Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 01:01:55 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772784
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 267
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 165
Total: 165

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: CONDOM BREAKS. ON PEP. PLS HELP  (Read 25816 times)

Offline hanan

CONDOM BREAKS. ON PEP. PLS HELP
« on: February 01, 2008, 05:57:22 am »
HELLO EVERY ONE. HW R U? I NEED UR HELP JUST 2 ACCESS MY CHANCE OF INFECTION WITH HIV VIRUS. I LIVE IN SOUTH AFRICA BUT WENT 2 DUBAI 4 BUISNESS ON MONDAY. AFTER FINISHN MY DAY BUINESS ON TUESDAY EVEN I WENT FOR SOME DRINKS. AFTER THAT I PICKED UP A PROSTITUTE AND WENT 2 HER PLACE TO HAV SEX SINCE THEY DIDN’T ALLOW EXTRA PPL AT MY HOTEL. SHE GAVE ME CONDOMS I WORE THEM PROPER.I USUALLY PREFER TO USE 2 CONDOMS. WHILE I WAS HAVING SEX WITH HER BOTH CONDOMS BROKE.(TEARED).I WAS  REALY DIVASTIATED.WORRIED.THE WOMAN DIDN’T MIND.SHE IMMEDIATELY TOOK MORNIG PILLS.IT LOOKS LIKE SHE IS MORE WORRIED ABOUT PREGANCY THAN HIV.ANYWAY I WASHED MY GENTIAL PARTS WITH SOAP.AND WENT TO FIND HOSPITAL WHO CAN PROVID ME WITH PEP(POST EXPOSER PROYSELIS). BUT MY SURPRISE DOCTORS/CHEMISTS DON’T HAVE ANY IDEA ABT IT. I WENT 2 MOST PRIVATE/PUBLIC HOSPITAL WITH OUT ANY HELP. SO I DECIDED 2 CUT MT TRIP AND RETURN IMMEDIATELY TO SOUTH AFRICA. SO AFTER 44 HOURS OF THE INCIDENT(EXPOSER).I CONSULTED A DOCTOR WHO PUT ME ON Combivir AND Kaletra. I GAVE BLOOD TEST AND TESTED NEGATIVE FOR EVERYTHN INCUDING HIV. AM NOW ON TREATEMENT(PEP) OF ANTIVORIAL DRUGS. SO GUYS PLS HELP ME OUT WHT R MY CHANCES OF INFECTION.AM CONVINCED SHE IS HIV+. IS THERE ANY HOPE 4 ME. AM REALY WORRIED. ANDY AND ANN PLS HELP ME GUYS.

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
Re: CONDOM BREAKS. ON PEP. PLS HELP
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2008, 06:11:43 am »
Hanan,

Please don't use all capital letters. It's considered to be shouting.

The reason that the condom broke is because you used two at the same time, also called "double-gloving". When you do this the two condoms rub against each other and the friction causes the condoms to rupture. In future use only one latex condom and water based lubricant.

The likelihood of you being infected from this encounter is very low and I wouldn't think you need PEP at all. However low risk is not no risk and you do need to test again. You must have your next test 13 weeks from when you stop taking the PEP. So if you take the full course of PEP (which will be 28 days) you will need to test 13 weeks from then.

I doubt that you will complete the course of PEP. The combination you've been given (Combivir and Kaletra) will probably make you feel very ill and most people find that the side effects are too much to tolerate.

As I said above, I expect you to test negative.

MtD

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2008, 08:41:59 am »
The condoms protected you until they broke. HIV is a fragile virus and not easily transmitted. It is significantly more difficult to accomplish from female to male. Given this was a single incident in which you were protected for part of the time, the odds are way in your favor against transmission having occured even IF the woman you were with is HIV positive.

I would not consider PEP to be necessary in relation to this incident. As Matty has told you, PEP is not something to be entered upon lightly. It's up to you if you want to complete the regimen.
Andy Velez

Offline hanan

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2008, 05:31:16 am »
Thanks Andy and Matty for ur quick response. Sorry abt d Capital letters Matty. Guys this woman is now admitting 2 b poz. So I think I should keep on PRAYING HARD & also continue with this PEP thing. u advised me abt d side effects bt there is nothing else I can do bt continue. Its has been my first day with d medication….I hav nw diarrhoea, Loss of appetite & fatigue. I think it is all bcoz of d stress am in. finally the only 2 things I would like 2 ask u guys are…..

1. Is it possible 4 some1 who engaged in unprotected sex 2 B NEGATIVE. I asked dis coz as u knw South African vise president who had unprotected sex last yr with known HIV+ woman is still negative. And also Today I read a French boy who was raped in Dubai by 2 ppl (one of them poz) tested negative after 6month. Wht do u think of these 2 incidents?

2. How effective is PEP in preventing HIV transmission in early stages of exposser ( before 72hrs)? Coz many countries r nw recommendn it 2 rape victims, especially here in Africa. And I havnt heard of u Andy talkn much abt PEP.
 Pls help.coz the drugs am taking nw r very powerful. I pray GOD forgives me. It is so frightening .I hav nevr felt like this b4 in my life.

MAY GOD’S MERCY BE UP ON ALL OF US. AMEN.

THANKS

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2008, 05:40:08 am »
Hanan,

I don't mean to be rude, but CUT THE CRAP. We don't tolerate amateur dramatics in this forum so you can just pull yourself together, stop behaving like a cry-baby and start behaving like a reasonable person.

You say the woman in question is HIV positive. It doesn't make any difference to the advice that Andy and I gave you. Your chances of testing positive are still very low and PEP really isn't warranted. If you want to continue with PEP, that's your choice.

As Andy notes, you were protected up until the condoms broke, and even after that your chances of contracting HIV were very very low, be she HIV positive or negative.

You do need to be tested and you should do so 13 weeks from when you stop taking the PEP.

MtD

Offline hanan

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2008, 06:49:08 am »
Matty,

u were not rude on me. And am not dramartics.  all i want is ONLY HELP. u know 2day is my 3rd day on PEP. and i already feel ill, mostly i lost appetite 4 food. couldnt even c my friends coz i look 2 tired....the meds are really powerfull.

Matty, my brother....i thought of stoppin d PEP....but my risk wasnt just LOW RISK....Its  HIGH RISK situation. my whole tip of penis was actually exposed 2 an hiv infected vginal fluids.....and this makes it a high risk sexual activity.

finally...andy or Matty...Ann...pls try 2 answer my above questions?

MAY GOD'S MERCY BE UP ON ALL OF US. AMEN.
THANKS

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2008, 07:00:49 am »
Hanan,

Of course you feel ill. You're taking Kaletra and Combivir. These drugs will upset your tummy, They are very powerful medicines and they have powerful side effects. It's my expert opinion that you really don't need these medicines, but if you choose to keep taking them you will continue to feel sick.

You do have to be tested for HIV but I really think you will test negative. I know this is confusing, but trust me here.

Stop taking the pills.

MtD

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2008, 07:27:33 am »
Hanan,

You do not need PEP following a condom break. No way, no how.

Your risk was not high, it was low. Hiv is a fragile, difficult virus to transmit and more so from a woman to a man. I was in a relationship with a negative man, having unprotected intercourse, for a year and a half before we found out I was hiv positive. He remained hiv negative. We were together for six and a half more years, using condoms, and he was still hiv negative when the relationship ended.

You do NOT need to take PEP and I fully expect you to test negative.

Ann
« Last Edit: February 02, 2008, 07:29:15 am by Ann »
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline hanan

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2008, 07:52:27 am »
Ann, Andy, Matty, and every1,

thanks for ur reply. i waz thinking of .....where is HIVvirus mostly concentrated....like in SEMEN...or BLOOD ...or...VAGINAL FLUIDS....i know the concentarion in saliva is almost 0%. .....wht about a woman's vagina....is it full of HIV VIRUS.... or r they specific corners.

THAX.

MAY GOD'S MERCY BE UP ON US. AMEN.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2008, 08:16:05 am »
The area of the vagina which would have the highest concentration of HIV vius is in the cervical area, further up in the vaginal cavity.

As you have already been told your risk was minimal in this incident. Test at 13 weeks and collect what we expect will be a negative test result. If you have troublesome symptoms in the meantime that's something to discuss with your doctor. Nothing you are describing is suggestive of HIV.
Andy Velez

Offline hanan

« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2008, 11:29:56 am »
THX ANDY

i dont hav any symptoms yet...may be its bcoz of the (ARVS PEP) which i am taking may be the syptoms might come later...i really dont know.

bt guys are there any success stories with PEP treatement after Vaginal sex....?

and any luck with ppl testing negative after condom brakes....with confirmed hiv + ppl....?

pls help ...its just been 1 wk and dicovering the woman i slept with is an hiv + is really killing me..............and d ARVs r making me ill...........

THX.ALL

MAY GOD'S MERCY BE UP ON ME. AMEN

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2008, 11:45:30 am »
You are way overreacting about this. I wouldn't have even considered PEP to be warranted in this situation.

When it's begun with 48-72 hours after a possible exposure PEP has a very high rate of success.

I don't like to get into % and numbers because it answers nothing and just feeds worrying and more what ifs.

When you test at 13 weeks I expect you will test negative. In the meantime stay productively busy with other things and you will be amazed at how quickly the time will pass.
Andy Velez

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2008, 04:27:53 pm »

MAY GOD'S MERCY BE UP ON ME. AMEN

Knock it off with the God's mercy stuff already. Hiv is a virus, not a judgement from some guy in a white beard hiding in the clouds.

You don't need to be on PEP. Stop taking it if it's making you ill. You will test hiv negative regardless.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline hanan

« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2008, 10:30:35 am »
hello every1 ............i hav been cryn the whole day 2day...hav just discovered a swollen lymph nodes....on my arm...i hav seen like that b4 but this one was a bit large.........my PEP med is going well......am praying HARD everyday.....but i feel that something is wrong with me.....my risk is BROKEN CONDOM with an hiv poz prostitute.........i hav never had condom brakes....b4...my risk the same like unprotected vaginal sex...........period.........

andy ....do u think this PEP will help......i started it exactely after 44 hrs of exposer........wht is the window period for P24 antigen test....?

MAY GOD'S MERCY BE UP ON US. AMEN....

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2008, 12:01:59 pm »
hanan,

You have already been told that your risk was SMALL and you certainly don't need to be on PEP.

Show the bump on your arm to your doctor. It's nothing to do with hiv. NOTHING.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline hanan

« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2008, 01:24:42 pm »
hello every1

i dont want to discuss my symptoms here but i have 2 say i have seen all the symptoms of acute hiv infection starting the 1st week...this my second week nw. basically wht am doing nw is preparing to get a confirmation test (JUST 2 C IT ON PAPERS). otherwise am convienced unless GOD'S INTERVENTION.

am nw always following about new drugs ....which r coming out...hope GOD will give us HOPE & MERCY,

takecare

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2008, 05:16:26 pm »
We have nothing more to add to what you have been told already.

Ultimately we expect you will test negative when you get around to doing that.
Andy Velez

Offline hanan

« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2008, 11:46:57 am »
hello everyone

i took  2 types of rapid hiv  tests in the morning.........2day is my 22nd day after exposer...(condom broke with an hiv poz prostitute).....(am taking COMBIVIRE and KALETRA as PEP).......so andy...ann...wht do u say....?should i be optemistic.....MATTY was saying i should test 4 weeks after finishing PEP...........guys i had all the symptoms which people talked about here..........i dont want to bother u guys more..........just wish me luck ....am going to take P24 antigen test next week......i will know my fate then............

GOD BLESS......with his MERCY....AMEN

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2008, 02:04:56 pm »
You are wasting money and resources is what you're doing. This is your hysteria in charge here.   

Although ultimately I expect you to test negative at the appropriate time, you're not supposed to be getting tested while you are doing PEP. Just as Matty told you, you should test 4 weeks AFTER completing PEP. And for a final all-clear you should test at 13 weeks past the completion of PEP.
Andy Velez

Offline hanan

« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2008, 06:31:19 am »
ok andy......but why is that...? is testing while on PEP means nothing...? am going to to finish my PEP next week on FRI....my doc said i hav to get a test after finishing my PEP.....so next week i will do P24 ANTIGEN TEST.........

andy am scared to death coz.....more and more symptoms r coming......

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2008, 06:40:32 am »
Hanan,

There is no point in doing a p24 test at this stage of the game. The p24 antigen is only present during the first couple weeks of infection. Read the Testing Lesson, linked to in the Welcome Thread for more information.

It's unlikely that you will go on to test positive after your negative result. Your risk was very small in the first place. Hiv transmission is difficult to transmit from a woman to a man even when no condom is used. You were only unprotected for a brief amount of time. I have yet to see the insertive partner end up hiv positive following a condom break. I do not expect you to be the first.

You need to cool your jets and test at the appropriate time instead of taking test after test. As Andy pointed out, you're wasting resources and not just testing resources, but also med resources. You should never have been put on PEP and your "symptoms" are most likely side-effects from the drugs.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline hanan

« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2008, 07:30:10 am »
thanks Ann...the both rapid hiv antibody tests were negative...at day 22..after exposer....i hope this mean something .....

so Ann which test should i take to make me calm down ....coz....my doctor insists i should take a test exactly when i finish my 28 day PEP treatment............

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2008, 07:41:38 am »
hanan,

The hiv testing window period is three months. When a person does PEP, the window period is extended by four weeks. This means your window period is sixteen weeks from the date of your incident. Aren't you really glad you did PEP unnecessarily?

Testing is not going to calm you down in the slightest, aside from maybe a couple hours or a day. I've seen it all the time on this forum - the more a person tests, the more they seem to get freaked out.

I really do not expect you to end up hiv positive as the result of this condom break, PEP or no PEP. You won't be allowed to use this forum as a place to keep freaking out. If it takes a time out to persuade you to talk to someone face to face about your worries, then that is what will happen.

Your risk was low, you didn't need PEP and you need to lay off the testing until the appropriate time - which in your case, because you unwisely used PEP, will be sixteen weeks after your incident took place. That's just the way it is and there is no shortcut.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2008, 06:02:15 am »
Hanan,

I removed the post you left in someone else's thread. If you'd read the Welcome Thread like you're supposed to, you would have read the following forum posting guideline:

Only those Moderators and members who are authorized to answer questions in the Am I Infected? forum are permitted do so. Unauthorized responses may be deleted without permission of the poster. Repeatedly posting replies of this nature may result in a Time Out or permanent ban, at the discretion of the Moderator Team.

Please consider yourself warned.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline hanan

« Reply #24 on: February 29, 2008, 09:06:07 am »
hi...andy how r u 2day........?  i finished my PEP yesterday.....and my doc did full blood count...T cell Profill ...and STDs.....and HIV test....and eveything came normal..........though my CD4 count is 731........

am going to test after 4 weeks again 4 HIV .....

do u think i will now c more and more symptoms .....coz i stopped my PEP......?

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #25 on: February 29, 2008, 10:07:49 am »
Han,

As your so-called "symptoms" were more likely to be side-effects from the PEP, you can expect to start feeling better, not worse.

Once again, you were never likely to become infected with hiv following this brief incident, whether or not you took PEP.

I fully expect you to continue to test negative.

And by the way, your CD4 count is well within the NORMAL range.

You do not have hiv.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline hanan

« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2008, 02:24:40 pm »
hi guys

i know Andy and Ann ...will tell me to test again on the 13th week after my PEP (which i will DO)...but.....wht do u think of my NEGATIVE PCR-DNA and ELISA tests done on my 6th week...of exposer.....or 2weeks after PEP....?

am planning to do the same tests.....PCR ...& ELISA...after 4 weeks....the only thing that worries me a lot is the small red ...flat rash...which i saw on my abdomen....shoulder....r they related to ARS ....wht type of rash are common with ARS.......and the mark left by the swollen node in my neck...is the other thing that makes me worry..........

otherwise .......am fine....no more fatigue...diahera...or sore throat.....

pls guys help........do u think it is false NEGATIVE my PCR-DNA test after 40 days of exposer...........???????

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2008, 02:58:43 pm »
Since you know what they will say what is the purpose of this post? You know that you will need to test 13 weeks post the last dose of PEP medication. All tests before had are a waste of time and money.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2008, 11:12:21 pm »
You seem to want to go back and forth over things you already know. Dachs has laid it out for you. Get tested at 13 weeks after the completion of PEP. And collect a negative result.

All of the other stuff about any other tests and the details is just self-indulgence on your part and will only continue to feed your unhealthy interest in the whole issue.

Meanwhile get on with your life and stay productively busy with other matters. Really.
Andy Velez

Offline hanan

« Reply #29 on: March 10, 2008, 09:00:51 am »

thank u guys.....will update u in coming weeks......even though it si not 2 test b4 the 13th week.....i  must keep on testing...............wht choice do i have..........it such black year in my all of my life..............i knew something will go wrong in 2008.........but didnt imagine it would be HIV......

Offline hanan

« Reply #30 on: April 06, 2008, 11:45:35 am »
hey guys ....i have just collected my 10th week ...negative antibody test.....this 6 weeks POST PEP...do u guys think this result will likely change...?

am going to do PCR DNA test on tuesday at week 11.........should i take dat test conclusive...am told the PCR test takes 3 days...

otherwise most of the symptoms r gone.......except.....some funny redish rashes on my body ...they r 2 or 3....do i still get ARS at week 10?

pls reply

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #31 on: April 06, 2008, 12:11:14 pm »
A PCR was never designed for diagnostic purporses. AND it often yields false positives because it is so sensitive, although not false negative. You should not be taking that test.

What you should be doing is taking a regular HIV test at 13 weeks past the completion of PEP. And I expect you to continue to test negative.
Andy Velez

Offline hanan

« Reply #32 on: April 25, 2008, 08:55:59 am »
hello everyone..........

i did my 3 month or 13 weeks hiv test 2 day....and it is negative....this is 9 week after PEP...i couldn't believe how tym goes....i was wondering how the 3 month will come....though it is difficult waiting 3month ......there is no OPTION..

since my exposer i have had 6 ELISA and 2 DNA PCR tests...at different stages....so my question now is do i still need testing .......? i read in some PEP research done patient were only followed for 3 months only.........and those who seroconverted did so at the 12th week.........so guys pls help...wht does CDC says about PEP testing...........i need your expert opinions...........

thank you

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #33 on: April 25, 2008, 09:45:19 am »
hanan,

We've already told you what the CDC says about testing after PEP. A test at three months after the last dose of PEP is conclusive.

We've also told you - repeatedly - that PEP wasn't necessary in your case as it is very rare for the insertive partner to become infected following a condom break. As far as I'm concerned, you don't need further testing. However, I have a feeling you're going to continue testing, even with all those negative test results under your belt following a fairly low risk incident.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline hanan

« Reply #34 on: May 08, 2008, 12:08:05 pm »
today is my  15th week...since exposer...and....11week after PEP....i went 2 my GB...and took....Rapid+ ELISA...and PCR DNA {qual}....will get my results 2mrw....my DOC....encoraged me dat my week 10....negative PCR and ELISÄ...is unlikely 2 change.....GOD knows......

otherwise my fear is killing me........my mild sore throat is still there despite i am taking antibiotic for it......so my source of sore throat must be now a virus..........which virus....?.......i dont know.....and i have also swollen glands..iunder my jaw...which my DOC diagnosed......i have also mild rash on my body............it is really freaking me out.......until i know for sure my status.........

finally thanks 4 everyone here.....4 ur valuble thoughts.....encouragement.......it realy helped me the last 4 months.......wish me luck for the other 2 months..........

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #35 on: May 08, 2008, 12:15:29 pm »
hanan,

Why are you testing weekly, and why are you testing with PCR DNA at all? It's not approved for diagnostic purposes because it has a high rate of FALSE positive results.

You really don't need further testing. Your chance of ending up positive was VERY low to begin with, PEP or no PEP. Your test result is not going to change.

You don't have hiv!

You're also very close to being given a time out. Very close.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline hanan

« Reply #36 on: May 20, 2008, 08:48:24 am »
Hello ..Ann, Andy..and everyone…

First of all THANK YOU very much for all ur support and encouragement. I am always grateful about it.

Ann….  I have noticed your warnings. Pls don’t ban me as I didn’t/don’t do wrong doings in ur site.
May be u were upset coz I was doing the pcr test repeatedly.  But Ann,, I didn’t hav any choice….no one can  imagine the SCALE of STRESS and emotions I was going through….unfortunately I was in a real bad situation….I had no one 2 talk 2 ….except one hiv + woman from this forum  (who lives in the same city where I live )….and of course u guys

To my point now…
As AIDSMEDS GUIDELINES I did my 17th week  rapid antibody test which came NEG…before that 2 weeks before at week 15th I did PCR and Elisa….both NEG….in total I did about 3 PCR TESTS ( at week 5..10...15..)  and 8 ELISA & Rapid tests (at week..3..5..8..10..12..14..15..17..)….most of this tests were free except the PCR which costs about 60 Dollars.

So what is the difference b/n AIDSMEDS’s Guidelines and CDC’s guidelines for PEP testing? ….I would like to  put his thing behind ….isn’t that if I am infected at least the PCR should detect it…at week 15th ….I believe the reason PCR is nt recommended is coz it is VERY expensive and its  false positives…..but in my case  the PCR is still neg….is it good…or it is false neg.……….?

Thanks in advance…………I cant wait 2 get married and live honestly and monogamously with my wife……otherwise I will always be at RISK….

Thank you all

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #37 on: May 20, 2008, 09:04:35 am »
Hanan,

It wasn't your repeated testing, it was your repeated posting over a low risk incident, which you never needed PEP for in the first place.

You are conclusively hiv negative and you most likely would have tested negative even without the PEP.

You do not need further testing. You do NOT have hiv. It's time you moved on with your life. Keep posting over this low risk, conclusive negative situation and you WILL be given a time out. There nothing more we can do for you here.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline hanan

« Reply #38 on: September 28, 2008, 11:06:31 am »
Hello every1.....how are u all...? thanks to God am fine....i dont know hw many of u remember me here  but u can read my thread.

Anyways am back here to THANK all of at AIDSMEDS for ur Support and comfort for the last 9 months.....i finally got tested a month ago and got my Negative Result.

Special Thanks to ....ANN...ANDy...Rapid.......

finally let me know if there is any way i help...or get involved.....i thank u....and may God Bless u ALLLL

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #39 on: September 28, 2008, 11:33:41 am »
Congratulations on that happy if not unexpected result.

Make sure that in the future you always use a proper fitting latex condom for vaginal or anal intercourse. That's a great way to celebrate having tested negative.

Good luck to you.
Andy Velez

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.