Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 05:55:58 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37644
  • Latest: Aman08
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773199
  • Total Topics: 66336
  • Online Today: 568
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 510
Total: 511

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Therotical Risk after oral exposure  (Read 5903 times)

Offline Silassss

Therotical Risk after oral exposure
« on: November 16, 2006, 05:08:14 am »
Hi,

at first i like to say, that i am following this site more than 4 weeks and i found here very needfull informations, hope and knowledge and i like to thank you for that, especially thanks to Ann and Andy, you are doing a great job.

Objective as follows:

9 weeks after unprotected sex i tested negative with the Standard Elisa Test. Meanwhile i must tell you, that i am very activity. During this 9 weeks i got also a unprotected cunnilingus to a another women. This happened 4,5 after my unprotected sex with the first woman.

Yesterday i received the information, that the lady, with which i had unprotected sex is hiv negative.

I know all the informations about Hiv Transmission throug oral sex to vagina without protection. But it is confusing me so much, that i am not able to think rational about this topic.

How much is the Risk to become infected through unprotected oral sex to a woman (not more than 2 min.)? As far as Test Result after 4,5 weeks is concerned, i know, that this is not conclusive.

Many thanks for your help in advance.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
Re: Therotical Risk after oral exposure
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2006, 07:20:34 am »
Sil,

You need to test at the three month point after the unprotected intercourse. You don't need to test for the cunnilingus. Going down on a woman is not a risk for hiv infection.

Get that three month confirmation. I do not expect your nine week negative result to change.

You need to be using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no exceptions until such time as you are in a securely monogamous relationship where you have both tested for ALL STIs together. To agree to have unprotected intercourse is to consent to the possibility of being infected with a sexually transmitted infection.

Have a look through the condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use condoms with confidence.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Silassss

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2006, 02:07:34 am »
Thank you so much Ann for your kind answer and patience.

Ann, just one more question. Does it matter, if the women, with which i had unprotected vaginal intercourse is tested negative also after 10 weeks from this intercourse?

Furthermore, which Elisa Tests are used in Europe and Turkey?

Many many thanks in advance for your patience and informations.

with warmth,

Silasss

Offline Silassss

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2006, 08:33:12 am »
Hi once again,

professional advises will be needed. :-\

with warmth,

Silassss

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2006, 09:28:02 am »
If she tested negative at 10 weeks, you can rest assured you didn't get exposed to HIV from her.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2006, 09:35:11 am »
Sil, someone else's HIV test result is never the way to know about your own status. The only sure and certain way to know your own HIV status is to get tested at the appropriate time.

Here in the US the CDC recommends doing that at 13 weeks after the most recent risky incident, which in your case would be 13 weeks after the unprotected intercourse. In some countries 12 weeks is considered sufficient, and if you get a negative at that point I would consider that reliable as well.

Just make sure when you test that a standard approved test is being used. That should be available easily through your doctor, a reputable lab or your local board of health.

Cheers,
Andy Velez

Offline Silassss

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2006, 09:36:46 am »
Thanks RapidRod for your fast response,

just want to ask one more question about the ELISA-TEST.
Are these test worldwide standard or does it depends from country to country, from clinic to clinic?

I still have no information about that, also by asking the hospital, they did not give me an answer, which i found not responsible. Anyhow.

Many thanks in advance.

with warmth,

Silasss

Offline Silassss

« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2006, 09:41:38 am »
Hi andy,

thank you also for your information. I got tested nine week after unprotected vaginal intercourse hiv negative with Elisa.

And this lady, with which i had intercourse was also tested 10 week after that to hiv negative after my inquiry.
That is fine from her, I got it also written, it stands: p24 Antigen=negativ.

Offline Silassss

« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2006, 11:02:30 am »
Still waiting of some informations,

with warmth

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2006, 12:07:23 pm »
Sil, I've already told you that as far as I am concerned your lady friend's negative result is irrelevant. For example, she might have had unprotected sex the day before her test. That would mean she could test negative since it would have been too early to test positive.

It's YOUR test which matters, and as I have also indicated previously testing at 12-13 weeks is the recommended standard. I do expect you will continue to test negative.

I don't see any reason to doubt that a hospital you are using would use anything other than a standard, reliable test.

Stop quibbling over details. Get your own test done at the appropriate time and get past this concern.

Andy Velez

Offline Silassss

« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2006, 10:23:22 am »
Hi

i just thought about getting myself confused in reading mails from this website. It is a very good website and i like to thank you for that. But i discover for myself, that fears are getting more when i am doing researches on that.

Andy, Ann, RapidRod thanks for your Information.

God bless you.

with warmth,

yours Silassss

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2006, 02:09:55 pm »
There is a point when "research" turns into obsession.

It's a good thing to recognize when that has happened and to call a halt on the so-called research.

Given what you have reported thus far including your test result, I expect you to continue to test negative. So give it a rest until then and stay productively busy with other matters. That's a much healthier way to spend your time.

Andy Velez

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.