Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:06:34 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772946
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 424
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 369
Total: 369

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: WORRIED!  (Read 32272 times)

Offline scarednm

Re: WORRIED!
« Reply #50 on: October 02, 2006, 09:39:11 pm »
"There have been studies of serodiscordant couples and in the couples who used condoms for intercourse, but no barrier for any type of oral, not one of the negative partners became infected. Not one.", Ann I got this off a thread that I read, is this true? Where could you research this? Is this is true then why is it all over the internet that oral sex is risky and scaring the hell out of half the people that post here? (Including myself) Anyway, thought this was very interesting. Thanks

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #51 on: October 03, 2006, 07:28:55 am »
scared,

Yes, it's true about the studies. If you'd bothered to read the Welcome thread like I asked you to when you first came here, you would have also read the Transmission Lesson where these studies are mentioned.

The only explanation I can offer you as to why other sites continue to scare monger is that they have a religious and/or moral agenda. We do not. We stick to the science here and leave the moral judgements to others.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline scarednm

« Reply #52 on: October 04, 2006, 01:29:03 am »
so with my risks, are you telling me that i would be one of the first to be infected with the following symptoms (which I originally posted)

- Kissed for a few minutes
- Fingered her for a few minutes
- oral sex performed on me
- oral sex on her outside of her vagina for under a minute

Thanks!!!!!!!!

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #53 on: October 04, 2006, 03:19:28 am »
52 posts and you keep asking the same questions over and over again. YOU DID NOT HAVE A RISK, ok, that's enough.

Offline scarednm

« Reply #54 on: October 04, 2006, 09:59:22 pm »
dude im sorry, but i still been feeling a little sick and my lymth nodes under my jaw and behind my ears seem to be bothering me!!! ??? ???

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #55 on: October 05, 2006, 03:05:35 am »
Again you didn't have a risk. If you have swollen nodes go visit a doctor because it is unrelated to HIV.

Offline scarednm

« Reply #56 on: October 06, 2006, 12:37:38 am »
im going to finally test with the western blot, i have all the symptoms that i have never had, my lympth nodes are swollen worse than ever, still have a little white tongue, cant sleep, HEADACHES like never before, flu like symptoms, i am so itchy all over, and i have dandruff (which i have never had???) WOW, you guys claim it cant happen from my risk factors (which i am not lying about!!!!!!!!!), but im telling you if i test negative i will be completely shocked,what else could be my symptoms??????????/ ??? ??? ??? ???

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #57 on: October 06, 2006, 04:30:56 am »
You did not have a risk and I don't understand why you would go to a doctor and the doctor would give you a Western Blot test. If you gave a doctor the information you have given here and then the symptoms you gave. NO doctor would do an Western Blot test on you.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #58 on: October 06, 2006, 07:55:37 am »
Scared, it's time to call a halt here with you as far as HIV is concerned.

As you have been told repeatedly, you were not at risk. So every way you work it to come back in with another quest for reassurance is really not addressing whatever is driving your fear.

If you have ongoing physical problems you need to discuss them with your doctor.

If you can't let go of this totally unwarranted fear about HIV then you should see a therapist or other mental health professional and discuss the emotional aspects of the situation. Perhaps you have some feelings about the sexual act itself or other circumstances related to it. Whatever it is, this is not the place for sorting that out.

We can't help you with that and you have already gotten whatever we can provide you with here.

This is NOT and HIV situation.

Andy Velez

Offline scarednm

« Reply #59 on: October 08, 2006, 07:51:27 pm »
setting my last hiv test up this week, it is at an advanced hiv testing center using the 3rd generation micro-ELISA, how accurate will this test be around 8-9 weeks, by the way still having that damned white tongue?????????????

Offline scarednm

« Reply #60 on: October 08, 2006, 07:59:36 pm »
oh and also fatigue, diarehha, and ithy skin, these symptoms are off and on just really wondering what the hell is up with this on going white tongue??????????//

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #61 on: October 09, 2006, 05:08:35 am »
scared,

If you're worried about your tongue, go show it to your doctor or dentist. We cannot diagnose what's going on with you here.

What we CAN tell you is that you didn't have a risk of hiv infection in what you brought to us. You are seriously in danger of being given a four week time out for continually posting over a no risk event. A time out will encourage you to go get the face-to-face doctor appointment you need.

You did NOT have a risk of hiv infection.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline scarednm

« Reply #62 on: October 09, 2006, 08:57:55 pm »
Ann,

I am really sorry for the multiple posts but did not get the last answer i posted about testing answered (nothing about my risks). I have an appointment set up tomorrow at a real clinic (no home test) I will be taking the 3rd Generation Elisa test, just wanted to know how accurate this would be at 2 months?? just want to be sure! Thank You and I will not post again until I get my results 

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #63 on: October 10, 2006, 02:35:48 am »
For you it will be conclusive. You did not have a risk.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #64 on: October 10, 2006, 06:00:28 am »
scared,

If you ever have a REAL risk, such as unprotected anal or vaginal intercourse, then a conclusive result can only be had at three months - and it doesn't matter at three months what the generation is.

However, as you did NOT have a risk, any test you take at any time WILL be conclusive.

And I've still got my finger on the time out button. Post anything other than your test result and you'll have one.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline scarednm

« Reply #65 on: October 11, 2006, 08:22:12 pm »
Ann,

Got my results today and just like you said they were negative, i feel like an ass for posting so many times and wasting your time. THANK YOU so much for putting up with me. I am very thankful I had someone to listen to me (I am a new college graduate in a new town where I know NOBODY) again, thank you, Rapid, and Andy.

Offline scarednm

« Reply #66 on: October 13, 2006, 01:24:30 am »
sorry but no response :(, I should be negative right?

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #67 on: October 13, 2006, 06:04:16 am »
scared,

You are conclusively negative and we didn't need a test result to tell us that. You had no risk to begin with.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline scarednm

« Reply #68 on: October 15, 2006, 02:54:14 pm »
hello,

one LAST question I PROMISE, would the 3rd gen at two months be accurate for anybody even if they had a high rsik? would drinking alcohol cause a false positive since it can hurt thr immune system as well. Thanks WONT POST AGAIN IF THIS IS ANSWERED

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #69 on: October 15, 2006, 04:30:36 pm »
You did not have a risk, and any test at anytime would be conclusive for you.

Offline scarednm

« Reply #70 on: October 15, 2006, 07:47:47 pm »
sorry, just wanted the question answered ???

Offline scarednm

« Reply #71 on: October 15, 2006, 08:52:11 pm »
also, who fits in the category of a late seroconvertor?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #72 on: October 15, 2006, 09:12:05 pm »
Long time IV drug users, people on chemo, people who take anti-rejection drugs for transplants and people that are immuno suppressed.

Offline scarednm

« Reply #73 on: October 15, 2006, 09:19:03 pm »
thanks Rod for clarifying, you are the man!

Offline scarednm

« Reply #74 on: October 15, 2006, 11:36:47 pm »
would this be the group that doesnt seroconvert after 4-6 weeks?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #75 on: October 16, 2006, 05:27:08 am »
This would be the cause of some not converting at that time frame and would need to be extended longer.

Offline scarednm

« Reply #76 on: October 17, 2006, 12:58:23 am »
sorry, but could this be a normal person who is healthy, but for some reason seroconcerts later, has this happened before?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #77 on: October 17, 2006, 05:07:23 am »
The answer is no. It doesn't happen to healthy individuals.

Offline scarednm

« Reply #78 on: October 17, 2006, 10:52:03 am »
thanks man

Offline scarednm

« Reply #79 on: November 25, 2006, 05:44:12 pm »
Finally going to get one more last test results to be sure nest week (3 1/2 months later), had a rash on my upper thigh for a few weeks thats caused me to do so? any suggestions what this might be?

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #80 on: November 25, 2006, 09:53:14 pm »
scared,

A rash could be anything. See your doctor.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline scarednm

« Reply #81 on: November 26, 2006, 07:38:16 pm »
Thanks, really scared to get my results back but after 15 1/2 weeks these results would be conclusive right? I am using the Home Access Hiv-1 test I bought on-line. Thank you

Offline scarednm

« Reply #82 on: November 27, 2006, 02:15:20 pm »
???

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #83 on: November 27, 2006, 02:24:44 pm »
scared,

Of course it's conclusive. Anything past 12-13 weeks is conclusive - and you never had a risk in the first place. Don't be too shocked when your home access returns another negative result.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline stressed

« Reply #84 on: November 27, 2006, 04:18:31 pm »
i just read your posts and wondering how u feel?

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #85 on: November 27, 2006, 04:53:07 pm »
stressed,

If you have an hiv concern, you need to start your own thread. Posting questions in someone else's thread is condsidered thread hijacking and we do not encourage that practice here. We also do not encourage symptom hunting, which is what I have a feeling you are trying to do.

Before you start your own thread, please read through the Welcome Thread, take note of our posting guidelines and follow the link to the Transmission Lesson. If you still have questions after doing all that, feel free to ask - in your own thread.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline scarednm

« Reply #86 on: November 28, 2006, 10:46:00 pm »
Just as Ann said, my results were negative. Thank you for your help :)

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.