Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 08:27:08 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773294
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 791
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 772
Total: 773

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Advice...  (Read 3282 times)

Offline thedarkknight

Advice...
« on: September 15, 2007, 02:37:27 pm »
 Hello all, I am really in need of some advice here. You guys all offered sound advice when I needed it once before so I thought I would enquire once again.

I don't know if I'm in the right place of if I am going to come across as and idiot or offensive but I need some help.

I am not even sure how to write this down but here goes, I have been straight all my life, been in love a couple of times and had a lot of girls, Im 22. Never thought to myself that I am gay, or even looked at anyone of the opposite sex in a more than friendly way.

Recently I've embarked on a relationship with a girl I work with and it has been amazing, we get on in every way possible, spending all our time together and having lots of fun. I even found myself at the point of telling her that I loved her, but refrained in case of scaring her off. Any way a few days later we were fooling around and I "lost interest" because she wasn't quite getting it right and paniced, immediately thinking of impotency and the possibility that I wasn't interested in girls...a ridiculous notion but since then I have been overthinking the latter point uncontrollably (sp).

I have a tendency, and several have described this "tendency" to actually be OCD, to overthink and convince myself of things. After a single bad acid trip I convinced myself that I was going to lose my mind and ruined everything around me to only regret it after relaisng I was fine. I also got the same way about my health a couple of years after, which originally bought me here.

Now I can't stop wondering whether or not I am gay. I can't understand how I can go from the happiest I have been in years to this feeling in what was roughly about ten mins. Since the incident I mentioned we have fooled around a couple of times and normal service has been resumed to put it politely, and I was fine all day with her yesterday, having fun and enjoying myself. But today I have been miserable, I can't shake off this feeling, and have even been glancing at men this morning whilst in town to see what I feel, and noticing that I am glancing at women less, but also realising that I am probably doing this on purpose, as I seem to be wallowing in this problem.

I don't have anyone face to face I can talk to about this, and the one or two I hacve spoke to online said that I am not gay, and pointed out that most just know from very early on, and that I am overthinking and need to see a psychologist about my apparent OCD.

I guess I'm here to just see what others think about what I have descibed.

Am I gay? Or is the low feelings I am feeling due to that Im with someone amazing who I don't want to lose? And is maybe that I am considering something like this when she is so happy, just as I was just a few days ago, thats making me feel so low. It's really messing things up at the moment for me. How can I switch from being straight to considering this in ten minutes? I really want to see her right now and she is coming over, can't wait, and have wanted to see her all day. Confusing myself, and I had a real panic attack this afternoon to boot, first time I have cried for a long time. Have been so happy since Easter, and particularly these last few weeks with her. We have to go out tonight for a leaving party and Im gonna be so quiet all night cos I can't stop thinking about this.

Please don't treat this with any scorn if I have offended or wasted anyones time.

In need of some help.

J

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
Re: Advice...
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2007, 02:47:07 pm »
One question:  when you masturbate do you think of men or women, and if both at times which do you think of more?
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2007, 03:04:53 pm »
Not to be rude but this is a site that is used by HIV+ people to deal with and discuss their problems relating to HIV. I'm a bit curious why as a negative person you would choose us to psychoanalyze whether you are gay or not? We really aren't in the business of helping people decide whether they are gay or not. Diagnosing over the internet would not be in your best interest and reading your past posting history in Am I Infected I am afraid I can see where this is leading. If this is really bothering you, you should seek professional help.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2007, 03:06:30 pm by Dachshund »

Offline Life

• Member 2005
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2007, 03:10:29 pm »
Well that really sucks not knowing which side of the fence to swing your legs...  I have some great girl friends but I sure as heck would not know what to in the bedroom.    ;)  Some guys just take a bit longer to figure out what makes you happy.   I presume this gf might give you some insight as to what you like in a relationship and what is missing...   Self discovery babe... Go find out what you like and make decisions as they become clearer...

Philly hit it on the head...   (ouch)...  But intuitively its probably your first clue...

Eric

Offline Hard Times

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2007, 06:37:00 pm »
i agree with Dachshund !
Your Body Is What You Are.
Your Soul Is Who You Are.

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2007, 06:58:55 pm »
Oh... I just assumed he was HIV+

Yeah, that's a bit tired
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline thedarkknight

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2007, 06:38:27 am »
It's not leading anywhere, it was just a sincere question about the pain Im experiecning. Sorry to have troubled you all.

Oh, and it's always been women for those that suggested it.

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2007, 06:43:08 am »
It's not leading anywhere, it was just a sincere question about the pain Im experiecning. Sorry to have troubled you all.

Oh, and it's always been women for those that suggested it.

well there you go, you've answered your own question. if you want stories about real pain, we've got a ton of them for you.

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2007, 06:43:22 am »
Listen Dark it's pretty simple.

If you fancy the idea of copping a big one up the poop shute (I know I do) then you're a gay. Or at least a bisexual.

Got it? Good.

MtD

Offline thedarkknight

« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2007, 07:30:45 am »
well there you go, you've answered your own question. if you want stories about real pain, we've got a ton of them for you.

I'm sorry, I wasn't intending to illicit this kind of response, and I know my own problems should stay that. Didn't want to cause offense.

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2007, 07:38:47 am »
I'm sorry, I wasn't intending to illicit this kind of response, and I know my own problems should stay that. Didn't want to cause offense.

Sorry, but we can't guarantee you the kind of "response" you are looking seeking when you post in Off Topic. If you're seriously confused about your sexuality seek professional help. It's that simple...this is not the Am Infected forums where the answers are based on science. We will not wring our hands with you while you obsess about whether or not you want a boy's wee wee.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2007, 07:45:25 am by Dachshund »

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2007, 07:45:17 am »
Dark,

As the Off Topic forum exists so we have a place of light relief from hiv, this subject is not really within this forum's remit.

As others have suggested, if you are truly confused and concerned about this matter, you need to talk to someone face to face. You might think about contacting your local LGBT (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender) organisation and see if they have a peer counselor willing to talk this over with you.

I'm going to lock this thread before things get silly.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.