Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:49:51 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772946
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 424
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 396
Total: 396

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: hiv risk -condom breakge  (Read 9004 times)

Offline has10

hiv risk -condom breakge
« on: June 16, 2009, 03:50:20 am »
hi there

i m a male 29years old ,i had experied a condom breakge (5sec exposure) when i was visiting a proitute on 27april 2009 immedelty stopped
i had a hiv rna qualitive test at 3.5weeks and antibody test at 6weeks -neg

i m too worried ,i been asking so many people but i m still scared ,i have a family and a duaghter
i m scraed i will ruin my life ,i just want to know my suaition .

i didnt have any sysmtons expect a white tounge and i dont knw if its trush .

please help me what should i do ,i know i must wait 3months to get another test but everyday is like year for me now

many thanks

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
Re: hiv risk -condom breakge
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2009, 04:42:43 am »
Has,

The vast majority of people who have actually been infected will seroconvert and test positive by six weeks, with the average time to seroconversion being only 22 days. I do not expect your negative result to change when you re-test at the three month point.

I've yet to see the insertive partner (that's you) end up positive following a condom break and I do not expect you to be the first.

You need to be using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no exceptions until such time as you are in a securely monogamous relationship where you have both tested for ALL sexually transmitted infections together. To agree to have unprotected intercourse is to consent to the possibility of being infected with an STI. Sex without a condom lasts only a matter of minutes, but hiv is forever.

Have a look through all three condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use condoms with confidence.

Anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results. Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv.

Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, and you will avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple!

Ann

Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline has10

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2009, 04:49:01 am »
dear ms ann
thanks ur prompt reply

does this mean i m at high risk now...i will defenitly go a test at 8weeks and 12weeks but i m just very scared to do anything at the moment ,i dont know what will happen to me now ,i really regret my actions i hope its not too late

best rgds
has

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2009, 04:55:50 am »
Has,

No, I never said you were at high risk. You're at very low risk and I do not expect your negative result to change. You don't need to test at eight weeks - testing too often is a waste of time, money and already stretched resources. You only need to confirm your negative result at three months.

Please re-read my first reply to you until you understand it.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline has10

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2009, 06:21:05 am »
ok thanks ann

auatully due to this incident i been avoiding having sex with my wife and she is starting to wonder why
i m really scared and i even can tell her this incident

i really hope i hope ok ,its just the 3months is too long ,one day is like a year for me at moment

best rgds
has

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2009, 06:29:10 am »
Has,

Following a condom break, you're much more at risk for the other, more easily transmitted STIs such as gonorrhea or chlamydia than hiv. You need to have a COMPLETE sexual health care check-up before you can start having unprotected intercourse with your wife. You can test for the other STIs now. Up to 60% of men have no symptoms of chlamydia, for example, so yes, you do need to test.

However, as this website focuses on hiv only, you'll have to speak to your doctor if you have questions concerning the other STIs.

And one more time, I do NOT expect your negative hiv result to change. Hiv is a very fragile, difficult to transmit virus and more so from a woman to a man. You were protected by the condom up until it broke and you noticed and stopped right away. You were never at any great risk of hiv infection through this incident.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline has10

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2009, 12:55:33 am »
hi ann ,
i hope you are well and happy ,i really like to especilly thank you for your support .
sorry for the late reply ..i m going through a very diffcult stage at the moment ,keeping my feelings to my self not let my family know anything about it ,for testing so far i ve done testing as below

rna qualitative test 3.5week -neg
antibody 1&2 -6week neg
antibody+p24 8week neg
antibody -9week neg
antibody + Rna Pcr Viral Load100copies -10.5week Neg

now currently i m on my 11week and will have a test for 12week i m pray that it comes neg,
also i listened to you an done a test for stds like chlamydia+gonorrehea +syplis -at 5week neg
for systoms ,i had a flu+running nose at 10week -no fever or nodes (but for nodes i dont know how they look like as i always feel my neck is swallon but when i see in mirror it looks fine)

finally i just would appericete as you can put your comments -will i test positive after this
i m really scared to lose my family and i dont know what to do

best rgds
has10

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2009, 06:55:19 am »
Has,

You could have saved some money and stopped testing at six weeks and waited for one final test at three months. Your six week negative was never likely to change and your 10.5 week negative - including a negative RNA - certainly is NOT going to change. You don't have hiv. Test at three months to ease your mind, but you're not going to get anything other than another negative result.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline has10

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2009, 08:13:58 am »
DEAR MS ANN

I CANT TELL YOU HOW MUCH I APPERIATE UR QUICK REPLY
I JUST GOT MY 82DAYS NEG RESULT
NOW I M RELALY WORIIED THAT MY 90DAYS RESULT WILL CHANGE

SOME QUSTIONS PLS

1.)CHANCE MY RESULT WILL CHANGE AT 90DAYS
2,)CAN I RELLLY MOVE ON FROM THE 90DAYS RESULT IF NEG
3.)WHAT KIND OF PERSON WILL NOT CREATE ANTIBODYS WITHIN 3MONTHS
4.)HOW CAN I KNOW IF I M NOT AT THAT CATEGORY
5.)CAN I SEE AT DOC TO CHECK MY IMMUNE SYS IF I FALL IN THAT CATAGORY
6.0)IF YES WHAT KIND OF DOCTOR ARE THOSE -WHAT DO U CALL THEM

SORRY FOR SO MANY QUESTIONS BUT IF EVERYTHING GOES SMOOTH ME AND MY WIFE ARE PLANING FOR A BABY SO I DONT WANT TO RISK ANYTHING

MY GOD BLESS YOU FOR YOUR HELP AND I WILL ALWAYS REMMEBNER U IN  MY HEART FOR UR KINDNESS

BEST RGDS
HAS10

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2009, 08:21:49 am »
Has,

Your result is NOT going to change. If you had hiv, the RNA PCR test would have picked up on it. You don't have hiv! You were never likely to end up positive after this brief, insertive exposure anyway. You did NOT have a "high risk" exposure. A "high risk condom breakage" would be if you were the receptive partner in anal intercourse and the other guy's condom broke in you - and he was hiv positive. You had a LOW risk condom break.

You do not have hiv. Your 90 day result is also going to be negative.

It's high time you got on with your life. Go make a baby.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline has10

« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2009, 07:27:31 am »
THNKS UR PROMPT REPLY ANN

BUT WHAT I M REALLY SCARED IS RNA PCR -VIRAL LOADING
I HEARD SOME SAY THAT EVEN HIV POSTIVE PEOPLE HAVE UNDECTECBLE VIRAL LOAD WITHOUT MEDS ,I DID THE RNA PCR AT 73DAYS EXPOSURE +ANTIBODY A DAY EARLIER  -I REALLY CANT FIND A ANSWRE TO THIS ANYWHERE,

TODAY I WENT TO AN ENT ,ITS EAR NOSE & THROT SPECLIST TO CHECK MY THROAT
HE PUT A CABLE FROM MY NOSE TO CHECK MY NECK HE SAYS SEEMS FINE EXPECT HAVE SOME INFLAMATION I REALLY GOT SCARED +I HAVE VERY SMALL NODE AT MY LOWER PART OF MY LEFT NECK SIDE NEAR THE CHEAT BUT HE SAYS BETTER WAIT IF IT SWELLS OR NOT .

I M SITTING AT MY HOME NOW VERY SCARED AND I REALLY FELL LIKE I HAVE SOMETHING.

IF YOU ARE READING THIS I HOPE YOU COULD SPEAR SOME TIME OUT OF YOUR VALUBLE TIME SO I COULD HEAR FROM U

SINCERLY
HAS10

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2009, 07:43:21 am »
Has,

Forget the RNA PCR. The antibody test has the last say anyway. Your result is NOT going to change.

The vast majority of people who have actually been infected will seroconvert and test positive - on the ANTIBODY test - by six weeks, with the average time to seroconversion being only 22 days. A six week negative is highly unlikely to change. A 82 day negative is NOT going to change. It's near-as-damn-it to a twelve week result. A twelve week result is CONCLUSIVE.

You don't have hiv. Get on with your life.

If you read the Welcome Thread before posting like you're supposed to, you will have read the following posting guideline:

Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). If you continue to post excessively after one Time Out, you may be given a second Time Out which will last eight weeks. There is no third Time Out - it is a permanent ban. The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Please consider yourself warned.

And by the way, using ALL CAPS for your WHOLE post is considered shouting. Please stop it! It's difficult to read and hard on the eyes.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline has10

Re: hiv risk -condom breakge result just came in
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2009, 07:12:18 am »
hello ms ann & other experts

Sorry for my typing in Cap Letters ,i hope its much better now

well today i got my final results at 89days since lab does not open on sat/sun so its one day short

before i could really move on i would like your assurance for one final time

is it sure that i m hiv free ,can i really move on from this ,to be honest the mental distress this issue has cuased me is too big and i dont know how i will move on as everytime i keep thinking of hiv and feel like i have it

can you advise me how can i move on and my test are 100% conculsive?

your sincerly
has

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2009, 07:20:01 am »
Has,

Your result is 100% conclusive. You do not have hiv.

If you can't be thankful that you do not have hiv and move on with your life, then it's time you sought counseling with a mental health care professional. We cannot help  you with that here.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline has10

Re: hiv risk -Back again
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2009, 05:10:11 am »
hi ann,rod & andy

ann,i really didnt tought i will be back again but my hiv scare is killing me ,i ve level with my wife but she got angry and took my duather and left me to her moms place,i m all by alone at my home and i m thinking of the mistakes i made in my life ,the house is so quite and now i m thinking of hiv again ,some experts say one must need a 6 month test to clear of hiv ,is it true ?

i ve done more test so far as below

antibody -2week neg
rna qualitative -3.5week neg
antibody 6week neg
antibod+p24antigen 7.5 neg
antibody 10week neg
rna viral load-10.5week neg (100copies lowest can detec)
12week antibody neg
13week antibody neg
13.5 week rna qualitative neg+antibody neg
14.5 week Finger qucik test -Neg

I Am all my alone and so much to think ,i just want more assurance from your furum so i could pass
this diffcuilt suaition of my life

May God reward you 4 Your Work

rgds
alex

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2009, 06:46:40 am »
has,

The window period for hiv testing is three months. Just because some websites have out-dated information doesn't change that fact. Please re-read your entire thread. You were already given the information on testing.

You do not have hiv. If you cannot accept that, then it's time you sought counseling.

If you read the Welcome Thread before posting like you're supposed to, you will have read the following posting guideline:

Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). If you continue to post excessively after one Time Out, you may be given a second Time Out which will last eight weeks. There is no third Time Out - it is a permanent ban. The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Please consider yourself warned.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline has10

« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2009, 07:12:39 am »
hi ann ,thanks for ur prompt reply as always ,your prompt responce always kept me going.

one final thing before i leave , the rna qualitative test i ve done at 13weeks looks for the virus its self
its unlike the viral loading ,so is it possible that hiv is hiding in my body and rna qualitative test unable to detect it ?this is my final question

rgds
alex

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2009, 07:26:59 am »
has,

If you have hiv, the RNA test will find it.

One more time, your seven week negative antibody test is highly unlikely to change. To test with an RNA at three months is a waste of time and money. All you need is another antibody test. I expect it will be negative.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline has10

« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2009, 07:51:52 am »
HEY ANN ,I TESTED UP TO 14.5WEEKS ,IS THERE A MISTAKE ?WHY U SAY 7WEEKS???

I HAVE DONE THE RNA ALREADY ...AT 13WEEKS -JUST WANTED TO KNOW IF HIV IS THERE CAN IT BE HIDING IN MY BODY AND MY HIV RNA QUALITATIVE WOULD BE UNABLE TO DETECT IT >WOULD THAT BE POSSIBLE -THIS IS MY FINAL QUESTION-PLEASE HONESTLY REPLY ME AS I M REALLY DEPRESSED

SINCERLY
ALEX

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2009, 08:15:24 am »
Alex, you've been warned about using all capitals as well as about coming back here again with the same worry.

You're supposed to have done a standard HIV test at 13 weeks. With your negative RNA at 14.5 you will certainly test negative again. An HIV test is HIV specific which is why we always recommend using that.

If you continue to return over this same incident you are going to get yourself a 28 day Time Out.
Andy Velez

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2009, 08:38:50 am »

HEY ANN ,I TESTED UP TO 14.5WEEKS ,IS THERE A MISTAKE ?WHY U SAY 7WEEKS???

Has,

Sorry, I had just answered someone else who had a seven week negative that I don't expect to change. My mistake.

You ARE hiv negative. You do not need further testing. You do NOT have hiv.

And no, before you ask again, hiv does not hide from RNA tests.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline has10

« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2009, 05:14:04 am »
hi andy ,thanks for your reply

i did test at 13weeks with an antibody test + a rna qulitative -neg
and then after i did a home test at 14.5 week
please dont keep me a time out as i wish to wrte back and correct the comments

thanks ann ,for your final assurance that hiv does not hide from rna qualitative test -do you also agree with ann ,andy .

dont want to borther u guys anymore

thanks for ur attenion to my thread

sincerly
has10

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2009, 07:33:58 am »
has,

If you "dont want to borther u guys anymore", then why are you beating this dead horse?

YOU DO NOT HAVE HIV!!!

Keep posting about this CONCLUSIVE NEGATIVE and you will be given that time out you've been warned about.

THIS IS YOUR LAST WARNING.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2009, 08:08:58 am »
Along with Ann's final warning, I'll just say that given your latest clarification, of course you are HIV negative. Let go of this now and get on with your life.
Andy Velez

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.