Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:39:01 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772945
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 377
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 350
Total: 351

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: I am just gone crazy or am I in the tunnel of hell  (Read 4921 times)

Offline gonecrazy2006

I am just gone crazy or am I in the tunnel of hell
« on: June 07, 2006, 03:06:59 pm »
Well folks I already just typed this once, but got erased..oops.  Anyhow to my crazy story.  In the beginning of the year I was out of town on a work trip and having a good time after a good day.  i was in the hotel tossing them back with some buddies from work and I met this friendly lady and we had some drinks.  I was completely loaded at this point so I said I was going up to my room and everyone else felt the same.  The girl said she was on the same floor and I said cool.  I went to room ready to pass the hell out after I drank about 20 vodka drinks.  Next thing there is a knock and it is the female and she says she is locked out, so I said just use my phone and call the front desk.  I shut my eyes for a few seconds and I swear the next thing you know is my unit is in her mouth..I realized what was going on and pushed her off and I was pretty upset and she started to cry...That was one thing and told her to go.  I do not due stuff like that, I am married and got a kid on the way.  Anyhow she left and I thought OK no big deal she gave me a small blow job....Then I got home and it was like an anxiety bomb went off after reading stuff on the web about getting HIV from a BJ, I went completely nut-so.  Have been to the doctor over 20 times in the last 5 months.  I got tested at 2,7,10,13 all neg.  After the week 13 test I thouhgt this was over, I was in counseling and doing a lot better...Then another bomb floated in my insurance called and said I needed blood work for an increase in coverage.  So I started to freak out, they came over drew the blood and then a went bananas...I got sick from what seemed a head cold because my wife was ill to, then I started getting crazy systems like severe body aches, twitching, tingling in my feet and hands...So I had a nervous breakdown and feel like I am playing waiting game again, I have another 4 weeks till it will be 24 weeks...yada..I mean do think this could all be in my head or is HIV really invading my body...What should I do I am going completely certified nut-so?  Also I did contact the girl and she said she got tested and was neg, but do I believe?

Offline DingoBoi

• Bailey's Infected Cream™ Served since 2004
Re: I am just gone crazy or am I in the tunnel of hell
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2006, 03:21:08 pm »
simply put.  you do not get hiv from getting a blowjob.

It doesn't happen.  Period.  Full stop.  No if's and's or but's.

You were never at risk for hiv in the first place.

Please read the 'welcome' thread at the top of this forum.   It has links to 'lessons on transmission' that you should read over thoroughly.

You are absolutely hiv negative.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2006, 03:24:38 pm by DingoBoi »

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2006, 05:11:49 pm »
Just to echo what Dingo has said, you have absolutely no basis in HIV science for concern about your HIV status in relation to this incident.

There's never been a single documented case of HIV transmission to someone getting a blowjob in the history of the epidemic. And you aren't going to make history by becoming the first.

Whatever may have gone on with you physically has nothing to do with HIV and if you still have symptoms you need to discuss them with your doctor.

Avoid situations in the future where you drink excessively. It never leads to anything good and in terms of safer sex it's a serious impediment. Also, read the lesson on Transmission on this site as it will answer many questions you may have about the issue.

This time out you're ok as far as HIV is concerned.

Cheers,
Andy Velez

Offline gonecrazy2006

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2006, 04:52:45 pm »
I can't get through this crap..I took another test at 6 months and it was negative..I thought things were good, then monday I woke up with a rash on my chest..I thought well it must be a heat rash and now it is friday and it looks the same...I have lost my mind

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2006, 06:37:47 pm »
Well, I don't know what you have lost or not, but I do know that you have reliably tested negative for HIV. You are HIV negative. Period. End of story.

And if you are going to continue to filter everything that happens or doesn't happen to you physically through a mindset that insists on thinking it's about HIV, then you will drive yourself nutz for sure.

If you are having physical problems you should discuss them with your doctor.

This is not an HIV situation. Period.

I suspect this is really about guilt because being a dog like the rest of us, you went straying. You're not doing yourself, your wife or the baby you were expecting any favor by dragging this issue around and keeping it in your lives. HIV is not the issue. Guilt is. The best thing you can do for all concerned is to take a breath, accept that part of your personal history and then let it go. No kidding. That's the most loving thing you can do for all concerned.

Cheers,
Andy Velez

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.