Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 09:48:19 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773198
  • Total Topics: 66336
  • Online Today: 554
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 458
Total: 459

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: blog coming soon  (Read 4013 times)

Offline DingoBoi

• Bailey's Infected Cream™ Served since 2004
blog coming soon
« on: June 13, 2006, 01:01:35 am »
Ok.. i spent all night working on my computer trying to get my damn videoblogging program to run with my webcam.

It wasn't a pretty sight.  Multiple reinstalls and several blue screens of death and to top it off, and a few system rollbacks and  i still have sound sync issues... but I think it's mostly stable enough now to run.... argh...

and now it's too late to put one together... but I haven't forgotten ya'll.  

Bailey (who admits to being lazy the last month but begs forgiveness)   I blame it on the meds.  But i've been dreading this setup process.   I have an inkling of what peter and  them all must have gone through with the new forums setup. Ugh.. It's a friggin nightmare.

It's the same program I used before... but i used to record outside the program and drag and drop into it like a movie editor, but the program is supposed to make vidblogging easy so you can just record as you go... well... it's been anything but easy setting up.  My old puter wasn't powerful enough to run it so I had no choice but to edit it like i did before... but it's just not the same dammit as the real features of the program.  You might not notice em, but i do.... and being a damn perfectionist, I hesistate to put forth the same old type of blog when I know I can do more.   It's different when you know that's all you can achieve, but I know i can do more in production quality.

well, a little bit more :P

the tests i've done tonight are so-so, but since it seems to be working, now that it's formatted, it should be an easy production which i hope to do at least weekly in the future.

Learning a new program isn't easy (though editing before in it was)... but since I relocated my computer to a corner, I need to use greenscreen backdrops and that's been a sticking point.  I *think* it's mostly resolved and while i'm busy tomorrow re-editing for mtv, i'm gonna try to get one out asap... i have this package from lwood that i'm dying to open :)

« Last Edit: June 13, 2006, 01:16:35 am by DingoBoi »

Offline Shawn Decker

• "Gee, Shawn!"
    • MY PET VIRUS
Re: blog coming soon
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2006, 02:46:04 am »
Hey Bailey,

So you're doing a vid for the MTV thing, too?  That's awesome.  Gwenn, my wife partner, and I sent ours' in today.  And I can relate to what you're writing about in terms of computer woes, my iMovie program was taking to kicking me square in the nuts... I was about to throw in the towel.

Good luck with the vidblogging.
Shawn

Offline DingoBoi

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2006, 02:52:39 am »
i think it's more the program at fault rather than the computer.... ergh..

pisses me off.  I am redoing my video based upon suggestions from mtv... no guarantees i'll be broadcast, but hopefully.... and a plug for aidsmeds.com in there will be naturally included.

Offline Nadine

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2006, 05:47:09 am »
Bailey...you really haven't opened that package yet? I could not be that disciplined!

Been looking forward to a new blog from you and don't you forget to include Puppy London  :)

Waiting patiently.................

Offline Lwood

• Here's Lookin At You....
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2006, 02:03:17 pm »
You Haven't openedit YET ???  Oh Dear God... The Cheeseball will have freakin Legs...
"Fortunately, I Keep My T Cells Numbered For Just Such An Emergency"
  -Either Foghorn Leghorn or Johnny Cash

Offline DingoBoi

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2006, 06:14:39 pm »
no, i must do it on camera

but i will have bug spray handy when i do :P

in case it crawls.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.