Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 03:25:19 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773199
  • Total Topics: 66336
  • Online Today: 568
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 503
Total: 503

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: burn in my mouth  (Read 27175 times)

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
Re: burn in my mouth
« Reply #50 on: July 14, 2008, 10:02:35 pm »
Peter, I'm just going  to add on to what has already been said to you.

I don't know how really serious you are about any of the drama you repeatedly bring to the Forums, but enough is more than enough already. We're simply not going to indulge you any further. You're insulting the work we do here. If you are really serious about straightening out problems you and your bf may have, then get yourself some private professional help and go to work there.

You need to be aware that you just might be heading not just for a time out but a possible ban from the site. We're really, really tired of your stuff. Your attempts to mask what you're doing by hiding behind having an HIV positive bf is really shabby. If you can't handle the relationship then break up with him and find someone you can behave like a grownup with.

And don't make the mistake of sending me anymore PMs. That is not going to fly either.

If you're thinking I'm tired of all this, you're getting the right message. 
Andy Velez

Offline peterhelms

Question.
« Reply #51 on: February 18, 2009, 07:14:38 am »
When i have any kind of doubt , i come to this forum because  of Ann and Andy .
My boyfriend is positive and im negative, yesterday i bit the inside of my mouth, it didnt bleed but later on when i looked at the inside of my mouth i saw a little cut( again it didnt bleed)
3hours after i accidentally bit the inside of my mouth i perfomed oral sex on my boyfriend, he never cums inside my mouth, but there could have been pre cum.
Have there been any treansmission cases where something similar to this happenned?
What if pre cum touched the non bleeding cut, could that be a risk?
Sorry if this is a dumb question , but i come here because ann and andy tell it like it is.
Thank you.

Offline RapidRod

Re: Question.
« Reply #52 on: February 18, 2009, 07:21:35 am »
Your questions will not be answered until you return to your Original Thread.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #53 on: February 18, 2009, 07:53:21 am »
Peter, I've merged your threads. By now you ought to know you're not supposed to start new threads. Please follow our rule and keep all of your entries here.

As to your latest concern, your saliva acts as a very effective natural barrier to HIV transmission through proteins and enzymes. So once again I don't see any cause for concern. 

Speaking of "telling it like it is," which you refer to in your latest questions, much of what I wrote to you last July still applies.
Andy Velez

Offline peterhelms

new question.
« Reply #54 on: August 22, 2009, 05:26:30 pm »
The other day  my upper lip( where there is no saliva) was dry, maybe it was because  of the cold or i might have burnt myself a bit  while smoking(it didnt bleed)
I performed oral sex to my boyfriend, he doesnt cum on my mouth but there might have been some precum , if the pre cum got into the part of my lip that was burnt, could that be a risky situation?
My  lip doesnt bleed , but it was obviously dry.
Could my lip have absorbed his pre cum?
Thanks for answering , sorry if its a silly question, i  just would like to know.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2009, 05:28:48 pm by peterhelms »

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #55 on: August 22, 2009, 06:45:37 pm »
Your mouth has saliva in it, Peter. Once again you are worrying needlessly. We're not going to go on this ride again. Even if your outer upper lip was "dry," you're getting into another "what if" event here. What if it was burned, what if he had precum, blah blah blah. That's not how HIV gets transmitted and it if were possible in such a common situation we would have known so long before today.   

This is more of your longstanding anxiety which if you haven't spoken about to a counselor or other professional, you ought to be doing at this point.
Andy Velez

Offline peterhelms

« Reply #56 on: August 22, 2009, 07:24:25 pm »
THANKS, Andy.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.