Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 06:54:03 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37614
  • Latest: bondann
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772963
  • Total Topics: 66312
  • Online Today: 741
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 234
Total: 236

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: The results are in...geesh  (Read 4719 times)

Offline ubotts

The results are in...geesh
« on: January 24, 2008, 02:30:42 pm »
The Dr called me and told me I have genotype 1 and 2 hepatitis...

I will have to start treatment, but she said I can wait till September, after the summer,
so that's what I am going to do..

I was hoping I didn't have to go though this, but I gotta do what I gotta do..

If anyone of you ever been on those hep c meds..please give me some feedback.
The Dr said because I am co-infected, I will be on meds for 12 to 18 months..
oy ve..
She said I would lose weight.. ;) that's OK I needed to lose weight anyway, but I will
look sick and hair could possibly thin out...
She said I would be depressed on this medicine, so they will help me with that..

Boy I am not looking forward to this crap.... :'(

From now until September, Ill have plenty of time to let this absorb into my brain, and hopefully, feel more comfortable than I do right now..

If anyone has any input on this, please respond..

I know we are all different and meds
might effect some people different that others, so time will tell.... :(
Live Love Laugh and dance like no ones watching.
Laughter is the best medicine, so try to have a laugh everyday..Even if your not feeling your best, think about something that was funny at one time in your life and work with it..   :o)

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
Re: The results are in...geesh
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2008, 04:21:24 pm »
Hey darling.  I can't be of any help in regards to a Hep C co-infection, but I'm thinking of you mightily right now.  There certainly are a few folks dealing with this, but I think you may have wished for this thread to have been in "Living With" where some more people might have seen it.  Perhaps you should consider PMing a moderator to move this, if in fact you don't receive enough replies.

Best of luck,

David
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
Re: The results are in...geesh
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2008, 09:32:13 pm »
Oh my, Ubbots.  Got your pm.  I'm so sorry things worked out this way.  I don't have any feedback on the meds for Hep C.  Will it be Interferon?  I would also suggest moving this to living with forum to get more responses, maybe from some of the people who have HIV/hep C.  You're always in my prayers.  Hang in there with us.
Peace~
Betty
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.