Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:00:35 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772946
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 424
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 389
Total: 390

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Has anyone heard of Ozone therapy??  (Read 13396 times)

Offline Optimistic

• An Apple A Day Keeps The Doctors Away!
Has anyone heard of Ozone therapy??
« on: January 29, 2007, 05:28:08 pm »
I just came across this article....has anyone heard of this type of therapy before??

http://www.dailynews-tsn.com/page.php?id=5502

Justin

12/06 (Atripla): cd4 - 260; cd% - 33%; vl - 169
1/07 (Atripla): cd4 - 267; cd% - 38.1%; vl - 132
4/07 (Atripla): cd4 - 373; cd% - 33.9%; vl - <50
7/07 (Atripla); cd4 - 287; cd% - 35.8%; vl - <50
9/07 (Atripla); cd4 - 356; cd% - 39.5%; vl - <50
12/07 (Atripla); cd4 - 517

Offline lostboy

Re: Has anyone heard of Ozone therapy??
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2007, 11:11:39 pm »
I heard that it was a bunch of jiggery-pokery and you may as well go to see your local witch doctor.
"There is no gene for the human spirit"

Offline truth seeker

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2007, 01:28:13 am »
I actually tried ozone therapy under the guidance of Peter Jovan and now I am following the advices of Saul Pressman. There are a few forums on ozone therapy on Yahoo. I got my viral load 85% down on it but due to my hectic schedule and 2 hours daily required for full blast ozone therapy, I gave it a break. I am never sick, don't suffer from any side effects. I also tried the Beck protocol and had similar gains on it. I treated herpes with traditional chinese medicine and my outbreak disapeared in 2 days and never came back, that was 4 months ago.
Please do correct research or try it yourself before judging any alternative therapies. I am probably never going to be on meds as I don't think they are needed. There are many hiv positive people out there who have been positive for over 20 years without taking any meds and are just fine. You just need to take your health in your own hand and loose bad habits.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2007, 07:30:06 pm by Ann »

Offline xyahka

• Dance together!! aha!! aha!! I like it!!
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2007, 02:17:34 am »
Truth Seeker, if you think those things worked for you... then fine, it is your life.

In my case and i think in the case of most of us we prefer to follow therapies approved by national or global health organisations. I don't see CDC promoting such therapies, nor Global Fund, WHO or any other official body.. therefore i would not advise it. I think if those Drs want to get more patients.. they should be approved and recommended by such above mentioned organisations to practise with Hiv/Aids patients first.

Cheers,

Juan Carlos

(touching wood)
13/03/07 1er diagnóstico /Peso: 79kg
19/04/07 CD4: 494 /CViral: ?? /Peso: 80kg
19/07/07 CD4: 659 /CViral: ?? /Peso: 79.5kg
06/03/08 CD4: 573 (después de meses muy deprimido) /CViral: ?? /Peso: 79kg
17/09/08 CD4: ?? /CViral: ?? /Peso: 84Kg
06/02/09 CD4: ?? /CViral: ?? /Peso: 85Kg /HCV: Neg /HBV: Neg.
07/03/09 CD4: ?? /CViral: ?? /Peso: 87Kg / Gym 3días/semana y Natación 2días/semana.
12/05/09 CD4: 470 /Cviral: ?? /Peso: 87Kg.
08/07/09 CD4: ? /CViral: ? /Peso: 77Kg.
09/12/09 CD4: 510 /CViral: ? /Peso: 78kg. No medicinas aún
10/01/10 CD4: ? /CViral: ? /Peso: 76Kg.
15/05/10 CD4: 320 /CViral: ? /Peso: 76Kg.
01/02/11 CD4: 291 /CViral: ? /Peso: 78kg.
05/05/11 CD4: 366 /CViral: ? /Peso: 78kg.
27/07/11 CD4: 255 /CViral: 138000 /Peso: 78kg.

Disfrutando y aceptando una nueva vida...

Offline frenchpat

• Love your friends, don't eat them.
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2007, 04:45:11 am »
I actually tried ozone therapy under the guidance of Peter Jovan www.ozonehospital.com and now I am following the advices of Saul Pressman http://www.plasmafire.com/ . There are a few forums on ozone therapy on Yahoo. I got my viral load 85% down on it but due to my hectic schedule and 2 hours daily required for full blast ozone therapy, I gave it a break. I am never sick, don't suffer from any side effects. I also tried the Beck protocol and had similar gains on it. I treated herpes with traditional chinese medicine and my outbreak disapeared in 2 days and never came back, that was 4 months ago.
Please do correct research or try it yourself before judging any alternative therapies. I am probably never going to be on meds as I don't think they are needed. There are many hiv positive people out there who have been positive for over 20 years without taking any meds and are just fine. You just need to take your health in your own hand and loose bad habits.

Seeker,

I do not have your experience with ozone therapy, nor am I a scientist, so I can not comment on its efficacy or lack thereoff. Throughout my life I've held the belief that medicine was a wider field than that strictly defined by the western approach and I keep an open mind when it comes to treatment of any ailment.

Having said that, I also know that in my case, and despite a good knowledge of my body and very healthy habits predating my hiv infection, it is haart drugs that have supported my immune system when it was on the brink of collapse.

You are obviously happy with the results of this therapy but I find it slightly patronizing of you to state that all one needs to do is to " take your health in your own hand and loose bad habits". Actually, when I think of what some of us here are going through right now I find your comment bordering on the insulting.

Though open minded, I must say that I find a few things rather disturbing when reading the content of one of the websites you provide links for:

1) A disclaimer that reads: "In no way whatsoever does anyone connected to this site make any claims whatsoever as to the efficacy of this or any other therapy,..." is complemented, on another page, by the rather more assertive:
 "Some of the disorders that have been successfully cleared with RHP™ are: Cancer, Hep A, B, C, HIV/AIDS, CFS, as well as, All disorders of the heart and vessels, just to name a few."

This seems so very contradictory that it does not make sense

2) "I had two colleagues show up in Malaysia; one I had trained in ozone therapies over the internet,..."

Excuse me? I am all for alternative therapies but in no way do I expect a reflexologist, an aromatherapist, or else, to have been trained over the net!

3) There is no explanation given as to why this treatment is only performed in Malaysia. Do you know?

4) According to the website, all pre procedure work, save for blood analysis, is done by email... you don't get to meet a doctor in person until you have made a deposit and traveled to Malaysia.... sounds dodgy to say the least. In my experience one of alternative medicines forte is that there is more healer - patient interaction than in conventional, allopathic medicine, not less.

5) If I understand how ozone supposedly works with regards to killing off pathogens in the blood and generally getting it rid of unwanted hosts, nowhere in the site does it say how ozone therapy works when it comes to cerebrospinal fluid. We know that hiv crosses the barrier between blood and cs fluid. Yet the site, as pointed above, makes claims regarding hiv treatment.

Lastly, I notice this is your first post. Could you tell us more about you? You see, there is a risk that some here will misunderstand your good intentions in relaying your experience with controversial therapies. Even more so since we have no clue about you.

I imagine you simply overlooked common politeness in your eagerness to share your enthusiasm about this therapy. Please understand that with years of wild claims being made about miracle cures, those who suffer the consequences of both virus and treatments are not necessarily in the mood for humour when reading statements like yours.

hope this helps

Pat
People have the power - Patti Smith

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2007, 04:56:39 am »
TS,

I need you to remove the links you provided to commercial sites. We don't allow them here. If you don't remove them, I will. Ozone therapy has been proven to be nothing more than quackery - and I hope you are being regularly monitored by someone who has no investment in ozone therapy - otherwise you may well end up in deep trouble.

And by the way - about the herpes, just because you haven't had another outbreak doesn't mean you are cured. There is no cure for herpes. You may not ever have another outbreak - some people don't. But it will still be there in your body.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline trellium

• stArk raving Borg
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2007, 04:59:00 am »
Ozone therapy is a QUACK!  ::)

Oxygenation Therapy: Unproven Treatments for Cancer and AIDS
http://www.quackwatch.org/01QuackeryRelatedTopics/Cancer/oxygen.html

Offline powerpuff

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2007, 01:46:29 pm »
Yes, I have very much so.
The Germans have been using ozone for a very long time.
The cubans were using ozone on their Hiv patients for years since the 80's
some natuopaths give ozone to their patients for various diseases.
it is not a cure for hiv but rather keeps viral load down and keeps oI'S down
Ozone is completely safe so long as you don't inhale it.
do not inhale ozone it is not safe delecate in lung tissue
ozone is used for healing wounds and infections spead up the process.
It is not cheap and requires more than one treatment. not covered under medical/ private clinics only

Offline powerpuff

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2007, 01:54:12 pm »
ozone is oxygen with another molecule  on it. it has helped some people with infections cuts wounds cervical  erosion. the therory is that bacteria and fungus cant live in the presence of oxygen speeds up healing process.
it is however not a cure...and costs a lot

Offline Cerrid

• only as good as your last haircut
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2007, 02:14:17 pm »
Yes, I have very much so.
The Germans have been using ozone for a very long time.

Well, coincidentally, I am German. And yes, we use ozone. But certainly not for HIV treatment. It is used to remove nasty smells from the interior of the car, like smoke and food smells, that sorta stuff. There are specialized garages which put on the ozone generator over night and let the gas float inside of the car. It's a very aggressive but powerful oxidant which oxidizes all undesirable air pollutants. Next morning, your car smells fresh like just out-of-the-factory. Great if you want to sell it.

Ah, and there's also an ozone therapy against asthma where patients are kept in a wet cave. But again, no connection to HIV. And our NHS doesn't cover it because they think it's quackery, too.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2007, 02:19:58 pm by Cerrid »
"Boredom is always counterrevolutionary. Always." (Guy Debord)

Offline appleboy

• Just me!
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2007, 02:27:37 pm »
The link in Truth's post for the hospital that does this looks odd.  The nurse handling the patient is not even wearing gloves!  Sheesh I thought gloves were important to not only protect me but protect the person working with me.  I am not sure I want to risk having my blood removed more than needed.  I agree with Pat and what he said in his posts.  I think it is great if it works for you but until the FDA says it is safe then I am not having it done.
If you are walking down the street and your pants drop to your ankles bend over pick them up and keep on walking!
My Blog

Offline truth seeker

« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2007, 02:44:36 pm »
Dear Pat,
let me try to answer your questions.
1) about the disclaimer: FDA rules that no claim can be made except for pharmaceutical approved products. I suggest that you read Rockefeller's biography to find out how that all started or a digest version here: http://educate-yourself.org/fc/
2) ozone therapy has been practiced by thousands of doctors in Germany for more than 50 years with great results. Even ambulances have ozone generators that they use in case of strokes and it prevents any further damage to the brain like causing paralysis, etc. It used to be used in the USA a long time ago as Nicola Tesla founded an ozone company at the beginning of the 20th century.
3) 15 states in the USA have allowed ozone therapy above FDA ruling and many provinces in Canada as well because of its safety and great results without any side effects. Nonetheless, FDA and AMA will try to force doctors not to use it and revoke their licence as it makes the pharmaceutical companies to loose too much money as they can't patent ozone. Once you own your ozone machine, it is extremely cheap to run.
4) usually blood analysis is made by a local clinic near where the patient live and he has to get it done by some doctors who order it from a lab.
5) you have a very good point here. Ozone therapy is very effective in a holistic protocol including rebounding which makes the lymphatic fluids flow. There are different schools of ozone therapy. Saul Pressman's theory is that since most fluids in the body are lymphatic, he emphasizes taking regular ozone saunas where it penetrates the pores and travels directly to the lymphatic system. Of course, he also encourages rectal and ear insuflation at the same time to make sure that the anaerobic HIV virus has no place to hide.

I am sorry if I was impolite in not introducing myself. Let me tell you a bit about myself. I have been vegetarian for 24 years and have always been attracted to natural ways to be healthy and curing oneself.
3 years ago, I learned that I was HIV positive. Right away I started to search the internet and find tons of information, a lot of it was bogus but I tried some that seem logical and that had strong references. I also learned a lot of conspiracies out there including the medical world, medias, etc.
If this site is Pharmaceutically sponsored, I should be blocked very soon, ha ha.
Anyway, everyone has their own way and I also would have gone with the meds if I failed with alternative therapies. BTW, I am not selling anything, just sharing my experience and hopefully helping some.

Have a great day!
Truth Seeker
« Last Edit: June 20, 2007, 07:31:22 pm by Ann »

Offline Cerrid

• only as good as your last haircut
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2007, 03:04:30 pm »
Of course, he also encourages rectal and ear insuflation at the same time to make sure that the anaerobic HIV virus has no place to hide.

Well, HIV is a virus and has no metabolism like a fungus or a bacterium or any other cell. It's not alive. Hence, HIV cannot be considered aerobic nor anaerobic. In case you have overlooked it, you may want to check the HIV basics here.
"Boredom is always counterrevolutionary. Always." (Guy Debord)

Offline powerpuff

« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2007, 03:17:38 pm »
ozone can and does kill hiv. it is used for sterilizing in some hospitals, yes the theory holds true.
However if you cleanse all your blood through a machine you could do it.
unfourtunately gettin all infected cells  is another story.the other cells would then multiple and continue.
the cycle would continue..

it would slow the process down though ...
but lots of treatments over time.

Another scientist wants to  do something simular but without ozone.
Dr. zhu wants to sift out blood thougha machine and kill hiv and then reappy the blood back . good theory howver i doubt if it gets all the cells but if it helps prolong  the cycle till something better comes along why not.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2007, 07:28:57 pm »
TS,

I asked you nicely to remove the commercial links in your posts - you didn't so I will. If people want to find out more, they can Google themselves, but we're not going to provide links to quackery.

Ann
« Last Edit: June 20, 2007, 07:30:48 pm by Ann »

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2007, 01:14:12 am »
Matty the Damned wants to join the choir and say that ozone therapy is outrageous quackery which has been proven to be completely useless when treating anything.

Especially HIV.

What is even worse is the number of people who have died needlessly because they were tricked into thinking that rubbish like ozone therapy offered any sort of hope.

MtD

Offline truth seeker

« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2007, 01:43:25 am »
Here is a very good article about what is ozone, its history, uses and how it kills viruses.

TS
« Last Edit: June 21, 2007, 04:23:38 am by Ann »

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2007, 01:49:49 am »
And Truth Seeker, I believe you were told not to post links to quack health sites. Don't tell me that this is just a link to an article on ozone, because it's a link to a site which pedals snake oil.

Yes I checked the site and I've reported your post the Moderators.

MtD

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2007, 04:22:48 am »
TS,

Three strikes and you're out, mate. Banned. I've removed your latest commercial link. Bye!

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline bimazek

« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2007, 03:09:57 pm »

people who live for 20 years with hiv have a genetic difference, this is fact, proven in science, i can bore you with the details or check out my other posts

that said, i think if you exercise that the increase you give your body in oxygen would be great but it would not replace meds or haart

haart below 350 is important

exercise

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.