Uloric, Losartan Potassium,Allegra, Ambien, Testosterone, Nandrolone, Vicodin, Benedryl, Aspirin, lots of vitamin supplements.

Offline max123

• Carpe Diem
« Reply #36 on: November 19, 2009, 10:43:21 pm »
lol...this has turned into a great thread!

see roof, it's all about getting out there & doing something for yourself. and the next time a guy your age or anyone else that interests you hits you up on a4a, whether he states he's neg or poz, remember that he's hitting you up because your being poz is okay with him...don't start thinking things like why would a neg guy want a poz guy...just go with it. you might find yourself pleasantly surprised  :o

max

hwy11poz

« Reply #37 on: November 19, 2009, 10:51:51 pm »
the next time a guy your age or anyone else that interests you hits you up on a4a, whether he states he's neg or poz, remember that he's hitting you up because your being poz is okay with him...don't start thinking things like why would a neg guy want a poz guy...just go with it.
max

I have to agree with you, Max - I pointed out that I was poz to a guy who hit me up (even though my profile clearly states poz) thinking he hadn't read it. Turns out he had, and he clearly told me it didn't matter to him. That was my turning point - just being newly diagnosed, I had the idea that only other poz guys might be interested in me. Guess I have lots to learn about being poz!

Offline max123

• Carpe Diem
« Reply #38 on: November 19, 2009, 11:06:30 pm »
Guess I have lots to learn about being poz!
  most of us do, hwy. that's why many of us are here...to learn from and support each other. welcome aboard :)

max

Offline mecch

« Reply #39 on: November 20, 2009, 05:21:08 am »
MECCH was totally right. Guys are responding, though they are saying they are "Negative".
In my profile I say I am HIV POZ Three Times.
This  hot 24 year old just messaged me. He said "Hey You Looking?"
I replied back saying.
"I Don't Think You Would Be Interested In A Guy Like Me, Read My Profile"

Of course if you are a 19yo bomb your HIV+ status isn't going to discourage all HIV- men!
So no need for the "quotes on "negative" - they might well be.

Offline BlueMoon

• Calling from the Fun House
« Reply #40 on: November 20, 2009, 07:09:59 am »
Why would a negative guy be interested in a positive guy. I mean let's be real here. He probably just looked at my photo and forgot to even read my profile.

He's probably not negative.

That also is probably not his real age, if he's 'older', and in some cases may not even be his real photo.

There is a lot of bs on hookup sites.  A4A especially has a lot of pos guys claiming to be negative, and 'anything goes'.  They readily admit to pos status if questioned.  I just don't 'get' that.

I also wonder why I get hit on so often by guys considerably younger than me, in their 20s and 30s, and some of them negative and wanting to play safe.   
It's a complex world

Offline GSOgymrat

• HIV+ since 1993. Relentlessly gay.
« Reply #41 on: November 20, 2009, 07:52:35 am »
If you are going to exclude HIV- men from your dating considerations don't get upset if HIV- men exclude you.

Why would a negative guy be interested in a positive guy.

Because people are more than their HIV status.

hwy11poz

« Reply #42 on: November 20, 2009, 09:58:58 am »
If you are going to exclude HIV- men from your dating considerations don't get upset if HIV- men exclude you.

I'd never looked at it that way; I realize I had a similar attitude when I was negative (excluding poz guys). Thanks for posting!

I'm hoping we hear back from TheRoof soon - I hope he is having some luck on a4a. I've found few guys in my area on there who say they are positive (but some photos look suspiciously identical to ones on poz personals. I'm not judging them; some guys that I have messaged since putting poz on my profile have not messaged me when they did before I did it.

Offline mattdude

« Reply #43 on: November 20, 2009, 11:01:25 am »
Hey,

I just met the guy of my dreams on Cam4 - which I think is even more random than Manhunt.

He's hiv- and lives in Italy and we have discovered that we share the same soul.

It just goes to show that love can pop up anywhere.
Live a healthy positive lifestyle and prepare yourself to be the best guy you can, so that when "he" comes along, he'll want to snap you up, hiv+ or not.

Good luck ;)

Offline TheRoof

« Reply #44 on: November 20, 2009, 02:44:48 pm »

Wow... This website is... Something. 10 guys replied. 4-5 where positive. Some of them didn't even say that they are were positive. So now they are messaging me saying "Poz Guy" Here. I can't believe I've never done this website before!!! I thought you had to pay.

The other 3-4 guys where negative. What THOSE guys said was interesting.
One said "Are You Into Barebacking" (Didn't Reply)
Another Said "I Want To Fuck You" I said; I don't think you'd be interested in a Poz Guy, read my profile.

I can't believe a negative guy would want to BAREBACK with someone Positive. WTF?

Yeah but I'm not talking about dating. It's a hook-up site. If let's say a negative guy has TWO options. Two guys who look similar. One is poz, one is neg. Who would he pick?
I think the answer is obvious.

What I don't get is why do Negative Guys want to have anything to do with me.

« Last Edit: November 20, 2009, 02:49:26 pm by TheRoof »

Offline dixieman

« Reply #45 on: November 20, 2009, 02:46:57 pm »
I've had several contact me on pozpersonals... I plan on meeting one guy who lives in Bham... he seems nice but, I'll see... also a friend is on manhunt and met his partner from this site... he's poz and so isa his partner... so I may give it a try too? Daddyhunt is suppose to be good likewise... I'm the age of a Daddy but, I always wanted one for myself... I'd prefer to date someone my own age though... I'm not into young ones and over 60 is too old for me... oh What to do? lol

Offline dixieman

« Reply #46 on: November 20, 2009, 02:49:08 pm »
The Roof... what web-site and who wants to bareback? they probally have more cooties than one wants to aquire... I'd play safe especially if your just dating...

Offline TheRoof

« Reply #47 on: November 20, 2009, 02:51:48 pm »
The Roof... what web-site and who wants to bareback? they probally have more cooties than one wants to acquire... I'd play safe especially if your just dating...

Exactly!! HIV is enough. I will never bareback (EVER) even if in a monogamous relationship I don't want to get a second strain of HIV. But that's not the worst thing.
I'm worried about Hepetatis C and Syphilis.

I would kill myself if I got Syphilis in my system. I heard it's nasty to deal with.

Offline dixieman

« Reply #48 on: November 20, 2009, 02:56:01 pm »
Your young and you have your whole life in front of you... you may have health challenges but, WHY? add more std's to your list... maintain your health... Wish me luck! on finding a DECENT man...

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #49 on: November 20, 2009, 02:59:30 pm »
wrong, most likely

My last partner was negative and like my because I was fabulous and had a tight ass.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.