Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:56:12 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772946
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 424
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 363
Total: 363

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Wisdom Teeth Extraction  (Read 15126 times)

Offline javelin87

Wisdom Teeth Extraction
« on: July 31, 2009, 08:48:42 am »
Hello, I am glad to found this forum. Please answer my question.

Few days ago, I went out to a massage parlour. I have a french kiss with the girl for about 40 minutes, but I don't know if there is any blood during our kiss. The day later, I found out there is a small white cut in my mouth. I don't know her dental health, but I don't notice any taste of blood during our kiss. And after that, she masturbating me.

Recently, I read in a forum that mouthwash can reduces the enyzmes in saliva. Is this a problem ? Because I was using mouthwash about 45 minutes before we start kissing.

I know this a very similar question, but I really need you to give me an answer.

How is my risk ? Do I need a HIV testing ?

Thank you for your kind attention, I really need your help.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
Re: need an answer, thanks
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2009, 09:11:45 am »
You are definitely worrying needlessly. Even if there had been blood in her mouth and with your having used mouthwash, there was still no risk for HIV transmission, IF she was even HIV+.

Kissing is not a risk for HIV transmission. Period.

Just get on with your life and keep condoms handy for use everytime you have vaginal or anal intercourse. Those are the activities which if unprotected will put you at sexual transmission risk.

Cheers.
Andy Velez

Offline javelin87

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2009, 09:28:41 am »
Thank you for your fast and kind response.

Just for additional information, I am 22 years old, and I have not having any sex activities. A few handjobs is the only sex activities I've ever have. This is why I felt so stupid when I get this HIV anxiety.

So, I can live my life without any worries of HIV, right ? I wonder why that forum tells that we need to avoid using mouthwash before and during oral sex. Is there any explanation ?

Thank you, really.

« Last Edit: July 31, 2009, 09:52:31 am by javelin87 »

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2009, 11:48:53 am »
You have never done anything to put yourself at risk.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2009, 01:19:00 pm »
I don't know which other forum you are referring to. But I think there is somewhere in that the misbegotten idea that mouthwash kills your saliva's natural ability to prevent oral transmission of HIV. 'Taint so.

You are worrying needlessly.

Cheers.
Andy Velez

Offline javelin87

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2009, 08:11:10 pm »
@RapidRod
Thank you for your words. It helps me out.

@Andy Velez
It is from healing****.com. I am sorry that my english is bad, but I don't understand the meaning of "misbegotten" and "'Taint". Can you explain it to me ?

Btw, thank your for all your explanation. I am much much more better.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2009, 09:22:39 pm »
Jav,

Misbegotten:

a. Of, relating to, or being a child or children born to unmarried parents.
         b. Not lawfully obtained: misbegotten wealth.

2. Having an improper basis or origin; ill-conceived: misbegotten ideas about education.

Andy's use of " 'taint so " is slang for "it ain't so". He means it's not true.

You did not have a risk for hiv infection. Kissing - even deep kissing - isn't a risk.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline javelin87

« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2009, 11:20:39 am »
Thank you for the explanation. That means so much for me.

I know I have my own anxiety, needlessly anxiety. Sometimes I can walk through my fear, but sometimes I got trapped in my own anxiety.

Thank you Andy, RapidRod, and Ann. You guys are such a great people.

One thing that stuck in my mind right now is what if the kissing made a cut in my mouth, and it was bleeding when we kissed. Stupid right ? I remember that I don't feel any taste of blood, but my own anxiety has created such negative mind. And it is still a zero risk right ?

I will try my best to live my life without any worries. Thank you guys, really. Thank you so much.

I am so sorry for being so panic and stupid.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2009, 12:08:25 pm »
Jav,

Yes, kissing is STILL ZERO RISK no matter what sort of gruesome details you can think up. There is NO WAY you or anyone else is EVER going to be infected through kissing. Got it?

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline javelin87

« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2009, 06:21:27 pm »
Ann,

Thank you so much, really. I am sorry I keep on asking the same question. Please understand that I am in panic situation. But your words is keeping me out of that anxiety.

Final advise, I do not need testing right ? I am really sorry for keep asking questions. I don't want to break the rules, but I really need answers.

Sorry sorry sorry. Really.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2009, 07:55:24 pm »
Javelin, there is absolutely no need for testing. You didn't do anything that put you at risk. Really.

Very often along with being exciting, becoming sexually active can also be very anxiety provoking. And it's also understandable that you don't know everything. In terms of sex, you're going to be on a learning curve all of your life. Really.

The important thing to always keep in mind as far as sexual risk for HIV transmission is to always without exception use condoms when you have either vaginal or anal intercourse. Right now that may not be happening for you, but it's likely you will get there. And when you do, just remember to use a condom everytime. No exceptions, no matter what you think you know about the health and sexual history of anyone you maybe with. A condom is a must. They provide very effective protection against HIV.

As far other sexual activities and HIV, the risks are strictly theoretical. In the real world of HIV science, we know that the only confirmed means of sexual transmission of HIV are unprotected vaginal and anal intercourse.

Right now you're good to go and don't have to worry any further or get tested.

Cheers.   
Andy Velez

Offline javelin87

« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2009, 09:24:31 pm »
Andy,

This is exactly what I need.

Thank you so much, really. I will move on. I think I will say goodbye to this forum.

Guys, it is such a blessing to found you in this forum.

Thank you Andy.
Thank you RapidRod.
Thank you Ann.
Really.

Offline javelin87

« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2009, 08:20:15 am »
I am sorry for asking again. I forgot to mention that I have a history of herpes in my lips. But I don't have herpes when I kissed the girl. How is my risk ? Is there any chances ?

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2009, 08:23:59 am »
No, herpes on your lips would not change the no-risk aspect of kissing. Kissing of any kind, with or without herpes is not a risk for HIV transmission.

KISSING IS NOT A RISK FOR HIV, no matter what extra details you throw into the mix.

Get on with your life and just make sure to always use condoms if and when you get around to having vaginal or anal intercourse. Those are the real potential sexual risks for HIV transmission.

Cheers.
Andy Velez

Offline javelin87

« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2009, 08:24:49 am »
I'm sorry. I mean, when I kissed the girl, the herpes was not exist. But I have herpes about 4 months before.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2009, 08:33:31 am »
Jave,

Even with herpes, kissing is NOT a risk for hiv infection. Not only is saliva not infectious, but it also contains over a dozen different proteins and enzymes that damage hiv and render it unable to infection.

Kissing is NOT a risk for hiv infection - end of story. Not one person has ever been infected through a kiss and you certainly are NOT going to be the first.
If you read the Welcome Thread before posting like you're supposed to, you will have read the following posting guideline:

Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). If you continue to post excessively after one Time Out, you may be given a second Time Out which will last eight weeks. There is no third Time Out - it is a permanent ban. The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

PLEASE CONSIDER YOURSELF WARNED.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline javelin87

« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2009, 08:53:26 am »
Okay I am sorry. My last post is an error from me. I don't know Andy had answered my question. Andy and Ann, thank you for your answers, I am glad to have you guys here. Thank you. 

A

Offline javelin87

3-seconds penetration with condom
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2009, 11:24:05 am »
hi guys, i was fooling around with an asian massager.. my penis was inserted (only a few centimeters, i think) and it just no longer than 2 seconds.. because i was scared, so i pull out my penis... i was using a condom.. i don't know if it broke or not, but i think it did not broke.. i have ask her, and she said she is clean. she took a test every single month. but i am still scared.

what is my risk ? thank you.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
Re: 3-seconds penetration with condom
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2009, 11:40:52 am »
jav,

I've merged your new thread into your original thread - where you should post all your additional thoughts or questions. It helps us to help you when you keep all your additional thoughts or questions in one thread.

If you need help finding your thread when you come here, click on the "Show own posts" link under your name in the left-hand column of any forum page.

Please also read through the Welcome Thread so you can familiarize yourself with our Forum Posting Guidelines. Thank you for your cooperation.

There's no way a condom would break from being inserted into a vaginal for two seconds.

You did not have a risk. Condoms have been proven to prevent hiv infection.

You need to be using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no exceptions until such time as you are in a securely monogamous relationship where you have both tested for ALL sexually transmitted infections together. To agree to have unprotected intercourse is to consent to the possibility of being infected with an STI. Sex without a condom lasts only a matter of minutes, but hiv is forever.

Have a look through all three condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use condoms with confidence.

ALTHOUGH YOU DO NOT NEED TO TEST OVER THIS SPECIFIC PROTECTED ENCOUNTER, anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results. Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv.

Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, and you will avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple!

Again, you did NOT have a risk for hiv infection. NO RISK.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline javelin87

« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2009, 11:51:26 am »
i am sorry for creating a new topic.

i just scared what if the condom was not used properly, because she put that with her mouth.. i wonder if this change the fact that i have no risk ? thanks

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2009, 11:55:41 am »
jave,

NO, it does not change your NO risk situation. Sex workers who use their mouth to put a condom on a penis know what they're doing. It's a common practice. And remember, sex workers use condoms to protect THEMSELVES, not you. She's not going to put herself at risk by putting a condom on you incorrectly or by damaging it with her teeth.

NO RISK.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline javelin87

« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2009, 12:08:05 pm »
i see. i know exactly that my penis did not fully inserted, and it just about 2 seconds. even if the condom was not fully covering my penis. i dont have a reason to be scared right ann ? thanks :)

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2009, 12:14:04 pm »
Jave,

You have absolutely NO reason to be scared. The condom covered the head of your penis and that is what's important. Please don't go on and on about this latest no risk situation like you did last time. You had NO RISK and that's that.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline javelin87

« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2009, 09:16:38 pm »
Thanks Ann,

i am being paranoid. but i can remember this 3 things :

1. I am wearing a condom, and i know it did not broke since when i cum, i see no semens come out from the condom (i cummed outside). but you know, my paranoid minds wont allow me to think positive, it always make me thinks the "what ifs".

2. I don't know if my penis inserted or not. I think my penis haven't got inserted yet, and i pull it after 2-3seconds.  but the girl said that my penis had inserted for half. here is where i confused, how can i did not feel when my penis is inserted ? or this is just her words so i have to pay for a intercourse price ? (in fact i did not feel that was an intercourse)

3. she said she is clean. and she said that if there is any problem, i can contact her and she gives me her number. does that means i can trust her words ?

how was it Ann ? final opinion please ? thanks

*one thing, she used body lotion or some massage oil in penis before she puts the condom. did it make any difference ? because i just read that some body lotion can break the condom more easily. thanks
« Last Edit: September 19, 2009, 09:42:52 pm by javelin87 »

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #24 on: September 19, 2009, 11:55:05 pm »
It doesn't matter if you were in or out,  you had protected sex the condom did not break and that's all there is no it...again you were in a NO RISK situation.

You need to know how HIV is transmitted so I suggest you educate yourself and read the lesson here on this site.

About the word "Clean", this is not a word we use when refering to HIV, it is an insult to those of us who are living with this virus...so please refrain from using that word again.

Jan
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline javelin87

« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2009, 01:01:10 am »
I am very sorry, I just repeat what she said. Sorry, really. My deepest apologies.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2009, 06:12:30 am »
Jave,

Re-read your entire thread - and take note of the warning I gave you on August 7th. Keep going on about your latest NO RISK incident and you WILL be given a time out.

THIS IS YOUR LAST WARNING!

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline javelin87

« Reply #27 on: September 20, 2009, 08:21:07 am »
Okay I am really sorry. Thank you

Offline javelin87

« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2009, 09:32:12 pm »
Sorry to post again, but now on the 6th day, i am having a sore throat. i am scared.

Just want to ask, if i already put my penis inside her vagina, i should have feel them right ? because i think i have not put it inside, but she said it was in. And if the condom broke, i should feel it broke right ?

Sorry for my stupid question. Really need your opinion. Thanks

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2009, 09:33:57 pm »
Say good bye you were WARNED..

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2009, 07:08:28 am »
Jave,

Re-read your entire thread. Our answers are not going to change. You did not have a risk.

I'm giving you that time out you've been warned about. Do not attempt to create a new account to get around your time out because if you do, you will be permanently banned.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline javelin87

« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2009, 12:45:11 am »
Hi guys, i am deeply sorry for coming back to this forum. Just a simple question, I think my gum sometimes easily bleeding, and I remember I had deep kissed few massage girl. Should I be concerned for this ? Thank you.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #32 on: December 02, 2009, 12:47:42 am »
No. HIV is not transmitted by kissing.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #33 on: December 02, 2009, 07:52:26 am »
Kissing of any kind is not a risk for HIV transmission.

By now you ought to know the basics about sexual transmission of HIV. It's all about unprotected vaginal or anal intercourse. If you consistently use condoms for those activities you will be well protected from HIV. It's just as simple as that.

Get on with your life.
Andy Velez

Offline javelin87

« Reply #34 on: December 02, 2009, 08:32:12 pm »
even if im having a bleeding gum when i kissing ? *still i dont know if it was bleeding or not*

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #35 on: December 02, 2009, 08:59:44 pm »
Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). If you continue to post excessively after one Time Out, you may be given a second Time Out which will last eight weeks. There is no third Time Out - it is a permanent ban. The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #36 on: December 02, 2009, 09:05:30 pm »
jave,

You just don't read the replies we give you. Andy already said "Kissing of any kind is not a risk for HIV transmission". Keep going on about NO RISK kissing and you'll be given a second time out.

Please consider yourself warned!

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline javelin87

« Reply #37 on: December 07, 2009, 08:35:19 am »
guys, just want to say that i've take a test today, I will get the result by tomorrow. I don't want my OCD keep haunting me.

Please give me words to keep me calm. Thanks for your big support.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #38 on: December 07, 2009, 08:49:34 am »
You didn't have any risk. Of course your test result is going to be negative.

We are not going to indulge you forever and everytime you have sex of some kind. The only thing you have to be concerned about is to always use a condom for vaginal or anal intercourse. If you do that consistently you will be well protected. Everything else sexual is only risky theoretically. It's as simple as that.

Apply that information to whatever you do in the future. You aren't going to be allowed to come here everytime you have sex with another series of anxious questions. 
Andy Velez

Offline javelin87

« Reply #39 on: December 08, 2009, 09:54:55 am »
Guys, as you were expected, my result came negative on the 11th weeks.

Thank you. I am really sorry for always doubting your words.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #40 on: December 08, 2009, 04:49:50 pm »
OK. Enjoy that result and get on with your life.

Andy Velez

Offline javelin87

Wisdom Teeth Extraction
« Reply #41 on: December 21, 2009, 03:57:01 am »
Hi, I am very disappointed that I have to go back to this forum asking a similar question.

I just had a wisdom teeth extraction on last week (monday). On thursday, I had the stitches dissolved.

The problem is, on Satuday I kissed a girl. I wonder if there is a open sores from my wisdom teeth extraction.

Should I be concerned for HIV transmission here ?

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
Re: Wisdom Teeth Extraction
« Reply #42 on: December 21, 2009, 04:51:52 am »
Jav,

And I'm disappointed that despite being told not to before, I've had to merge your threads again. I've merged your new thread into your original thread - where you should post all your additional thoughts or questions. It helps us to help you when you keep all your additional thoughts or questions in one thread. It doesn't matter how long it has been since you last posted in your thread or if the subject matter is different.

If you need help finding your thread when you come here, click on the "Show own posts" link under your name in the left-hand column of any forum page.

Please also read through the Welcome Thread so you can familiarize yourself with our Forum Posting Guidelines. Thank you for your cooperation.

And I'm also disappointed that despite being told and told and told again that kissing is not a risk for hiv infection, you're back here to ask about kissing again. Get a grip and get with the program already. Kissing is NOT A RISK no matter what sort of details you can come up with.

If you insist on coming back with more kissing questions, you WILL be given a second time out. Seriously. You've been warned.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.