Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 05:49:30 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772785
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 290
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 229
Total: 229

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Help ! Can i be infected ?  (Read 11049 times)

Offline tensed

Help ! Can i be infected ?
« on: December 25, 2008, 02:08:20 am »
Hi
I desperately need your opinion and advice . Please asses my situation and advice me on what I must do

I had encounter with three women . I never inserted my penis into the vagina . All I did was fingering both holes (UNPROTECTED), licked breast and a deep kissing session with them ! Its been 24 days since the last incident . I have dry mouth, something like hairy leukopia on my tongue, feel weak and tired, feverish occasional joint pain since , occasional diaorehha. I never felt this way before !

I am totally  stressed out and havent been able 2 sleep since !
Did I acquire the HIV virus by anyway from the above incident ???
Can I get the accurate result if I take a test now ?
How long should I wait 2 get the accurate result ?
Will deep kissing and transfer of saliva risk in HIV … ? NOT SURE of they had or I had sores or wounds in mouth at that time !
Finally , if this ain't hiv then how come I get all this symptoms that I never had before ???

Waiting for your valued reply !

Offline RapidRod

Re: Help ! Can i be infected ?
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2008, 05:10:27 am »
You were never at risk of contracting HIV by fingering and you don't need testing.

Offline tensed

« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2008, 05:14:04 am »
Thanks 4 the reply ... i hve been waiting !

if i need to test.... think if i test after 24 days i get the accurate result ?

Does stress and anxiety cause all the above symptoms i mentioned ?

Offline tensed

« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2008, 05:15:23 am »
What about the deep kissing .. ? Am i at risk ? i was not sure whether they had sores or blood in the mouth !

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2008, 05:16:24 am »
Read the lessons on transmission the link can be found in the "Welcome" thread.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2008, 08:56:14 am »
Nothing you did put you at risk for HIV transmission. Kissing including deep kissing is not a risk for HIV transmission. Your saliva has over a dozen enzymes and proteins which very effectively prevent HIV from being transmitted, IF it's even present.

You don't need to get tested over this incident. It seems to me you are just becoming sexually active. If I am guessing right about that, then following Rod's suggesiton about reading the lesson on transmission here is an excellent one.

This is not an HIV situation. Period.   
Andy Velez

Offline tensed

« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2008, 05:21:35 pm »
thanks a bunch 4 the reply .. but i feel somehow i have contracted hiv , cause now i have this funny throbbing feeling under my jaws .. feels like my lymph nodes and also i have hairy leukopia , which while goin through the net tells me the initial stages of hiv infection, can the symptoms start after 25 days of the incident ?

Could u also please tell me hw long the hiv virus survives out of the body...? like between the nails of fingers , clothes etc ?

In The country I stay , if the authorities find out i have HIV , they put me in jail till i get deported !

So somehow I need 2 get tested , so plz could u advice me the right date ? like hw many weeks after ? can i take it within 30 days of contact , cause i dont think i can wait for 3 months as i would have died of stress and anxiety by then !
« Last Edit: December 25, 2008, 05:41:31 pm by tensed »

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2008, 06:16:19 pm »
Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). If you continue to post excessively after one Time Out, you may be given a second Time Out which will last eight weeks. There is no third Time Out - it is a permanent ban. The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2008, 07:03:19 pm »
tense,

You can test NOW for a conclusive result, because you did NOT have a risk for hiv infection.

If you feel unwell, see a doctor. It's nothing to do with hiv.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline tensed

« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2008, 04:52:02 am »
Sorry for pestering you guys for the same question again and again ... but plz

Does Oral Hairy Leukoplakia happens only in HIV+ patients or can it happen to HIV- people too ? Is it a sure sign of HIV if i never had it before and got it all of a sudden ?

What if the girl i kissed had a dry mouth ? Could I have then contracted HIV ?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2008, 05:12:02 am »
Your questions have been answered. MOVE ON.

Offline tensed

« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2008, 05:33:27 am »
Thanks 4 replying rod , Thanks a bunch !

Its just anxiety i guess i m goin through !

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2008, 10:07:07 am »
Whatever is going on has nothing to do with HIV. If you can't get over it either physically, see your doctor. And for the emotional aspects you should see a professional. We can't help you with that here.
Andy Velez

Offline tensed

« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2008, 04:36:16 am »
thanks andy 4 the reply . Can i ask u smething ?

Can a man get infected by getting his anus fingered by hiv+ woman and she had fresh cuts in her finger ??? Cause i got fingered to !

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2008, 07:04:55 am »
Have you read our lesson on Transmission as was suggested to you previously? Doesn't seem so from the questions that you continue to ask.

And no, if someone with HIV fingered your butthole, that is absolutely not a risk for HIV transmission.

Your questions are all anxiety driven. They have no basis for real risk in HIV science. And if you keep coming back here with more of the same you're going to get a Time Out really soon.
Andy Velez

Offline tensed

« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2008, 12:15:11 pm »
Thanks for the reply , Mr Andy Valez

I hope you won't give me the time out  after asking this question too . 

I remember while fingering one of the girls , she had menstural blood in the vagina . Suppose i had a cut in my finger and this menstural blood gets in contact with my open cut , is there a risk of transmission .. ? Theoritically Yes Maybe , But have there been any documented case like this ?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2008, 12:18:43 pm »
Reread the replies you have been given. Fingering no matter what type of spin you want to put on it is NOT a risk of contracting HIV.

Offline tensed

« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2008, 12:24:59 pm »
Thank You very much  RapidRod ..

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2008, 12:26:34 pm »
Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). If you continue to post excessively after one Time Out, you may be given a second Time Out which will last eight weeks. There is no third Time Out - it is a permanent ban. The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Offline tensed

« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2009, 04:05:22 am »
Do you think I have had any chances of contracting any other STDs . Do u recomended testing for any other STDs or HEP A,B,C ?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2009, 04:07:17 am »
Move on.

Offline tensed

« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2009, 03:54:13 pm »

Sorry all moderators- didn't mean to get your back up. I'm just finding it really difficult to accept that my incident was no risk for HIV.

Can you contract hiv if infected blood goes under your fingernail or through micro cuts ?

i will refrain from posting further after this question !

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2009, 03:57:03 pm »
Give it a rest. Move on.

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2009, 04:11:40 pm »
NO to your last question, the HIV virus has to get into your blood stream in order to infect.

One more question on this and you are on a 28 day Time Out, you have been told you are not at risk and to move on...I suggest you do it.

Please consider this a warning.

Jan
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline tensed

« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2009, 01:20:39 pm »
Hi ... I m returning after one month ... hope u dont ban me .. i wanna ask a general question !

After a person gets infected with HIV virus , if untreated , how long approximately does it take for a person to die ?

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2009, 02:02:00 pm »
Tensed,

How long is a piece of string? Lifespans vary from person to person whether or not they have hiv.

We don't seem to be getting through to you. You didn't have a risk for hiv infection when fingering. END OF STORY. NO RISK. NONE.

Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse and you will avoid hiv infection. IT really is that simple.

I'm giving you that time out you've been warned about. Do not attempt to create a new account to get around your time out because if you do, you will be permanently banned.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.