Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:48:26 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772946
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 413
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 390
Total: 393

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: oh, that fabulous insomnia  (Read 18867 times)

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
Re: oh, that fabulous insomnia
« Reply #50 on: March 20, 2012, 05:54:49 pm »
Also, PennDOT update -- the experience could not have been more horrendous, and I provided live updates via facebook along with pictars.

First, it seems the cross town bus wasn't running on its normal route so I had to bag that option after waiting a half hour. Plus I'd put on these lovely high top sneakers and it was the first time wearing them with my new orthotics and it caused nasty skin to come off the back of my ankles within 10 minutes, so once I realized I was doomed on multiple levels I decided to go back home, change shoes, put on some Band-aids, and take the subway to the main downtown PennDOT location. Of course that meant I'd be dealing with the worst location of them all.

So I get there and it was, of course, packed full of the gutter dregs of humanity -- I mean just the most motley sorts, ever so offensive to my elitist sensibilities and elevated taste levels. I obtained my call number #C651 and found a chair next to the only cute homosexual (or possibly just metrosexual) boy there, though I fail to understand why someone would insist on wearing a knit beenie when the weather was above 75℉... and you know it was perched on his head just so. He was also working some odd frosted tips hair color effect -- nothing I'd ever select but he seemed to work it OK surprisingly. You can tell by the way he's standing that he's a Kinsey +14 amirite?

Once he left his chair it was taken by a woman too young to have children, and of course the two kids were constantly screaming. LOUD. Just horrible. I would have moved but it was so overcrowded people were standing for lack of available chairs.

And see the guy over by the white column -- think "Persian Mafia" type from Clueless.

My call ticket said "Estimated wait time: 1:36 minutes" -- which meant 1 hour and 36 minutes, not 1 minute and 36 seconds. Actual time ended up being THREE FUCKING HOURS. Seriously, even the DMV offices in Manhattan and Brooklyn were better than this. Incredible.

And worse, this state makes you renew your license every four years. I've never lived anywhere that did it that often. That's $29.50 each time -- highway robbery made worse because I don't own a car and drive a total of about six hours each year.

I could really use some klonopin right now :-\ like a lot.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 06:02:52 pm by Miss Philicia »
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #51 on: March 20, 2012, 06:26:06 pm »

You just HAD to work in a pic of your spotless shoes a mere 24 hours after I posted a pic of my dirty ones  ::)

and the pic of the boy screaming is LOL ;D

POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,
2/4/13, CD4 - 489, UD, 28%

Current Meds: Prezista/Epzicom/ Norvir

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #52 on: March 20, 2012, 06:35:05 pm »
You just HAD to work in a pic of your spotless shoes a mere 24 hours after I posted a pic of my dirty ones  ::)

Guess what -- not everything is about you.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #53 on: March 21, 2012, 03:38:18 am »
3:34 AM...  not sleepy ::)

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #54 on: March 21, 2012, 04:02:23 am »
4:01 a.m. Wide awake  >:(
"I have tried hard--but life is difficult, and I am a very useless person. I can hardly be said to have an independent existence. I was just a screw or a cog in the great machine I called life, and when I dropped out of it I found I was of no use anywhere else."

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #55 on: March 21, 2012, 07:19:28 am »
Even backasswards TN makes you renew every five years. You can renew by mail or online for $19.50. I just renewed this year from the comfort of my home. Of course God did get even when I dropped Comcast and had to return the cable boxes. Two fuckin' hours waiting in line. You liberal subway riding elite.

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
« Reply #56 on: March 21, 2012, 07:38:11 am »
 Florida drivers licenses are for 6 years.  Somehow though, I managed to get mine longer.

It was issued 08/27/10 and is good through December of 2019. I think I may have paid an additional fee for the extra time, because Ed's license, is only good for 6 years.

I've never had too much of a problem down here with the DMV, as far as wait times.  The seniors would go postal.  ::) The last time I renewed, I did it online.

Ray

Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

As of Oct 2nd, 2023, Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @676 /  CD4 % @ 18 %
Lymphocytes,absolute-3815 (within range)

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline Buckmark

• Would you like to tie me up with your ties, Ty?
    • Henry's Home Page
« Reply #57 on: March 21, 2012, 11:20:00 am »
Once he left his chair it was taken by a woman too young to have children, and of course the two kids were constantly screaming. LOUD. Just horrible. I would have moved but it was so overcrowded people were standing for lack of available chairs.

I'm surprised the woman didn't accuse you of being a pedophile for taking photos of her kids, knowing how parents react these days.  Then again, she'd actually have to be paying attention to both you and her children to actually notice what you were doing. 
"Life in Lubbock, Texas, taught me two things:
     One is that God loves you and you're going to burn in hell.
     The other is that sex is the most awful, filthy thing on earth and you should save it for someone you love."
- Butch Hancock, Musician, The Flatlanders

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #58 on: March 21, 2012, 11:24:06 am »
Oh, and btw -- my new eyeglasses/prescription from last September is already out of whack according to the vision test I had yesterday at PennDOT, at least in my right eye. They didn't fail me though, but I guess it means I'll have to cough up more money to re-do the lenses this fall.

Offline klassykitty

« Reply #59 on: March 21, 2012, 02:29:32 pm »
Miss P,

Once you get that PA. drivers license,  I'm told the renewal can be done over the computer.  Transferring the license plate from one state to PA. is a nightmare, especially if you have a loan on the car.  Although I am glad I live in a small town, and my wait time for the drivers license wasn't much more then half an hour.

Michelle 8)
How to handle stress like a dog:
If you can't eat it or play with it.....
then pee on it and walk away

Diagnosed 01-20-2011
01-23  CD4 32    VL 125,400
02-18        76     VL 189
03-14  no cd4 test done   VL-52
04-14   69  VL-UNDECTABLE  YEA!!
05-26   50  whoopsy  
06-27   71        %-7
08-15   64 WTF %-9 
10-16  80         %7  
2012  CD4  %Thing   VL-UD
01-18  87    7
04-18  93    8  
07-16  151  8         
10-18  83    9    VL-70
2013   CD4   %thing       VL-UD
01-28  121     9
04-24  148    11   
07-25  157    11   
10-22  185    13
2014   CD-4  %thing   VL-UD
02-07 201 YEA!!!!!!  12
06-03  205      12

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #60 on: March 21, 2012, 06:06:13 pm »
Oh, and btw -- my new eyeglasses/prescription from last September is already out of whack according to the vision test I had yesterday at PennDOT, at least in my right eye. They didn't fail me though, but I guess it means I'll have to cough up more money to re-do the lenses this fall.
You're blind and have a club foot. Maybe it's better if you don't get behind the wheel.

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #61 on: March 21, 2012, 06:20:23 pm »
You're blind and have a club foot. Maybe it's better if you don't get behind the wheel.

:clicks "like" repeatedly:
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,
2/4/13, CD4 - 489, UD, 28%

Current Meds: Prezista/Epzicom/ Norvir

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #62 on: March 21, 2012, 06:32:28 pm »
Rest easy. I am only behind the wheel of a car for less than ten hours each year. I only drive when I go home to visit my parents.

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #63 on: March 22, 2012, 04:33:38 am »
In Indiana, you have to take in multiple documents every time you renew your license.  A birth certificate, SS card, and at least one piece of mail to confirm your address.

I'm dreading renewing my license last year, since the last name on my birth certificate is maiden.  I'm probably going to have to go to the City/County building downtown South Bend to get a copy of either the marriage license or divorce doc.  At least the wait time here is pretty good.  Last time I had to get a title, registration, the wait was like 10 minutes.  It used to be a few hours, but they've changed the system here. 

What's really a nightmare is going to the local Social Security office.  You're waiting at least an hour, then it depends on who you see for what you're told.  No one is ever on the same page.
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline littleprince

« Reply #64 on: March 22, 2012, 06:29:26 am »
My last attempt at renewing my licence went something like this:

Me: I'd like to renew my licence

transport office (TO): It's not due to expire for a few months, you can't renew it until you receive the letter telling you to renew it.

Me: But I'll be out of state then so I need to renew it now.

TO: You have to provide proof that you will be out of state and then we can renew it early.

Me: I can't prove it, I'm going on holidays. If I don't renew early it will expire when I'm on a trip and I won't be able to drive.

TO: we can't renew it now.

Me: What if I lost it, can I get a new one?

TO: Yes, if it's lost you can get a new one.

Me: So you're telling me that if I'm irresponsible and lose it I can get a new one but if I'm being responsible and try to renew early that can't be done.

... I had to leave at that point because I couldn't deal with the woman any more. I happened to 'lose' my licence that afternoon.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #65 on: March 22, 2012, 11:29:26 am »

What's really a nightmare is going to the local Social Security office.  You're waiting at least an hour, then it depends on who you see for what you're told.  No one is ever on the same page.

I've only been to an actual SS office once -- the time I initially applied. And yes, it was bad plus it was the downtown Brooklyn office so imagine the crowds. I don't know if they do this elsewhere, but my application was coded to be expedited due to HIV so I actually didn't wait as long as I would have otherwise, plus when I applied I looked like a walking corpse so they basically just wanted me out of there.

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #66 on: March 22, 2012, 11:39:03 am »
I've only been to an actual SS office once -- the time I initially applied. And yes, it was bad plus it was the downtown Brooklyn office so imagine the crowds. I don't know if they do this elsewhere, but my application was coded to be expedited due to HIV so I actually didn't wait as long as I would have otherwise, plus when I applied I looked like a walking corpse so they basically just wanted me out of there.

Ive never been to the SS office . I offered to come in when I applied but they were quick to tell me it wasn't necessary LOL . Here in Alabama a little hacking and coughing on the phone with an aids diagnosis goes a long way to cut the red tape . 
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline denb45

• "1987 Classic Old School POZ+"
« Reply #67 on: March 22, 2012, 12:36:13 pm »
I've never been in a SSA office, and didn't have to go in and apply, the county health care services case worker did all of that for me, it took about 3 months before I got my award letter from SSDI but, I had to have that (SSA ICD-9 AIDS diagnosis code) before mine went thur a month prior....
"it's so nice to be insane, cause no-one ask you to explain" Helen Reddy cc 1974

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.