Meds, Mind, Body & Benefits > Insurance, Benefits Programs & HIV

Working while on SSD?

<< < (5/5)

blackbeauty40:
I have the same question. I receive SSI which i'm told is a little different from SSD, and I've been offered a temporary job, but I really don't want to affect my benefits as well as lose my medicaid (I can't afford to do that cause my meds cost over 2000.00/mo). I'm so confused so if anyone has any information, that would be greatly appreciated.

Have a great New Year everyone!!!!! ;D

BT65:
Black beauty,

Were I you, I would talk to my ASO (Aids Service Organization), and see if they could hook you up with a benefits counselor.  How much you'd be allowed to make before getting your SSI taken away, would depend on how much you get from the SSI.  SSI is like a welfare program-it's needs based.  SSDI is based on how much a person earned from working over a certain period of time.  So, for what you receive, how much you can earn would be figured, I'm thinking, almost the same way a welfare office would figure how much food stamps a person would get, based on their need.  We can't give you a solid figure, like there is for SSDI.  A benefits counselor would be able to help.  Good luck.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version