Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:42:11 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772946
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 441
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 348
Total: 350

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: testing time frames and continued worry and physical ilments  (Read 6475 times)

Offline tiredofworry

testing time frames and continued worry and physical ilments
« on: October 03, 2007, 09:20:02 am »
I have tested negative for HIV 3 times in the last year since possible exposure with csw. The time frames were 4 weeks 8 weeks and 14 weeks. I had multiple contact with csw over 3 year period. Do my test negate this activity and my continued misery? I have been exposed to my wife as of 1 year and have dealt with her pain and my guilt. She has had two test both neg also. The crux of my question is do the HIV test I had remove HIV as a possibility. The last test was an insurance exam, does that make a difference? Thank you for your consideration.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
Re: testing time frames and continued worry and physical ilments
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2007, 10:14:15 am »
Tired,

You are conclusively hiv negative and you do not need further testing. It doesn't matter that the last test was for insurance - the tests used for this purpose are valid tests.

If you were using condoms with the sex workers, you didn't need to test in the first place. Condoms have been proven to prevent hiv infection. If you weren't using condoms, then please wise up and use them in the future when having sex outside your marriage.

Ann
« Last Edit: October 03, 2007, 10:24:13 am by Ann »
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline tiredofworry

having trouble moving on
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2007, 01:45:53 pm »
i had a high risk exposure three years ago followed by at a dozen risky encounters in the years that followed. In august of 2006 I was exposed to my wife about the extramarital activity. I took a HIV test in early in Sept., my last possible exposure was probably in early July. I was drinking heavily during those months and I honestly cant remember. I use August 18th as my baseline because that is when my activities came to light. The test in Septtember was negative which in my mind should have covered all but the most recent encounters? I then sufferered horrrible physical problems in cluding cold sores rash on palm, constant pain in my calves,tingling peeling hands,dry skin , mouth sores and many other unpleasant feelings. I then had another test on Oct 10th and this was my private GP, this where the paranoia seeps in. I felt at one point he actually did not run the test because I ws never mailed a test result. The result he called me with was negative, he also gave me a physical at time and other chlosterol everything was fairly normal. I then took an insurance exam Dec. 4th for private life insurance company was granted policy for 2 million. I saw results where HIV was tested and nonreactive-. Paranois tells insurance will rescind policy after one year to collect premiums and enrich company. Today, I have cold sore rash on palm and pain in calves and hands I have scheduled appointment with GP for one more HIV test that would make 14 months. If I were positive with HIV would this be a normal progression through the disease, I feel as if myalgia is strating along PN. I know this all sounds nuts to most of you, but please take the time to respond one way or the other.
Good luck to all
slainte

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
Re: having trouble moving on
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2007, 02:36:10 pm »

Please keep all your additional thoughts, questions and comments in your original thread. This helps us to follow your story and give you the most accurate advice.

If you can't find you original thread click on the red link I've provided above. Alternatively you can click on the "show own posts" link in the left hand column of any forums page.

Your questions will not be answered until you return to your original thread.

MtD

Offline tiredofworry

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2007, 02:45:20 pm »
do I need to retype or is there a way to move it over to old thread?

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2007, 02:51:14 pm »
Click the red link in my reply above. That will take you to your original thread and you can retype your question there.

MtD

Offline tiredofworry

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2007, 02:58:04 pm »
ahh to hell with it, take it easy guys Im out of here.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2007, 04:16:30 pm »
Your threads are merged. Please keep all of your entries in this same thread. Thanks for your cooperation.

I think your head is playing games with you and you are busy (mis)interpreting symptoms and guessing about tests. I don't see any reason to doubt the validity of your previous negative results. I expect your latest result to confirm the previous ones with another negative. Symptoms are never the way to know anything about HIV status and there is nothing HIV specific about anything you are reporting. If they continue to trouble you that's something to discuss with your doctor.

I don't see this as an HIV situation.

Cheers,
Andy Velez

Offline tiredofworry

« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2007, 11:04:59 am »
Thanks Andy,
I appreciate you helping me out with your response.
God Bless

Offline tiredofworry

« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2007, 01:37:34 pm »
Tested again today, this would be over 1 year from last possible exposure. I feel good I finally got thecourage to put this to bed one way or the other. The only thing that sucks is Ive got cold sores and a sore throat. This past year has really sucked, I just want to move on and i believe i will be able to after I recieve my results on Thursday. BETTER TO KNOW THAN NOT KNOW. My ancestors would be appaled at my lack of courage over the last year. I admire the courage and kindness with wich the people at this forum conduct themselves.
Slainte
Seamus

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2007, 02:50:13 pm »
I certainly expect you will collect another negative result for your collection of.
Andy Velez

Offline tiredofworry

« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2007, 08:35:39 am »
Waiting for my results and the cold sores are popping out, totally freaked. Wish me luck

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2007, 12:01:10 pm »
Your "outbursts" notwithstanding I expect you to test negative.

Good luck and keep us posted.
Andy Velez

Offline tiredofworry

« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2007, 10:02:59 am »
Neagative after 14 months! Thank you for your consideration and knowledge. Everyone please dont let fear ruin your life, test and move on. Stay off the computer it will only cause you pain like it did for me for 14 months.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.