Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 15, 2024, 01:27:58 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37594
  • Latest: FloBeee
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772732
  • Total Topics: 66292
  • Online Today: 181
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 172
Total: 173

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Addiction to Sex  (Read 4675 times)

Offline aladdin

Addiction to Sex
« on: January 12, 2009, 06:06:33 pm »
I have recently been a little addicted to sex and have frequented prostitutes on a regular basis. In all honesty I have ony had protected sex once and usually get mutual masturbation or Protected oral and sometimes kissing.
I had a full STD checkups today and am expecting results back in 8 days.

I seemed to have waken up to these behavoural problems as of late and trurly regret what I have been doing. I do feel that some of these girls could even have been forrced into the sex trade and vowed to never do this again.
What are the risks I face with regards to HIV and possibly other STD's?

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
Re: Addiction to Sex
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2009, 06:50:17 pm »
As far as HIV is concerned, as long as you always use condoms for either vaginal or anal intercourse you have no cause for concern. Nothing you have mentioned would put you at risk for HIV transmission.

We only talk about HIV here. With regard to other STDs, we always recommend that anyone who is sexually active ought to regularly have a full STD panel done -- which means at least once a year.

If you really think you are a sex addict there are 12 Step programs for that problem which many have found to be helpful.

I don't see any need to be concerned about HIV from what you've reported.

Cheers.
Andy Velez

Offline aladdin

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2009, 02:38:01 pm »
Ok, Thanks for the Advice. I have looked into the 12 step program this week and start tommorw. I still had a full STD checkup and have not yet recieved the results and am nervous about other possible STD's.

So I'll just be patient.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2009, 02:57:37 pm »
Seems like you're addressing your needs effectively. Good luck with getting sexual matters sorted out and with negative results on your tests.

Cheers.
Andy Velez

Offline aladdin

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2009, 11:43:38 am »
Thanks.

I am awaiting my fulll std test results which should be with me Monday, Tuesday :(

Reading through this forum I getting an understanding that guilt seems to play a major factor in most peoples HIV testing including my own. 

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2009, 12:09:31 pm »
Yes, it does. And most of the time what they are having is not HIV and a heavy dose of guilt and shame.

Still, whenever there has been unprotected intercourse, vaginal or anal, it's always best to get tested and remove any uncertainties about HIV status.

Cheers.
Andy Velez

Offline aladdin

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2009, 09:48:04 am »
 8) OK. Got my Full STD checkup results today for everything. All Negative.

To be Honest I was more concerned with Hep C which you can get from sharing money to snort cocaine!

For All the Worried Wells.
I have had Sex with 60+ sex workers with mutual masturbation, protected sex, oral and kissing ect. So it appears that condoms are fairly good!

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2009, 09:52:07 am »
8) OK. Got my Full STD checkup results today for everything. All Negative.

To be Honest I was more concerned with Hep C which you can get from sharing money to snort cocaine!

For All the Worried Wells.
I have had Sex with 60+ sex workers with mutual masturbation, protected sex, oral and kissing ect. So it appears that condoms are fairly good!

"...it appears that condoms are fairly good!" I would call that an understatement.

Congrats on your negative results. Just continue on using those "fairly good" condoms everytime you have intercourse is my suggestion.
Andy Velez

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.